Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:24:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Ethereum Really Overtake Bitcoin?  (Read 2256 times)
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:49:58 PM

One day bitcoin will either die a terrible death or become the new gold. I don't see any other in between for BTC, other cryptos do what BTC does so much better and without all the political infighting. Ethereum is crypto 2.0 in many ways and IOTA might be crypto 3.0, but time will tell on that one. My hope is that if BTC death spirals it happens after the market is mature enough not to go with it, otherwise we're looking at at least 2-3 years of complete despair in this space.

So in that sense, yes ETH might overtake it, then again there are other currencies vying for the number one spot too.

And if I may ask. What will cause that terrible death that won't affect other altcoins as well? I really do not see anything that would make bitcoin to experience a terrible death as long as it is not abandoned by the community and as long as things keep on going right.

I would even be scared for Ethereum as there are so many projects trying to take its place and if care is not taken, will push it away from that position. However, the trust is so huge that the attention on bitcoin right now would really not make it easy for any coin to overtake.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crypto jerk

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:50:05 PM

No.  

All ETH can do is habitually lose user funds because reasons.

.5 billion lost already but thats non of my concern, invest away retards.
engrshu

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:52:52 PM

I think the price of ETH will not be higher than BTC, because BTC is the core of all crypto, without exception ETH compete with other Altcoin, maybe ETH price will be higher than other Altcoin price. So do not ever expect the ETH price to exceed the BTC price as it will not be possible.

Gotta agree with this. It is possible that ETH would always be the top altcoin, but the probability that it will exceed BTC is really quite low.

[
lionelho

Activity: 135

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:54:37 PM

Actually my answer is yes! Ethereum has a more united community, and it also can resolve more things beyond currency!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
condura150

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:29:32 PM

Over the past few years, Bitcoin has become the hallmark of crypto currencies, being the first popular currency as well as the most popular, and has attracted many to invest. Bitcoin has made quite a few millionaires, and has attracted the watchful eye of governments and rich entrepreneurs alike.

As bitcoin rose in value, it spurred the creation of many other cryptocurrencies, including litecoin, Dash and ZCash. However, among the thousands of alternative coins, or altcoins, none have gained as much traction as a new competitor who entered the market early 2015: Ethereum. Similar to other currencies in the sense it was probably inspired by Bitcoin, Ethereum, provides a key additional function that many other currencies lack: uses outside of a peer to peer transaction base.

But does Ethereum really have the potential to overtake Bitcoin?

Read Full Article:
http://bitguru.co.uk/can-ethereum-really-overtake-bitcoin/

I do believe that ETH has potential, but it would probably take years and years for ETH to overcome BTC just because most of the people still trust BTC more than any coins out there. After all BTC is still the "king of all coins" if you will. But we can never predict the future maybe if ETH has the right tool and timing maybe it can overcome BTC.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:37:11 PM

Over the past few years, Bitcoin has become the hallmark of crypto currencies, being the first popular currency as well as the most popular, and has attracted many to invest. Bitcoin has made quite a few millionaires, and has attracted the watchful eye of governments and rich entrepreneurs alike.

As bitcoin rose in value, it spurred the creation of many other cryptocurrencies, including litecoin, Dash and ZCash. However, among the thousands of alternative coins, or altcoins, none have gained as much traction as a new competitor who entered the market early 2015: Ethereum. Similar to other currencies in the sense it was probably inspired by Bitcoin, Ethereum, provides a key additional function that many other currencies lack: uses outside of a peer to peer transaction base.

Read Full Article:
In my opinion bitcoin has more potential than ehterium have .
Here we can see directly that what the bitcoin is , it is the first coin that entered in the world of the online market of the cryptocurrency .
And also the limit of 21millions has to reached about 80% , and I don't think that next 4-5 years will be less for the complete mining , so here we can understand how the speed of the bitcoin buyers will increase day by day . And also in the present time we can see how much the speed of the bitcoin demand is going increasing .
So here the bitcoin made his market of the trading as a basic way of making money .
No doubt that people are making trading of the bitcoin is offline with cash fiat but also the people are making use of the Etherium Coin also for the trading in the cash.
But here the mining of the Etherium is more profitable than the bitcoin mining , so here we can say that supply of the Etherium is more than what the bitcoin have .
So currently conditions for the increase in the demand and price is for the bitcoin only .
But surely the speed acceptencs of Etherium as a priority coin like in the ICOs project is better thing for Etherium for future .
hell3r

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:38:06 PM

It’s certainly possible that one day Ethereum could overtake Bitcoin. The fate of Bitcoin is being heavily debated at the moment prior to the B2X hard fork, all the issues and threats while Ethereum is quietly gaining more and more traction in the background. We cannot tell but the answer to this debate will float later these years.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:39:13 PM

Possible even for the shitcoins or ponzi coins they were able to reach top 10 in coinmarketcap. In the world of crypto expect the unbelievable to happen
Nadia_l

Activity: 826
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:07:53 PM

Read Full Article:
In my opinion bitcoin has more potential than ehterium have .
Here we can see directly that what the bitcoin is , it is the first coin that entered in the world of the online market of the cryptocurrency .
And also the limit of 21millions has to reached about 80% , and I don't think that next 4-5 years will be less for the complete mining , so here we can understand how the speed of the bitcoin buyers will increase day by day . And also in the present time we can see how much the speed of the bitcoin demand is going increasing .
So here the bitcoin made his market of the trading as a basic way of making money .
No doubt that people are making trading of the bitcoin is offline with cash fiat but also the people are making use of the Etherium Coin also for the trading in the cash.
But here the mining of the Etherium is more profitable than the bitcoin mining , so here we can say that supply of the Etherium is more than what the bitcoin have .
So currently conditions for the increase in the demand and price is for the bitcoin only .
But surely the speed acceptencs of Etherium as a priority coin like in the ICOs project is better thing for Etherium for future .
It is possible but only for the very long perspective, maybe in 5-8 years!
Ether price was just £7 ($9) on 1st January 2017, not even 12 months ago! Now the price has been fluctuating roughly between £200 and £250 ($260 and $330) for the past 2 months, which is actually very stable for the usually volatile cryptocurrency markets.
From January to November, Ethereum has gained a whopping 4,600%, while Bitcoin is up around 700%
So, in the matter of good growth price tendency, Ethereum is the winner.
An.tony

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:47:39 PM

I don't think so
The boss won't change easily
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:29:06 PM

Ethereum cannot surpass bitcoin in anyway. Bitcoin is the original and already have a lot of investors and followers. Ethereum is just starting but have forked so many times already and have bugs. Maybe in the long term it can go in par with bitcoin but it won't be able to overtake bitcoin whether in price or in investors.
Usuadog

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:00:11 PM

Anything can happen so quick in crypto world but i don't expect that to happen anytime soon
There is zero chance of Ethereum overtaking Bitcoin because Bitcoin has the original code for Cryptocurrency.

negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:11:17 PM

The way I see it, No coin will take over bitcoin. it will always be the number one.
I think people who are saying that Eth will take over, they need to wake up from their dream, because it's not gonna happen and maybe other altcoins will take over Ethereum like Lisk or IOTA.
chiggz

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:14:24 PM

I doubt Ethereum will overtake Bitcoin since both have their purpose in a different way. Since Bitcoin mostly is meant as a payment mode it will have a greater value. But the technology of ethereal if building decentralised apps and tokens is already ahead of Bitcoin.
sisa0727

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:18:22 PM

ETHEREUM has a power to overtake bitcoin, especially right now that there are alot of tokens circulation that you can convert easily with ETH. Ethereum has faster transaction and of course low fee aswell called as "gas". Airdrops are being given away for free so that you can have a stepping stone to become a millionaire someday. Crypto Mark is one example of token that is circulation accross ETH, you can check their website crpto-mark.com or follow them on twitter @Cryto_Mark2017.
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:23:12 PM

Although ethereum is the most widely used crypto but its price cannot surpass the price of Bitcoin because Bitcoin is on a whole new level, Bitcoin is the first ever crypto out there so no other crypto can even compete with it.

best ever

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:15:24 AM

Bitcoin prices struggling with this currency’s different forks. Otherwise Ethereum is developing his infrastructure, payment and transaction ability. In my opinion ETH attract more and more users today. Because people want stability and find it in ETH.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: