Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:33:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Binary-Chain - VeriCoin and Verium - The First Dual-Blockchain Protocol  (Read 47627 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mattei

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:18:28 PM

Anybody else get forked when difficulty went below 0.03 on Christmas Eve? 

Was thinking it was a Christmas Miracle had staked like 2000 or so, however experience has shown me that I was off on my own fork and then block explorers confirmed it for me.

And wouldn't you know it, everything was closed on Christmas day, meaning the quick download of the whole chain bootstrap.

This morning bootstrap downloaded only to find most of my VRC appears to be missing, so left it re-scanning this morning plan to check on it at lunch, fingers crossed...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StelioKontos

Activity: 839
Merit: 267

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:16:16 PM

How to mine this coin Huh
Cannot find the miner anywhere.

I guess every cpu miner will do that supports the "scrypt" algo. I don't know the best for VRM but I do use this (Windows):

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt

freebitcoin
BTC faucet & more
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:55:59 PM

Was thinking it was a Christmas Miracle had staked like 2000 or so, however experience has shown me that I was off on my own fork and then block explorers confirmed it for me.

And wouldn't you know it, everything was closed on Christmas day, meaning the quick download of the whole chain bootstrap.

This morning bootstrap downloaded only to find most of my VRC appears to be missing, so left it re-scanning this morning plan to check on it at lunch, fingers crossed...

If it does not help i would suggest getting on Slack. There is "always" someone with the knowledge ready to help out there Smiley
Should be more active here maybe, as Slack got a much bigger and active community than this thread makes it look like.
Mattei

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:33:36 PM

If it does not help i would suggest getting on Slack. There is "always" someone with the knowledge ready to help out there Smiley
Should be more active here maybe, as Slack got a much bigger and active community than this thread makes it look like.

Thanks, happy to report that all is good. rescan brought balances back into play and stakes are popping off with a little bonus... block explorer is verifying it so... 

I have considered getting on to the Slack, just not a fan of the that app yet.  who know someday I may show up there.

rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 07:43:43 PM

Mining Verium, decided to buy a few too. This project has legs - probably looooong legs, so i'm HODL. Grin
linklinklink

Activity: 68

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:15:59 AM

I had about 5 or 6 VRM sitting in the VRM1 mining pool from a while ago but what's weird is I can't login now. When I try a password recovery I don't get an email at all, even in my junk mail folder. I know I'm using the correct email address because I have old emails from VRM1.

Can anyone explain why I'm not getting a password reset email?
usbdoo

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:39:28 AM

[/quote]
You can cluster if you want.  Number is unlimited and if you use a Pi3 as controller, the whole cluster can make a reasonable return.  See these links:
https://steemit.com/verium/@birty/cpu-mining-is-back-a-complete-how-to-guide-and-profit-analysis-for-verium-mining-on-a-farm-of-single-board-computers-part-1
https://steemit.com/verium/@birty/cpu-mining-is-back-a-complete-how-to-guide-and-profit-analysis-for-verium-mining-on-a-farm-of-single-board-computers-part-2
https://steemit.com/verium/@birty/cpu-mining-is-back-a-complete-how-to-guide-and-profit-analysis-for-verium-mining-on-a-farm-of-single-board-computers-part-2b
[/quote]
Here are the settings for "VRM".

I can not find any mining "VRC" anywhere.
Which cpminer?
And how setiing   mining "VRC".
Im asking for help.

Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:55:19 PM

I had about 5 or 6 VRM sitting in the VRM1 mining pool from a while ago but what's weird is I can't login now. When I try a password recovery I don't get an email at all, even in my junk mail folder. I know I'm using the correct email address because I have old emails from VRM1.

Can anyone explain why I'm not getting a password reset email?

That sounds weird, and i hope you get it worked out. What i would to is join Slack as there are alot of helpfull skilled people there.
5-6 VRM is not too much now, but in a couple months it could be something to really regret not having Sad -Or worth nothing, this is crypto Tongue
ChrisCollins322

Activity: 98

Bitcointalk community manager

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:45:54 PM

Mining Verium, decided to buy a few too. This project has legs - probably looooong legs, so i'm HODL. Grin
these legs means good or bad? hah

▬▬▬▬ Bitcointalk community ICO manager ▬▬▬▬
bde3588c

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:57:22 AM

Happy holidays everyone! I think something is going on over at vrm.poolinat0r.com. It's the only place I've ever mined VRM but it has been about 4 months. Since VRM is going up, I went back to mine. I was sending over 300,000 h/m but my estimated earnings wasn't budging. I thought maybe it had something to do with the mining difficulty going up but then my estimated earnings started going in reverse! I stopped after about 8 hours and sent a message on their online form.

I then went over to https://beertendr.com, sent over all my hashes, and after 10 hours I have 16 VRM ready for confirmation and payment.

Something is definitely not right at vrm.poolinat0r.com and I hope it's just a problem with the dashboard as I don't want to lose all that work!
travellingwolf

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:08:27 AM

Hey all!
Just got into verium mining recently, any ideas which pool's the best choice for a few raspberry pis and XU4s?
bde3588c

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:16:51 AM

Hey all!
Just got into verium mining recently, any ideas which pool's the best choice for a few raspberry pis and XU4s?

I don't know which is the best, but I recently switched over to beertendr.com from vrm.poolinat0r.com (see my previous post on why) and things are working well (so far). You might want to check out the profitability calculator at https://pools.bloxstor.com/#/utilities to get an idea of what you might earn. I mined for a bit at pools.bloxstor.com but could not change the default payout setting so moved on to beertendr.com.
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 08:36:30 AM

Happy holidays everyone! I think something is going on over at vrm.poolinat0r.com. It's the only place I've ever mined VRM but it has been about 4 months. Since VRM is going up, I went back to mine. I was sending over 300,000 h/m but my estimated earnings wasn't budging. I thought maybe it had something to do with the mining difficulty going up but then my estimated earnings started going in reverse! I stopped after about 8 hours and sent a message on their online form.

I then went over to https://beertendr.com, sent over all my hashes, and after 10 hours I have 16 VRM ready for confirmation and payment.

Something is definitely not right at vrm.poolinat0r.com and I hope it's just a problem with the dashboard as I don't want to lose all that work!

what exactly are you mining with to get 300,000H/m?
pictures of your rigs would be a treat to see.  Roll Eyes
Abrahamtt

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:43:44 AM

What is your coin dispensing mechanism? How are these coins flowing into the market? Just mine it?
bde3588c

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:07:52 AM

Well, all I can say is that I'm not doing anything illegal but I'd prefer to keep my technique off the radar for now. I'm still experimenting and will spill the beans as soon as I feel comfortable. For now, here is a screenshot of my current mining at beertendr.com: https://ibb.co/dbiyHG

monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:02:56 PM

What is your coin dispensing mechanism? How are these coins flowing into the market? Just mine it?

Verium is proof-of-work, meant to be mined with a cpu and to be gpu and asic resistant. Vericoin uses a proof-of-stake type consensus protocol so you can get more coins by staking.
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 04:26:45 PM

Well, all I can say is that I'm not doing anything illegal but I'd prefer to keep my technique off the radar for now. I'm still experimenting and will spill the beans as soon as I feel comfortable. For now, here is a screenshot of my current mining at beertendr.com:

yes, skimming isn't illegal, it's just theft of mining shares. You don't want to elaborate on your methods, OK.. i for one don't trust your methods.
StelioKontos

Activity: 839
Merit: 267

Chad Hodler since 2013

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:58:48 AM

Well, all I can say is that I'm not doing anything illegal but I'd prefer to keep my technique off the radar for now. I'm still experimenting and will spill the beans as soon as I feel comfortable. For now, here is a screenshot of my current mining at beertendr.com:

yes, skimming isn't illegal, it's just theft of mining shares. You don't want to elaborate on your methods, OK.. i for one don't trust your methods.

Guys what are you talking about? You're saying maybe a pool is stealing some shares from every workers?

freebitcoin
BTC faucet & more
bde3588c

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:05:40 AM

Well, all I can say is that I'm not doing anything illegal but I'd prefer to keep my technique off the radar for now. I'm still experimenting and will spill the beans as soon as I feel comfortable. For now, here is a screenshot of my current mining at beertendr.com: https://ibb.co/dbiyHG

Guys what are you talking about? You're saying maybe a pool is stealing some shares from every workers?

I have no idea what the poster is talking about. I've only heard the term "Skimming" in the context of ATMs. However, I recently discovered that beertendr.com is not meant for high powered miners so if you came in like I did with a crap ton of hashes, then it does take away from the other miners. I didn't realize beertendr.com is meant for low powered miners so I sent a quick message to the operator and let him know that I didn't know. I'm guessing this isn't a common issue so for those of us that have the means to point a bunch of hashes at a pool, make sure it is in balance. I think I will just stick with solo mining and possibly do my own VRM pool once I learn a bit more about how to do it. Also, I still don't know what's going on with my account at vrm.poolinat0r.com but I do know that sending too many hashes was not the issue.
travellingwolf

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:02:44 AM

Hey all!

I don't know which is the best, but I recently switched over to beertendr.com from vrm.poolinat0r.com (see my previous post on why) and things are working well (so far). You might want to check out the profitability calculator at https://pools.bloxstor.com/#/utilities to get an idea of what you might earn. I mined for a bit at pools.bloxstor.com but could not change the default payout setting so moved on to beertendr.com.

Cool thanks! I've never seen that profitability calculator, going to have a go at it. Cheers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: