Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:55:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best privacy coin?  (Read 15366 times)
Acura36000

Activity: 98
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 09:04:41 AM

Sorry for the hard words, but spectrecoin is a joke...

I see a public Richlist... much privacy
I see public Metadata exist on the Chain for Chainanalys
I see no 51% double spends resistance
I see transparent Transactions

Even if only 5% of the people use the privacy feature this is enough to deanonymize the people anyway.

My previous choice of Privacycoins remains

1st ARRR Piratechain

2.XMR Monero

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wicking

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 02:05:41 PM

Even if only 5% of the people use the privacy feature this is enough to deanonymize the people anyway.

1st ARRR Piratechain

2.XMR Monero
It is possible to forgive rough words, but not deliberate lie or misleading! You were able to lie on all four counts.
 The project has 2 coins: public (xspec) and private (spectrecoin), therefore what is seen in the blockchain is xspec. Spectrecoin is not tracked.
The rich list also consists of wallets whose owners did not transfer xspec to spectre for any reason. Below I will leave a link to a rich list, you will see in 1 place anonymous - the researcher can not identify anonymous spectre and relate them to wallets, so he considers them for 1 wallet! Show us how you were able to evade hidden transactions, but you will not be able to confirm any of his statements.
You aggressively defend your project, which no one thought to attack. That's low. Cryptoprotection large and the competition all at hand - forces you to grow.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/#!rich
Acura36000

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 02:30:16 PM

1st ARRR Piratechain

2.XMR Monero
It is possible to forgive rough words, but not deliberate lie or misleading! You were able to lie on all four counts.
 The project has 2 coins: public (xspec) and private (spectrecoin), therefore what is seen in the blockchain is xspec. Spectrecoin is not tracked.
The rich list also consists of wallets whose owners did not transfer xspec to spectre for any reason. Below I will leave a link to a rich list, you will see in 1 place anonymous - the researcher can not identify anonymous spectre and relate them to wallets, so he considers them for 1 wallet! Show us how you were able to evade hidden transactions, but you will not be able to confirm any of his statements.
You aggressively defend your project, which no one thought to attack. That's low. Cryptoprotection large and the competition all at hand - forces you to grow.

So Spectrecoin is a coin with optional privacy (transparent & shielded transactions)- we all know what that means in terms of privacy...

So i see metadata on the Chain - sender , amount, input / output  - there is no lie about that

I see public Richlist with all metadata - Wow, the first place is anonymous from the top500

And what is with 51% double Spend resistance... so Spectrecoin has no protection against it ?
Where is that a lie ?

Everyone here in the forum and on the internet will agree with me that coins with optional privacy are a waste of time.

Wicking

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 05:09:30 PM

1st ARRR Piratechain

2.XMR Monero

So Spectrecoin is a coin with optional privacy (transparent & shielded transactions)- we all know what that means in terms of privacy...

So i see metadata on the Chain - sender , amount, input / output  - there is no lie about that

I see public Richlist with all metadata - Wow, the first place is anonymous from the top500

And what is with 51% double Spend resistance... so Spectrecoin has no protection against it ?
Where is that a lie ?

Everyone here in the forum and on the internet will agree with me that coins with optional privacy are a waste of time.

you continue to purposefully mislead people. What you see in the blockchain is xspec - a public coin. If you convert it to spectre, you won't be able to trace the transactions. It's strange that you don't understand it, or pretend to. I strongly doubt that everyone present at BTC will agree with your unfounded conclusions. More about the attack 51%. Do you have any idea the cost of such an attack? Now weight networks accounts for roughly 8-9 million coins, for attacks will require 4-4. 5 million. ALL cash xspec on exchanges is 200-300 thousand, just buying them all you make the cost of the attack unprofitable -the price will fly to the moon, and will not reach the required as you need to buy another 3.5-4 million coins
Beachguy2

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

Spectrecoin Community Manager,prev acct hacked

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 07:17:55 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2019, 07:33:36 PM by Beachguy2

ummm...there is "no option" to run on the TOR network like some others
.....is part of the client...as is oBFS4 ability if the client needs it to connect to its nodes.
Being PoS3 and "option" PoASs ...how would someone buy enough coins to run a 51%? that scenario is very remote with any PoS3 coin.
Maybe take your comments elsewhere and quit attacking Spectrecoin.

Acura36000

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 09:03:27 PM

thank you both for your answers.

So Spectrecoin has no technical protection against 51% attacks like dPow from Komodo, or Chainlocks from Dash.

And the fact that a user can go from a transparent state to a protected one may be quite great (optional privacy), but the fact that he afterwards switches back to a transparent transaction only to be able to deposit his coin on an exchange, for example - allows deanonimizing already by the low use of the feature.

Even with Zcash, only 4-6% use the shielded feature, even this low usage is enough to deanonimize the users behind the chain analysis.

Proof: https://cryptolux.org/images/d/d9/Zcash.pdf

Spectre will be no exception, as well as many other coins with optional privacy.

If Spectre here is so great and anonymous, why don't you read about it anywhere?
Why doesn't Darkmarket use it?
Why is he not represented on Binance?
Why doesn't he win in comparison with Monero?

I think Spectre is now almost 4 years old... I now save myself the rest that I could still bring.
So much for the statement "Best privacy coin" ... 

Riboflavv

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 11:30:29 AM

A 51% attack on a Proof-of-Stake cryptocurrency is an unrealistic scenario and it's strange to bring this up as a critique against Spectrecoin.

Think about what you are saying Acura: You believe someone can acquire more than half of all coins (!) and then will use that to attack the chain? Even if someone somehow managed to acquire such an enormous amount of coins (I doubt it would even be possible) it would cost this entity unbelievable sums as the price would increase to unforseeable heights and he would be the largest stakeholder in the network. So what possible reason could this entity then have to attack his own stake after spending an insane amount of money on this? It doesn't make much sense.

The Spectrecoin developers have implemented a unique consensus algorithm (PoAS or 'StealthStaking') which makes Spectrecoin currently the only cryptocurrency that has truly anonymous staking! The dual-coin system of Spectrecoin is a massive advantage and not a weakness. It allows users to choose. It allows services to implement xspec whereas spectre might be more difficult, or technically or legally impossible.

To quote Satoshi Nakamoto: 'If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry'

Acura,  I will make a spectre transaction and you will tell me where it ends up ok? Since by your claims Spectrecoin is not a good privacy coin because it has a dual-coin system, it should be very easy for you to track this transaction. Let's see if there is some substance behind your claims or if it was all just hot air to pump your Pirate bags. I wish you good luck  Wink

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/tx.dws?8d17d8ecd9e5e32c8c2eebd1efd0e670a84e374d7d147c9177f552c6de35d206

So please tell me where this payment came from and where it ends up. Hint: it originally was in public xspec. Since you claim Spectrecoin's dual-coin system is allegedly a privacy weakness, I am REALLY interested to see this proven now.

Acura36000

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 12:35:47 PM

A 51% attack on a Proof-of-Stake cryptocurrency is an unrealistic scenario and it's strange to bring this up as a critique against Spectrecoin.

Think about what you are saying Acura: You believe someone can acquire more than half of all coins (!) and then will use that to attack the chain? Even if someone somehow managed to acquire such an enormous amount of coins (I doubt it would even be possible) it would cost this entity unbelievable sums as the price would increase to unforseeable heights and he would be the largest stakeholder in the network. So what possible reason could this entity then have to attack his own stake after spending an insane amount of money on this? It doesn't make much sense.

The Spectrecoin developers have implemented a unique consensus algorithm (PoAS or 'StealthStaking') which makes Spectrecoin currently the only cryptocurrency that has truly anonymous staking! The dual-coin system of Spectrecoin is a massive advantage and not a weakness. It allows users to choose. It allows services to implement xspec whereas spectre might be more difficult, or technically or legally impossible.

To quote Satoshi Nakamoto: 'If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry'

Acura,  I will make a spectre transaction and you will tell me where it ends up ok? Since by your claims Spectrecoin is not a good privacy coin because it has a dual-coin system, it should be very easy for you to track this transaction. Let's see if there is some substance behind your claims or if it was all just hot air to pump your Pirate bags. I wish you good luck  Wink

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/tx.dws?8d17d8ecd9e5e32c8c2eebd1efd0e670a84e374d7d147c9177f552c6de35d206

So please tell me where this payment came from and where it ends up. Hint: it originally was in public xspec. Since you claim Spectrecoin's dual-coin system is allegedly a privacy weakness, I am REALLY interested to see this proven now.

Your statement shows that you have not understood how easy it is for chain analysis companies to deanonimize such transactions. I prefer you to read the pdf file ...It can be applied to all coins with optional privacy

Answer me the question, what percentage of all Spectrecoin users use the shielded feature?
0,5% ? 1% ? 3% ? 5%?

But while Spectrecoin gives the user the choice of using transparent or privacy, Pirate’s addresses are forced to be private. And this is exactly where the difference lies. Data protection in Spectrecoin is optional, i.e. parts of the blockchain are transparent. Where as Pirate is completely anonymous.

Conclusion

Both crypto currencies use advanced technology and algorithms.
The transactions and thus the blockchain of Pirate are 99.9% anonymous, where as Spectrecoin does not offer forced anonymous transactions, furthermore in Spectrecoin large parts of the blockchain are transparent.
The Spectrecoin brand name promises a lot, but the technology is no better than other optional privacy coins.
In contrast, Pirates transactions are private by default, which encourages greater use of these transactions and provides more network security.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 01:05:49 PM

Second that but it's not much unrealistic, in PoS coin if anyone wants to have 51% attack, they need to own more than 50% of the total supply. So, it's possible to have own more than 50% if the market capital of that coin is low.
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:45:03 PM

Second that but it's not much unrealistic, in PoS coin if anyone wants to have 51% attack, they need to own more than 50% of the total supply. So, it's possible to have own more than 50% if the market capital of that coin is low.

Theoretically and technically you are of course correct. But it would be like shooting in your own foot: you can do it, but why would you hurt yourself. Firstly, at current prices you would need to invest at least 5m to try to aquire over 50% and it would be questionable whether you can even find that many sellers, but let's assume you do. And then what? As soon as it becomes apparent that somebody has over 50% the price would drop to the bottom. And using the 50% to block certain transactions? Somewhat idiotic attempt since, given the privacy and anonymity features all you could do is blocking random transactions, not transactions linked to real accounts / people. So yeah, a wealthy diabolic maniac who wants to destroy the world can theorically attempt to do that. But so far, greed has always trumped pure evil distructive nature.
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:53:37 PM

Grin is very interesting coin because it has similiar history like Bitcoin. No one knows who is the creator, it is not premined, no ICO and it is the first altcoin accepted on this forum as a donation.  Cool

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
pvk444

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 04:58:50 PM

Your statement shows that you have not understood how easy it is for chain analysis companies to deanonimize such transactions. I prefer you to read the pdf file ...It can be applied to all coins with optional privacy

Answer me the question, what percentage of all Spectrecoin users use the shielded feature?
0,5% ? 1% ? 3% ? 5%?

But while Spectrecoin gives the user the choice of using transparent or privacy, Pirate’s addresses are forced to be private. And this is exactly where the difference lies. Data protection in Spectrecoin is optional, i.e. parts of the blockchain are transparent. Where as Pirate is completely anonymous.

Conclusion

Both crypto currencies use advanced technology and algorithms.
The transactions and thus the blockchain of Pirate are 99.9% anonymous, where as Spectrecoin does not offer forced anonymous transactions, furthermore in Spectrecoin large parts of the blockchain are transparent.
The Spectrecoin brand name promises a lot, but the technology is no better than other optional privacy coins.
In contrast, Pirates transactions are private by default, which encourages greater use of these transactions and provides more network security.

You obviously did some research about chain analysis. Good. But a point you miss is the difficulty behind such analysis in real life, the amount of effort it requires and the low success rate of such analysis. There is NO coin that has perfect anonymity and privacy. There too many practical considerations that make such a theoretical construct impossible. You claim that forced private transactions are more secure than optional ones. I cannot disagree with that. But a) if transacting parties want true privacy, they can choose to get that, and no chain analysis would be possible b) if you want wider adoption of a coin, you need to take into consideration potential business applications where completely private transactions would not be feasible at all. So why not keep the option to choose? If you want to create a privacy coin just used by geeks, without any possibility for wider adoption you are of course free to select one that does not give you any options.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 06:34:53 PM

Grin is very interesting coin because it has similiar history like Bitcoin. No one knows who is the creator, it is not premined, no ICO and it is the first altcoin accepted on this forum as a donation.  Cool
I think that a Grin coin can really be considered the best, without any particular objections, because it has a high degree of anonymity and decentralized quality.  But for their users of cryptocurrency, this coin is still available thanks to the very good Mimblewimble technology, which makes it possible to conduct transactions with a very high degree of security and private .

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Acura36000

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 07:05:43 PM

-transparency on the same chain provides worse privacy for private tx through "guesses", especially when 99% of all tx are transparent
-who is more shady from the outside, one who uses tor from time to time or someone who lets everything go through tor? Filtering and tracking is much easier
-tainted coins, fungibility problem not 100% solved with optional privacy

About Mimblewimble

MW coins are linkable
miners see the rawtx, they are not encrypted
just when they are combined you cant undo it
but miners can literally datamine all the raw MW tx - also on the chain different in & outputs are visible

I'm long gone from coins that leave metadata on the chain for chainanalyse
smajler

Activity: 125
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:04:22 PM

If you guys looking for "BEST PRIVACY COIN" it makes me think about DeepOnion with Tor you can hide your IP. ( Distributed 40 rounds of AIRDROP)
It will be two years of this project and it's stronger every day.
If you are smart, you should be interested. Why idk maybe becouse that work on DeepSend is underway.
So... Soon will take care of your Tx's, making them untraceable.

Worth or no?
I think yes.

There is no advertising for this project. I just know that when people get something for free and it is something that is supported it has an invaluable value.
 In the future, I expect high price hmm x100 increases. Easy

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   Own ONION   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    Highly Secure & TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary •  SegWit Wallet Released  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 02:27:28 PM

Remember one thing that isn't a good investment for long time because it could have lost its price with the increase of its supply which is also infinite. At the end, it will have huge deflation.
Wallflower28

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 02:43:53 PM

You don`t want for tokenpay to be part of the best privacy and secure coin? However, though it is private and secured, all bounty tokens are not given to the bounty hunters. It is just useless to the community since they are promoting privacy and transparency to their clients.
I like monero since before I started to join bounty campaigns. It is the first privacy coin also I have seen, same as the verge token.

maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 04:59:28 PM

I think if you talk about privacy coins, monero is definitely the best privacy coin. Monero has 100% anonymity so that all your privacy will remain safe and unknown.
meysonYo

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 07:35:22 PM

I think if you talk about privacy coins, monero is definitely the best privacy coin. Monero has 100% anonymity so that all your privacy will remain safe and unknown.
These are all illusions. If you examine the issue in more detail, it becomes clear that no cryptocurrency has any anonymity and confidentiality as such. Everything in the end can be tracked and identified.
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 02:32:34 PM

These are all illusions. If you examine the issue in more detail, it becomes clear that no cryptocurrency has any anonymity and confidentiality as such. Everything in the end can be tracked and identified.

Can you explain a bit more in detail, how you will trace Monero transaction? If you want we can make a test. I will make a transaction and you will tell me how much and where I sent. OK?
[/quote]
Good offer. I want to look at such a test with interest. Will it or no? How it can be possible?

No doubts, XMR today have the best privacy. Yes, we have ZEC, DASH, something else, but XMR is the best.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: