Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:04:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy way to explain and teach Bitcoin  (Read 3407 times)
arlington

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:24:10 PM

Childs are very interesting creatures, sometimes they do understand the most complex things with a few words and vice versa for the basic things, so I guess it depends on child`s brain how to teach the btc to them.
lunaalthea

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:27:16 PM

Actually this is not just for 7 year olds. You can even teach this to elderly or middle aged people who are not tech-savy, this is actually good. The analogy is great and easily understood. Thanks, I'll try to teach other people about btc base on this story

Transformbitz

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:34:07 PM

Each everyone of us has a skills and people will absorb that if he wanted to know how to use bitcoin. First comes first the target of bitcoin is the banking system which are the most problem of 'monetary system'.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:43:59 PM

The easy way to explain and teach bitcoin is by first making the person understand the idea behind the bitcoin and crypto currency at large. Then also explain the working principles of bitcoin. When he or she understands these two things,then he will fully get what bitcoin is all about.
brainape

Activity: 328

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:59:06 PM

The best way to explain Bitcoin is through explaining money and then taking that person to the technology used behind Bitcoin. Nevertheless, the best way is to explain it all in terms that are easy to understand.
To me I think that internet is the best way through which we can explain bitcoin to some one. In fact you can find any kind of information about on net, a number of sites are there through which we can find out important information about bitcoin. Social media is also an important tool for explain bitcoin as people are doing discussion a bout bitcoin and they providing important information also. I thin one can also get important information about bitcoin from an expert person who have good experience in bitcoin.
retnoanjani

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 11:59:35 PM

Childs are very interesting creatures, sometimes they do understand the most complex things with a few words and vice versa for the basic things, so I guess it depends on child`s brain how to teach the btc to them.
You are right. Their minds are still innocent. Some of them can learn quickly, and vice versa. They are very specific and critical beings. So it would be better taught little by little about digitalization technology.

sheryl26

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:13:15 AM

[https://medium.com/bitcoins-digital-currency/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-a-7-year-old-a9a8c094feaf]
How to Explain Bitcoin to a 7-Year-Old
I’ve been explaining how Bitcoins work since 2010. Here is the simplest analogy I’ve discovered that explains transactions, anonymity, and coin production.

There’s a room that anyone can access. The room has security cameras that anyone can view, and every second of recorded footage is available online forever.

The room is filled with indestructible piggy banks made of transparent plastic. Naturally, these piggy banks have coin slots, and everyone can see which coins are in which piggy bank. These piggy banks can never leave the room.

Each person has a key that can open their piggy bank. Let’s say I want to buy a pair of alpaca socks, and you want to sell them.

First, you tell me which piggy bank is yours. Then, I walk into the room with a ski mask on. Anyone in the world can see me on the security cameras, but not my face.

Next, I unlock my piggy bank, take some coins out, then put them into your locked piggy bank. I leave the room.

Now, everyone in the world knows that your piggy bank has coins that were previously in my piggy bank. This is the case with every transaction, so everyone knows the history of every coin.

“So where do the coins come from? How did it start? Who got the first coins?”

There’s a robot in the room that runs lotteries. Every so often, this robot randomly chooses a piggy bank in the room, and puts 50 coins in it. When it first started, there weren’t many piggy banks in the room since nobody knew about it. Back then, it was easy to win the lottery. Today, there are millions of piggy banks in the room, so your odds aren’t very good.

“Ok, couldn’t someone make their own fake coins?”

No, because everyone has records of every coin in the room, and they know when the robot hands new coins out. If a fraud were to put fake coins into his own piggy bank, everyone would know that those coins were never handed out by the robot, and wouldn’t accept them.

“Who made the robot..?”

Supposedly it was a super genius Japanese man named Satoshi Nakamoto, but nobody knows for certain. Since the security camera footage is available from 2009, we can see that the robot was putting coins into a piggy bank since day 1. We assume it’s Satoshi, but that’s about all we know.

“… Crazy.”
From Tony Diepenbrock IV on medium.

Or you can also watch this excellent video:
bitcoin 101: https://youtu.be/Bhe61JaNFLU
[/quote]

Just tell them what you really know about it no any more no less. Just be true about it so when they lose money they will never blame you because so say the pros and cons that they will experienced if they ever engage into bitcoins. Just first say all the good things about bitcoins and do not ever lie. And if they do not want it whatever you do about it. Just do not force them to joinnif they do not want to because if they really want bitcoins whatever you say they will join it anyways.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 12:25:46 AM

Well i don't personally know about explaining it to a 7 year old but i can tell you when i explained it to my 8  year old daughter. I basically told her the basics of how there is only 21 million coins. I proceeded to tell her how just like with gold and diamonds, bitcoins have to be mined. Lastly i told her each wallet is like a bank vault and if you loose your private key you are screwed. She understood that and how it is secret money.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
melted349

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:29:17 AM

You are right. Their minds are still innocent. Some of them can learn quickly, and vice versa. They are very specific and critical beings. So it would be better taught little by little about digitalization technology.
And for 7 years old the way on how they think are on playing and not in a way of how they may able to eqrn money better explanation also may not help so for me on a kid if igs may explaining this may not worth for.
Aileen C.

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:45:44 AM

Through high technology nowadays I think explaining and teaching it for kids is a plus. Imagine us when we were kids, we learned to save our money by piggy bank. If a kid or your kid will somehow interested into BTC , why not let them do the basic too?
And for 7 years old the way on how they think are on playing and not in a way of how they may able to eqrn money better explanation also may not help so for me on a kid if igs may explaining this may not worth for.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:50:25 AM

Well i don't personally know about explaining it to a 7 year old but i can tell you when i explained it to my 8  year old daughter. I basically told her the basics of how there is only 21 million coins. I proceeded to tell her how just like with gold and diamonds, bitcoins have to be mined. Lastly i told her each wallet is like a bank vault and if you loose your private key you are screwed. She understood that and how it is secret money.

Just explain it to someone in the simplest words possible in a way that they can relate so that you can have the meeting of minds. Cryptocurrencies are new that's why there's a need for a careful explanation to it since a lot of news have been circulating and they are mostly focusing on the bad side. We know that media are biased since they are paid so those banks would spend a lot in order for the people to understand only the bad side of it and not thought on investing but people are smarter nowadays compared before because of social media so they cannot easily manipulate the news. Anyway, explaining it to someone may it be a 7 year old or not should always start with the basics and let them process it and let them ask a question so that we will know their train of thought.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
di.ako.toh

Activity: 154
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:50:59 AM

I believe the saying that, experience is the best teacher. So, if we had the chance to get involve and experience Bitcoin, it might be the easiest way to learn about this type of virtual currency. There must be efforts for us to learn, such as  doing research and timely updating ourself. I think these are the best way.

Ailcab

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:54:23 AM

Right. Because where evolving into high technology, I think letting our kids know the basic into BTC will be an advantage too. At their young age, they think that they're just playing into it but later on when they grow up, they will realize that their earning much. Teaching your kid into a simple way that's not confusing to them. The way that like your playing how to save money through BTC.

Well i don't personally know about explaining it to a 7 year old but i can tell you when i explained it to my 8  year old daughter. I basically told her the basics of how there is only 21 million coins. I proceeded to tell her how just like with gold and diamonds, bitcoins have to be mined. Lastly i told her each wallet is like a bank vault and if you loose your private key you are screwed. She understood that and how it is secret money.

Just explain it to someone in the simplest words possible in a way that they can relate so that you can have the meeting of minds. Cryptocurrencies are new that's why there's a need for a careful explanation to it since a lot of news have been circulating and they are mostly focusing on the bad side. We know that media are biased since they are paid so those banks would spend a lot in order for the people to understand only the bad side of it and not thought on investing but people are smarter nowadays compared before because of social media so they cannot easily manipulate the news. Anyway, explaining it to someone may it be a 7 year old or not should always start with the basics and let them process it and let them ask a question so that we will know their train of thought.
Farvin2

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:28:44 AM

At the age of 7 years I think is not the right age to get to know about bitcoin or the blockchain technology. But if you want teach the kids, first they have to know what money is and what its uses. Dan should use words that are easy to understand, but the best way to make them understand is give them an example of how to use the cryptocurrency try to buy something with bitcoin.
mengpujiu93388

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:54:56 AM

I think the best way to explain and teach bitcoin is to let them experience it so they know what the benefits of bitcoin can be.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:05:36 AM

I believe that the easiest way to get a person to give your his attention when you want to explain bitcoin to him is to mention the money first. Make him believe he can get paid later when he starts working and you get his full attention. It's the same way i used it when i introduced bitcoin to a friend of mine. Then you start explaining the basic rules and information like the value of bitcoin and the use of bitcoin. It all comes easy if he wants to really learn. The most important thing is how to make him want to be a part of bitcoin community.
i so much agree with you money attract people so it's the best way to mention money first and so he/she will pay attention to you because it is so hard to discuss bitcoin if the person is not attentive or not paying attention. Also that person has the knowledge about computers. I've been introducing BITCOIN to my friends and i told them if they want to earn extra money they said yes but  so that's it they are now interested in bitcoin.
darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:06:00 AM

If you are going to explain it to a 7 yearold. Use words that can easily be undestand and use simile and metaphors like saving in a piggy bank. But 7 is still an early age so teach them first about the fiat system for them not to be shocked about cryptocurrency.

Agaton

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:22:36 AM

First of all, make sure you have internet connection, second explain and teach how to provide email address, and third go to bitcoin website and register, after finished registered teaching again how to post and also how to join campaign, investing and trading. Lastly must provide a coin wallet for the salaries and income.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:28:42 AM

Easy way to explain and teach bitcoin is only possible if one is fully aware about the origin; working; current status of it.  In case I do not myself know completely about it  I will not be able to explain it to others.  Just deep knowledge about any issue makes man perfect teacher.  A learned man with good command over language can be able to easily explain the issue to others.

But for becoming a good teacher we have to see the level / standard of the person whom we are supposed to talk about bitcoin.  In case of a man who even never heard the name of bitcoin; we will have to be capable  and efficient to be ready to become first standard or say class one teacher teaching alphabets first of all and followed by how to make words with these alphabets and afterwards how to make sentences with the help of these words.  After one is fully aware about the language then he can understand mathematics; science; physics history etc and can gain full knowledge.

So in addition to having deep knowledge about the subject one must have the capability to check the standard of the person whom he is to teach.  On the other hand a person having knowledge upto to graduation levels needs to be dealt with differently; and need not tell him alphabets.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:32:14 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2018, 11:39:38 PM by ivanst776

Learn bitcoin and blockchain by creating one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: