Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:21:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Any advice for a newbie?  (Read 10683 times)
shidannv

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:45:22 AM

Hi guys,

Newbie here trying to set up a crypto profile. 1 month ago I had heard the name Bitcoin but didn't know what it was other than a digital currency and had not heard of any alt coins so bear with me  Undecided

I don't have a huge amount to invest, thus far i have 0.13 BTC and 2 ETH, 2.6k XRP AND 50 OMG. I want to keep adding to this and keep it for as long as needed, i  am not really interested in trading as i don't understand this space enough to do that.

Any ideas or thoughts? Should i move any of these around? Concentrate on adding to bitcoin? Add to XRP/OMG etc etc???

Also i have a ledger nano s en route to keep my coins.

cheers
I think you can buy in more btc and eth and hold them as long as you like.
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:55:51 AM

Hi guys,

Newbie here trying to set up a crypto profile. 1 month ago I had heard the name Bitcoin but didn't know what it was other than a digital currency and had not heard of any alt coins so bear with me  Undecided

I don't have a huge amount to invest, thus far i have 0.13 BTC and 2 ETH, 2.6k XRP AND 50 OMG. I want to keep adding to this and keep it for as long as needed, i  am not really interested in trading as i don't understand this space enough to do that.

Any ideas or thoughts? Should i move any of these around? Concentrate on adding to bitcoin? Add to XRP/OMG etc etc???

cheers
What you do is good to invest your money, my advice is because I think the crypto you hold now is good to be a portfolio, so it's better to add the amount of crypto you invest tan on reducing the amount of coin you hold, I mean to do not sell your coin to add one coin and if you want to add your investment then buy bitcoin or ethereum because in my opinion in the long run is the right choice.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Clay99

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:09:24 AM

DYOR - Do Your Own Research

Like others have said, every second person is either shilling a shit coin, or unknowingly shilling a shit coin.  Be wary of posts that offer things for free, stupid gains and anyone with a referral link.

Take peoples input, but DYOR, don't be afraid to spend a whole day researching a coin, looking at every part of the business, can the business function without the need of crypto (no real use case).

I am more of a risk taker, so I am more into riskier coins. Keep the bulk in Eth, it won't fail over the long term.  If you see something that looks good, spend a bit but keep the bulk in Eth.

Fair Warning:
Contrary to my advise above I hold hardly any ETH, but I am more of a boom or bust type person.  So I will either be driving a lambo or catching the bus for life.
dominasikoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:19:58 AM

My advice for a newbie :

Join Bounty campaign for sure.
-Social Media Campaign
-Youtube Campaign
-Telegram Campaign

The three of them is not very hard to do,
you just need to be dilligent to promote the ICO.
But, just remember you have to choose the right ICO, how ?
be dilligent to read all about the ICO before you join and sign up.
Read & Check:
-whitepaper
-website
-developer
-the project itself

i hope this can be useful for a newbie
crabbypatpat

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:38:33 AM

Hi guys,

cheers

Hi we can be partners in ETH I'm willing to help you with the bounty's and referrals on ETH,
Email me on ronneldelatorre14@gmail.com, we can talk
gg20222

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:46:40 AM

My advice to newbies are to research a good campaign you want to join. Dont trust people easily. If you invest it. Be carefulyou might he scammed. So in my opinion better keep your money or coins first before investing.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 03:06:08 AM

My advice to you is be safe and in that case i'm glad you are getting yourself a ledger nano s,avoid pump and dump groups.Do due diligence before investing in a project:Know the team,what they are doing and the total coin circulation(vip if you are into short term flips)

rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:13:28 AM

Prioritize Bounty to seek trading capital
but keep in mind, that trading contains many risks

idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:48:09 AM

Invest Money you can afford to lose and try to know more about the coin before you buy it. Think long term because day trading for a newbie is like burning your money. the best is to hold fundamentally sound coins for 2-3 years. if possible buy more during dips so that you can accumulate alot.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
iluvbtc

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:32:52 AM

Hi guys,

cheers

I love, love, love your OMG investment. I am heavily into OMG, it's going to pop very high this year I feel.

Ripple is a banksters coin, if you time this right you can make some money, at the end of the quarter, when they need to bank profits, the banks will sell Ripple. Long term, this coin will be a failure, but that will occur only after the banks fail and trust is lost (max within 2 years). ETH and BTC and very good investments, although ETH is facing some very serious competition with EOS , Cardano, NEO, etc... You may want to diversify into those a bit to minimize your risk.
maydna

Activity: 2982
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:28:21 AM

I still think diversifying your portfolio limits your risk. During the bottom of the crash, I was still up on my initial investment because I diversified. If youre a true believer and long term holder, then at least choose a coin that has a solid dev team, future utility, and a working product. Just my 2 cents

diversified our portfolio is a good option because we can see the price will go up and we can try to sell to make a profit and I think it is better to be a long-term holder because in the future, our coin will increase the price and we can make a big profit. I learned from my ripple in the last year which I can buy at cheap price and in that time, I can buy a lot of ripple and now, I see my portfolio is increasing and if I want to withdraw, I only use small part of my ripple but the money that I withdraw is big.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
linshisui38

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 05:35:48 AM

Hi guys,

cheers

Trading is a challenge for beginners. Even for experienced people, it is very difficult work.

My advice is to read and study the blockchain as much as possible.
Elsonbol

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:52:00 AM

Hi guys,

Newbie here trying to set up a crypto profile. 1 month ago I had heard the name Bitcoin but didn't know what it was other than a digital currency and had not heard of any alt coins so bear with me  Undecided

I don't have a huge amount to invest, thus far i have 0.13 BTC and 2 ETH, 2.6k XRP AND 50 OMG. I want to keep adding to this and keep it for as long as needed, i  am not really interested in trading as i don't understand this space enough to do that.

cheers
I think you can buy in more btc and eth and hold them as long as you like.

I a thought am better not than BTC and ETH, and to buy coins which cost less than one dollar there win chances will be more, I so began and to earn on BTC and ETH it is necessary to invest not small money
phelbaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:21:44 AM

You are one step ahead of those who have not come to know what is cryptocurrency,this have given you and edge to invest more,but you need to conduct some research in what ever crypto you intend to invest,most of the coins are just pump and dump,take your time to study them before investing.
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:30:44 AM

Suggestions for newbie or beginner is always the spirit and keep the ethics to speak if you do not want his account got banned from the forum. And always honest. We recommend posting 1 day 1 post for better,
johnsombero

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:40:52 PM

for newbie..the only advice I have to you is to work hard on everything that is being taught to you by the previous members .Do not hurry up all the things here in bitcoin. ask the previous members if you do not know.
delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 03:23:17 PM

My advice from me for newbies is to learn and know the whole system used in this bitcointalk forum. Use good grammar and standard in posting something, and which must be qualified and useful for others. and do not forget to join a lot of bounty campaign. That's it from me.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 03:25:57 PM

Hi guys,

cheers
Hi, I think you are not too late to but some cheap btc still, my only advice is to listen only to yourself, your portfolio is not that small and one of the coins (OMG) will have good future to my mind. Also read about HODL philosophy Grin

Game of Links

cyber~license©
sangalangdavid

Activity: 443

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:31:25 PM

You should know the rules and regulations about this forum. Take time to read threads because you can learn from it. Absorb the comments of the people who are a expert here.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Barbara2901

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:33:17 PM

Thank you very much
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: