Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:38:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy bitcoin with cash deposits at most banks in the USA with Bitcoin-Brokers  (Read 104418 times)
sayulita (OP)

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:32:26 PM

Just finished with half the coins with him and cash in my bank at a great price, cant beat no fees. Superior services, deserves lots of credit.

I appreciate that very much. Thanks again.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCM

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:41:39 AM

Great site, the owner has been working extremely hard to build his reputation and it shows. Can't imagine there's a faster way to buy bitcoin.
kawkaw2013

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:38:07 AM

I would like to take this time to announce that Bitcoin-Brokers has now opened the service to residents of Canada. If you bank at any of the top banks in Canada, Bitcoin-Brokers will now list your bitcoins for sale on our site for free.

Canadian sellers of bitcoins will receive cash payments for their bitcoins deposited directly into their personal Canadian bank account.

www.Bitcoin-Brokers.org

This might interest someone I know in Canada with lots of coins to sell. Roughly how much could he sell each week at Mt.Gox prices? It has to be worth his while. He is not a small fish.

I read in your arbitrage thread that you had an over supply of buyers. Is this still the case?
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:05:07 PM

I would like to take this time to announce that Bitcoin-Brokers has now opened the service to residents of Canada. If you bank at any of the top banks in Canada, Bitcoin-Brokers will now list your bitcoins for sale on our site for free.

Canadian sellers of bitcoins will receive cash payments for their bitcoins deposited directly into their personal Canadian bank account.

www.Bitcoin-Brokers.org

This might interest someone I know in Canada with lots of coins to sell. Roughly how much could he sell each week at Mt.Gox prices? It has to be worth his while. He is not a small fish.

I read in your arbitrage thread that you had an over supply of buyers. Is this still the case?

The Canadian side of the business isn't anywhere near as busy as the US side.

If you are a Canadian resident, and have btc for sale, then they will sell, but not in the volumes which is sold on the US side.

▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:05:33 PM

Great site, the owner has been working extremely hard to build his reputation and it shows. Can't imagine there's a faster way to buy bitcoin.

Thank you very much!

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
kawkaw2013

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:15:48 PM

www.Bitcoin-Brokers.org

If you are a Canadian resident, and have btc for sale, then they will sell, but not in the volumes which is sold on the US side.

But can you give an indication of how many btc per week to expect?  10, 100, 1000?

Yes, he is a Canadian resident with bank accounts etc. He'll pay taxes.
agyar

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:54:23 PM

Hi.

It looks like there is great potential for growth and having a happy customer base.
There is one issue I would like you to clarify regarding a dishonest seller.
You provide the instructions to the bonafide buyer and he executes everything to the letter but the seller claims he hasn't received anything (although he has).
How do you handle such situations ?
Some disgruntled competitor or lowlife could very well also obtain slips and business cards from branches in his vicinity say NYC  and wreak havoc with your seller base claiming them of being a fraud that they aren't confirming.
How can you investigate who is telling the truth ? With the help of slips and freely obtainable business cards ? What if the slip is photoshopped ?
Excuse me if what I am saying is naïve or foolish but I don't see an easy answer for this.
If I had to call a teller say in a Chase branch and ask him to confirm a cash deposit in an account that doesn't belong to me based on a scanned slip and the reason I called him is because I have his scanned business card too, I don't see him obligated to assist me. Wouldn't this be a pain in the bu.. to explain everything over the phone and be told a generic "sorry that I cannot assist you", you should better please contact my manager etc... or some other red tape.

Thanks, I appreciate hopefully an easy solution to this dilemma that was disturbing me.
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:40:35 PM

Would you ever consider adding Schools First Federal Credit Union to your list?

I am sorry but, I wouldn't want to waste your time, by having you think that there was a possibility that anybody would ever make a deposit into that credit union.

It simply has too few branches to be considered a viable option. It could be the best credit union, with the friendliest staff, but it doesn't offer what we need....branches.

If you can offer an account at a major bank such as one of the existing ones, or SunTrust or Capital One or something which has thousands of branches, then I would be happy to make adjustments on the website to reflect your bank.

I have had two sellers in the past offer bitcoin at credit unions....they never sold. I hope you understand.

Thanks.

Most credit unions in the USA have agreements, any member of any other credit union can use them just like the home credit union without fees.

It's called shared branching and it makes almost any credit union have branches almost everywhere. For deposits it's dead simple.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:41:10 PM

Hi.

It looks like there is great potential for growth and having a happy customer base.
You provide the instructions to the bonafide buyer and he executes everything to the letter but the seller claims he hasn't received anything (although he has).
Some disgruntled competitor or lowlife could very well also obtain slips and business cards from branches in his vicinity say NYC  and wreak havoc with your seller base claiming them of being a fraud that they aren't confirming.
How can you investigate who is telling the truth ? With the help of slips and freely obtainable business cards ? What if the slip is photoshopped ?
Excuse me if what I am saying is naïve or foolish but I don't see an easy answer for this.
If I had to call a teller say in a Chase branch and ask him to confirm a cash deposit in an account that doesn't belong to me based on a scanned slip and the reason I called him is because I have his scanned business card too, I don't see him obligated to assist me. Wouldn't this be a pain in the bu.. to explain everything over the phone and be told a generic "sorry that I cannot assist you", you should better please contact my manager etc... or some other red tape.

Thanks, I appreciate hopefully an easy solution to this dilemma that was disturbing me.

The deposit slip is only half of the equation. The seller also has to log into their online bank account and verify the funds are there.

Counterfeit  receipts will not yield much happiness in the life of the short-sighted criminal.

What are they supposed to do with a counterfeit receipt after the seller denies receiving anything deposited? Are they going to walk into a bank which never issued the scammer a receipt and try to tell Bank of America that they are right and the bank is wrong?

A smell a first class ticket to Rikers Island for anybody in NYC thinking of such an idea.

After several hundred transactions to date.......not one scam....(knocking on wood as I write this).

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
HenryRomp

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

Separation of currency and state.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 12:10:49 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2013, 12:32:15 AM by HenryRomp

Would you ever consider adding Schools First Federal Credit Union to your list?

I am sorry but, I wouldn't want to waste your time, by having you think that there was a possibility that anybody would ever make a deposit into that credit union.

It simply has too few branches to be considered a viable option. It could be the best credit union, with the friendliest staff, but it doesn't offer what we need....branches.

Most credit unions in the USA have agreements, any member of any other credit union can use them just like the home credit union without fees.

It's called shared branching and it makes almost any credit union have branches almost everywhere. For deposits it's dead simple.

Amen to this.

I would be using your service regularly if you offered deposits at credit unions. I don't think I'm the only bitcoin enthusiast who prefers to do my banking at a credit union. They are generally more bitcoin-friendly and they are generally less evil than banks.

The only time I step foot in a bank is if my boss asks me to make a deposit for him. I use bitcoin primarily to boycott the banking system.

Don't have a bank account, don't want a bank account, and don't want to step foot in a bank. I don't feel that way about credit unions because they are owned by the depositors, as all banks should be.

I can speak from personal experience; I live in NYC, and about a year ago I had to send money to my father (who has an accound at Vermont Federal Credit Union) and my brother-in-law (who has an account at Capital One).

Rather than using wire transfers with outrageous fees, I simply deposited money into their accounts--same process for the credit union as for the Capital One account. Just walk in, tell them the account number, hand over cash, get receipt. The money hit my Dad's account same day.

Depositing money into my father's credit union account was just as easy as depositing money into my brother-in-law's account at capital one. I would argue there are other advantages--for example, there are places where you can't find a capital one branch, but pretty much anywhere you go there is a credit union nearby.

A properly secured wallet with bitcoin is in my opinion the safest, most secure, best all-around bet for holding wealth at this moment in history. Go ahead, call me crazy. They've been calling me crazy since 2013.
https://churchofbitcoin.org/
agyar

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 02:20:11 AM

Hi.

Some disgruntled competitor or lowlife could very well also obtain slips and business cards from branches in his vicinity say NYC  and wreak havoc with your seller base claiming them of being a fraud that they aren't confirming.

The deposit slip is only half of the equation. The seller also has to log into their online bank account and verify the funds are there.

Counterfeit  receipts will not yield much happiness in the life of the short-sighted criminal.

What are they supposed to do with a counterfeit receipt after the seller denies receiving anything deposited? Are they going to walk into a bank which never issued the scammer a receipt and try to tell Bank of America that they are right and the bank is wrong?

A smell a first class ticket to Rikers Island for anybody in NYC thinking of such an idea.

After several hundred transactions to date.......not one scam....(knocking on wood as I write this).

Hi.

What I meant too, is dishonnest sellers. They can log into  their bank account and see that the money has been received but tell you it hasn't and not to release the funds. What is your procedure at that point, how do you handle the dispute ?
Thanks.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:09:00 AM

Hi.

What I meant too, is dishonnest sellers. They can log into  their bank account and see that the money has been received but tell you it hasn't and not to release the funds. What is your procedure at that point, how do you handle the dispute ?
Thanks.

I mostly just want to get on this thread and don't like the 'watch' function, but...

As a seller, I have given up my BTC.  The best I can do is hope to get them back, but the buyer has a valid receipt and the broker has a copy.  Eventually the valid documents are going to win the day if it progresses all the way to a lawsuit and discovery, and it likely would before any BTC were returned to me.

A scummy competitor or disgruntled customer could more safely and effectively damage the reputation by posting BS on this forum I would guess.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 06:27:37 AM

Hi.

Some disgruntled competitor or lowlife could very well also obtain slips and business cards from branches in his vicinity say NYC  and wreak havoc with your seller base claiming them of being a fraud that they aren't confirming.

Counterfeit  receipts will not yield much happiness in the life of the short-sighted criminal.

Hi.

Thanks.

Okay lets address it from that side. Yet let's please make this the last spin on this "hypothetical situation" shall we?

Before a seller has buyers directed to their bank account, they need to escrow their bitcoin with Bitcoin-Brokers. That way even if the situation you described occurs, Bitcoin-Brokers will still be able to complete the transaction.

Once again, what do you think the benefit is for a seller to try to lie to me, the buyer and the bank when the buyer "in this case" does in fact have a legitimate receipt?

Do you think somehow that the truth isn't going to be found out?

I don't think I need to connect all the dots on this one for you again. Do I?

Neither the buyer nor the seller have the ability to scam either party.

Only an extremely shorted sighted person would ever think that they could ever get the better of the other person under either situation.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
agyar

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:48:51 AM

With all my due respect I believe this is still ambiguous.
It looks like you could have a catch-22 situation.
In your last post you explained that you had the seller's coins in your control and could still
release them to the buyer despite him opposing to do so. Yes you can!
But coming back to the my first post, how do you really know that the BUYER isn't the one conniving,
he has nothing to loose in trying, a scanned photoshopped deposit slip and a business card are not a barrier to a con artist.
(The con artist can walk in any branch and obtain a blank slip and a business card and that's all he needs to subsequently photoshop it tranquilly at his home and send it to you).

Both parties stand firm to their version.
How are you going to verify?

Thank you.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 02:53:20 AM

Most banks keep fairly accurate records.
Most also have well staffed anti-fraud departments.
Determining whether or not a transaction has happened is not complicated.
Evidence tends to point to the truth.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
agyar

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:00:09 AM

That's good if banks can confirm cash deposit receipts to third parties.
I just wasn't so sure if it's the case (like at a distance based on a scan to the escrower).
I've noticed that bank institutions are unwilling to assist promptly to any unusual situation
especially when it involves fraud.

sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:17:29 AM

Both parties stand firm to their version.
How are you going to verify?

That situation will never happen. There is not a person stupid enough on the planet to think that they can press this situation and get away with anything other than jail time.

Even if you were the most skilled forger on the planet and can produce an exact replica of a bank printed receipt, that still isn't going to display a deposit in the sellers account.

The seller will not authorize a release without seeing cash in their account. They achieve this by looking at their online bank account.

If the funds are not there, the seller isn't going to authorize the release.

The forger, is NOT going to "stand firm to his version". He will know at this point that he has no move but to abandon the scam.

On the flip side, the seller would never be able to get away with anything either because before any buyer is directed to fund the seller's account, the seller has to place the bitcoin in escrow with Bitcoin-Brokers.

The seller knows if there has been a deposit made. If the seller denied the deposit was real, the buyer can return to the bank, and obtain proof from the bank that the deposit was made (because afterall, the buyer would have their receipt as his/her proof). That proof would be supplied to Bitcoin-Brokers, and now the responsibility will be on the seller to prove the bank is in the wrong.

If the seller cannot provide proof that the bank and the buyer are wrong, then Bitcoin-Brokers sides with the buyer and the bank and releases the bitcoin to the buyer.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:26:00 AM

www.Bitcoin-Brokers.org

But can you give an indication of how many btc per week to expect?  10, 100, 1000?

Yes, he is a Canadian resident with bank accounts etc. He'll pay taxes.

The best thing would be for him or her to contact me and I could discuss it with your friend.

Thanks.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
agyar

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:32:24 AM

Great. I wish you all my best.
Very good service you have there.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 04:41:28 AM

I started using this service yesterday in seller mode and so far I am very satisfied.  The representative who I've been dealing with has good communication skills.  Not all of my BTC is sold and my banks still labels my deposits in 'pending' so I am still at risk, but I feel quite satisfies with how things are going so far.

---
I have a suggestion about identity.

I prefer to entrust funds only to someone who's identity I can verify if need be (read, if they screw me.)  OTOH, there is every reason to keep an identity private if one controls significant funds as do the brokers.

To reconcile this, I suggest escrowing the vendor's identity.  I was recently involved in a group-buy and the operator escrowed his identity with John K.  The idea was, of course, that in the even that the group buy organizer ran with the items, the identity would be released at John K's digression.  This was very satisfactory to me as I have no desire whatsoever to know any individual's identity unless there is a need.

Perhaps such a thing has already been done for bitcoin-brokers.org personnel, but I did not see it.

---

Lastly, it did seem to me when I was reading this thread that a lot of the participants registered on bitcointalk.org at roughly the same time.  It would be great to see more 'old timers' participating.  Not sure how to arrange that though.

I'll follow-up with an after-action report when all my money is safely tucked into bed.  I am a relative 'old timer', but I've never sold any BTC before, and the last time I even bought any was 2011.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: