Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:34:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy bitcoin with cash deposits at most banks in the USA with Bitcoin-Brokers  (Read 104418 times)
sayulita (OP)

Activity: 881
Merit: 500

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:32:56 PM

I wanted to bring it to everybody's attention that Chase Bank has informed multiple buyers within the last week that starting Feb 1st they will no longer permit people to make cash deposits into other people's bank accounts.

Perhaps Chase Bank account holders should contact their local branch and investigate this further.

While speaking with your local Chase Bank, try to also ask if this applies to business accounts or just personal accounts. I am going to guess that this could only apply to personal accounts, but would feel better hearing from somebody "in the know".

Thanks.

As an update to the Chase Bank change of policy. I have received the following information from an account holder at Chase who has taken the time to contact the bank:

As it turns out, Chase issued a companywide memo with a global policy for all accounts. No cash deposits into another's account. This is for all accounts, business and personal.
They will still take check deposits, bank checks, and money orders, but not cash.
It is to take effect in March, with customer notices sent out in February.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                        ▀███████████████████████▀▀▀
       ▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
████▄▄▄███▀ ███▀    ▀▀▀                      ▀▀█▄          ▀▀█▄ ██▀  ▀▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
.......MMO RPG Futuristic.......
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:29:45 PM

As an update to the Chase Bank change of policy. I have received the following information from an account holder at Chase who has taken the time to contact the bank:

As it turns out, Chase issued a companywide memo with a global policy for all accounts. No cash deposits into another's account. This is for all accounts, business and personal.
They will still take check deposits, bank checks, and money orders, but not cash.
It is to take effect in March, with customer notices sent out in February.

Another convenient way to use banks. They are getting more and more competitive every day  Roll Eyes

sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:15:21 PM

WARNING-

NEVER ask Bitcoin-Brokers to fund a wallet which is not yours.

Anybody who funds a wallet which is not their own wallet is BEGGING the Universe to be ripped off.

When you buy bitcoin from Bitcoin-Brokers, you MUST provide me with YOUR wallet address; not somebody elses.

Please get off your butts and take the whopping 5 minutes it takes to create your own wallet at www.blockchain.info for free and have me transfer your bitcoin there. Once you have it in your wallet, you can transfer it to the Wizard of Oz for all I care.

Thanks.

▄▄██████▀▀▄▄     ▄█▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ██▀ ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄█  ▄▄████▄   ▄▄███████████▀
    ▄▄████▀▀     ██   ▄███▀▀▀▀██ ███▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██   ██▀▄▀██▀▀██     ▄▄████▀███  ███▄██▀
  ▄████▀         ██ ▄██▀█▀ ▄███ ███▄▄▄▄  ██ ▄▄█▀  ▄██  ██ ▄▄█▀   ▄██▄██▀ ▄██  ▄██▄███▄▄▄▄
 ▄███▀           ████▀ ██████▀ ██▀▀▀▀▀  ████▀▀   ▄██  █████▀ █████▀███  ▄██ ▄███▄██▀▀▀▀
████▀           ███▀  ██  ▄██ ██       ████▄    ▄██  ████▄   ▄█▀▀ ██▀  ███▄██▀ ▄██▀
████     ▄▄▄  ▄██▀   ██▄██▀▀ ███████▀  █▀  ▀█▄▄ ██   █▀  ▀█▄▄    ██▀  ███▀▀   ▀████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
KyrosKrane

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 10:55:16 AM

Sounds like there's a heck of a story there, behind that last post. =)

Tips and donations: 1KyrosREGDkNLp1rMd9wfVwfkXYHTd6j5U  |  BTC P2Pool node: p2pool.kyros.info:9332
JaiChai

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:12:48 AM

My question is:  what about non-US bitcoiners?

Athough I am in Asia, I am lucky that I still have a US bank account.  Accordingly, I bought my first BTC through Coinbase.

My local friends don't have that luxury.

And the local Bitcoin sellers here charge outrageously high premiums...

If I could afford to sell them my BTC, I would.  But almost all of mine are used for trading on the major exchanges.

Anything like the above program available in Asia?

I'm currently exploring ZIPZAP and RIPPLE (sacrilege?) to solve both the cash in and the cash out problem in Asia.

Interested in your thoughts...

JaiChai
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:45:56 AM

Sounds like there's a heck of a story there, behind that last post. =)

There have been more cases that I care to admit of people having their bitcoin directed to third party websites. The HASH Tag shows delivery, yet the third party website doesn't provide this info to buyers, so they are left in the dark on their own transfer.

Invariably I then receive an email from an overexcited client wondering why they have not received their bitcoin yet which places me in the position of having to justify the lack of customer support from a third party website.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:48:20 AM

My question is:  what about non-US bitcoiners?

Athough I am in Asia, I am lucky that I still have a US bank account.  Accordingly, I bought my first BTC through Coinbase.

My local friends don't have that luxury.

And the local Bitcoin sellers here charge outrageously high premiums...

If I could afford to sell them my BTC, I would.  But almost all of mine are used for trading on the major exchanges.

Anything like the above program available in Asia?

I'm currently exploring ZIPZAP and RIPPLE (sacrilege?) to solve both the cash in and the cash out problem in Asia.

Interested in your thoughts...

JaiChai

I am sorry but Bitcoin-Brokers cannot assist you in Asia.

Currently only USA and Canada are served.

I am looking for a new Canadian seller if anybody is interested in selling in Canada though.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:06:08 AM

Here is an update to Chase's change in policy on cash deposits.

“Chase tellers are expected to begin asking customers for ID when making cash deposits on February 1, but the policy is not expected to be strictly enforced until March 3, Chase told FOX Business.

“We are making this policy change for cash deposits only to combat misuse of accounts, including money laundering," a Chase spokesperson said.

The new policies, which have been tested in a pilot program in Ohio.”

http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2014/01/14/chase-revamps-cash-deposit-rules-to-ease-money-laundering-risks/

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

bump.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:32:12 PM

Starting today, Bitcoin-Brokers will switch from using MtGox as its reference exchange to Bitstamp instead.

Our prices had started to run higher than I wanted to see, so this should help reign in the prices a little bit.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:53:45 PM

Starting today, Bitcoin-Brokers will switch from using MtGox as its reference exchange to Bitstamp instead.

Our prices had started to run higher than I wanted to see, so this should help reign in the prices a little bit.

Why not that Kitco thing (as long as it's in operation?)

http://www.kitco.com/finance/bitcoin/

Seems like it does a better job of dampening out the various impacts which may effect one marketplace or another.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:10:26 PM

Why not that Kitco thing (as long as it's in operation?)

http://www.kitco.com/finance/bitcoin/

Seems like it does a better job of dampening out the various impacts which may effect one marketplace or another.

I appreciate the suggestion. It is a good idea which you are presenting.

Though, since most sellers source their bitcoin from Bitstamp, I feel the better idea would be to use that exchange as a reference.

Kitco is a wonderful company.....just not the best fit in my opinion for what it is I am trying to achieve.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:16:21 PM

There is an opening for a new seller who has an account at Suntrust/or/and/Key Bank.

Thanks.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:22:32 AM

For those of you who have yet to watch these videos, I highly suggest spending the three hours. They are worth every minute.

The first video is a recent video with Joe Rogan interviewing, or shall I say, being educated on bitcoin by Andreas Antonopoulos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cexawnOlR8

The second video is Tuur Demeester speaking at the 2013 Bitcoin Conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7LQu-eIOO0

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:58:29 PM

bump

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:48:35 PM

There is a new opening for another seller at Bitcoin-Brokers. Please contact Dan through the help desk at www.bitcoin-brokers.org

Sellers must be able to supply at least $5000/month worth of bitcoin.

Thanks.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
mxxx363

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:04:05 AM

Used them again a couple days ago, smooth transaction.

I priced it next to localbitcoins and it was ~2% cheaper than the seller I was going to buy from on LBC when all fees were said and done.

I find it funny how a few people troll the OP in this and his other thread when he's offering a legit service.
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:33:09 AM

Currently there are openings for multiple new sellers. If you have bitcoin to sell immediately, please contact Dan through the help desk at www.bitcoin-brokers.org.

Thanks.

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
sayulita (OP)

CyberTrade

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:49:38 PM

Bump

▀█████▀▀ ███▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:43:57 PM

Just in case any btc sellers aren't yet aware, cash deposits in to many US banks can be reversed later the same day, even when a deposit slip has been stamped (or printed out) & online banking shows the funds deposited, so unless you know that you can trust the buyer best not to release coins until the day after cash has been deposited, perhaps even withdraw it from your account first if in any doubt.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zruvf/warning_cash_deposits_can_be_reversed_at_bank_of/

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: