Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:19:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My first three days in day trading.  (Read 2687 times)
dumplingsandsushi (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 04:31:07 AM

Another Update:

Well, after a streak of ups and then a bunch of ups and downs I decided to stop at neblio.
After 4 1/2 days of day trading I went from .02btc to .03701445btc. That final bit I put into neblio and now I'm just going to hold.
It was an insane rush the first couple days I made steady gains.
But after some input that it was most likely a combination of luck and the current uptick in tons of alts, i tried to be more cautious.
Today was a huge stressful nerve wreck haha, so I decided to take a break and just watch the market for awhile.
I consider myself very fortunate to get this far and learned a lot.

For those that are interested, here are the coins I went through, it was pretty insane.
I hope you don't see it as shilling because it most definitely is not, a lot of these are already falling now.

cloakcoin
neo
safex
smartcash
mothership (lost a little)
hshare
open trade network (made huge gains on this one)
B3 coin (another one with huge gains)
dubaicoin
alis (lost a bunch)
innova (lost a little)
ormeus coin
bitcoin cash
and finally neblio just now.

...yeah, my brain is fried.

bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:52:54 AM

Been there first day of trading was really frustrating for me , I was in the middle of bitcoin and ETH rally , I was so greedy that I was expecting for 50% gain. I was just watching the price being pump for about 40% then suddenly in a blink of an eye Bitcoin dump lightning fast. I was new back then so I was not expecting for a sudden drop like that. Same goes to ETH, That's why I hate to do day trade I need to be watching it 24/7 to profit.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:33:27 AM

So after doing a TON of research I rearranged my schedule and decided to try my hand at day trading.

I decided to start off really small, so I only put in .02 BTC to see where I can go with it.
I've been using only cryptopia.

After three days...I'm up to .0338711 BTC! Wao! I'm a rich man! lol...

I was pleasantly surprised that a simple strategy brought steady gains.
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out indicators of coins that were about to be pumped.  I looked at trade volume, spikes in value, market cap, buy/sell order history, etc.
I am going about this very cautiously, so when I felt like a coin was about to or in the beginning to middle stages of being pumped, I would buy it, and right away put in a sell order that was slightly higher for a small gain.  I tried my best to not put in too much and resell for a lot higher and the result was steady (but tiny gains).  As I get comfortable with this I will probably try larger investments.

I know I'm very amateurish but it feels good to get better at something yeah?

Anyone had similar experiences in day trading?
Actually, that's better than day-trading. Putting your coins in sell orders doesn't necessarily mean that you are doing a daytrading, especially that you are setting an specific price for your coins being put in sell order. That's not a long term investment, but I don't also consider that as daytrading. You're actually waiting for days or weeks (like in your case, you were able to sold the coins after 3 days) before you were able to sell it in a specific price.

It seems that your strategy was nice, and I would like to congratulate you for being successful in your first take in crypto-trading.  Wink
khokon150

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:40:59 AM

Three days you passed very good time with trading.But trading is actually not easy it's very difficult.Need more analysis it's very lengthy process.Because it's not possible to do something good at a very short time.
travelgear17

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:51:10 AM

Our STOCK, who art on the support, jump be thy name. Thy bounce begin as it is in heaven. Give us a breakout triangle, our daily bread. Forgive us our losses, as we have as we have also taken other peoples losses. And do not bring a red day for us, but rescue us from evil.
Psalms23

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:15:35 AM

I have been doing that too. The first time I found about this is when I saw a coin quickly rising up in seconds so I thought Id buy some, in a minutes time, it suddenly stopped and the sell orders were on hold. That's when I though Id sell my coins in the highest buy order(which is may more than my bought price). But I noticed that if you go on small start-up you'll end up losing your bitcoin just by the fees, so if you really wan to earn though this, bigger amount would be better.
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:38:32 AM

I think your future will be good. But be careful because not every day is such because Not but but we can not avoid it. So when that point comes, you will stop your emotions because that will bring you to the Loser. Always keep in mind that Do not sell a loser in price because you're more likely to break your portfolio.
coiner495

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 07:37:40 AM

For 90% of us, the best long-term strategy is to buy and hold. Great to hear you've made some profit, but this time you were lucky.
You can say you're a trader if you don't loose more than 10% of deposit in BTC (not USD) after a year of trading. But one trade is just like a toss of coin.

shohelalam

Activity: 197

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 08:53:10 PM

So after doing a TON of research I rearranged my schedule and decided to try my hand at day trading.

I decided to start off really small, so I only put in .02 BTC to see where I can go with it.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out indicators of coins that were about to be pumped.  I looked at trade volume, spikes in value, market cap, buy/sell order history, etc.
I am going about this very cautiously, so when I felt like a coin was about to or in the beginning to middle stages of being pumped, I would buy it, and right away put in a sell order that was slightly higher for a small gain.  I tried my best to not put in too much and resell for a lot higher and the result was steady (but tiny gains).  As I get comfortable with this I will probably try larger investments.

Congratulation.. I also use this strategy for trading time. Start with low balance make a money management system. Start Market analysis, Research about coins which is chosen by me.  I also looked at trade volume, spikes in value, market cap, buy/sell order history, etc. But Every time is not working of this strategy. When my luck don't favor to me. It's really feel bad. So I always active my money management system to recover my loss.
PPleaseman

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:55:55 PM

Hello. I tried daytrading in the summer but i couldnt stare at the PC all the, also i was thinking only money money money. Now i buy and hold (with a little fine tuning here and there). Feels much better
But if it works for you keep it up.
Cheers
tommierijnbout

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:57:36 PM

Hello. I tried daytrading in the summer but i couldnt stare at the PC all the, also i was thinking only money money money. Now i buy and hold (with a little fine tuning here and there). Feels much better
But if it works for you keep it up.
Cheers
Yes, choose the right moment to buy and hold it for a long time and choose the right moment to sell .

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Opportunities are always reserved for people who are prepared.Congratulations on your profit . you are  samrt man

some people always doing haphazard investment but you are not .

HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:21:53 PM

That's a good amount of money to make from that trade. Making about $70 per trade is not that bad, have you invested in Litecoin?

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
1L0v3

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:54:05 PM

Very tempting to jump into trading when getting started.. but I'd like to suggest that you put some aside and LT HODL something legit like BTC (in fact.. I'd definitely suggest BTC) for a year or more and compare % gains at the end. It may well end up being more profitable for you to sit on your hands, but it's easy to fool yourself into thinking relatively small profits are the way to go... and in crypto 'small' profits can be 100%.
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:10:42 PM

Very tempting to jump into trading when getting started.. but I'd like to suggest that you put some aside and LT HODL something legit like BTC (in fact.. I'd definitely suggest BTC) for a year or more and compare % gains at the end. It may well end up being more profitable for you to sit on your hands, but it's easy to fool yourself into thinking relatively small profits are the way to go... and in crypto 'small' profits can be 100%.
I completely agree with you dude. Personally, I feel that HODLING the coins for long term profits is the way to go. HODLING returned positive results majority of the time and I have earned good profits this way after trading in the crypto market for sometime. I have dabbled with daytrading and I lost money quickly due to my limited knowledge of the day trading market. I have no knowledge of stock or forex trading which was one of my biggest disadvantages while entering the crypto market.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:16:02 PM

I remember i did what you are doing now for almost two years. I was always playing it safe. I didn't want to ruffle any feathers! Yes I was completely safe. No loss! Tiny profit all the time. But the moment i got hold of myself and knows what works as against what doesn't, profit started rolling in. I think you are on the right course!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
ghostunicorn

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:20:49 PM

I completely agree with you dude. Personally, I feel that HODLING the coins for long term profits is the way to go. HODLING returned positive results majority of the time and I have earned good profits this way after trading in the crypto market for sometime. I have dabbled with daytrading and I lost money quickly due to my limited knowledge of the day trading market. I have no knowledge of stock or forex trading which was one of my biggest disadvantages while entering the crypto market.

If there is a posivite and upward trend, this will make you rich when you hold. If the trend is negative and bearish, this will make you lose hard. These are the fundamentals.

And crypto world is now under upward trend generally.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:37:16 PM

Am always scared of day trading,where can I get to learn about trading as a newbie?
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 11:58:07 PM

I prefer to hold instead of trade. I'm glad you had success! Just be smart and know when to buy and sell. Do not get emotional and have patience!

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:43:43 AM

This is a very warming post. While others are whining and complaining and even planning to go away from trading, here you are sharing some good experiences about trading. I have not gone through such a very smooth and gaining trading when I started it but I still stuck to it and gained some significant profit later on. I think you continue with mostly small amounts and then try some 1 or 2 coins which you are trusting very much with a big amount.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: