Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:02:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO is new way to get Free money?  (Read 8545 times)
yannick225

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:35:26 PM

Unfortunately yes, no matter if the project is a scam or not ICO is very simple way to raise funds. Even if the team is serious and delivers the token it receives money from a multitude of people and therefore never loses, ICOS need to be framed so that there is no more scam and because it's a very simple and effective way to get money from new investors looking for quick profit
Sweet_Angel

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:55:05 PM

Not all ICOs are bad. Before joining you should investigate first, how the description of ICO itself, whether it is managed by those who are skilled and experienced in their field, how their contract, how about their team work. Once you are sure that ICO is deserve then you join.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 03:29:23 PM

no ico is not a way for easy or free money ico is an investment therefore it involves risk of losing not all ico's is success some others failed to reach their soft cap and some others ico's are scam they run away with investors money after the ico.
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:01:56 AM

Why do not you get the free coin ico will not spend your quite a lot of time but if it succeeds you will earn quite a lot of money is typical coin AST and postoken is 2 ico for you get free 2 minutes of You have got yourself about $ 100-300. I agree pretty much ico bad but there are quite ico succeeded
A bunch of coins launch fairly well, the whole point of releasing a coin is to have people use it. Nobody should want AST.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Hichi

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:22:23 AM

ICO's are great way to earn a money, if you have a good plat (business plan) and if people think that it has some future. The issue is that many don't really care about the business plan, and are only interested in making or raising let's say, a lot of money, and once they have done this, they don't care about the project anymore. That's why you see so many ICO's and so many stupid ideas, it's because people are not really interested in offering a good product, but are more interested in getting money that they'll use on themselves. It's bad that we've reached that point but I believe that things will become much worse as years pass, we might see more interest and then we'll see more ICO's popping out. Maybe at some point things will be kinda more organized and regulated and that might help investors evaluate whether a project is for real or just wants to scam its investors.
Jeremy-Whites

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:49:16 AM

Just like in the real world, although there surely are real project that aim at achieving something. I am looking at these guys at Cointed. They have been around for a while now as a exchange platform, hardware provider and a mining, so they sort of know what they need to grow, thus they make their ICO to crowdfund their goals.
josephdenne

Activity: 299

Founder & Core Team @ Edge Network

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 12:16:54 PM

Without question there are ICO's out there are nothing more than ponzi/get rich quick schemes, in the same way there are businesses in the "real" world that ethically questionable. Key is running due diligence on the business and people behind an ICO before you make the jump to invest.

Some questions to keep in mind:

• Is this an established business?
  • Is that business proven in market and making money?
  • Is there a credible team in place?
  • Is there a white paper for the project?
  • Does the white paper actually make sense?
  • What's the long term forecast for the market the business is in?
  • Is there a transparent roadmap?
  • Is the business making progress against that roadmap?
  • Has the project published any source code?
  • Is the ICO capped?
  • Is the ICO cap realistic? (No business needs 200m to get a project off the ground!)
  • Has the team been transparent about the intended use of funds?
  • Is the ICO operating under existing jurisdiction?

I'm biased, but check out DADI. We're conducting our offer under the regulatory framework of the UK (“Crowdsale”), are an existing business with a profitable trading history, are taking a stance of full transparent for our crowdsale (see https://dadi.cloud/en/due-diligence), have published a comprehensive technology white paper (https://dadi.cloud/en/due-diligence) and have established Open Source product available in Github now (https://github.com/dadi).

You can find us on bitcointalk here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2349363.new

Edge is the infrastructure of Web3. A decentralized cloud, powered by the blockchain. Community: https://discord.gg/edge-network
usekevin

Activity: 2226
Merit: 561

Need Manager!!Hire Me!! Telegram Id @Usekevin

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:27:22 PM

You say:  ICO is new way to get Free money?
I'm not sure if you understand how ico's work. You have to invest in it, often with BTC and/or ETH so it is not free.
Now can you make money with ico's? That's a totally different question.

I don't think you get free dollar from the ICO and all.In ICO,you will easy to inverse .If any new coin is raised means,they will form the ICO for the sales of that that coin for Bitcoin or Eth.So by this you wont get any money .If the brought toxens value is raised means ,you will get some money from that.Other than this ,you won't get any money from ICO.
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:31:01 PM

I do not know why! I only think that Ico project is a more modern Ponzi method right now.  Huh
How about you, YES OR NOR ?   Huh
I think yes, especially the bounty aspect. It is really a good one for those who doesn't really don't have any money to start cryptocurrency investment.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:41:51 PM

Since they are not regulated by govermantel regulations at most of the time, they tend to be a scam. In my opinion, contributors of the Icos now the risks and they take it for earning a great amount of money. So while they do not be warned about the scam, they already know that this is scam in fact but anyways take the risk and lets see what we will see at the end of the road.
hari9981

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:45:06 PM

there are some ico projects which is a failed project and the coins have no value. so the coin is not used by the owner. some are not scam and their coins are very expensive .. it's all because at the time of ico coins they are sold at very cheap prices. and after ico the price of coins goes up because of the many demand coins. maybe that makes people successful from ico project.
cryptogirls85

Activity: 169

Trying to be someone... someday

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:49:15 PM

So, if I have a good idea for a business and a plan on how to implement it but I lack funds to get this project moving.
How would I involve investors with a new ICO process?
How would I be sure that someone else who has the funds to do it wont just steal my idea and implement it?

KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:55:41 PM

I do not know why! I only think that Ico project is a more modern Ponzi method right now.  Huh
How about you, YES OR NOR ?   Huh
I won't say it's a ponzi but it is definitely a new way to get free money. Sometimes they just put an idea, insert decentralized word here and there and held an ico, collected more than 1 million USD for something that doesn't need the blockchain. They can't collect that much if not for ico, that's why there's so many ico right now. After they make a lot of money, they don't care about the token price or the one that participate in their ico because they already got the money. It's better if they only collected a small amount because they will be encouraged to increase the value of the project.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:57:39 PM

not good ICO
I mean if you are speaking about nice real ICO projects - they are not a way to get free money
but ICO scams are practicing it all the time Roll Eyes
ICO is just a way of diverting the minds of investors to fall into their baits. Having an impressive rewards and any marketing strategies, no wonder many investors will go for it eventually. How pity for them if they don't recognized it earlier. But of course, we should accept the reality that we are not perfect and sometimes we experience losses.
kaeluxdeuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 510

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:06:23 PM

Yes, anyone can make money, from a positive and negative stand point.

From a negative point of view, a project could mislead you into investing into a particular ICO, and falling into the scam. And we all know that scams are everywhere, and truth be said 80% or more of ICO's nowadays could be scams. This is where good research comes into play, and never commit into investing unless absolutely sure what your investing into!
I've also noticed that when an ICO is in the process of being launched, you will get other users who will try and mislead OTHER users from investing into a legit ICO - this is also unacceptable!

From a positive stand point, if you have an ICO that you and your team really believe will work, you have a whitepaper and within that a roadmap that is real and achievable, your ICO has good soft cap value, and finally you have a community that is willing to follow and back this project - then you will get money in the long run. You not only create something that benefits the community, but you and whoever invested in the ICO will profit from it.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Lumada

Activity: 520
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:08:34 PM

not good ICO
I mean if you are speaking about nice real ICO projects - they are not a way to get free money
but ICO scams are practicing it all the time Roll Eyes
ICO is just a way of diverting the minds of investors to fall into their baits. Having an impressive rewards and any marketing strategies, no wonder many investors will go for it eventually. How pity for them if they don't recognized it earlier. But of course, we should accept the reality that we are not perfect and sometimes we experience losses.
As a bounty hunter, we can definitely earn free or more than what are work can offer to us, some paid more than what we expect and some didnt even care for the works done, it will depend on what an ICO can offer thus its reliable or legit.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
cevap

Activity: 490

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:11:46 PM

If you are lucky or you do a good research on the project, you may as well get a huge profit from participating in ICO. In recent weeks there has been quite a lot of crowdsales, where the price of the coin dropped drastically after ICO so nothing is certain now.

CTO@MyBitMine

Activity: 796
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Actually ICO's now looks like "golden-rush" in 19th century. Every one wants to get easy money and dont want to work for it. Im crypto entuthiastic and this situation now so sad for me. It really so hard to find good one ICO with good and promising project.
donadoni212

Activity: 456

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:52:39 PM

ICO is a fundraiser for developing a company in an easy way, but nowadays many people are not responsible for abusing ICO.
many scams today are almost 80%, you can analyze an original ICO from a related TIM, the background of the company and the goods or services it offers.
I recommend to you moyanetwork, an ICO that aims to bring submarine cable to Africa, you will find the best TIM and professional in their field.
ICO takes place 15 november .
Visit to buy moya token https://token-sale.moyanetworks.com

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2017, 01:55:19 PM

I'm a little more level headed than others.  I don't think 90% of ico's are scams or ponzi.  Rather, I think 80% of icos are just terrible business ideas with a terrible team and a terrible product or no existing product.  The straight up scam seems to be pretty rare actually, you know, where they straight up lie and steal your ETH or BTC.  And due to regulations and more security awareness, I believe these will be more rare.  So what you mostly have are just really bad start ups to invest into.  Either it is an idea that has already been done or is done better by somebody else, a project that has absolutely no use for blockchain technology, there is no existing product only a whitepaper, or the team is just flat out incompetent.

So if 80% of icos are terrible business ideas
Then 10% are straight up scams
Then the remaining 9% are legit but nothing great.
And the final 1% are pure gold game changers.

Really, are you going to make a lot of money off of icos?
Don't listen to the rare one or two who claim to have made it big and rather listen to the literally HUNDREDS of people here warning about how icos are risky investments.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: