Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining | 15% POS | 18.07% Term Deposit  (Read 107927 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (15 posts by 2+ users deleted.)
busta

Activity: 85
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:56:33 PM

Just a small question.

What is the advantage of a cluster solo mining than just mining solo per se?

Solo Mining is already brocken, to have a chance to find a block you need a cluster.
(Yes you can have luck to find one, but then why not try your luck to find a Bitcoin Block with your CPU?)
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:24:59 PM

Just a small question.

The advantage of cluster mining vs solo mining is when you can't solo mine blocks the cluster gives you a chance.
Toxic1234

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:47:44 AM

The reason .. the discord link is desactivated or expired
So the same one you gave me didnt work.
So you need to create a new one
Someone can gave me a discord invite link who work plz
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 07:30:17 AM

Just a small question.

The advantage of cluster mining vs solo mining is when you can't solo mine blocks the cluster gives you a chance.

I have questions:

1. How about pool mining? Is it worse than cluster mining?

2. Can I use HODLminer in cluster (it makes more h/s than wallet)?

3. Any link for up to date guide on cluster mining?

Thanks!

Anzelmas

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:04:16 AM

Cluster dead?
Every time I am trying to connect to cluster I get this error:
HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 401
json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

Or something wrong with my miner?
ghobson

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

Crypto Developer

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:41:07 AM

The reason .. the discord link is desactivated or expired
So the same one you gave me didnt work.
So you need to create a new one
Someone can gave me a discord invite link who work plz

https://discord.gg/JFEvP9d

Join the boid community, earn crypto while doing real research with your cpu/gpu boid.com
maxente

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:05:29 AM

Cluster dead?
Every time I am trying to connect to cluster I get this error:
HTTP request failed: The requested URL returned error: 401
json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

Or something wrong with my miner?

No, it' s working fine. Maybe you do not have your *.bat set right.

Code:
start /affinity 555555 cpuminer-avx2 -a hodl --url=http://roi.hopto.org:23110 -u mine -p miner -t 2 --coinbase-addr=your roi adress

start /affinity 555555 means that i disable hyper threading on my cpu and i used only 2 threads for cluster instance -t 2. And don't forget to change cpuminer-avx2 with your miner name *.exe
Dastrike351

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:29:20 AM

@Came up with WIN-WIN information.

Vote for ROI-COIN: https://quantadex.com/vote/411/roi-coin

Quantadex exchange offers 25 USD credit for the new users account.

+1

CryptoCoin101

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 03:40:47 PM

Just a small question.

I have questions:

1. How about pool mining? Is it worse than cluster mining?

2. Can I use HODLminer in cluster (it makes more h/s than wallet)?

3. Any link for up to date guide on cluster mining?

Thanks!

Yes, I have the same question also specially question 1 and 3.

In addition, how is your chance calculated in a cluster in comparison for your chance in solo mining?
Anzelmas

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:01:38 PM

I can't understand what I am doing wrong, but I can't start mining in cluster  Cry
What miner do you use?
Also I don't understand which wallet address I must use. As it was written in maxente example --coinbase-addr=your roi adress I have registered to coinbase.com, but there is no Roi wallet. Must I use my original ROIcoin wallet address?
Sorry for my childish questions. I am newbie in crypto  Embarrassed
busta

Activity: 85
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:55:51 PM

Hello Anzelmas,

i try to help you but i use a pool with direct payouts but for the beginning it may helps you to understand.

I use one these pool on the first page of this thread

Optiminer Pool
SuperNova Pool

when you register and log on, you will find wolfs hodl-miner

-u: your miner/ worker name
-p: your password
-t: CPU threads

the batch file for starting and connecting will be like this:

hodlminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://roi.optiminer.pl:5000 -u YOUR ROI WALLET ADDRESS -p YOUR PASSWORD

when you add to the line

-t 2
2 CPUs on your PC will mine for you

for example with seven CPUs an your PC:

hodlminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://roi.optiminer.pl:5000 -u YOUR ROI WALLET ADDRESS -p YOUR PASSWORD -t 7
cryptoil

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:07:56 AM

I can't understand what I am doing wrong, but I can't start mining in cluster  Cry
What miner do you use?
Also I don't understand which wallet address I must use. As it was written in maxente example --coinbase-addr=your roi adress I have registered to coinbase.com, but there is no Roi wallet. Must I use my original ROIcoin wallet address?
Sorry for my childish questions. I am newbie in crypto  Embarrassed
Not sure if this is helpful but use your ROI wallet address (no additional or outside registration required) and make sure you are mining on the machine that has your active wallet installed. When I was trying to setup cluster mining on my work laptop with no wallet installed it would not work. Let me know and good luck!
Anzelmas

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:11:51 AM

Thanks, busta, for your detailed answer. I am already mining on roi.suprnova.cc pool. There is no problem.
But my question is how to start mining on cluster roi.hopto.org?

Thanks, cryptoil, I will try
xaker74

Activity: 1016
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:43:03 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2018, 08:11:42 AM by xaker74

That's interesting from where the coins that are generated from the deposit come from, it is not POW and not POS? How can be called this method of generation coins.
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:26:36 AM

I can't understand what I am doing wrong, but I can't start mining in cluster  Cry
What miner do you use?
Sorry for my childish questions. I am newbie in crypto  Embarrassed

First of all it would be really helpful if you could specify: 1) what OS you are running (Windows or Linux) 2) what CPU(s) you are using.
In general you DON'T need to register anywhere for solo-cluster mining and you DON'T need a wallet on your mining machine. However you DO need a lot of patience to wait for a block hit. Wink

You only need to have a ROI wallet and for starters choose a certain receiving address of your wallet. The syntax to start (without CPU-specifics) would then be
Code:
[miner-executable] -a hodl -o https://roi.hopto.org:23110 -u mine -p miner -t [number-of-threads] --coinbase-addr=[your-ROI-receiving-address]
For everything in brackets just insert your specific values (without the brackets). This should get you started. For all the other settings we can only help you if you are more specific about your system. Wink GOOD LUCK!
necromars

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:22:01 AM

Thanks, busta, for your detailed answer. I am already mining on roi.suprnova.cc pool. There is no problem.
But my question is how to start mining on cluster roi.hopto.org?

Thanks, cryptoil, I will try

You better stick to pool mining, need a lot of luck for cluster mining. I already tried it twice for 24 hrs  with average hash rate of 1000kh and still no luck to find a block. im getting 160 to 180 coins per day with that hash rate.
DisasterFaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:38:21 PM

That's interesting from where the coins that are generated from the deposit come from, it is not POW and not POS? How can be called this method of generation coins.

You are correct and I would add the staking coins and the term deposit coins are not added as a typical POS as you find in nearly all other coins.

The wallet code creates coins out of thin air and adds them to the wallet every single block of the block chain. This strategy creates some very unique benefits that other coins can't offer such as:

ROI coin does not compete its users against each other. A user with 10 coins gets the exact same payout as a user with 100 million coins the percentage is exactly the same. This matters because all to often with staking coins whale wallets have more weight and so smaller users struggle to get payouts.

ROI coin pays out every single block of the block chain. This matters because it allows a user to predict and know with certainty what the payout stream will be. Other coins can be hard or impossible to precisely predict POS payouts because of how that works. This is a benefit to people who like to make calculations and predictions when analyzing if a coin is worth investing in.

ROI coin pays out staking and term deposit in such a way that your wallet can be locked and/or completely off line. A user with a wallet running day and night will get the exact same payout as a user that leaves there wallet shut off day and night. This matters because some people are not able to leave a computer running and if so they are not punished with reduced payouts. The next time they turn on their computer and the wallet syncs all of their coins are added just as if the pc had never been turned off. Another benefit of this is cold storage. With ROI coin you could term deposit coins for 1 year and then export those to a paper wallet and place it in a desk somewhere. 1 year later you can import those coins back in and all of your rewards are there even though the coins were offline for the last 12 months.

There are other benefits and thinking behind this design but without getting into a lengthy discussion the non-competitive nature of the coin is a push to make the coin more fair and suited for mass adoption. The term deposit feature is a push to control or reduce dumping by enticing people to take their coins out of circulation in order to capture the increased payout rewards.

A couple of things you need to be aware. Coins sitting in the wallet and staking will stop staking after 30 days and will need to be moved/reset to begin staking again. Coins that have completed their term deposit will also need to be moved/reset to begin staking again. This is to push for people to stay engage and occasionally resync their wallets. We don't want users to just forget about the coin.

Last but certainly not least be sure to enjoy and make full use of these payouts while you can. In the future and to control any inflation issues the payout percentages will be reduced and this will be a product of market data, community input and of course some good old common sense.
whotheff

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 01:50:13 PM

You are correct and I would add the staking coins and the term deposit coins are not added as a typical POS as you find in nearly all other coins.

The wallet code creates coins out of thin air and adds them to the wallet every single block of the block chain. This strategy creates some very unique benefits that other coins can't offer such as:

ROI coin does not compete its users against each other. A user with 10 coins gets the exact same payout as a user with 100 million coins the percentage is exactly the same. This matters because all to often with staking coins whale wallets have more weight and so smaller users struggle to get payouts.

ROI coin pays out every single block of the block chain. This matters because it allows a user to predict and know with certainty what the payout stream will be. Other coins can be hard or impossible to precisely predict POS payouts because of how that works. This is a benefit to people who like to make calculations and predictions when analyzing if a coin is worth investing in.

ROI coin pays out staking and term deposit in such a way that your wallet can be locked and/or completely off line. A user with a wallet running day and night will get the exact same payout as a user that leaves there wallet shut off day and night. This matters because some people are not able to leave a computer running and if so they are not punished with reduced payouts. The next time they turn on their computer and the wallet syncs all of their coins are added just as if the pc had never been turned off. Another benefit of this is cold storage. With ROI coin you could term deposit coins for 1 year and then export those to a paper wallet and place it in a desk somewhere. 1 year later you can import those coins back in and all of your rewards are there even though the coins were offline for the last 12 months.

There are other benefits and thinking behind this design but without getting into a lengthy discussion the non-competitive nature of the coin is a push to make the coin more fair and suited for mass adoption. The term deposit feature is a push to control or reduce dumping by enticing people to take their coins out of circulation in order to capture the increased payout rewards.

A couple of things you need to be aware. Coins sitting in the wallet and staking will stop staking after 30 days and will need to be moved/reset to begin staking again. Coins that have completed their term deposit will also need to be moved/reset to begin staking again. This is to push for people to stay engage and occasionally resync their wallets. We don't want users to just forget about the coin.

Last but certainly not least be sure to enjoy and make full use of these payouts while you can. In the future and to control any inflation issues the payout percentages will be reduced and this will be a product of market data, community input and of course some good old common sense.

That is really useful information! Thanks about it!

Of course it raises also a few questions:

1. how is it possible that coins are created out of thin air? Does that mean that ROI is  unlimited by number?
2. I've staked 10 coins for a year. Do I need to "refresh" this every month and how to do that?

TheRaster

Activity: 391
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:02:18 PM

That is really useful information! Thanks about it!

Of course it raises also a few questions:

1. how is it possible that coins are created out of thin air? Does that mean that ROI is  unlimited by number?
2. I've staked 10 coins for a year. Do I need to "refresh" this every month and how to do that?

The coins go up by around 15% a year. So if you have 100 coins the stacking would tern in to around 115 coins after 1 year. But you will see a small % each time a block is mined on the network.

So if there is 1 million coins on the network that are not locked in term deposets then that will be around 1,150,000 coins in 1 year from now.

The coins you have locked you do not need to do anything with untill they unlock 1 year from the time you locked them. Then all you do is send them to yourself to get them collecting the 15% apr or you can term them for another year and get much more APR.

whotheff

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 09:02:09 PM

Can anyone advise how can i mine using 6 core Phenom II?
I tried all possible miners and they all crash.

Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: