Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:44:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies can now pay a small fee to enable images  (Read 54353 times)
productivist
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 06:42:59 PM

Hello,

Sorry to bother you, I applied to become a copper member. I sent 0.00208333 BTC to the address : 37HrBxcFhmzffbCKd2qNyVmYBdnuJHDz3D
The payment has been confirmed.
https://explorer.bitcoin.com/btc/tx/2546a7531ed3e6e2a6d7384a26702120fdb9d928102aba132c502c26a951ce26

When I check the page to activate my account, I see a different deposit address : 3BWfXz9AbV96h9b6n3xGxMfPoYmRt64kbY

Please can you help fix that,

Thank you !
Billionaire163
Copper Member

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:21:25 AM

Hello,

Sorry to bother you, I applied to become a copper member. I sent 0.00208333 BTC to the address : 37HrBxcFhmzffbCKd2qNyVmYBdnuJHDz3D
https://explorer.bitcoin.com/btc/tx/2546a7531ed3e6e2a6d7384a26702120fdb9d928102aba132c502c26a951ce26

When I check the page to activate my account, I see a different deposit address : 3BWfXz9AbV96h9b6n3xGxMfPoYmRt64kbY

Thank you !

I also have the same problem! help please!
Confirmation scans are available!
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3441

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 06:45:35 AM

Hello,

Thank you !

It's a bug. theymos already addressed that issue/bug on another thread:
After further investigation, this was in fact a bug. It looks like about 10% of payments made between March 3 and now were not credited. I put a notice at the top of the unproxyban and promote page so that people can email me and I'll sort it out for them.
Simply read and follow the second line:
Due to a bug, some payments made between March 3 and March 5 were not credited. Only if you ALREADY PAID and it was NOT CREDITED, email your username and the Bitcoin address to which you paid to mar18paybug@theymos.e4ward.com.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Billionaire163
Copper Member

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:08:36 PM

Is “copper member” displayed when someone pays the fee? If so do they retain he title after they have sufficient activity to become a “member”?

I like this idea. It could potentially lead to more strict anti spam measures such as longer time between posts, waiting x time before you can post, being able to only post in x boards, being unable to create threads (in x boards) etc
I paid! all appears!
Billionaire163
Copper Member

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:25:33 PM

Hello,

Thank you !

thanks for the help!
otto_diesel

Activity: 1078
Merit: 696

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:53:50 AM

i want to be a copper member, can i take this membership as i sr. member ?

is it possible?  i saw a lot of people have a copper membership upper than jr.member

thank you for you answers,

why? : i just want it, i like this forum, there are no serious reason Smiley
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 12:43:09 PM

is it possible?  i saw a lot of people have a copper membership upper than jr.member

Yes, you can, it works for any rank. You get the option as to whether you want to 'wear' the rank of copper or not after purchasing it. As you already noted there's not really much benefit to a Sr. Member but some people just do it as an alternative to making a donation to the forum.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
otto_diesel

Activity: 1078
Merit: 696

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:35:14 PM

Yes, you can, it works for any rank. You get the option as to whether you want to 'wear' the rank of copper or not after purchasing it. As you already noted there's not really much benefit to a Sr. Member but some people just do it as an alternative to making a donation to the forum.

thank you TheQuin, you are king!  Smiley
cryptohacker29@

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:07:56 PM

It means now we can use avatar campaign in the bounty. But what is the requirement of enabling the images in the profile. Newbie can now turn to Junior member in 30 days.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 03:02:01 PM

[Insert curse words here.]

It means now we can use avatar campaign in the bounty. But what is the requirement of enabling the images in the profile. Newbie can now turn to Junior member in 30 days.

“cryptohacker29@”, what is the maximum price you would pay for an avatar?

@theymos, thank you for your wisdom in NOT making avatars a standard feature of Copper Membership.

I must severely revise and correct what I said here:

For personal use in an account expected to “rank up” normally within a few months, as I said in my post:

When I was a Newbie Copper Member, I myself would have paid extra to sport an avatar—say, the equivalent of $10 more.

The business use case could be different.  For example, consider a role account which functions as a fully disclosed alt, and mostly just does occasional announcements.  Such an account may never reach Full Member status—and it certainly shouldn’t play evil games to bump up posts/merit for that purpose!  At present, there exists no means at all for such an account to display a simple graphical business logo.

For that use case, I think a fair avatar add-on price would be 50–100% of the current price of Copper Membership (thus making the total price 150–200% of Copper’s current price).

If avatars are in-demand for bounty-chasers, then offering a reasonably inexpensive paid avatar option would likely increase the spam level.

Forget what I said about a $10 avatar for personal use.  Well-intended users will understand and appreciate the need to control incentives to spam.  For ordinary accounts, people can just rank up.  I’ll be proud to wear an avatar for the first time, just over 48 hours from now!

New suggestion:

Accounts at Full Member rank or higher should be able to grant an “avatar blessing” to accounts which they openly disclose as their alts.  It would be reasonable to charge a modest, nonrefundable fee for the administrative overhead required to prevent this from being abused by account sellers (and/or people who would simply sell their “blessing”).  An express condition of such a scheme must be that the “blessing” is only valid as long as the same person controls both accounts.

Example use case (other than mine):

For example,if i post ICO Project in Altcoin Announcements my images will not displayed if i don't pay this little fee?

Almost the same question here. If I buy this status can I start ANN with images?

Yes, I have it on my organization profile.  It works well for including images in posts.

Best regards,
Ben

Otherwise, any paid avatar option must be made too expensive for people who are seeking free money.  That should be balanced against not making it too expensive for individuals who are trying to bootstrap a small business on a shoestring budget (cough).

I think that at current rates, around 0.01 – 0.02 BTC would be a reasonable business-class expense (even for small business) while hopefully being cost-prohibitive to a Newbie who just wants to “use avatar campaign in the bounty”.

Johnny Lgz

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:43:06 PM

Can we pay also a small fee for merit as a starter? Just hoping. It's like one-time transaction for newbies or newly Jr. Member to have merits and the fund will go to the forum...
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 10:43:17 PM

Can we pay also a small fee for merit as a starter? Just hoping. It's like one-time transaction for newbies or newly Jr. Member to have merits and the fund will go to the forum...

Will NEVER happens.
What's the point to force people to post constructively and to contribute to the progress of others in the forum then?
Another thing, the amount that will be collected from ico spammers will be tiny comparing to ads, so the answer is NO, NO and NO!

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:01:03 AM

Will NEVER happens.
What's the point to force people to post constructively and to contribute to the progress of others in the forum then?
Another thing, the amount that will be collected from ico spammers will be tiny comparing to ads, so the answer is NO, NO and NO!
Why don't just close alternate crytocurrencies then or disable everyone signature, if not we just create the problem and then introduce a solution and then another problem comes out of the solution itself, create another solution.

Why don't just go to the root cause and stop it.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 07:27:24 AM

Why don't just close alternate crytocurrencies then or disable everyone signature, if not we just create the problem and then introduce a solution and then another problem comes out of the solution itself, create another solution.

What other problem do you think came out of this solution?

Why don't just go to the root cause and stop it.

By making it impossible for account farmers to rank up the merit system has cut off the influx of spammers. That is getting to the root cause of the problem.

fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:26:56 AM

Merit selling, merit abuse, merit farner, merit gossiping, merit harrasment, merit bullying

By making it impossible for account farmers to rank up the merit system has cut off the influx of spammers. That is getting to the root cause of the problem.
That is not the right calculation here, ealier on
If the amount that will be collected from ico spammers will be tiny comparing to ads then why would we need the alternative cryptocurrencies at all where all the ICO spamming is happening, just close it and why would we need signature which one way this ICO spammer thriving here.

The question is why need signature and alternative cryptocurrencies at all? what is the reason having to keep it despite its bring disaster to the forum and there is no monetary gain keeping it in the system.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 08:42:53 AM

Merit selling, merit abuse, merit farner

That is only a tempory issue. They are fast running out of the distributed sMerit to abuse and it is clearly observable that there is very little still happening.

That is not the right calculation here, ealier on

It is not a calculation. It is fact that alt accounts are getting caught and tagged red all the time. Before the merit system, they would just be easily replaced by farming more accounts. Now it is very difficult for them to do that.

If the amount that will be collected from ico spammers will be tiny comparing to ads then why would we need the alternative cryptocurrencies at all where all the ICO spamming is happening, just close it and why would we need signature which one way this ICO spammer thriving here.

The question is why need signature and alternative cryptocurrencies at all? what is the reason having to keep it despite its bring disaster to the forum and there is no monetary gain keeping it in the system.

theymos has always held the attitude that the people that provide the content to the forum should be able to benefit financially from doing so if they wish. That libertarian attitude has been exploited by spammers, especially those paying with worthless pre-mine tokens. The Merit system is an excellent way to deal with that and it is after only 1.5 months already starting to have a positive effect. Give it 6 months and I think you'll see much more.

Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:28:46 PM

I just noticed mprep has Diamond Member tag on his profile, also hilariousandco with Gold Member
did theymos ever explain about this type of 'member'? these don't seem to fall in the same field with copper member
copper member listed as Position, while Gold/Diamond listed as Custom Title

I think we'd better wait upto Jr. Member if its only like that, because for us even a 0.002 btc is way more expensive but still for those member who'll be paying goodluck.
This is just my opinion as a newbie, I think its just a waste of money for only enabling the image feature for us newbies. Id better wait than paying Smiley
By popular demand, newbies can now pay to have some of their restrictions lifted.
---snip---
That's the main point of this: allowing newbies to post images.
---snip---
I am aware that for most people the benefits of this membership are pretty lame. This membership is only intended to fill a specific niche; if you don't need it, don't buy it.

His post explained and pointed clearly the reason behind this copper membership creation
some other members bought it just for vanity reason Wink

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 02:33:16 PM

I just noticed mprep has Diamond Member tag on his profile, also hilariousandco with Gold Member
did theymos ever explain about this type of 'member'? these don't seem to fall in the same field with copper member
copper member listed as Position, while Gold/Diamond listed as Custom Title

There are 3 known ways to get a custom title that you can set to say whatever you want.

1) Donate 50 BTC and become a VIP.
2) Become a moderator.
3) Ask nicely for it.

BTRIC
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

BTRIC: Innovate. Institute. Labs.

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 11:21:03 PM
Merited by nullius (1)

New suggestion:

Accounts at Full Member rank or higher should be able to grant an “avatar blessing” to accounts which they openly disclose as their alts.  It would be reasonable to charge a modest, nonrefundable fee for the administrative overhead required to prevent this from being abused by account sellers (and/or people who would simply sell their “blessing”).  An express condition of such a scheme must be that the “blessing” is only valid as long as the same person controls both accounts.

Example use case (other than mine):

For example,if i post ICO Project in Altcoin Announcements my images will not displayed if i don't pay this little fee?

Almost the same question here. If I buy this status can I start ANN with images?

Yes, I have it on my organization profile.  It works well for including images in posts.

Best regards,
Ben

Otherwise, any paid avatar option must be made too expensive for people who are seeking free money.  That should be balanced against not making it too expensive for individuals who are trying to bootstrap a small business on a shoestring budget (cough).

I think that at current rates, around 0.01 – 0.02 BTC would be a reasonable business-class expense (even for small business) while hopefully being cost-prohibitive to a Newbie who just wants to “use avatar campaign in the bounty”.

I would support Mr. Cassio's suggestion, but it may be complicated to track if someone transfers their accounts to others.  I do, however, agree with the concept that any paid upgrades should be sufficiently high in cost as to deter their use as a vehicle for spam.  A fair price for a fair service.  Perhaps removed from an account upon any spam violation, no tolerance policy?

I think the merit system is a great approach to cutting down on spam, over time that should have an increased effect.  It will be great when the Bitcoin Discussion forum isn't filled with the same 20 items just tumbled around in a new combination of lexicon.  If you dare, as I have, to actually respond to some of these threads, you're confronted with masses of people that frankly, I don't know how they get on the Internet, much less posses any Bitcoin.  But hey, I never cease to be amazed at all of the variety that is "out there".

Best regards,
Ben

nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 11:31:12 PM
Merited by flip4flop (1)

Ah, the memories.  From a reply to me made eight days after I started actively posting:

PS
I've seen your account in the Copper member thread, and this Copper membership turns out to be an easy way to distinquish between shitposters and serious posters. Not many Newbies post stuff worth reading, well done Smiley

Reason 0 to buy Copper:  Amidst the spam flood (which was much worse before the start of the merit system!), Copper Membership helped draw people’s attention to my posts.  I only needed a way to get people to not skim past me in the crowd; from there, I can stand on my own merits.

Reason 1 to buy Copper:  The official primary feature of Copper Membership, namely, the ability to embed images while at Newbie rank.  This enhanced the quality of many of my early posts, such as this one from five days after I actively started posting (merited months later by several different people):

I guess they could identify you only once you cashed out. Other than that, your identity is safe (unless you have verified your identify in an online wallet, of course);

WRONG.  For but one of a hundred other ways your identities could be linked, even if you mix with CoinJoin, check out this pretty picture from a research paper I referenced in my earlier post on this thread:

Stop giving dangerously bad advice!

If I do say so myself, that’s an example of a Newbie-ranked post which needed an embedded image!

It is a bit unfair that I should need to pay so that I could provide better quality content for the forum.  But life isn’t fair.  I recognize the reason for restricting image embeds by Newbie accounts.  If a modest fee can resolve that problem, then I am willing to pay the fee.

Reason 2 to buy Copper:  Although it is not promised that this will continue, Copper Membership currently permits Newbies to wear a longer signature—with hyperlinks.  This is important to me:  From the moment I started actively posting, my signature has always carried my PGP key information.

For those who want to promote PGP use by PGP-fingerprint-sigspamming the forum with meritorious high-quality posts, Copper Membership is recommended (but not required!) for participation in my 😈😈😈 PGP 256% AIRDROP BOUNTY SIGNATURE SPAM CAMPAIGN for old-school CRYPTO! 😈😈😈.

Copper Membership—definitely worthwhile.  Endorsed by nullius.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: