Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:56:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO - FINISHED!!!] Telcoin - Cryptocurrency for a Mobile World  (Read 10212 times)
Intrinsically1

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:18:31 AM

Really interested in this project. What markets are you targeting for your first Telco partnerships?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
telcoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 06:20:50 AM

Telcoin is going to provide unbank service, is this similar to what OmiseGo trying to do? I not really understand about the idea, but something still look good like roadmap, dev members. Ico is going to start today, wish this ico success !

Thank you for the words of encouragement! We are actually good friends with the OmiseGo team but differentiate ourselves by using the telecoms as intermediaries also, OmiseGo is primarily an e-wallet platform.

To get a better understanding of who we are you can check out publications we've been featured on including Inc., CNBC, and South China Morning Post. https://www.telco.in/#s_newsroom
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 06:24:47 AM

Really interested in this project. What markets are you targeting for your first Telco partnerships?

We are focusing on remittances for our first use case. This will include the North African - Western Europe & South East Asian - North Asian corridors. We have and are still speaking with a lot of telco as you can imagine, they are at the center of our business model so we're constantly in touch with them. It does usually takes a long time, but thanks to our co-founder, Paul, we've been able to shorten this timeframe and got greenlighted in some of the biggest Telco groups like Etisalat, Veon and MTN. We'll be starting POC within these groups network first half of next year. The way we include them in our business model, giving them a big financial incentive in the distribution of telcoin, actually helps a lot to speed things up.
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 06:31:39 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 07:29:07 AM by telcoin

ALL INFORMATION ON OUR ICO - (Start Dec 11)

https://www.telco.in/ico/#

Join our Telegram if you have any questions  

https://t.me/telcoincommunity

AS SEEN ON
CNBC - https://youtu.be/oc7xTtTnXxs
Inc. - https://www.inc.com/bill-carmody/4-revolutions-made-possible-by-blockchain-economy.html
CoinTelegraph - https://cointelegraph.com/news/the-blockchain-token-that-simplifies-entry-and-adoption-into-the-ecosystem
South China Morning Post - http://www.scmp.com/business/money/stock-talk/article/2123032/telcoin-eyes-fundraising-cryptocurrency-demand-asia-rises
TechInAsia - https://www.techinasia.com/talk/asia-unbanked-telecom-cryptocurrency
Finews.Asia - https://www.finews.asia/finance/26034-tapping-into-the-unbanked-in-asia-using-telecom-cryptocurrency

Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:57:37 PM

Are there any features that have been tossed around as ideas, and are only distant possibilities at this point?

Well the majority of our idea's are how to build out our financial inclusion platform which will include a suite of services such as micro-financing based on telco powered geo-location data. That is far from a distant possibility, more of an eventual complementary asset to our existing services.

That does sound interesting. So when you say micro-financing, you mean small loans? Sorry, I'm more from the tech sector than finance.

I don't want my question to get buried.

Sorry about the delay, ICO kicks off today so we are all over the place. Yes, we are looking into small loans, among other financing methods, for future use cases of Telcoin.

Oh yeah I'm well aware. I went ahead and invested. I might double up before the ICO is over.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 08:12:47 PM

What do you think the cost is of a customer acquisition?

Our CAC is the 50% of the telcoin issuance that we are giving to the telco's, as they will be distributing that to their customers to use.

Yeah this makes sense. Is there a list of telco's already on board with you that's updated regularly?

I've seen you list them off before. I was just wondering if you had a list on the site?

Not yet on the site until they kick off and we can give some more information on what is going on. Moreover, at their request, they wanted to official press release.

Oh okay. I can understand that.

okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:29:39 PM

How do you plan to get the word out about Telcoin? Will Telco's be able to help in this regard?

If they were to somehow explain to their customers how Telcoin works, you guys would get a ton of interest I think. Is this a possibility?
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:38:32 PM

Why do you think no one has attempted to do this before, or have they?

I think it comes down to the Telecoms and getting their attention enough to get a meeting. We are fortunate that we have Paul as our Chairman and co-founder as his previous company (anti-fraud detection systems for telecoms) allows us to get into the executive offices immediately and get meetings with central banks/regulators. Essentially he is one of our main competitive advantages.

It seems like a lot of the Telco's are SE Asia based, or roundabouts. Paul worked with a lot of them in that area?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
estorf

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:48:48 PM

What is the minimum amount you need to implement your project?
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 08:53:13 PM

Hard cap is not very big and can be achieved easily because of the potential. I will be studying more in following days about project but at large it seems very good approach to make cryptocurrencies usable by large number of people to take them one step further.

Thank you for the positive outlook! Let me (chris) know if you need any questions answered.  Smiley

Maybe you could answer my question.

My apologies, but i don't seem to see a question. More of a statement regarding the hard cap and your intent to study us more. If there was something i missed, please let me know the question.

You must have missed it, it's further up. I'll repeat it here, is there an advantage to being registered out of Singapore? Maybe more lax telecom regulation or something? I'm clueless when it comes to this industry.

Or did you just happen to have familiarity with the environment when it comes to business?

It was mainly, at the time and still today, the regulatory environment that made Singapore a destination for many crypto companies.

Yeah that's what I suspected. I wasn't aware Singapore was known for this though, thanks. I'll have to do some more research.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 01:31:25 AM

Our softcap is $10M.
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 01:34:09 AM

Why do you think no one has attempted to do this before, or have they?

I think it comes down to the Telecoms and getting their attention enough to get a meeting. We are fortunate that we have Paul as our Chairman and co-founder as his previous company (anti-fraud detection systems for telecoms) allows us to get into the executive offices immediately and get meetings with central banks/regulators. Essentially he is one of our main competitive advantages.

It seems like a lot of the Telco's are SE Asia based, or roundabouts. Paul worked with a lot of them in that area?

Paul has connections in dozens of telecom's, as his fraud detection systems are in 30+ companies. We are focusing on SEA/North Asia & North-Africa/Western EU remittance corridors, so that is where our primary focus for telecoms will be.
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:01:30 AM

How do you plan to get the word out about Telcoin? Will Telco's be able to help in this regard?

If they were to somehow explain to their customers how Telcoin works, you guys would get a ton of interest I think. Is this a possibility?

We are currently in discussion with 6+ telco's at the moment for POC/pilot agreements. Of course once these are officially publicized, then i'm sure the telco's and the media will talk about this.
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:45:26 PM

Our softcap is $10M.

I think he means, what is the smallest amount a person can invest with? Is there a minimum? I've seen some set at $1,000.
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:34:36 PM

I'm curious how your team tracks trends when it comes to this space. I want to know where you guys get your information since you seem to be on the cutting edge?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 08:57:47 PM

I'm curious how your team tracks trends when it comes to this space. I want to know where you guys get your information since you seem to be on the cutting edge?

This is a good question. I think a team is only as good as it's ability to stay up to date.

okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:08:59 PM

We are currently in discussion with 6+ telco's at the moment for POC/pilot agreements. Of course once these are officially publicized, then i'm sure the telco's and the media will talk about this.

Any timeframe on when this could be? Sorry to be so inquisitive, but I have super high expectations for this.
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:16:34 PM

Would you say you have made any mistakes when it comes to Telcoin that you have learned from?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:59:52 PM

Hi there, I believe your project aims to provide its services globally, but everyone has to start somewhere. Can you tell me on which markets you plan to start operating?

Good luck for the ICO, I will buy in too! Really promising project!
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 05:37:22 AM

Our softcap is $10M.

I think he means, what is the smallest amount a person can invest with? Is there a minimum? I've seen some set at $1,000.

Ahhhh! Yes, the minimum for now is 0.3ETH - 0.05BTC - $5k Fiat
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: