Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:07:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO - FINISHED!!!] Telcoin - Cryptocurrency for a Mobile World  (Read 10212 times)
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 09:13:31 PM

I'm curious how your team tracks trends when it comes to this space. I want to know where you guys get your information since you seem to be on the cutting edge?

This is a good question. I think a team is only as good as it's ability to stay up to date.

Agreed! We are very close with other established companies in the space (OmiseGo, TenX, etc) that we speak with and always share information. We are fortunate to have our advisors actively speaking with us and discussing what we are doing and what they are hearing. Moreover, Paul always has his finger on the pulse of the Telco market as his connections are always within arms reach.

Ah can't forget Shimo! Our lead dev is a rockstar and is highly rated on github.

That's awesome. I'll have to checkout what else he's worked on.

Please do!!! He's very highly rated on GitHub

You weren't kidding, this guy has some serious programming prowess. How'd you hear about him?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sezyumx

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Sandblock - Customer satisfaction on blockchain

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 11:43:39 PM

The team is super. Ian whale has scored very well. The promise is a project and idea.

telcoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 01:54:24 AM

Great AMA! I really hope this project takes off. Leveraging the telecoms user base is YUUUGGGEEE (Trump voice) while disrupting Western Union/Money Gram for remittance pay is enough reason for me support this project.

lol yes, western union is insane and we plan to disrupt them. Glad you enjoyed the AMA!
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 01:56:21 AM

Would you say you have made any mistakes when it comes to Telcoin that you have learned from?

Holy Hell, lol, so many! That's the beauty of starting a company in such a new space. As with any startup if you make a mistake, you learn, iterate, and innovate.

A lot of the things we've learned are based around Organizational Behavior, interacting with such a diverse community (interest levels, knowledge, talent, cultures, etc), how to explain the tech/concept/business model in the vernacular of said communities, cross-functional work, and more.

Its startup life. We've identified a problem/pain-point and we created a solution we feel addresses that. Everyone is doing everything and we are all driven to make this a success for not only ourselves but for those contributing, the telcos, and the people in developing countries that will have access to crypto.

Good answer, thanks a lot. The way you put it is so relatable too. I guess there's plenty of room for errors when you're the only one competing though lol

Always room for errors its just about how you rebound and learn from them. We are still making errors but that is all a part of the process. Being a philly guy myself you always have to #TrustTheProcess
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 01:57:48 AM

What is the minimum amount you need to implement your project?

Our softcap is $10M.

I think he means, what is the smallest amount a person can invest with? Is there a minimum? I've seen some set at $1,000.

Ahhhh! Yes, the minimum for now is 0.3ETH - 0.05BTC - $5k Fiat

That's not so bad. I can still get in on that.

Please do! Just have to go to our ICO page www.telco.in/ico and get whitelisted  Grin
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 01:59:20 AM

Are you guys actively pursuing any partnerships?

Or are the Telco's considered partners?

Its all about the Telco's my friend!!!
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 02:00:52 AM

How do you plan to get the word out about Telcoin? Will Telco's be able to help in this regard?

If they were to somehow explain to their customers how Telcoin works, you guys would get a ton of interest I think. Is this a possibility?

We are currently in discussion with 6+ telco's at the moment for POC/pilot agreements. Of course once these are officially publicized, then i'm sure the telco's and the media will talk about this.

Any timeframe on when this could be? Sorry to be so inquisitive, but I have super high expectations for this.

Well we already have agreements with Etisalat, Veon Group, and MTN Group that should be initiating Q1-Q2 next year. The rest we should have some BIG news by end of Jan.  Wink Cheesy Grin

That's awesome, how big are these companies? Are we talking about 1m+ customers between those 4?

Between the three (3) of them there are about 400M subscribers  Grin Grin Grin

Holy... These guys are legitimate giants then, this is incredible. I can't believe I was lucky enough to find an actually legitimately huge coin in time for the pre-ico.

lol yea we are very proud that they are on board. We have some huge meetings coming up here in Jan that would further that number.  Wink Wink
telcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 02:02:52 AM

I'm curious how your team tracks trends when it comes to this space. I want to know where you guys get your information since you seem to be on the cutting edge?

This is a good question. I think a team is only as good as it's ability to stay up to date.

Agreed! We are very close with other established companies in the space (OmiseGo, TenX, etc) that we speak with and always share information. We are fortunate to have our advisors actively speaking with us and discussing what we are doing and what they are hearing. Moreover, Paul always has his finger on the pulse of the Telco market as his connections are always within arms reach.

Ah can't forget Shimo! Our lead dev is a rockstar and is highly rated on github.

You weren't kidding, this guy has some serious programming prowess. How'd you hear about him?

We were lucky enough to already know Shimo and he's been with us since the start. He's seriously a badass, wicked talented. Claude (our CEO) is a programmer himself and helped TenX when they were getting started, but even he wanted, as he said it, "the best". That's why we brought Shimo in.
celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:50:29 PM

Would you say you have made any mistakes when it comes to Telcoin that you have learned from?

Holy Hell, lol, so many! That's the beauty of starting a company in such a new space. As with any startup if you make a mistake, you learn, iterate, and innovate.

A lot of the things we've learned are based around Organizational Behavior, interacting with such a diverse community (interest levels, knowledge, talent, cultures, etc), how to explain the tech/concept/business model in the vernacular of said communities, cross-functional work, and more.

Its startup life. We've identified a problem/pain-point and we created a solution we feel addresses that. Everyone is doing everything and we are all driven to make this a success for not only ourselves but for those contributing, the telcos, and the people in developing countries that will have access to crypto.

Good answer, thanks a lot. The way you put it is so relatable too. I guess there's plenty of room for errors when you're the only one competing though lol

Always room for errors its just about how you rebound and learn from them. We are still making errors but that is all a part of the process. Being a philly guy myself you always have to #TrustTheProcess

Very true about learning from mistakes. As long as you aren't making the same ones repeatedly, you're bound to succeed eventually. Also, go Eagles!

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:09:56 PM

Our softcap is $10M.

I think he means, what is the smallest amount a person can invest with? Is there a minimum? I've seen some set at $1,000.

Please do! Just have to go to our ICO page www.telco.in/ico and get whitelisted  Grin

Everyone has to be whitelisted to participate?
okspam

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:25:50 PM

How do you plan to get the word out about Telcoin? Will Telco's be able to help in this regard?

If they were to somehow explain to their customers how Telcoin works, you guys would get a ton of interest I think. Is this a possibility?

We are currently in discussion with 6+ telco's at the moment for POC/pilot agreements. Of course once these are officially publicized, then i'm sure the telco's and the media will talk about this.

Any timeframe on when this could be? Sorry to be so inquisitive, but I have super high expectations for this.

Well we already have agreements with Etisalat, Veon Group, and MTN Group that should be initiating Q1-Q2 next year. The rest we should have some BIG news by end of Jan.  Wink Cheesy Grin

That's awesome, how big are these companies? Are we talking about 1m+ customers between those 4?

Holy... These guys are legitimate giants then, this is incredible. I can't believe I was lucky enough to find an actually legitimately huge coin in time for the pre-ico.

lol yea we are very proud that they are on board. We have some huge meetings coming up here in Jan that would further that number.  Wink Wink

I'm surprised there's not more excitement around this project after learning about this. 400m people are very likely to use this coin. I don't doubt you will hit your cap, regardless.
NoMoreForksPls

Activity: 62

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:29:37 PM

Impressive idea, and the team looks legit. I'll do some more research but this looks like the next moon mission.
Gwiazdooka

Merit: 12

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:35:52 PM

How did u get to that number of 400 million people that will use this coin?Thank you.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 10:37:04 PM

We were lucky enough to already know Shimo and he's been with us since the start. He's seriously a badass, wicked talented. Claude (our CEO) is a programmer himself and helped TenX when they were getting started, but even he wanted, as he said it, "the best". That's why we brought Shimo in.

He sounds like a very good guy to have around.

Revdo355

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:43:10 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 11:36:55 PM by Revdo355

As a new bie in cryptos this will be my first outing on ico. still trying to grasp the details of the white paper. Joined the telegram group and already received mail confirming that Ive been whitelisted. Trying to get my acts together before putting my funds in a couple of days. Hoping i won't be disappointed my first. Cheesy
earthcoin

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2017, 10:49:04 PM

As a new bie in cryptos this will be my first outing on ico. still trying to grasp the details of the white paper. Joined the telegram group and already received mail confirming that Ive been whitelisted. Trying to get my acts together before putting my funds in a couple of days. Hoping i won't be disappointed my first. Cheesy

You picked a hell of a lot better one to start with than I did for my first... lol

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 07:25:06 PM

Our softcap is $10M.

Everyone has to be whitelisted to participate?

Or are there just special benefits if you do?
scam confirmed

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 08:12:46 PM

Are you guys actively pursuing any partnerships?

Or are the Telco's considered partners?

Its all about the Telco's my friend!!!

That's what I'm discovering when it comes to this. Thanks.

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:44:30 PM

How much of your budget will be spent on marketing in the first year?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
okspam

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:50:13 PM

I'm surprised there's not more excitement around this project after learning about this. 400m people are very likely to use this coin. I don't doubt you will hit your cap, regardless.

Do you guys feel like you're getting an appropriate level of attention? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: