Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:08:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy bitcoin with cash deposits at most banks in the USA with Bitcoin-Brokers  (Read 104419 times)
sayulita (OP)

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:39:02 PM

I seriously hope that this 400 minimum will be waived in my case as i did not read this until now and was given a quote by Dan for 300 dollars today. I've already deposited my money as well and not one word of this was mentioned to me. First time using this service so hopefully i will not regret it. Anyway uploaded my JPEG scan of receipt and business card via email to Daniel. Your website won't allow me to submit it there. I tried 4 times.

The original ticket request was actually from 1 week ago when you were so busy you could not fill my order because you sold out. Maybe this is why the 400 minimum was not mentioned.

It wasn't mentioned to you because I let your order slide by. If you check your email you will see I notified you within the last 15 minutes to say the seller authorized the release of your BTC and they have been sent to your address.

If this isn't your order, contact me through the help desk please.

Thanks.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
hojo

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:08:23 AM

I'm always nervous with this type of service and being my first time with you guys it just had me a bit on edge. It's a complicated business and It seems that when i finally understand it something changes lol. I truly appreciate your consideration and professionalism. I mean it cost me less than 3 dollars for depositing 300. With the fluxuation of the market i could have probably waiting a day and had more money than i even deposited. However 1.5 hours from when i emailed you the proof of deposit the seller ok'd the release and you guys sent the funds. 5 hours for the 41 blockchain confirmations and i received my coins. You guys are the best. keep it up. I've slammed other companies really hard lately for their issues so i do not give out compliments easily but you deserve it. You were all so nice to deal with. Thank you.
cardcomm

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:45:35 AM

I did two transactions with your service this week, and I thought I'd do a quick review. I evidently just missed the new $400.00 minimum, because I was able to start with a transaction of just $100.00 for my test run.

I submitted a transaction request fairly early in the morning requesting to purchase one bitcoin via a specified bank. BTW, I was initially a little put off by the "support ticket" nature of the request system. But once I got used to it (right away) I realized its actually a very nice solution.

Anyway, I got a quote back within just a few minutes. There was a little quick back and forth with me asking beginner questions, all of which were answered quickly through the support system. I agreed to the quote, and made the deposit. The funds were released to my bitcoin address within aprox. 1 hour of uploading proof of deposit.

The second transaction went well too, although they were initially out of coins. Dan asked if he could get back to me when they had more and I agreed. Within two hours, I'd heard back, and requested a quote. This time it took slightly longer for the seller to release my coins, but it was still within ~2 hours. According to the terms of service they have up to 24 hours to release the funds, so keep that in mind. But in my case they were quite fast.

Overall the service was very nice and VERY pain free. It's simple to use, and I feel I got a fair exchange rate.

One small quibble I have is having to ask for a business card from the teller. This was a bit awkward in both cases, as it prompted them to try and sell me banking services.

I'd planned to use this as my "go to" funding source in the future, and came to write up this review.

While looking through the thread before posting this, I noticed the new $400 minimum. So while I'm at it I have a couple of comments regarding this:

1. If the minimum transaction had been $400 when I first looked at the site, I would have never tried it. That amount is out of my comfort zone for a first transaction with a service like this. I would have simply moved on.

2. I recognized the need to have a relatively high minimum. Clearly your service requires significant manual intervention. With that said, $400 seems a bit on the high side for many buyers. I typically buy amounts in the $250-$300 range, so I'll probably not use the service as often as I might otherwise. I understand of course that if you already have more customers than you can handle with the $400 minimum there is no reason the reduce it.

In summary, I really like the service. Much more so than I though I would, actually. Very professional and fast judging by the limited transactions I've done. I do wish the minimum were just a bit lower, though. Even $300 would be good...

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
hojo

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:00:56 AM

One small quibble I have is having to ask for a business card from the teller. This was a bit awkward in both cases, as it prompted them to try and sell me banking services.

1. If the minimum transaction had been $400 when I first looked at the site, I would have never tried it. That amount is out of my comfort zone for a first transaction with a service like this. I would have simply moved on.

2. I recognized the need to have a relatively high minimum. Clearly your service requires significant manual intervention. With that said, $400 seems a bit on the high side for many buyers. I typically buy amounts in the $250-$300 range, so I'll probably not use the service as often as I might otherwise. I understand of course that if you already have more customers than you can handle with the $400 minimum there is no reason the reduce it.

In summary, I really like the service. Much more so than I though I would, actually. Very professional and fast judging by the limited transactions I've done. I do wish the minimum were just a bit lower, though. Even $300 would be good...

I have to agree with this persons opinion on the 400 dollar minimum although i am very appreciate of the waiving on this for me today given my situation last week and it being a ticket previously started.
Next I have to suggest the process with the request of a buisness card from the teller being changed or not applying to Chase Bank at least. The teller looked at me like i was nuts when i asked and told me tellers there do not have or give out business cards. They have their first name on the receipt however along with the drawer # (station) they are working from along with the time date/stamp. I had to get a card from a Manager or Bank rep to feel confident i would not have issues. Does this vary from bank to bank as for Chase it seems to be standard. Maybe this policy can be modified and explained on the FAQ page to help newbies. Just feedback and suggestions I still loved the service I received. The service fee was actually 6 dollars for purchasing 300 dollars in coins but the increase in coin value made it a 3 dollar cost only.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 03:14:52 PM

Rather than turning away the small orders, why not just charge them a higher percentage?  Then they can try it out, get comfortable, and then use it for larger transactions.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 03:38:51 PM

Rather than turning away the small orders, why not just charge them a higher percentage?  Then they can try it out, get comfortable, and then use it for larger transactions.

There are two main reasons why the increase has happened, and one of those reasons is the fact that  sellers of BTC want to reduce the number of transactions running through their accounts.

The sellers are integral to Bitcoin-Brokers success...without them, there are no banks, and no bitcoin despite what the rates happen to be.

So its not a matter of just charging more to customers, its more about respecting the wishes of the sellers.

It is unfortunate if this becomes a hurdle which cannot be reconciled with some buyers, yet it is the reality of the situation.

▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cardcomm

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:00:20 PM

There are two main reasons why the increase has happened, and one of those reasons is the fact that  sellers of BTC want to reduce the number of transactions running through their accounts.

The sellers are integral to Bitcoin-Brokers success...without them, there are no banks, and no bitcoin despite what the rates happen to be.

So its not a matter of just charging more to customers, its more about respecting the wishes of the sellers.

It is unfortunate if this becomes a hurdle which cannot be reconciled with some buyers, yet it is the reality of the situation.

I totally respect that - your sellers are the lifeblood of the system, and you must keep them happy. It makes perfect sense that they would want to limit the number of cash deposits made my others into their bank accounts! I'd still prefer it if the minimum were more in the $250-$300 range. But that's probably because my typical transaction will be in that range! lol.

As far as the business card thing - that pretty much HAS to be changed. Assuming I use the service regularly, I'll quickly "run out of different branches" near my home. They are all pretty small, and soon they will begin to recognize me as "that weird guy that makes deposits into other random people's accounts, and always asks for a business card." It's gonna get noticeable quick, and that's the last thing anyone needs.

I feel like supplying the name of the teller and the address of the bank branch, along with the deposit slip should be enough. I'll consider using your service again, even with the higher minimum. But the business card thing is kind of a deal breaker.

Thanks for investing the work putting this together, and best of luck with your service moving forward.

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 05:16:24 PM

I totally respect that - your sellers are the lifeblood of the system, and you must keep them happy. It makes perfect sense that they would want to limit the number of cash deposits made my others into their bank accounts! I'd still prefer it if the minimum were more in the $250-$300 range. But that's probably because my typical transaction will be in that range! lol.

As far as the business card thing - that pretty much HAS to be changed. Assuming I use the service regularly, I'll quickly "run out of different branches" near my home. They are all pretty small, and soon they will begin to recognize me as "that weird guy that makes deposits into other random people's accounts, and always asks for a business card." It's gonna get noticeable quick, and that's the last thing anyone needs.

I feel like supplying the name of the teller and the address of the bank branch, along with the deposit slip should be enough. I'll consider using your service again, even with the higher minimum. But the business card thing is kind of a deal breaker.

Thanks for investing the work putting this together, and best of luck with your service moving forward.

I'm happy with the service.  All aspects of it.  My suggestions are merely my idle thoughts on how it might grow.  (Automation is going to be essential.)

For what its worth, I routinely make large deposits into the accounts of others.  Bullion is often sold with this mechanism, it is less weird than you might think.  When I go to my own bank they pretty much recognize me as "that gold and silver guy that makes large deposits into the accounts of others". 
They also know that I work with Bitcoins, and some are curious.  It is only a matter of time before some of the tellers will be downloading wallets of their own.  Our community grows person by person. 

So when you walk into the bank to use this service, take this advice:  Keep a smile on your face, and pride in your heart without any fear, and they will want to know what your secret to happiness might be.  The more of us there are, the more those bitcoins you just bought will be worth down the road.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 07:48:52 PM

So when you walk into the bank to use this service, take this advice:  Keep a smile on your face, and pride in your heart without any fear, and they will want to know what your secret to happiness might be.  The more of us there are, the more those bitcoins you just bought will be worth down the road.

+1! Smiley

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 08:09:37 PM

+1! Smiley

I second that motion......great attitude.

Its amazing how many doors open for you in life when you just smile at the person holding it for you.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 01:29:33 AM

I just had 100BTC escrowed by a seller who wants a cash deposit at Wells Fargo. These are selling at MtGox.

This seller only accepts deposits which are $1200 or larger.

Thanks.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
cardcomm

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 01:31:34 AM

Rather than turning away the small orders, why not just charge them a higher percentage?  Then they can try it out, get comfortable, and then use it for larger transactions.

There are two main reasons why the increase has happened, and one of those reasons is the fact that  sellers of BTC want to reduce the number of transactions running through their accounts.

I'm happy with the service.  All aspects of it.  My suggestions are merely my idle thoughts on how it might grow.  (Automation is going to be essential.)

For what its worth, I routinely make large deposits into the accounts of others.  Bullion is often sold with this mechanism, it is less weird than you might think.  When I go to my own bank they pretty much recognize me as "that gold and silver guy that makes large deposits into the accounts of others".  
They also know that I work with Bitcoins, and some are curious.  It is only a matter of time before some of the tellers will be downloading wallets of their own.  Our community grows person by person.  

So when you walk into the bank to use this service, take this advice:  Keep a smile on your face, and pride in your heart without any fear, and they will want to know what your secret to happiness might be.  The more of us there are, the more those bitcoins you just bought will be worth down the road.

It's good to know that these types of transaction happen often. You make a number of good points, I appreciate that. Perhaps in time I'll become more used to asking for their card, or just not caring if it's awkward.

Thanks

BTW, I just wanted to reiterate that my impression of the service is extremely positive. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the responsiveness for the service reps. I just wanted to bring up my concerns in an effort to make the service better for everyone. I'll sure I'll be doing more transactions as budget allows. Smiley

sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 12:41:49 PM

Another 100 BTC has just been escrowed at a Bank of America which can be purchased now.

Contact Dan at the help desk to arrange payment.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:05:00 AM

Just sent my first sell with Bitcoin Brokers. Talking with Dan was awesome, I am looking forward to working together! I will definitely update with the results.

Thanks Sayulita
cardcomm

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:58:08 PM

Does it show the minimum transaction amount somewhere on the site? Is is still $400?

Thanks Smiley

sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:38:39 PM

Does it show the minimum transaction amount somewhere on the site? Is is still $400?

Thanks Smiley

It is still $400.00

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:40:32 PM

Another 450 BTC are available starting tomorrow with a deposit at a Bank of America.

Feel free to contact Dan through the help desk at www.Bitcoin-Brokers.org

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 02:09:52 AM

I've been working with Dan for the last 2 days and I've sold over 90 btc successfully and extremely quickly. I do understand that my feedback only means so much as a member who hasn't quite established himself here yet, but I am very actively involved with trading in the Bay Area, CA and have had a great experience with Bitcoin-Brokers.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:32:12 AM

I've been working with Dan for the last 2 days and I've sold over 90 btc successfully and extremely quickly. I do understand that my feedback only means so much as a member who hasn't quite established himself here yet, but I am very actively involved with trading in the Bay Area, CA and have had a great experience with Bitcoin-Brokers.

Thanks very much.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
peterblack

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:56:14 PM

I also wanna give Dan and BB positive reference.

I have been selling my coins thru his service for a week and half now and everything has been good!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: