Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:49:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome the fear of holding?  (Read 4472 times)
miyong

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:00:19 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 12:27:51 AM by miyong

I need to set aside my investment and consider it as my forget money, leave it until the price goes up again and do some short trading,  to focus myself in other areas and forget about my long term investment.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Apex Investments

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:23:02 AM

I don't consider myself a trader but an investor so I try to evaluate the business proposition of a proposed investment. 

A large part of this game is emotional instead of logical so its important to acknowledge that and develop a plan in advance. 

Before you make a trade put your thoughts on paper why it is a good investment and how long you plan to hold it to realize a gain. 

The only time I would do something contrary would be for some sort of adverse event like the team missed a project deadline or lost an important team member, etc. 

Also, make sure you aren't risking too much on a single trade which might make you make trades you might come to regret in the future.   
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:02:02 AM

I think you have to take some risks in the holdings, otherwise you will not be able to hold it because you have to work on keeping in mind that if you gain something, it will be risky and it will be risky. She is risky to overcome him, Those who can overcome your responsibility to achieve success,

Arwinkim

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 06:07:04 AM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

Depends on what coins you are holding. Does it have strong fundamental? If you hold bitcoin, ethereum, ripple or other top 10 in coinmarketcap.com you are good to hold for a long term.

To overcome your fear, you have to be able reading the market especially bitcoin. When bitcoin crashes, you should sell your coins as soon as possible to prevent bigger losses.
t2yax

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:17:30 AM

It depends upon the situation whereby, we can expect, but we cannot assure what will be happening after a day, month, or even a year in our bitcoin value. We should know when will be going to trade, or when will be the best value to convert on.

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
jjdd2

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:13:19 AM

In the time between buying and selling, you can choose to forget him. I think this can overcome this fear, and I do it too.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:56:45 AM

By keep on thinking and convincing myself that bitcoin will rise again.  It will not remain in red but will become green eventually.  Keeping myself in a very positive way to overcome my fear of loosing my investment.
Well of course you should set a positive feedback regarding the dumped state of value of bitcoin today. When you know what you're doing to your coin and you are trusting that someday bitcoin value will come to rise again and make it in green marks again that will truly help you to ease the fear of holding.
DaveWave

Activity: 806

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:58:15 AM

It is really difficult to overcome fear especially when the amount is very high or very material to you. I did lost some of my value by this market but since this happened already many times in crypto so I can only hope for an early good recovery.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:17:47 AM

We can see from the history of bitcoin that its price has been growing.

If you bought bitcoins ten years ago and held them until now, then your wealth will soar hundreds of thousands of times!

So let's not panic about holding bitcoin. Bitcoin has been recognized by more and more people.
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:37:57 AM

Earn more than you spend i think you know the cause of your constant conscience whenever you spend money on something or deeply worried about what will happen on your trades so there is one only answer don't trade if you lack money trade only if you have an extra money. Another thing if you have more money or earned money i think the fear will decrease gradually.
goldexp83

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:59:01 AM

I also personally has the same problem initially coz I bought many cryptos without knowing very well the projects

but right now Im way more heavy with fundamentals analysis and reading better all the white papers before I buy and follow deep discussion on reddit and similar!

btcjocan

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:07:24 AM

I also personally has the same problem initially coz I bought many cryptos without knowing very well the projects

but right now Im way more heavy with fundamentals analysis and reading better all the white papers before I buy and follow deep discussion on reddit and similar!
I think we can overcome to our fears by thinking positive. If we think positive we maybe lose our fears. I believe that loses is part of our life so then there is no need for us to fear about everything that may come into our life as long as we believe that there will be hope, even if we face a difficult situation we can not really feel frustrated .
kolega

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:09:52 AM

To reduce the influence of fear and emotions help me a few things. I have been analyzing coins for investment for a very long time. I define actions for different scenarios in advance. I know in advance at what price I will sell if the market starts to fall.
btcminer6212

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:15:56 AM

I think you should try and try until you succeed that is the key. The trading is for brave people who can overcome the fear in trading and make all negative into positive thought just to be like optimistic.
Yeah i think it just depends upon you that how will you overcome your fear but me i was also scared before in losing money in this thing we always lose money we need to remember before we will pursue this thing we need to know that we can always lose money any moment and we should not be afraid with that because we can always win back our money it is up to us how we gonna win that back we just need to have a lot of source of income.
Taner

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:23:34 AM

Keep coins that brings profits. Sell the fact that causes damage. This is an important rule of trading. You will never sell at the top and never buy at the bottom.
sethme

Activity: 116
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:30:56 AM

Just invest an amount of money that you are not afraid to lose. IMHO, it is the only one way to hold and keep calm.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:47:32 AM

I've always been one who sells to earlier, either to minimize my losses or to realize my earnings ASAP and leave. I've seen in most of my investments, if not all that if I would've just left the coins there they would've been worth 10-50x what I put in before. This is upsetting as a person and trader, as I see how much money I'm missing out on.

How do you traders do it, hold and hold and hold. Waiting around for more and more money?

How come a hero member like you missed the high importance of HODLing? I have heard a lot of members and full members here expressing their regretful experience of selling much earlier when they thought that they have already made a big profit with their coins's growing as high as 50%. Only to find out that the next few days their coins were even growing bigger and bigger in value. Some others are also selling during the dump, thinking that it is already the end of everything. And then a huge pump followed almost immediately.

There is no other solution than be patient. Well, the first question would be, do you trust your coins and their future? If you do, then that would not be a problem hodling for at least two years. But if you don't, then do not even buy such coin. 
chengyinoing

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:57:41 AM

To eliminate fear, you have to learn and understand the rise and fall of the price of bitcoin, so you can predict that it's not very accurate.

But this may be the foundation you can use to eliminate fear, and when you build more experience, you will know the highest price and when to sell the coin.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:58:42 AM

Well, I can't blame you if you are a little bit tense and easily influenced by a sudden drop of coin's price in the market because that's a common scenario here in crypto world. We can't do anything about that unless you learned how to handle your emotional well being and be brave.

Since you already concluded that you missed so much amount of money after selling your coins very early, why don't you use that fact to force yourself to practice holding longer. I'm sure you'll earn bigger and feel more satisfied after achieving it.
cllo78

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:04:44 AM

When the currency fell, I chose not to pay attention to it and then do something else. Then wait until the price of the currency goes up, and always tell me some of this news. I think that investing in this industry is very important. If you are not good enough, you can't judge it rationally.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: