Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:46:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is exchange?  (Read 2934 times)
vallydelly

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:09:48 PM

In my own opinion I will say exchanges are safe because they are the one that guides your asset for you and they keep safe your private keys, I see exchanges like bank because anything happens and you lose your coins, they will re-fund you for the lost coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Awrirem

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:11:29 AM

You should endeavor to abstain from exchanging on little trades. Surely understood trades, for example, Bittrex, Binance, OKcoin, these trades have many individuals to play on them, you can rest guaranteed that your assets in these Exchange.
letsfly

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:15:24 AM

Exchangers are not 100% safe or secured. The reason is you dont own a private key and a lot of instances of hacking already happened. Be careful with choosing an exchange , if you really need to left your coins, just put some not all.

onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:19:12 AM

It is always possible, even with a very small probability, biggest exchanges can be hacked by the others. For the long term, it is not the safest way to keep your BTC and altcoins there. (saying that, I still keep them on exchanges for trading)
Enyi001

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 03:34:23 PM

The truth of the matter is, most of these exchanges are not safe at all. Although, they've improved in their operations now by storing people's currencies in their paper wallet. The notwithstanding, I prefer private wallets than storing coins on exchanges. Most are subject to hack attacks.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:14:39 PM

I have been using the Bittrex exchange since the beginning of time, and I completely trust it, since for all the time I've been in it, I have never had any problems with losing my funds. However, you must adhere to the rule that it is better not to use the exchange as a means for long-term storage.
wdnj

Activity: 762

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:08:13 AM

Hi,
Every exchange adding a new btc, eth, token address on the exchange website.
I think they need some private key to set the transaction on this websites.
So is this private key stored in a normal database?
And is this safe?

Exchanges are never 100% safe. I only keep certain amount of coins which i want to trade with and keep the rest in hardware wallet.
Although old and good changes are less likely to scam but we can't ignore this fact that anything can happen and should perform the security measures to safe our coins.

It is safe to do the exchange or the site itself.
just remember to keep your password safe and make a 2 authentication on your account for better security.
but please dont leave you coins or token there for too long as it is safer to be on a wallet.
exchange is just for changing your token to bitcoin or eth and not a wallet.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:11:07 AM

I never believed and kept bitcoin and altcoin on Exchange!
It's very safe, but what I'm worried about is how to manage and operate Exchange
himbert

Activity: 105

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:12:08 AM

Hi,

And is this safe?
well, it depends on what exactly you choose to work with , i think thatvit is safe if you choose wisrly
himbert

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:12:41 AM

I never believed and kept bitcoin and altcoin on Exchange!
It's very safe, but what I'm worried about is how to manage and operate Exchange
exchange can be safe, i think you dhould to ask for a advide of people from the communuty of the exchange
himbert

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:13:18 AM

Hi,
And is this safe?
exchange is not the safest thing on the earth, but if you choose wisely, you have a good chance to safe your money

Exchanges are never 100% safe. I only keep certain amount of coins which i want to trade with and keep the rest in hardware wallet.
Although old and good changes are less likely to scam but we can't ignore this fact that anything can happen and should perform the security measures to safe our coins.

It is safe to do the exchange or the site itself.
just remember to keep your password safe and make a 2 authentication on your account for better security.
but please dont leave you coins or token there for too long as it is safer to be on a wallet.
exchange is just for changing your token to bitcoin or eth and not a wallet.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:15:39 AM

Decentralized exchanges (DEX) are very safe. It is very difficult to attack DEX, because you have no specific point for the attack Wink.
Centralized exchanges are not safe, as you can see many recently hacks caused that many people lost a lot of money. That is why Vitalik Buterin said that DEX is the future and CEX will die in the hell.
adarwis

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:20:44 AM

I'm not sure of the security level of the exchange market, every exchange claims they are the safest exchange, I do not think there is a single safe exchange, if you want to invest, just use nano ledger and other offline wallet to store your digital assets, and if want to do crypto trading, use the market exchange that is very experienced, avoid new market exchange
Miklight88
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

GDZKVBV3L3JU5TFDBWMUMPZAHD3OSM2I3TAJRWPG7KU5U4UZCI

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:21:25 AM

It is wise to only put what you can lost on exchange but some have more than what you can imagine on exchange, because of day trading and a target set to achieve every day putting their funds on risk, it will be nice to save most of your token on cold wallet which is control by you, I think exchange should be regulate too, and should store all token in cold wallet .
mynamehere

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:22:36 AM

Hi,

And is this safe?
there are a lot of it and i think you can find a lot of good things to benefit from the new platform amd new technologies
wsps941031

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:22:51 AM

when you are only trading send your coins to exchanges. other than that keep your coins in wallet. normally exchanges can be hacked easily than wallets.
mynamehere

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:23:25 AM

It is wise to only put what you can lost on exchange but some have more than what you can imagine on exchange, because of day trading and a target set to achieve every day putting their funds on risk, it will be nice to save most of your token on cold wallet which is control by you, I think exchange should be regulate too, and should store all token in cold wallet .
exchange can be safe and i think you can rptrusy it but for this you need to chooss the perfect echange and be sure in your decision
mynamehere

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:24:04 AM

when you are only trading send your coins to exchanges. other than that keep your coins in wallet. normally exchanges can be hacked easily than wallets.
well, the wallet can be good and i believe in it as you can spbe sure your npney are safe within your wallet
NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:24:16 AM

I dont think exchange platform is safer either, because some of the time there are events of hacks and inside job. But compare to other internal wallets or perhaps mobile wallets, YES, I prefer exchange platform like well known ones like binance and bittrex.

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 10:24:36 AM

there are no crypto exchanges that are completely safe from attacks by hackers even Bancor can also be hacked by hackers even though they claim to use a decentralized system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: