Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Any advice for a newbie?  (Read 10683 times)
khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 06:13:56 PM

Hi guys,

Newbie here trying to set up a crypto profile. 1 month ago I had heard the name Bitcoin but didn't know what it was other than a digital currency and had not heard of any alt coins so bear with me  Undecided

I don't have a huge amount to invest, thus far i have 0.13 BTC and 2 ETH, 2.6k XRP AND 50 OMG. I want to keep adding to this and keep it for as long as needed, i  am not really interested in trading as i don't understand this space enough to do that.

Any ideas or thoughts? Should i move any of these around? Concentrate on adding to bitcoin? Add to XRP/OMG etc etc???

Also i have a ledger nano s en route to keep my coins.

cheers

At first, you slowly make up your rank.Bitcointalk is crypto school.From here we know about coins well.Do research on crypto.Learn how to recognize a good coin.Then invest in.Then you can make profits.Must have patience
cluelessaboutcrypto (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:31:37 PM

Hey guys, been a mad couple of weeks moving house etc but just got the chance to have a read through all the new posts. Much appreciated.

Mad world this, its changed bit since I was last on  Smiley Ive added some LTC and added to my XRP, ill be doing some research over the next few days and adding a few more alt coins before the end of the year.....or maybe just keep adding to my Bitcoin? Or maybe wait till it has a correction?

Feck knows, see what happens ha!!!
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 10:07:53 PM

Hi guys,

Newbie here trying to set up a crypto profile. 1 month ago I had heard the name Bitcoin but didn't know what it was other than a digital currency and had not heard of any alt coins so bear with me  Undecided

I don't have a huge amount to invest, thus far i have 0.13 BTC and 2 ETH, 2.6k XRP AND 50 OMG. I want to keep adding to this and keep it for as long as needed, i  am not really interested in trading as i don't understand this space enough to do that.

Any ideas or thoughts? Should i move any of these around? Concentrate on adding to bitcoin? Add to XRP/OMG etc etc???

cheers
Good start...You actually have things going on quite well for you. Just hold your coins for the meantime while you are still exploring the system. It wouldn't hurt to have some patience in this world. It usually take about a month or two to have a slight grasp into how things work here. So continue on researching, studying, and getting familiar with this new found world of ours...

kimmali

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:29:49 PM

It is a good thing that you want to invest in cryptocurrency. It is actually a good timing because the prices of bitcoin and ethereum nowadays is high. For me,the first thing you must have is patience. You don't have to wait super long enough but you need patience because it is not easy to earn btc or eth.
mward19

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:33:56 PM

like many mentioned patience is key and just do your research/ make sure you are keeping you assets well protected via non exchange wallets for long term holding.
fazerockzx

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:21:07 PM

If i were you i would put it all on bitcoin for the safest investment. And also look at how fast bitcoin's value is going and increasing, you will have a greater benefit on bitcoin. If your the guy who doesnt know anything yet on other ICO'S, i suggest doing the safest and more benefitable thing to do and also start observing and studying differwnt ICO'S. But if you already know about other ICO'S, then do what you think you must. That's just me telling you advice of what i know so far and as a newbie once.
Trixie28

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:23:42 PM

My advance for a newbie right is just to read and learn on it. Just focus on it.Always active.Rank with jr member to join different campaigh and earn monry
narukami

Activity: 375

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:34:57 PM

first of all read as many as you can and also read the other post so you can know what the topic all about if you get 30 activity you will promoted by junior so you can join bounty now before joining a bounty make sure you read a lot too so you cannot have mistake in the future lastly read a lot

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Mr.Junker

Activity: 222
Merit: 250

Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:39:46 PM

Hi guys,

cheers

wow .... nice newbie, started with a good move I think, start learning crypto, researching and starting trading, I just cuman read here and there, start to understand crypto, bitcoin ethereum etc. start learning system, coin, blockchain tokens, wallet etc, read on this forum will be very helpful about the world of crypto. aidrop bounty campaign also needs to learn, but by looking at it now you think i already have a good start, or just start gambling? .... if you have bought btc, eth and some altcoin I think you have entered the crypto world. may just need to add knowledge in the security, be careful with the wallet must be maintained and apply a good security. private key do not get to share, do not play click link. and always reasearch about altcoin if want to buy another altcoin adn invest. I think all the same to buy and sell altcoin must first research or read in this forum. welcome to crypto world.  Grin Grin

yhan2x

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:47:08 PM

In advice for a newbie, just read first all about these forum. What are the things you need to know on these forum. So you can understand and how to manipulate on this forum
koss032

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:56:53 PM

My advice would be to familiarize yourself with the technology and go through the whitepapers and other research diligently. This will enable you to understand the potential of various cryptocurrencies and projects better.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:14:19 PM

Invest is always risky. If you want to invest you should learn more and more about cryptro market. After some period of time if you think that you are able to invest you can. Bravo
mathematical-project

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:16:35 PM

Invest is always risky. If you want to invest you should learn more and more about cryptro market. After some period of time if you think that you are able to invest you can. Bravo

Yes, every newbie must constantly learn if he wants to achieve success in the crypto world. This will lead you to success in the future. Do not need to be lazy and hope for other people

nakamote

Activity: 210

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:18:59 PM

Read and learn everyday,dont stop with the knowledge you have to be a successful crypto trader you need to know all the factors.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:20:37 PM

I think your portfolio looks solid! As you already mentioned: add more Bitcoin to it. I made the mistake not to do so and missed most of the recent rally while my altcoin portfolio keeps diminishing in regards to bitcoin value. But thats life, no regrets! One advice that I would give you is to do a lot of research regarding your coins, and dont to trust people lightly. There is a lot of scamming going on in this space, remember we are in the wild wild west of crypto yeeehaw!
ericunc95

Activity: 98
Merit: 8

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 05:05:57 PM

Definitely a lot of good reads out there.  I am a noob as well.  This is my first post but I am mainly reading right now.  I have a good friend that is my mentor so hopefully things go well for me. 
vincentallstar

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 02:50:31 AM

My rank is jr member but I'm also a newbie and i suggest to do what i do every time. i suggest to do more research and just continue to explore a much as you can, just keep digging and digging on this forum. Always think twice if you investing your coin, just choose the right ico's project if you going to invest with.
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:03:16 AM

Just dedicate a portion of your time in reading on current issues of cryptocurrencies and answer forum questions.  Never forget to read the bitcointalk rules.  From a newbie, you can increase your rank and you will have a lot of crypto doors open for you.  Join airdrops too.
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 03:07:49 AM

Yes, maybe you can spend some BTC or ETH, they have trend now. Maybe you can get some Altcoins, it is good too. But, need research, sceptic-think or be an "annoying" person, it means you ask more to developer.

sazon84

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:33:17 AM

You are right, that investing is not a coin, but in several. My recommendation is to pay attention to the Ethereum, Stratis, and other coins. Actually now all the coins at the bottom, you can look to many. Don't panic and have to translate everything in bitcoin.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: