Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:59:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XNC] XenCoin | Instant | Stable | Long term Support - New UPDATE!!!  (Read 75668 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 09:26:19 PM

Sorry for the delay -- I've been extremely backlogged on projects --

I am still getting the updated client patched and re-compiled so it's protected against heartbleed.  I don't want to sound like the dev, so I'm at least posting an update to the delay Smiley

Hey no problem. Thank for putting the time into this. The coin really deserves quality people like you.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thecarnie

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:20:33 AM

Sorry for the delay -- I've been extremely backlogged on projects --

I am still getting the updated client patched and re-compiled so it's protected against heartbleed.  I don't want to sound like the dev, so I'm at least posting an update to the delay Smiley

Hey no problem. Thank for putting the time into this. The coin really deserves quality people like you.

I committed a forked copy of bitcoin-seeder into my repos - *nix port - no win32 - haven't had a chance to test or work with it. The only changes from the master are for ports and chain magic bytes...

It creates the dns-seed-server on port 53 - if someone tests it before I do, and is willing to be a client DNS seed, I'll create a DNS name on one of my domains or you can send me the DNS name you already have assigned and I'll add it to the client for the update.

Sometime tomorrow, I'll have time to test it on my debian "jessie" VM --

https://github.com/thecarnie/xencoin-seeder

thecarnie

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:08:04 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 01:40:19 PM by thecarnie

Made a couple updates to the DNS seeder --

Updated README
Fixed Makefile
Fixed initial seed node (I think)

Tested on Debian "Jessie" - it picks up the network, starts building a DNS list of available nodes.

Still have to test how well it interacts with the client (because my test seed node isn't public, so haven't compiled it's address into the client), but it's progress --

So far, it's accumulated some 26,000 addresses, but it's found only about 150 active and still scanning/testing them --

[EDIT] - 52000+ addresses -- only 2 of them are Xencoin clients running on port 4334 with an accurate block count -- the rest are all clients from other chains/coins... 

thecarnie

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:43:25 PM

Properly cleaning up this coin is going to be more than I thought... 

For anyone needing a node or two:

addnode=192.241.131.40:4334
addnode=46.32.253.168:4334

Those are the only two the xenseed has picked up on in the last hour (that are running the client and are at a accurate block count) - all other IPs in the server so far are from other coins...
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 01:53:08 PM

I have the xenseed running on seed.hasher.ca now....

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
thecarnie

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:55:34 PM

Is it getting the same results so far that I'm seeing?  2 active out of some several thousand?  Curious, because if both of us are seeing the same results, then I'll chalk that up to it working properly, and then I'll add the original seeder, plus yours into the client for when I recompile it with the other updates --

thecarnie

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:00:24 PM

Did you pull from this morning's commit by chance?  And did you have any issues with it getting up and going?
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:00:40 PM

[14-04-16 10:01:12] 1/35309 available (8555 tried in 473s, 26324 , 430 active), 0 banned; 0 DNS requests, 4 db queries                                                                                             |

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:01:07 PM

Did you pull from this morning's commit by chance?  And did you have any issues with it getting up and going?

yes, I just did a pull on it 15-20 mins ago... pull, make ./xenseed.... was easy as pie

thecarnie

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

Did you pull from this morning's commit by chance?  And did you have any issues with it getting up and going?

yes, I just did a pull on it 15-20 mins ago... pull, make ./xenseed.... was easy as pie

Good deal -- it will find that second host in probably about another 20 minutes -- hopefully the client updates will be as smooth for users to build on Linux / Windows -- I don't have a Mac at my disposal, so I can't test that at all for the build when the client updates are ready.  I'll go ahead and add that DNS name (seed.hasher.ca) into the client in the update.  I'm still digging through the blockchain to find some suitable checkpoints...  The multi-pools kinda made that part a pain in the ass with their 2 second blocks --
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:13:11 PM

Good deal -- it will find that second host in probably about another 20 minutes -- hopefully the client updates will be as smooth for users to build on Linux / Windows -- I don't have a Mac at my disposal, so I can't test that at all for the build when the client updates are ready.  I'll go ahead and add that DNS name (seed.hasher.ca) into the client in the update.  I'm still digging through the blockchain to find some suitable checkpoints...  The multi-pools kinda made that part a pain in the ass with their 2 second blocks --

is there a way I can add this to my startup scripts for the server, in case of a reboot?

thecarnie

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:17:29 PM

I think it's safe to say we're in the middle of a hostile 'community' takeover of this coin.

I liquidated all my XNC assets about a month ago after the last round of smoke-blowing that went on.  I've gotten the seed-node software working (it seems) and will add them into the client with my updates.

We will need to get an OS/X client compiled (out of my area) but I'll do whatever it takes on the source side to make it work.  

Personally, I honestly don't have tons of time to invest in 'improvements' at this time, but I will be more than willing to host and help where I can.  We definitely need some places to use this coin.  Right now, the value has almost tanked, but I'm hoping we can change that.

I think with the release of the updated client, we'll start a new thread, in the proper forum and go from there.

I'm open for any content/layout ideas for a proper website, and I'll host it myself.  I've got some servers on the east coast, US - on a nice big fat backbone pipe - so hosting won't be an issue, but development time on the site might be.  My servers support php/asp/asp.net/cgi/perl so if anyone wants to contribute code/layouts to the site, we'll start that in the next topic.  I also have some great forum software, so we'll see about getting one online there for support as well...

Little by little, we might resurrect it, implement some updates that have helped stabilize other coins, and go from there --

First things first, I'm going to get compiled QT clients ready with new OpenSSL libs for everyone -- OS/X is my only hangup --
thecarnie

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:19:10 PM

is there a way I can add this to my startup scripts for the server, in case of a reboot?

I would think there is -- but I haven't played with it much.  Let me test some on my VM host later and I'll know for sure.  Might need to enable a 'silent' option or a true 'daemon' mode for it (doesn't look like the source has much for that at this point) -- might just be able to pipe it's output to a null device and start it with an init script.  I'll test that out.  Since the nodes are not in the client yet, we have some experiment time on that one -- and very good point about unattended 'startup' Smiley Thanks!
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 02:47:01 PM

Good deal -- it will find that second host in probably about another 20 minutes -- hopefully the client updates will be as smooth for users to build on Linux / Windows -- I don't have a Mac at my disposal, so I can't test that at all for the build when the client updates are ready.  I'll go ahead and add that DNS name (seed.hasher.ca) into the client in the update.  I'm still digging through the blockchain to find some suitable checkpoints...  The multi-pools kinda made that part a pain in the ass with their 2 second blocks --

|

I would think there is -- but I haven't played with it much.  Let me test some on my VM host later and I'll know for sure.  Might need to enable a 'silent' option or a true 'daemon' mode for it (doesn't look like the source has much for that at this point) -- might just be able to pipe it's output to a null device and start it with an init script.  I'll test that out.  Since the nodes are not in the client yet, we have some experiment time on that one -- and very good point about unattended 'startup' Smiley Thanks!

Ok, cool. thanks. yeah it's be nice to not have to worry about getting it started. As it is now.. I have 12-13 coinsd and stratums to startup on a failure/reboot, plus other odd and ends. I should really look into getting them to autostart too.

I'm seeing 3 nodes now...

[14-04-16 10:46:17] 3/52874 available (36510 tried in 1512s, 14828 new, 1536 active), 0 banned; 0 DNS requests, 4 db queries    

El_Nickio

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:28:58 PM

Keep up the good work Thecarnie & Crackfoo  Smiley Smiley Smiley

You should message the original dev to see if they will officially hand the coin over.

The updates etc they promised haven't arrived and any work on the coin would probably benefit them from an increase in value - we still don't know what happened to the pre-mine......

Anyway - Thanks!!
thecarnie

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:13:08 AM

Ok, cool. thanks. yeah it's be nice to not have to worry about getting it started. As it is now.. I have 12-13 coinsd and stratums to startup on a failure/reboot, plus other odd and ends. I should really look into getting them to autostart too.

I'm seeing 3 nodes now...

[14-04-16 10:46:17] 3/52874 available (36510 tried in 1512s, 14828 new, 1536 active), 0 banned; 0 DNS requests, 4 db queries    

Here's the down and dirty trick to fork it to the background and be able to keep on going in a tty (console session) - should work with an init script as well (that modification coming next).  This is just on my local VM, so you'll have to modify the addresses as needed --

Command (from tty1/console1):

Resulting Output (piped to tty3/console3):

You can pick a different TTY or output, but I haven't tested it with piping the output to a textfile...  I use VNC to connect to my VMs so I can switch console TTYs - not sure what you use to connect to your VPS or if you can view tty3 - let me know.

Once I get the client patches compiled, I'll spend some time on the xenseed and convert it more to a true linux daemon that handles the forking and output internally (and has some form of interface to talk to it - request the stats, stop the daemon, etc)...  In all reality, once the network stability comes back up a little (more stable nodes), the xenseed won't be so necessary as it is now --

thecarnie

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:26:41 AM

I'm real close to having new QT Windows client builds working.  This is a hell of a version to try to work with...  Once this thing is building properly, I'll go back and retest the builds on by Debian VM.  Once those build ok, then I'll commit the latest fixes to my repo on Github.  That will allow the rest of us to get updated wallets running.  Remember on the Linux builds, you'll have to update your OpenSSL at the OS level for it to be linked properly.

Following 'fixed' clients with OpenSSL 1.0.1g, I'll start bringing the code up to date with the current Litecoin releases (which this coin was forked from back at v0.6.3)...

In this update, the version has been bumped, but nothing requiring a fork or minimum version update has been changed.  It has new checkpoints up to the 600,000 range in blockID, and there is one fix applied from the Litecoin code already (that resolves builds on Windows) --

Slowly I'll get it caught up to current code -- then we can start exploring features/changes from there -- such as a proper difficulty fix, etc...

I'll update later with progress --
Bendi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:54:30 PM

Are there any XenCoin accepting sites at this moment? Is there an overview somewhere?
Except for the exchanges, obviously :-)

@thecarnie: Keep up the good work. Nice to see there is active development on this coin!
thecarnie

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:42:01 PM

Are there any XenCoin accepting sites at this moment? Is there an overview somewhere?

@thecarnie: Keep up the good work. Nice to see there is active development on this coin!

The only summary information available at this moment is on the first page of this topic.  The coin was pump and dumped by the original dev, and it has a huge premine sitting around that we haven't been able to trace just yet. 

I'm fighting the QT libraries at the moment to get a new set of clients built and released for now - while I finish bringing the rest of the updates and fixes into the client from the other coins -- Once we get the client re-released with new SSL and checkpoints, we're going to try to offer some bounties to get some more places to accept it for use.  I'm also working out a couple other ideas in the back of my head for usage as well -- if you have any ideas, feel free to add to this topic until we get the new one and forums online on it's own site Smiley

XenCoin (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 04:55:57 PM

The only summary information available at this moment is on the first page of this topic.  The coin was pump and dumped by the original dev, and it has a huge premine sitting around that we haven't been able to trace just yet. 

I'm fighting the QT libraries at the moment to get a new set of clients built and released for now - while I finish bringing the rest of the updates and fixes into the client from the other coins -- Once we get the client re-released with new SSL and checkpoints, we're going to try to offer some bounties to get some more places to accept it for use.  I'm also working out a couple other ideas in the back of my head for usage as well -- if you have any ideas, feel free to add to this topic until we get the new one and forums online on it's own site Smiley

MAKE YOUR SHITS WITH ANOTHER COIN!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: