Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:50:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Any advice for a newbie?  (Read 10680 times)
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:16:26 PM

Since you have very little money and no experience, my advise is to spend a lot of time in the forum reading and trying to learn, and once you become a Junior Member after a month or so perhaps start to earn some money as a bounty hunter.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
awilliams

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:24:06 PM

IMO you should look into cybermiles. Lots of coverage and reputation there: https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtissilver/2017/10/03/5miles-launches-cybermiles-blockchain-project-to-decentralize-the-online-marketplace/#411bd4ae6d3a
serguvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:29:27 PM

Since you have very little money and no experience, my advise is to spend a lot of time in the forum reading and trying to learn, and once you become a Junior Member after a month or so perhaps start to earn some money as a bounty hunter.

Exactly! Just please do your own research and read/watch and then apply. Bitcointalk is a great source for new starters! Just please invest on coins after when you can say that you are quite knowledgeable.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:17:45 PM

Hello
Welcome to the forum!

It is still very early here in the world of crypto currencies. You are now here, upon what some of us would like to call the "Golden Dawn". Not to long ago, the founder Satoshi Nakamoto, had an idea, and upon this idea, a paper was created, that would lead to an entire paradigm shift within the electronic commerce sector. It would all start with a single rough, and unshaped block, which once polished, would soon produce an entire chain, that would come to be known as the "Blockchain", a freely distributed, and decentralized public ledger, ran from peer to peer, conveying a system of digital mining, by way of solving cryptographic hashes, rewarding it's workers with a proof of payment, in the form of a digital coin. To those who understood the projects significance, knew a new gold rush was about to take place...
    Anyone with who happened to have spare computing power, and was generous, could participate, but this network would need some time to grow, and was quite far from public adoption.
   Fast foward to today...
   The Blockchain is being massively adopted around the world, even some centralized commerce prospects have taken way, utilizing the Blockchain technology. Big household names in the financial sector have begin adopting,  and even parliament and regulatory bodies have set forth guideposts to help those of us who are lost in this vast legal sea.
  It is good that you have an early footing in the crypto race. It really isn't too late as of yet, but when the average consumer whose tech illiterate begins to adopt crypto currencies, many people would have already greatly profited, of what will soon be a further centralization, of a decentralized world.
   The next step is to follow the community closely,  because their are a countless number of projects being created reguarding crypto currencies.  If you're looking to diversify your portfolio, then check out some of the sub-forums on the Bitcointalk board. Not all projects require an initial investment, their are some campaigns who create bounties for bounty hunters, usually rewarding crypto coins as payment for participation.  I'm sure you've seen a few signatures of the members of forum, but what you may, or may not have know is, many recieve payment for the advertisement.
     Their are many ways to build your portfolio without spending anything, albeit time, and energy. It would be best to do a little bit of research, and check out each section of the forum, as their is a wealth of information here, as this is probably the biggest crypto coin related forum on the internet. Happy trails!

okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:26:23 PM

Hi and welcome to the world of crypto and since you are a newbie, usually I would tell my newbie friends to focus on bitcoin rather than on altcoins first. And find time to read about it. This forum is actually a great source of information and if you are also active in the social media you can also find information there about the cryptos.
sandos

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:31:24 PM

Let prepare a good knowledge before trading if not, you will be regret. That is my advice for newbies.

8rch7

Activity: 1372
Merit: 464

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:33:02 PM

some advice for a newbie (and not just a newbie I think, including for me, as I also still need advice):
- be careful every decision, especially investment decisions, do research first to the a project.
- if you insist on investing, do not jump in large quantities, preferably invest with a small amount first, while studying each step, will found the characteristics of a project
- be careful of links that promise amazing rewards, there are many phishing links

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
darkangel020716

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 11:40:28 PM

you must need a lot of research on where are you going to invest your money and read always their whitepaper if you are going to invest in some of the ICO, you will learn it in just two months if you are going to focus on it, just focus on your goals in your life for you to able to learn what you want just be a keen observer on evry ICO you will have.
Adoraademar

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:05:02 AM

You need to do a lot of research and observations before going ahead with any trading
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:08:13 AM

Hi guys,

Newbie here trying to set up a crypto profile. 1 month ago I had heard the name Bitcoin but didn't know what it was other than a digital currency and had not heard of any alt coins so bear with me  Undecided

I don't have a huge amount to invest, thus far i have 0.13 BTC and 2 ETH, 2.6k XRP AND 50 OMG. I want to keep adding to this and keep it for as long as needed, i  am not really interested in trading as i don't understand this space enough to do that.

Any ideas or thoughts? Should i move any of these around? Concentrate on adding to bitcoin? Add to XRP/OMG etc etc???

Also i have a ledger nano s en route to keep my coins.

cheers

you have a good list, i think you don't have to move any of your coins, just stick with that coins. but if you want, you can try to take a look of ethereum classic and if you see that you can buy at lower price, then you can buy it while its cheap. after that, as usual you only need to keep it for as long as you want and only sell it if the price is in higher price. i think you don't just concentrate into bitcoin only, there is many coins that you can try to make profit in future.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:25:27 AM
Merited by krakozyabra (20)

I got really started on crypto by getting targeted on facebook by a scam called plexcoin. It made me look deeper into things. Since then I have not slept a lot and a month feels like a year as so many things are going on in crypto all the time. I found bitcointalk and loads of information. Blockchain has a massive economic and political potential. I am participating in 8 discord groups and like 20 telegram. With Ripple and Omise you have made a good start. Especially Ripple has a large volume of real business with banks world wide and keeps growing. Some do not like it because it is not a minable coin. Talking about plexcoin if you start looking at ICO check out some of the videos of Ian Balina. Looking at ICO with a systematic approach is clearly a good thing.

Apart from that I think it is now a big time for blockchain and protocol related projects. It seems that many of the real use cases (check powerledger eventchain horizonstate) will need some time to really fly. The potential is definitely there. If those go big, they will moon. Well it is an exciting world. Go explore and enjoy!

P.S. on of the most important directives is HODL

Typical questions you might hear are "When moon?" or "When Lambo?"  forgot these 2 "When Bittrex?" "When Binance?"
chilly9876

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 12:37:05 AM

I'd say you've made a good start. Spread yourself a little more now so you learn more.. Check out some up and coming coins with low caps like Neblio. Research them and see if there's any you like and are confident in investing in.

Research some ICO's like GoNetwork, Universa and Jincor. See if you like any enough to invest in.

Once you're done you'll have some popular coins, some upcoming coins and some ICO's and you'll have learned a great deal.

Jincor
Genuinely simple smart contracts and cryptocurrency transactions for any business
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper FacebookTwitterTelegramLinkedin
Jincor ICO 15th of November, 2017[/center
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:46:15 AM

Hi guys,

Newbie here trying to set up a crypto profile. 1 month ago I had heard the name Bitcoin but didn't know what it was other than a digital currency and had not heard of any alt coins so bear with me  Undecided

I don't have a huge amount to invest, thus far i have 0.13 BTC and 2 ETH, 2.6k XRP AND 50 OMG. I want to keep adding to this and keep it for as long as needed, i  am not really interested in trading as i don't understand this space enough to do that.

Any ideas or thoughts? Should i move any of these around? Concentrate on adding to bitcoin? Add to XRP/OMG etc etc???

cheers
Hi well guys ,,
I think you look a bit different from the other newbie. with what you now have already can be used as capital to keep trying to get bitcoin.
I think just move it all to bitcoin, because I think bitcoin is safer in its price problem. meaning that if indeed now all your shares are on bitcoin then the price will remain stable for the future.
and of course if still need more profit, you still have to always try, if do not want to do trading, you can follow various other ways that follow bounty campaign in various altcoin.
forbiddenone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:26:07 AM

If you are no experience and you are newbie you will explore more and read about bitcoin and rules and try to understand it and you will rank up after a month and you can start earn money our I recommend to find signature campaign so  can earn money don't forget to understand even you're are newbie. 

black45

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:25:14 AM

Hi guys,

cheers

0.13 BTC, 2 ETH, 2.6k XRP and 50 that is so much amount for newbie. first u whitepapers about digital coins how its work, have values.
Then What your goal u invest in digital coin, certainly for profit, so u must reading, analysis, and feeling, to solling or buying your coins to make your profit.

u must reading market coins, where u must investing (selling n buying) to make more profit
Maian

Activity: 257

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:35:09 AM

Hi guys,

cheers
Just learn first everthing, read and understand and need to be patient to get what you want.
rexter

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:37:56 AM

I agree to others just keep on learning her in forum you are thankful you already have that kind of coin in your wallet,don't be in hurry in trading you must be a lot of experience in trading but keep it up.
Haslett5236

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:39:48 AM

hold your private key and do not expose to other , do not panic sell when the price drop so much ,

do not believe other says , believe youself and think of yourself
Noblessner

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:02:41 AM

DYOR & HODL Smiley
The Crypto Peasant

Activity: 258
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:13:27 AM

1. Do your own research, even if someone is telling you to buy something, do your own research on the project make sure you believe in it and are not just buying it during a massive hype

2. only invest what you can afford to loose, what i mean by this is only invest what you are willing to loose, dont invest something that will finanacially hurt you

3. never ever ever put you private key anywere..... thats how you will easily loose all your crypto

4. Do lots of research, try not to buy on FOMO (fear of missing out).

5. remember you only loose you investment if you sell for a loss, i have seen so many new comers come into this market and buy then freak out when something dips 10% and sell at a loss only to look at that crypto a week later and its 50% up from what they sold at.

huge dips are almost garenteed so dont freak out.

now one other rule, well not really a rule just something i did when i first started, dont check your portfolio every 5 mins.... alot of people come into crypto expecting 10x in a day, its not it does take time.

also its very smart to take profit if something double or even does 50%, my rule of thumb is i take my initial investment out the second something does 50% or more then balances out.

hope this helps. and good luck
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: