Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:55:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Garr255/Werner - Auction shilling  (Read 23052 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 10:40:23 PM

fyi, shill bidding is a felony in the United states, so there again, whether or not it was a real scam is subject to conjecture/opinion.

sources: My uncle runs an auction house in Little Rock, Arkansas.

It's also a felony to resist the government's violent thugs, and the US is fine with bombing innocent people, so I don't put much stock in the US's view on ethics.

But is there a reason that shilling and dupe accounts are not prohibited by the TOS? Is that an ideological choice?

It seems to me that you either promote fair dealing or you don't, and while I agree that auction shilling isn't anywhere near pirate level, felonious behavior, it certainly isn't fair dealing. You can't get a little bit pregnant.
I agree 100%.  In my opinion, a scammer is anyone who goes back on their word in any kind of trade or deal and is unable or refuses to compensate the victim in a manner acceptable to the victim.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1837
Merit: 2830

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 10:42:37 PM

I feel like I really need to know a lot more about theymos's ideological views... although, I would hope we can put aside ideological views for the good of the bitcoin community?   Cool

Darktongue

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:11:02 PM

fyi, shill bidding is a felony in the United states, so there again, whether or not it was a real scam is subject to conjecture/opinion.

It's also a felony to resist the government's violent thugs, and the US is fine with bombing innocent people, so I don't put much stock in the US's view on ethics.

Shall we nitpick your country and the way they handle shit?  I was going to mention that this comment shows zero leadership qualities.  Then I remembered you just own and run this fourm.  Not that I agree with everything my country does in it's shadowbox king maker realm. This was still an unneeded stab
optimator

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 11:13:39 PM

Wow! what a thread. Today, on bitcointalk.org, I learned to always ask in an auction before posting a bid, if the OP, friend's of the OP, alts, sockpuppets, or his mother will be bidding on his auction before making a bid.

I'm going to take a shower now.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 11:14:04 PM

The forum admins here don't seem to care about the auction system here having any sort of validity.  But why is everyone missing the fact that not only was the Werner account shilling bids, he was also trolling others with it.  Maybe scamming and trolling are acceptable here???

The trolling aspect was covered pretty well in this thread.

Chronologically, a lot took place in that one before this scam accusation thread started.  This scam accusation thread only began a little after this point in the original thread:

Now, aside this BFL story, I never believed in sock-puppets accusations. (call me naive, yes)
I thought...what would be the real purpose of such account?
I mean, what the heck can I do with a new account and I can't do with the old one?

So now that I found that I was wrong...really Garr255, what is the purpose of this Werner account of yours?
I am just curious.

Looks like Garr has gone back and deleted at least one of the more egregious posts in that thread, if not more.  Hmm...

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:17:54 PM

The forum admins here don't seem to care about the auction system here having any sort of validity.  But why is everyone missing the fact that not only was the Werner account shilling bids, he was also trolling others with it.  Maybe scamming and trolling are acceptable here???

Chronologically, a lot took place in that one before this scam accusation thread started.  This scam accusation thread only began a little after this point in the original thread:

Now, aside this BFL story, I never believed in sock-puppets accusations. (call me naive, yes)
I mean, what the heck can I do with a new account and I can't do with the old one?

So now that I found that I was wrong...really Garr255, what is the purpose of this Werner account of yours?
I am just curious.

Looks like Garr has gone back and deleted at least one of the more egregious posts in that thread, if not more.  Hmm...

Which one are you referring to?  Quite a bit has been quoted since and may in fact be posted elsewhere.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:21:00 PM

Shall we nitpick your country and the way they handle shit?  I was going to mention that this comment shows zero leadership qualities.  Then I remembered you just own and run this fourm.  Not that I agree with everything my country does in it's shadowbox king maker realm. This was still an unneeded stab

I read it 20 times, and as try as i might, i just cant see what it means here and now. So in the absence of anything else meaningful, Im starting to think the same re qualities, with regret.
Darktongue

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:21:45 PM

I am just curious.

Jesus christ don't you have some dick to some dick to suck josh.  This thread is over 20 pages now and nothing has been acomplished.  Wait I take that back.  The only thing that's been acomplished is that someone fucked you at your own game. I don't feel any bit sorry for your pansy ass.  Also I'm very pleased I can say this without you throwing your dinky phallus power in my direction.  No order to cancel mother fucker LoL.

stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:22:14 PM

I am just curious.

Had a post deleted also.
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:25:18 PM

I am just curious.

Jesus christ don't you have some dick to some dick to suck josh.  This thread is over 20 pages now and nothing has been acomplished.  Wait I take that back.  The only thing that's been acomplished is that someone fucked you at your own game. I don't feel any bit sorry for your pansy ass.  Also I'm very pleased I can say this without you throwing your dinky phallus power in my direction.  No order to cancel mother fucker LoL.

What the? I don't even?

The only people currently getting fucked in this situation appear to be starsoccer9 and Vezunchik, by Garr255.  He's claimed he will try to un-fuck them.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 11:28:55 PM

I read it 20 times, and as try as i might, i just cant see what it means here and now. So in the absence of anything else meaningful, Im starting to think the same re qualities, with regret.

I don't believe that darktongue realized that theymos was making a statement toward the very country he lives in unless, of course, theymos doesn't live in the US, but in Russia and used the wrong account to post. Stranger shit has happened in this thread.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:34:10 PM

Shall we nitpick your country and the way they handle shit?  I was going to mention that this comment shows zero leadership qualities.  Then I remembered you just own and run this fourm.  Not that I agree with everything my country does in it's shadowbox king maker realm. This was still an unneeded stab

I don't believe that darktongue realized that theymos was making a statement toward the very country he lives in unless, of course, theymos doesn't live in the US, but in Russia and used the wrong account to post. Stranger shit has happened in this thread.

Shillgate goes global. Why not.  Shocked
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 11:41:23 PM

Shall we nitpick your country and the way they handle shit?  I was going to mention that this comment shows zero leadership qualities.  Then I remembered you just own and run this fourm.  Not that I agree with everything my country does in it's shadowbox king maker realm. This was still an unneeded stab

Ummm! Garr is a MarsOne fan, so you can say its gone galactic.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:46:13 PM

* r3wt watches the trainwreck

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ThatDGuy

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:57:13 PM

* r3wt watches the trainwreck

stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:57:38 PM

Ummm! Garr is a MarsOne fan, so you can say its gone galactic.

Then the answer to this mess, will be found in the number 42.  Wink
Darktongue

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:01:29 AM

I apologize to the uber admin then.  Seriously. .... but I still don't understand why the comment was needed LoL
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:05:12 AM

No!!! not thomas!

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:13:39 AM

I apologize to the uber admin then.  Seriously. .... but I still don't understand why the comment was needed LoL

I wouldn't worry. Its that Dalek under your name. We all know those bad boys trump any US or Russian hardware...EXTEEERMINATE.  Wink
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13089

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:39:20 AM

But is there a reason that shilling and dupe accounts are not prohibited by the TOS? Is that an ideological choice?

Alt accounts are useful in some cases, and they can't be effectively banned anyway. People can always use Tor to evade detection. So banning alt accounts outright would hurt good people more than bad people.

If I happen to see someone abusing alt accounts to break forum rules or scam, I will do something about it. BCB and others know that I am often helpful in these matters. But it's impossible to catch even a majority of abusive alt accounts (especially since very few people have access to IP logs for privacy reasons), so it's best for people to stay on their guard and assume that scammers using alt accounts won't be caught.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: