Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Avalon mining with customer hardware? Answer is here.  (Read 44350 times)
rovchris

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:46:23 PM

Can you spell 500 Ghash ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237710.0;topicseen

Are these some of the fpgas the miners were conned into trading away ?

Yes I can Five Hundred Gigahashes. Not really sure what point you are making.

How is the mining going at BTCMine? Enjoying your 10 day stint for 0.1 bitcoins?

umm.. BFL rigs = network hashrate flux

WTF does the pool I'm at have to do with this ? Get a better calculator and stop trying to distract others from the matters at hand.

Regardless my 1.4 ghash earns, I was having a freaking blast, even during this dry spell, thanks to having the peace of mind knowing that ITS AN HONEST 10 DAYS PAY. I say 'was' because these revelations have made the plot to centralize Bitcoin and rip off the miners, BLATANTLEY CLEAR.

For you or ANYONE to justify any company's burnin policy, implies of a conflict of interest. THEY MINED BTC WITH THE MINER'S PRE PAID PROPERTY. THEY, WHO EVER THEY ARE MUST BE HELD TO ACCOUNT.

As a show of solidarity to all those who have be taken advantage of, I'll will be taking the rest of my 2.2 ghash offline, when the current round is completed.

WE ARE THE 75% !! Soon to be 99%. :/

Well you felt the need to act like a tool with your comment of can I spell - you get treated like one.

And to further the matter you have just made yourself look like rather idiotic. You obviously have not read any of my posts as I was the one ARGUING that using customers equipment to mine is unacceptable.

Man don't just steam roller in mouthing off like a cretin without reading the thread. Only one outcome you look dumb.

As someone else pointed out the fluctuation was due to ASICMiner nothing to do with a couple of 500ghs BFL units - as the change was huge but unsurprisingly you did not bother to check that either.

Also using the same username across multiple sites is not clever either as you can be easily identified.                                                                                                                                                                        

I can't believe you took the 'spell 500 ghash' comment personally. lmao Did you wish there was a smile face ? Grin Lighten up.

So.. plz explain why AsicMiner would suddenly show as 'other' ?  Huh Huh

I saw how easily you agreed with that and felt I had to call you out on it. Your response is quite telling.

If you would like to discuss this .. then by all means do. Or.. sign in with one of your alter-egos and I'll try to guess if its you again. Tongue

I use the same name because one is all I need. Pretty stupid huh ?

I am actually going to apologise - I was out of line sorry.

I have been arguing with people all day long - I totally agree with you and your stand against ASIC;s we are on the same side here.

But the ASIC miner chart does coincide very nicely with drop in Network hash

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:49:57 PM

As if it wasn't expected.

Get everyone to pay you for developing.
Mine.
Mine.
Mine.
Mine.
Ship everything to get the hype up, so everyone buys next batch.

Difference between all these manufacturers is simply the length of Mine.Mine.Mine phase

props to Vicus (OP) for detailed post

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
rovchris

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 10:59:45 PM

As if it wasn't expected.

Get everyone to pay you for developing.
Mine.
Mine.
Mine.
Mine.
Ship everything to get the hype up, so everyone buys next batch.

Difference between all these manufacturers is simply the length of Mine.Mine.Mine phase

props to Vicus (OP) for detailed post

Brilliant mate - mine mine mine - some turbo mining - followed by more mining and then leaving the unit fully rapped in a ditch ready for the customer.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Perseus353

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:00:18 PM

Is there any logical explanation why would ASICMINER reduce it's hashing power so drastically?

Getting DDOS'ed?

Bitminter has been going down and up a few times in the past week.

1CkV1H1CA67CjpG5QMxEgVU9tNto51DBHd
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2013, 11:15:30 PM

Can you spell 500 Ghash ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=237710.0;topicseen

Are these some of the fpgas the miners were conned into trading away ?

Yes I can Five Hundred Gigahashes. Not really sure what point you are making.

How is the mining going at BTCMine? Enjoying your 10 day stint for 0.1 bitcoins?

umm.. BFL rigs = network hashrate flux

WTF does the pool I'm at have to do with this ? Get a better calculator and stop trying to distract others from the matters at hand.

Regardless my 1.4 ghash earns, I was having a freaking blast, even during this dry spell, thanks to having the peace of mind knowing that ITS AN HONEST 10 DAYS PAY. I say 'was' because these revelations have made the plot to centralize Bitcoin and rip off the miners, BLATANTLEY CLEAR.

For you or ANYONE to justify any company's burnin policy, implies of a conflict of interest. THEY MINED BTC WITH THE MINER'S PRE PAID PROPERTY. THEY, WHO EVER THEY ARE MUST BE HELD TO ACCOUNT.

As a show of solidarity to all those who have be taken advantage of, I'll will be taking the rest of my 2.2 ghash offline, when the current round is completed.

WE ARE THE 75% !! Soon to be 99%. :/

Well you felt the need to act like a tool with your comment of can I spell - you get treated like one.

And to further the matter you have just made yourself look like rather idiotic. You obviously have not read any of my posts as I was the one ARGUING that using customers equipment to mine is unacceptable.

Man don't just steam roller in mouthing off like a cretin without reading the thread. Only one outcome you look dumb.

As someone else pointed out the fluctuation was due to ASICMiner nothing to do with a couple of 500ghs BFL units - as the change was huge but unsurprisingly you did not bother to check that either.

Also using the same username across multiple sites is not clever either as you can be easily identified.                                                                                                                                                                         

I can't believe you took the 'spell 500 ghash' comment personally. lmao Did you wish there was a smile face ? Grin Lighten up.

So.. plz explain why AsicMiner would suddenly show as 'other' ?  Huh Huh

I saw how easily you agreed with that and felt I had to call you out on it. Your response is quite telling.

If you would like to discuss this .. then by all means do. Or.. sign in with one of your alter-egos and I'll try to guess if its you again. Tongue

I use the same name because one is all I need. Pretty stupid huh ?

I am actually going to apologise - I was out of line sorry.

I have been arguing with people all day long - I totally agree with you and your stand against ASIC;s we are on the same side here.

But the ASIC miner chart does coincide very nicely with drop in Network hash

No worries. Wink

pEACe

LainZ

Activity: 146

@WiRED

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:22:17 PM

rovchris you need to extract yourself from the bitcoin picture and see the big picture there at work.

And sadly I will have to remind you that you and me are slaves to technology.

Just like we are ultimately in the hand of governements-we are all slaves to nuclear bomb and they can trigger it.

Technology will one day enable us to go to space though, so I am in.

ASiCS are freedom.

Some people need to see the thing with their own eyes before buying their first bitcoin.

When will they be available in timely manner or correctly priced? Never. Get used to it. Avalon's chip will only ROI if ready to mine for september.

Greed is good, it is what made bitcoin what it is today after all Smiley More obvious is price manipulation...

All slaves to SHA256 and transistors! (wikipedia:In March 2013 American researchers at Stanford University announced they had built a transistor out of DNA and RNA molecules)

They have always known that faith in money is a mass illusion, however they never considered that they wouldn’t be in charge of the illusion - Jon Matonis
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - Richard Feynman
Loredo

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 11:29:03 PM

IMO, things aren't that bad.  Certainly not bad enough to mandate fundamental changes to bitcoin.  Everyone has known that astronomical network hash rate would arrive.  But it's not going to run away until Moore's Law limit or until the speed of light is reached (a barrier that the High Frequency Traders in the stock market are actually facing, BTW; GOOG Reuter's preannouncement release 15 milliseconds Chicago New York).  

It'll stop because of mathematical - game theoretic - reasons.  If Satoshi didn't foresee that, then they weren't so omniscient after all.  But it's not fatal.  The next-Thps-online soon be very cheap for the big concerns, but it's never going to be free.  So that will, itself, form the backstop limit.

It sure looks like something happened in terms of power. The decline (see here, e.g.,  ) is so linear, it sure looks like uninterpretables and backup systems running until one by one, they had to shut down, too.  

Maybe it is all a plot, but then, tell me the motive.  

And no, I don't want to put on the tinfoil "it's Avalon unplugging the boxes to pack and ship em" hat.

G'night.
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 12:15:06 AM

Pretty sad when Avalon team adamantly declared that there is no reason to use main net for burn-in.  Which is true.

So, Avalon calls shame to BFL.  Then they do it themselves.  Sad, but not surprised.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
silverserpent

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 02:02:34 AM

These cretins are going to destroy this currency - I only hope they take themselves out with it.

Chill out man. Who are you to speak like that? You've no idea what is the reason behind this, might be power shortage or things that cannot be controled. Anyway they are the most reliable company in the BTC hardware world, so they bring some value into the currency, not the opposite. Next time you think somebody is a "cretin", I suggest you think about it twice; no wait, I suggest you just shut up.

regardless of the cause, it's a significant flaw / limitation / vulnerability, that should be addressed.
What was the percentage of (HR) power lost to have such a significant impact?
What about a temporary outage, how long is too long before the damage is done?
Loredo

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:05:28 AM

It is 03:00 UTC, and the network hash rate is again over 150 Thps.  Since the bottom of the trough, at about 106, the restoration path has been essentially linear and the rate nearly constant.  Something broke or needed systematic changeout/fix, which required as much as 50 Thps to go off line.  Some of it could have been defensive, with miners going off line when network rate fell below implied difficulty (Bph dropping significantly below 6).  

EDIT: Here's a graph: http://bitcoincharts.com/
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:25:23 AM

Yifu dodging direct questions again:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1gonqe/avalon_claims_to_have_started_mass_shipping_via/camdqk3

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:39:57 AM

How is "I don't do it" a dodge?

I try to be respectful and informed.
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:45:04 AM

do people even read? I think I need to explain things like everyone is 5 years old in the future.

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:45:34 AM

He has finally answered  the specific issue I and others have, namely a client receiving a machine that had apparently been mining.

The excuse provided is that is not from a clients machine but from a "test machine" and that the firmware was copied without the setting being removed. It is plausible, but still raises the question what is test hardware vs clients hardware.

He is still most likely lying out his ass, but oh well.

do people even read? I think I need to explain things like everyone is 5 years old in the future.

Queue Josh style tantrums for not believing him @ his word, hell it only took ~10 forums pages before we got a direct answer !!!!

BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:51:58 AM

He is still most likely lying out his ass, but oh well.

Ah, I see what this is about, but oh well, cbf to care about what you think.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:58:59 AM

Asked and Answered.

Seriously... what more is there to this?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
BenTuras

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:04:22 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 06:24:11 AM by BenTuras

...but still raises the question what is test hardware vs clients hardware.
Try to imagine you are a manufacturer of some hardware.
Can you imagine that you will need some hardware yourself to develop and maintain the software for your hardware ?
Well, that is test hardware.

That unit was a test machine shipped to a customer, a mistake, simple explanation.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Vicus (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:07:36 AM

BitSyncom, offtopic question: don't you think, that anti76 is waiting too long and punished enough?
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1837
Merit: 2861

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 10:25:13 AM

I still have faith in you Yifu... I believe you to be someone who actually cares for bitcoins and the future of them, which is why I know you would not be mining with customer equipment... assuming that you believe something like this happening could really hurt the future of bitcoin.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 02:30:05 PM

I still have faith in you Yifu... I believe you to be someone who actually cares for bitcoins and the future of them, which is why I know you would not be mining with customer equipment... assuming that you believe something like this happening could really hurt the future of bitcoin.

If they even had 0.5001 of a Bitcoin heart, the people at BFL and Avalon would not have allowed the trashing of the Crypto movement, with these shady business practices and distribution methods.

Is it just me or is Bitcoin starting to look more like bit-CIA-n ? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6652.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: