Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy way to explain and teach Bitcoin  (Read 3407 times)
White32

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:49:12 AM

The easiest way to teach bitcoin except involving money is that actual lessons how and what to do infront of the screen. Specially for those has a low memory to understand by reading and searching only. Its depends too  how the people interested to learn about bitcoin. Its useless if you'll give your time for teaching when the people is not completely interested.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
jamirrah

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:01:54 AM

Explaining bitvoin is like explaining networking once you show huge earnings with proof like payout history or paychecks lots of people get interested but after they see the risk involved more than half of them will hold back. If you want someone to fully understand what btc is start from explaining it as digital currency before going to being storage of value and investment

daduremi

Activity: 252
Merit: 9

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:19:48 AM

first introduce him to the internet
let him understand the internet first, then we introduce bitcoin to them
we teach them how to mine, work, or trade?
but it's not possible for a child of their age, let them understand for themselves what bitcoin is and what its purpose is, as well as its usefulness
it takes a very long time of course Grin
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:23:44 AM

Well despite of the age of a person, we can convince and explain it to someone easily by just telling him how do we earn such profits in things that we do in the crypto world. Next, we must explain to them how it works and what circumstances is within the system using soft and understandable words. Lastly we must be oriented first about the multiple risks that is within it and how that risks turns out to be a profit.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:23:51 AM

first introduce him to the internet
let him understand the internet first, then we introduce bitcoin to them
we teach them how to mine, work, or trade?
but it's not possible for a child of their age, let them understand for themselves what bitcoin is and what its purpose is, as well as its usefulness
it takes a very long time of course Grin

i think almost all the people in the world are already know how to use the basics of internet such as moving the mouse and toggling the browser to open it and make use of it. teaching them to mine ,work or trade isnt really the basics of bitcoin anymore therfor i think your methods arent going to work , you should rather teach them simple ways such as how to create their bitcoin wallet and finding their own bitcoin address or recieveing and also for sending ,etc and so on.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:53:34 AM

Well despite of the age of a person, we can convince and explain it to someone easily by just telling him how do we earn such profits in things that we do in the crypto world. Next, we must explain to them how it works and what circumstances is within the system using soft and understandable words. Lastly we must be oriented first about the multiple risks that is within it and how that risks turns out to be a profit.

That is right but i will also like to add that demonstrating what you have made out of bitcoin and how the network runs to the newbie is the best in my opinion. "Action speaks louder than words" and so should they understand how your mine runs or, your investment in bitcoin grows will, put them in the right understandable and enticing way to get involved.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:27:25 AM

[https://medium.com/bitcoins-digital-currency/how-to-explain-bitcoin-to-a-7-year-old-a9a8c094feaf]
How to Explain Bitcoin to a 7-Year-Old
I’ve been explaining how Bitcoins work since 2010. Here is the simplest analogy I’ve discovered that explains transactions, anonymity, and coin production.

There’s a room that anyone can access. The room has security cameras that anyone can view, and every second of recorded footage is available online forever.

The room is filled with indestructible piggy banks made of transparent plastic. Naturally, these piggy banks have coin slots, and everyone can see which coins are in which piggy bank. These piggy banks can never leave the room.

Each person has a key that can open their piggy bank. Let’s say I want to buy a pair of alpaca socks, and you want to sell them.

First, you tell me which piggy bank is yours. Then, I walk into the room with a ski mask on. Anyone in the world can see me on the security cameras, but not my face.

Next, I unlock my piggy bank, take some coins out, then put them into your locked piggy bank. I leave the room.

Now, everyone in the world knows that your piggy bank has coins that were previously in my piggy bank. This is the case with every transaction, so everyone knows the history of every coin.

“So where do the coins come from? How did it start? Who got the first coins?”

There’s a robot in the room that runs lotteries. Every so often, this robot randomly chooses a piggy bank in the room, and puts 50 coins in it. When it first started, there weren’t many piggy banks in the room since nobody knew about it. Back then, it was easy to win the lottery. Today, there are millions of piggy banks in the room, so your odds aren’t very good.

“Ok, couldn’t someone make their own fake coins?”

No, because everyone has records of every coin in the room, and they know when the robot hands new coins out. If a fraud were to put fake coins into his own piggy bank, everyone would know that those coins were never handed out by the robot, and wouldn’t accept them.

“Who made the robot..?”

Supposedly it was a super genius Japanese man named Satoshi Nakamoto, but nobody knows for certain. Since the security camera footage is available from 2009, we can see that the robot was putting coins into a piggy bank since day 1. We assume it’s Satoshi, but that’s about all we know.

“… Crazy.”
From Tony Diepenbrock IV on medium.

Or you can also watch this excellent video:
bitcoin 101: https://youtu.be/Bhe61JaNFLU
[/quote]

It is a nice explanation about bitcoin but it does not show why we need bitcoin in the first place, you will need to first explain the history of currencies and explain why the fiat system is a fraud and that is not something I know a seven year old kid can understand, if the kid is inclined to activities like logical puzzles you may have a chance he comprehends you but all other kids will struggle to understand you.
Granslam

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:29:36 AM

After researching a lot about thia bitcoin and its technology, i can say it in easiest way to understand by everyone i guess.
Bitcoin is a simplified eletronic codes under decentralized system and blockchain technology made by Satoshi Nakamoto couples of year ago to be a medium of exchange but unexpected happened, people start using it around the world and because of it being decentralize it possessed a high volatility and due to high demand its price is growing.
stormivy14

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:57:33 AM

You don't really need a 7 year old knowing about bitcoin. I mean it's great for added knowledge and everything, but isn't a kid that age too young to think about earning money? Then again if the child is interested you can tell about it, but if not then why bother. I think its wiser to tell the blockchain technology when he or she is ready to apply it in the real world.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:11:54 AM

I am teach about bitcoins from google search then on this forum and bigger expirience on trying to use and make transaction.
I am spend around 100usd before understand what is the commisions and private keys

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
abhishek_bittu

Activity: 111

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:46:46 AM

Well we used to have a Barter System where we used to exchange goods with other goods such as Rice, Maze etc. But we used to give exchange it in Units such as gm, kg, Tone etc. This was back 300 Years ago now in this 21st Century.

Now, we have Developed a Technology where these exchanges can be Divided into small units. 1 Bitcoins can be divided into 1.00000000 units. This will help reduce the issue of Inflation because the system is designed to make Bitcoins to be finite as only about 21 million Bitcoins will ever be released into the system hence the inflation will not be much.
Transfer of money will be easy as compared to current situation. No extra payment needs to be done and no third party is required. You can even transfer your money through e-mail, Image, any Digital imaginable form.
This will also relief us from the Central Bank Monetary Policy. Which I couldn’t understood in details. If we don’t use the system(paper money) I believe we should not be oblige to pay taxes. What gov do in Short, First they Create Paper Money, Then it will be earn by the People, Then they say that the services which was used by you need to be paid for. Then will take back Certain percentage Back
marroxas

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:48:27 AM

The easy way to explain and teach bitcoin is by first making the person understand the idea behind the bitcoin and crypto currency at large. Then also explain the working principles of bitcoin. When he or she understands these two things,then he will fully get what bitcoin is all about.
Ukaraki

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:30:10 AM

If you are going to teach it with the child who is 7 year old, you are going to use the word that can easily understand or comprehend them, but it really depends on the child if the child is not interested they will not easily understand it coz we all know that age is not the age that a child will give time to understand it. There is a child who are very curious but only few.
There are many ways to teach kids about Bitcoin, you can Comparing candy bars like Bitcoin and having money to get them if more money will buy more candy, I think that if the right combination, children will understand very quickly. While many children have been very smart since they were not in school
bjjobg55206

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:03:57 AM

The best way to explain bitcoin to someone is to teach them the basics of bitcoin and let us show us the evidence we can earn.

I think practice is the best teacher. Or you can try a small amount of investment, slowly explore the bitcoin world.
centralbanksequalsbombs (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:35:39 AM

The best way to explain bitcoin to someone is to teach them the basics of bitcoin and let us show us the evidence we can earn.

I think practice is the best teacher. Or you can try a small amount of investment, slowly explore the bitcoin world.

This is a great idea.

Practice makes perfect.

As the OP of this topic, I'd like to re-iterate some other important points about Bitcoin;
Bitcoin's lightning network is emerging where fees will be tiny and cross-chain atomic swaps for decentralized exchange.

Governments and laws are controlled by the central banks. Bitcoin is an anti-establishment revolution that has already solidified itself worldwide.

Bitcoin cannot be controlled. It cannot be banned. It cannot be made illegal. And conversely it cannot be legalized. It just simply is. And people can always use it.

Those trying to undermine and manipulate bitcoin stem from the central bank system around the world;
-the central banks dictate policy to all the operating big banks around the world and have essentially tried their best to ban bitcoin related transactions for more than four years straight, ever since 2013, and have failed at stopping bitcoin's growth, adoption, and popularity
-the central banks fund efforts to undermine bitcoin, providing plenty of capital and liquidity to private companies and venture backed groups such as Digital Currency Group (they own Coinbase, GDAX, Kraken, Bitpay, and media outlet Coindesk) and also Roger Ver/Bitmain to undermine and break the bitcoin protocol and/or manipulate trade

Above are just small examples.

First, educate yourself and then others. Please checkout the link to the bitcointalk post in my signature titled: How to teach Bitcoin to a 7 year old.

Bitcoin is a secure, decentralized, trustless and open system which cannot be banned nor controlled.

Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...why?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it required a central 3rd party to function, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
Bitcoin is on the verge of lightning network release rendering altcoins as only backup plan options if not dead.
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin's value is worth hundreds of billions USD today. Altcoins however are scams, weak, pyramid schemes not offering these values.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to hold the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system. (more than stocks, more than houses, more than gold)

uinu

Activity: 94
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:16:14 AM

You can show them your transaction history, and then tell them the concept of bitcoin, as well as your own profits, I believe people who have the heart to understand themselves to the relevant site to learn to understand.
lionjuvs08

Activity: 159
Merit: 7

ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:29:58 AM

Bitcoin can explain even in a child with full knowledge about bitcoin. Teaching bitcoin to kids need full understanding,but i think we can teach it on a child who have interest to earn money because a child who age is 12 below are those who play games,we don't need to purse them to earn money in youngest age. Let us wait them to have an interest on it.

_________▂▂ ▃]▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █►  arizn  ◄█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂_________
A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM
PRE-ICO: 40% BONUS at www.arizn.network[/center
adsadsx

Activity: 199

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:01:27 AM

You can show them your transaction history, and then tell them the concept of bitcoin, as well as your own profits, I believe people who have the heart to understand themselves to the relevant site to learn to understand.

Bitcoin is a figure. You can say that bitcoin is not something that Satoshi holds, but I think it is Nakamoto's print or put it out. Just say he put it out, did not hand in their own hands.
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:33:55 AM

It's easy to point out the bitcoin, especially if it's intuitive for you to learn because if people are not intimidated it can not be learned. Get involved with Bitcoin through the path of least resistance, by utilizing the tools designed to help beginners experience the Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency revolution taking place.
centralbanksequalsbombs (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:11:40 AM

Well we used to have a Barter System where we used to exchange goods with other goods such as Rice, Maze etc. But we used to give exchange it in Units such as gm, kg, Tone etc. This was back 300 Years ago now in this 21st Century.

Now, we have Developed a Technology where these exchanges can be Divided into small units. 1 Bitcoins can be divided into 1.00000000 units. This will help reduce the issue of Inflation because the system is designed to make Bitcoins to be finite as only about 21 million Bitcoins will ever be released into the system hence the inflation will not be much.
Transfer of money will be easy as compared to current situation. No extra payment needs to be done and no third party is required. You can even transfer your money through e-mail, Image, any Digital imaginable form.
This will also relief us from the Central Bank Monetary Policy. Which I couldn’t understood in details. If we don’t use the system(paper money) I believe we should not be oblige to pay taxes. What gov do in Short, First they Create Paper Money, Then it will be earn by the People, Then they say that the services which was used by you need to be paid for. Then will take back Certain percentage Back

Yes but globally fiat credit issuance is out of control. They issue so much fiat supply that it puts some of the worst altcoins to shame.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: