Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 10:44:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A lot of alts won't survive the Forks  (Read 715 times)
chocopapaya (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 02:24:07 AM

There are a lot of people who think that alts are down just because of last months and this month's fork.
While there is truth to that, there is a simple explanation that is easy to overlook:  You can actually use BTC.

When BTC crashes next people believe the money will flow back into alts, but this time I think some have really just leveled off or will die off completely.
The market is oversaturated with projects and companies that have a coin but have absolutely nothing to back it up.
Look at the top 100 coins at coinmarketcap, how many of those projects actually have a workable product or use for their coin?
Why would say, something like Chainlink ever go up when there is absolutely no use or product behind it?
I suppose longterm, there are prospects, but this time I'm thinking not all alts will recover like people hope they will.
The money can flow back to alts, but it will flow back to reliable projects and leave the rest behind.

Oh, by the way, btc silver fork in december...ugh...

And one more thing, what's up with so many people asking the same questions about ICOs?  Whatever happened to a little forum reading or good old fashioned research?

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:30:59 AM

the good seasoned alts with real use cases and functioning software will rise.

the rest .... well

Choosewise

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:37:09 AM

the rest .... well
Yup. That's how it's supposed to be

Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:28:30 AM

A lot of people are hoping on alts going up after the fork.
If bitcoin crashes then alts will have to go up higher than bitcoin is falling and that is highly unlikely.
And if you look back to a year or so ago the top coins aren't even relevant anymore.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
darylalban

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:03:13 AM

the rest .... well

I completely agree. The upcoming months will weed out the scams and weak infrastructures. One I would keep my eye on would be cybermiles. Generally those with a solid team, existing platform, and great market fit are the ones that succeed. I see a lot of potential in them.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:05:17 AM

If bitcoin crashes then alts will have to go up higher than bitcoin is falling and that is highly unlikely.
And if you look back to a year or so ago the top coins aren't even relevant anymore.

Not a lot, but all of the speculators, the altcoin as a way to gain the more money in this time. As you can see many people are betting in the next jump of the altcoin. OP seems make incorrect thread about this. This seems threatened the altcoin itself. That's why all of them in competition to deliver the useful product. Some already used their own product but another still on the development.
THe purpose of ico to help ico to get the more fund to develop the product. But some incompetence person just try do that to make another crap.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 04:42:31 AM

If a coin is good, it would not die easily but if it is really good in terms of team, project, development etc. It will survive anyway. But there will be lots of coin failed for sure.

hgmarral

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:48:26 AM

A lot of alts won't survive long term, just like how most start-ups fail long term, pretty much everyone accepts this. Whether it is the forks that will cause alts to crash remains to be seen. The forks being a catalyst for bitcoin to make another bullrun has meant that significant attention and more money has come into the whole eco-system.

On a longer term scale I think that is most likely a positive for alts because it will mean more people buying alt coins as a certain % of those invested in bitcoin will look to other coins for investment. Nearly everyone who first starts off in crypto starts by buying some bitcoin before getting interested in other coins.
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:53:41 AM

When BTC crashes next people believe the money will flow back into alts, but this time I think some have really just leveled off or will die off completely.
I have some doubts about it. Usualy while bitcoin is having a strong dump most of alts are red together with BTC. When BTC crashes most users will just try to pick fiat.

the rest .... well
Well, the more hyped alts (like bitcoin cash, lol) always survive. Such forks can be even good for usefull alts because it makes them less speculative.

babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:57:57 AM

I like your perspective about the aftermaths of the bitcoin folk scheduled for November. But i would like to say this with certainty that nobody knows what will recover or not. Even bitcoin might disappear snd stop existing while another coin know or unknown might replace it. We surely do not know what will happen yet!
SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:59:08 AM

That's not true. Most of time when BTC drops, the whole market drop together.
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:08:50 AM

If a coin is good, it would not die easily but if it is really good in terms of team, project, development etc. It will survive anyway. But there will be lots of coin failed for sure.
for example we can see eth as an example.
desomnomnom

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:31:54 AM

definitely believe that alts will still survive, given that they have a great time and a working product eventually.
pearlmen

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:39:33 AM

There are a lot of people who think that alts are down just because of last months and this month's fork.
While there is truth to that, there is a simple explanation that is easy to overlook:  You can actually use BTC.

The market is oversaturated with projects and companies that have a coin but have absolutely nothing to back it up.
Look at the top 100 coins at coinmarketcap, how many of those projects actually have a workable product or use for their coin?
Why would say, something like Chainlink ever go up when there is absolutely no use or product behind it?
I suppose longterm, there are prospects, but this time I'm thinking not all alts will recover like people hope they will.
The money can flow back to alts, but it will flow back to reliable projects and leave the rest behind.

Oh, by the way, btc silver fork in december...ugh...

And one more thing, what's up with so many people asking the same questions about ICOs?  Whatever happened to a little forum reading or good old fashioned research?

Your argument is true because what most people who have tons of their investment in alts always pray is that btc price will crash therefore that will lead to the pump.of the alt market but what they forget is that while an outflow from alt could be traced to the inflow of btc, the same cannot be said in the case of outflow from BTC because btc is just independent on its own and can be exchanged directly to fiat.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:56:57 AM

this is exactly what i have been saying for years!

people think the drops are because of bitcoin rise, bitcoin fork,... but the fact is that bitcoin related stuff was only one of the reasons (the smallest reason) for the altcoin dumps. the reality is that bitcoin stuff was mostly like the catalyst which hastened the inevitable dump of altcoins which were in fact in a big bubble which had to burst.
and since many still don't believe this, many of the bubbles still remain and will bust slower but it is inevitable. the dump part of the pump will always come. it is like a seesaw, you can not just go up, you have to come down at some point before you can go back up again.

Buying the dip...
1L0v3

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:21:45 AM

this is exactly what i have been saying for years!

people think the drops are because of bitcoin rise, bitcoin fork,... but the fact is that bitcoin related stuff was only one of the reasons (the smallest reason) for the altcoin dumps. the reality is that bitcoin stuff was mostly like the catalyst which hastened the inevitable dump of altcoins which were in fact in a big bubble which had to burst.
and since many still don't believe this, many of the bubbles still remain and will bust slower but it is inevitable. the dump part of the pump will always come. it is like a seesaw, you can not just go up, you have to come down at some point before you can go back up again.

Which altcoins are you speculating will dump that haven't yet?
Tamy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:26:55 AM

Nobody knows what will happen but probably you are right that some of altcoins will not survive the forks. I believe that due to the Forks people where selling their altcoins and buying BTC, but after the fork I expect that people will sell some of their holdings in bitcoin and buy altcoins. Altcoins like ethereum and monero will probably continue to raise, while some of altcoins will not survive. The time will show what will happen. It is really interesting to read different opinion on this topic.
michellee

Activity: 2800
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:56:08 PM

maybe it is true but as long as the dev and the team works seriously then I think the coins will be survive after the forks and the price will not getting affect or maybe it will affect by a little. i see there are many coins that is trying to survive because of the fork and they still trying to exist in the exchanges and they have a bigger community that will ready to give their support to help the coins survive. but it will back to people which doing trade in the market and the exchanges because if one coins is getting listed in the exchanges, the exchanges have a fully decision to keep the coins in their listed.

tabrin

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:06:02 PM

the rest .... well

I agree, good season for good alts, as it should be. Useless stuff will die quick deaths.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:07:38 PM

maybe it is true but as long as the dev and the team works seriously then I think the coins will be survive after the forks and the price will not getting affect or maybe it will affect by a little. i see there are many coins that is trying to survive because of the fork and they still trying to exist in the exchanges and they have a bigger community that will ready to give their support to help the coins survive. but it will back to people which doing trade in the market and the exchanges because if one coins is getting listed in the exchanges, the exchanges have a fully decision to keep the coins in their listed.
Possibly lots of alts wont survive for the reasons no development of the project. It has been left by developer thats why most alts wont survive. But still there are some alts will survive and continue to grow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: