Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XNC] XenCoin | Instant | Stable | Long term Support - New UPDATE!!!  (Read 75671 times)
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:09:14 PM

XenCoin.com is for sale (Xen Coin)

Click here to buy XenCoin.com for $2,395

hash rate = 5mh

Cry

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
thecarnie

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:14:59 AM

XenCoin.com is for sale (Xen Coin)

Click here to buy XenCoin.com for $2,395

hash rate = 5mh

Cry

I'm gonna snag up on of the other TLDs (maybe two) -- one so that I can start DNSing some 'primary nodes' on the network -- the other for the website that will actually get finished this time instead of a 'coming soon' page --

I'm also working on a block explorer - it's really sharp so far but has a couple quirks I'm ironing out Smiley

We definitely need more hash power on the network but it needs to be stabilized first too.  Current diff retarget algo stinks and causes many issues with fast blocks and low net-hashes...

thecarnie

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:20:26 AM

Blockchain Explorer online (software thanks to BitPay and the bitcore/insight project): http://xencoin.liquidbbs.org
Super-Node: xenseed.liquidbbs.org

The super-note is running the test client currently.  It will be re-updated soon after the next round of changes to the source for testing.  Once the QT portions of the client are finished 'upgrading' to the new core versions, there will be compiled 'test' clients to work with for at least Linux/Windows -- I will need someone with a Mac to help with the OS-X client deployment testing.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:30:39 PM

Can't seem to get my windows wallet syncd anymore...

I've set xenseed.liquidbbs.org as connect= but it's been a few days now...

Any thoughts? I've deleted it all and retried a couple times now.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #pphMmjChEx0deasL

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
El_Nickio

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 06:31:31 PM

I've just started up a wallet that's been closed for a few days - it's syncing fine with three connections at the moment:

212.48.71.178:9333
54.191.173.227:4334
46.32.253.168:4334

I don't think thecarnie's supernode is running properly yet - he says its running the test client currently.
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 06:57:00 PM

hrmmm... ok... didn't catch that.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #CypWnGQZQ6NvUAws

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
thecarnie

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:30:26 AM

It's a test-build with a couple different parameters for the seeder and it's backup connections to keep the blockchain alive but otherwise, is running on the mainnet at the moment.  When I checked the seeder last night, it had answered 4 requests for peers, and it syncs it's peer list with the wallet daemon that runs on the same box (which answers Xencoin P2P here: xenseed.liquidbbs.org:4334 (peer node) and the DNS seeder is at the same address on port 53. 

The problem with the current builds (shown as v8.7.3 (70002)) is that the client runs out of memory mappings for the orphan transactions - once they reach 10000, it starts having problems and sometimes refuses to share the blockchain, allow new connections (it maintains the ones it has but won't allow new ones, even with a high limit) - A restart solves it but I'm still trying to work out a solution that will deal with that issue.

I've updated the GIT repo for the client -- almost all the changes other than the fix for the eventual overflow of orphan transactions have been implemented.  No changes to the difficulty adjust, blocktimes, or anything like that have been made.  The checkpoints have been added that triptech sorted out (much thanks!) and before I package up the compiled versions, there will be a final checkpoint added.  If anyone feels froggy, I'm able to build the QT on Win7/Mingw64.  It's been built against QT 5.2.1 and runs good on my test boxes but again - with the orphan tx issue it's still not ready.  I have seen some version 2 blocks in the chain - although the block explorer I setup is currently offline.  It is having an issue with some recent blocks and can't sync completely for some reason -- I'll sort that out soon unless the devs get to it sooner -- we're using the bitcore/insight-api from bitpay (with conversions for Xencoin) and it is slick, but still needs tweaking before it'll be stable.

thecarnie

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:18:06 AM

If xenseed is the only dns name in your connect= lines, and you're not able to sync or getting connection errors, please check the debug.log file for anything like "invalid message start" or refused connections -- and let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary.  The seeder lately maintains about 15 XNC connections and then the other 15-20 is where it's testing other peers and when they're not XNC it rejects them and moves on -- but currently, it accepts connects from protocol versions 60000 and up, and it's not picky about client versions, so long as their chain and message start characters match --
thecarnie

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:19:48 AM

And for some reason, xenseed is having response issues, but xencoin.liquidbbs.org is responding -- you can use that as an alternate DNS name for now to see if it stabilizes -- that will tell me which part of the supernode is having problems...
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 02:48:08 PM

not sure who's mining Xencoin out on my pool, www.hasher.ca but I'm going to take it offline for a bit. It seems to be constantly using a lot of CPU and my other pools need the priority.

Will see if it's one of the causes to the higher load and then figured something out.

thecarnie

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 10:57:50 PM

not sure who's mining Xencoin out on my pool, www.hasher.ca but I'm going to take it offline for a bit. It seems to be constantly using a lot of CPU and my other pools need the priority.

Will see if it's one of the causes to the higher load and then figured something out.

Is that the new wallet doing that?  I have bursts of high CPU as well without miners --
El_Nickio

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:51:05 PM

Hey thecarnie, post a Xencoin address - I want to tip you some XNC to show my appreciation for all your hard work. Smiley
thecarnie

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:51:14 AM

Sorry I have been offline for a minute here everyone -- been some turmoil on the homefront.

I don't have an XNC address that is on a working wallet at the moment.  I haven't been able to be online long enough to even check the supernode, which I'm sure is locked with an orphan overload at the moment.  I'll have it reset later tonight --

More updates are still coming, but I'm still sorting out some internal issues in the client updates --

Again, my apologies for the silence -- as I don't want to be a repeat of the last developer on this project --
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 02:39:39 AM

Is that the new wallet doing that?  I have bursts of high CPU as well without miners --

Yeah I think it was the fork from your repo:

xencoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 80703,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

thecarnie

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:13:42 AM

Yup, that's the current build.  What I think is happening is the orphan overflow issue, but I'm doing some additional testing -- there might be some other issue I haven't pinpointed yet -- thanks for the testing on that, crackfoo!
thecarnie

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:14:17 AM

I just restarted the supernode because it was maxed out on orphans and not handling communications right...
thecarnie

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 09:33:05 PM

Recovering from a drive crash on a dev-server -- there will be some code updates rolling soon when I get my source tree rebuilt.  Kinda wishing I had a backup repo setup with the most current code I was working on - sorry for the delays guys!
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:24:52 PM

Recovering from a drive crash on a dev-server -- there will be some code updates rolling soon when I get my source tree rebuilt.  Kinda wishing I had a backup repo setup with the most current code I was working on - sorry for the delays guys!

oh dang, that's too bad! you don't use a dev branch on github? I've been busy with the oldest starting school for the first time and preparing to build a house and move as well as expecting another (3rd kid) in November.

busy times!

thecarnie

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:27:05 PM

oh dang, that's too bad! you don't use a dev branch on github? I've been busy with the oldest starting school for the first time and preparing to build a house and move as well as expecting another (3rd kid) in November.

busy times!

At the time I only have the master branch up on Github because some of the code I've been playing with isn't something I would want someone else to be able to download and test -- it would break things badly -- and I don't have private repos yet.  It's a noob move on my part -- but I've managed to recover 98% of the code that I was sitting on - the other files are ones that were untouched as it were, so -- once I get things back in place I'll be updating the master branch -- from there, I'll most likely get a backup repo up just for sake of shit like these WD drives that keep dying on me...  I'll never buy one of these pieces of garbage again - this is the 4th drive in as many years...

beitris.dwlul

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:26:00 PM

Logo is the best so far in BTC!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: