Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:01:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Multibit wallet problem  (Read 3501 times)
Hem4Tic1 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:58:04 AM

Hey there,

Yesterday (about 24 hours ago) a friend sent me approximate 0.3 bitcoin to my address, however it hasn't shown up in my MultiBit wallet yet.

When I check at blockexplorer, (http://blockexplorer.com/a/3thn6hyPkn) it says I've already received it though?

Can anyone tell me what to do to let the btc show up in my multibit wallet?

Thanks in advance! Smiley

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 12:18:06 PM

Try searching for 'multibit doesn't synchronise' in these forums. I think the problem has already been solved by someone.

gdbutler

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:21:12 PM

Try Tools>Reset Blockchain Transactions, then select a date before your missing transaction, then click the reset button. It is a known bug that I have experienced as well.
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:24:24 PM

What is the multibit version you are using?

I had a version 0.4.6 some days before. It was too old to load the blockchain. Now I'm running with 0.4.23.

Hem4Tic1 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 12:34:01 PM

What is the multibit version you are using?

I had a version 0.4.6 some days before. It was too old to load the blockchain. Now I'm running with 0.4.23.

I am using version 0.5.11

I guess I will try to reset the blockchain!

thanks for the fast answers
Hem4Tic1 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:33:02 PM

Try Tools>Reset Blockchain Transactions, then select a date before your missing transaction, then click the reset button. It is a known bug that I have experienced as well.

I've done this right after you suggested it, but the bitcoins still don't appear in my wallet, how long does it usually take?
orymh

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 04:15:30 PM

I've done this right after you suggested it, but the bitcoins still don't appear in my wallet, how long does it usually take?

MultiBit should go through its usual "Synchronizing with network" thing, with a % progress indicator near the top of the window. As soon as that finishes, everything should be up to date.

Have you double-checked that the address is correct? In the Request tab in MultiBit, the bottom pane headed "Your receiving addresses" lists all the addresses for your wallet. 17xSPe9avt1S5uL1Dtedoj7dQD6DgYozx1 should be one of those, quite possibly the only one.

Hem4Tic1 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:23:04 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 04:47:32 PM by Hem4Tic1

MultiBit should go through its usual "Synchronizing with network" thing, with a % progress indicator near the top of the window. As soon as that finishes, everything should be up to date.

Have you double-checked that the address is correct? In the Request tab in MultiBit, the bottom pane headed "Your receiving addresses" lists all the addresses for your wallet. 17xSPe9avt1S5uL1Dtedoj7dQD6DgYozx1 should be one of those, quite possibly the only one.

The adress is correct.

Whenever I click reset blockchain transactions it says it's synchronizing for about 30 seconds and after that it says it's synchronized, however the wallet still tells me I've got 0.0 BTC
Hem4Tic1 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:33:12 PM

It's getting really annoying by now! Sad

Can anyone please help me out with a solution?
macintosh

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:33:42 PM

Hey there,

Yesterday (about 24 hours ago) a friend sent me approximate 0.3 bitcoin to my address, however it hasn't shown up in my MultiBit wallet yet.

When I check at blockexplorer, (http://blockexplorer.com/a/3thn6hyPkn) it says I've already received it though?

Go to debug menu and enter -rescan
Hem4Tic1 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:41:25 PM

Hey there,

Go to debug menu and enter -rescan

I am not entirely sure what to do when you say this? Where can I find this debug menu?
macintosh

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:44:32 PM

In your client go to the top tab and find "debug"
Hem4Tic1 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:49:15 PM

In your client go to the top tab and find "debug"
There is no tab with ''debug'' and also no sub-tab with ''debug'' as far as I can see. (you did note that it's a multibit wallet?)
Hem4Tic1 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:58:51 PM

Okay so Multibit says this about my problem:

I sent bitcoin to MultiBit but they never arrived

What is the symptom ?

You sent some bitcoin to MultiBit but the bitcoin never arrived. There is no record of the transaction in MultiBit.

What can you do about it ?

The first thing to check is whether the bitcoin was actually sent ok. You can do this by:

Requesting the transaction id from the person or company that sent it to you.

Checking on blockchain.info or blockexplorer.com that the transaction exists. If it does, make a note of the date of the transaction, which you will use later.

There was a bug in some earlier versions of MultiBit that incorrectly filtered incoming transactions. This bug is fixed in version 0.4.23 (and later). If you have an old version of MultiBit download the latest copy and install it.

To get the missing transaction into your wallet:

Click on the wallet in the Wallets list to make it the active wallet.

Go into 'Tools | Reset blockchain and transactions'.

Select the "Specify reset date" and select the DAY BEFORE the transaction. (Lots of dates in Bitcoin are quoted in GMT so if you choose the day before you avoid time zone problems).

Click on the 'Reset blockchain and transactions' button and let MultiBit sync the blockchain. Just leave MultiBit to work its way through the sync.

You should then see the transaction in your wallet.

However when I do this nothing happens and my wallet still tells me I have 0.0 BTC
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:06:24 PM

What if you export your keys, backup everything, reinstall multibit and import your keys again?

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Hem4Tic1 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:12:35 PM

What if you export your keys, backup everything, reinstall multibit and import your keys again?

I am completely new to all this, but I will take a look on how to do this.

edit: How do I backup everything?
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 06:37:36 PM

You should be able to copy your whole multibit folder (the one with your wallet file) -- just in case you screw something up you can easily replace it.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Hem4Tic1 (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:03:12 PM

You should be able to copy your whole multibit folder (the one with your wallet file) -- just in case you screw something up you can easily replace it.

Ok so I exported private keys and then uninstalled multibit, but when I installed it again my wallet has the exact same adresss as it had before I uninstalled it, this cant be right right?
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:10:20 PM

Hopefully you did not transfer many BTC.

Did you do a backup before using your wallet?

cp1 said: "You should be able to copy your whole multibit folder". Did you do this?

cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 08:11:40 PM

When you're sure that you've backed up properly try deleting the multibit folder after uninstalling, then reinstall.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: