Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:25:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My advice to Bitcoin newbies: relax  (Read 4915 times)
Jake052478

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:43:40 AM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.

Of course, we should relax.  Especially if you don't throw in any money to buy or invest.   We should, however, try to be prudent in dealing because of the ever-fluctuating value of bitcoins nowadays...
UzumakiSakuragi

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:49:58 AM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.

My advice for our new members here on the forum is, if you are holding bitcoins, just keep calm, panicking will not bring you any good, bitcoin price falling and rising is a natural event, as bitcoin is very volatile, so keep holding your bitcoin unless you need it badly, it will sure to bring you big profit.

checkmate25

Activity: 65
Merit: 11

Fire fire fire

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:53:19 AM

we all know that it's very fun to talk about it. but yeah relax.
don't rush things. look for mentors or people who have free time to teach.
if you have money to invest. I'd advise you go to workshops and watch a lot of youtube vids.
find a community or a friend so you can get information faster and learn faster.

if you plan on trading. just invest small first to get a hang of it.
videos for trading //exchanges are easily found on youtube.
enjoy the ride. you can learn fast if you really want to
but yeah bitcoin will be here for a long time.
if you don't know what to do. just HODL.
you'll still profit anyways
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 12:59:16 AM

Sound advice, thanks. It helps to not check it's every little change in value.

Yes, compulsive price checking is another bad habit that is popular among newbies, but also season Bitcoin users. It's much better to create a strategy for yourself like "I'll sell Bitcoin when it will reach X or drop to Y" and then just check the price no more than 1-2 times per day. Checking price too much leads to additional stress and sometimes people might make rushed to decisions known as "panic sell" or "panic buy" - and in many cases panic-induced prices are very short-lived, so people who panicked find themselves in a loss, especially if they have sold (with buying it's a bit different because if you are hodling for a really long time it doesn't matter much what was the price at the moment of your buy).

That sounds true. Unfortunatelly I become compulsive when I start thinking about selling BTCs... I think I'm not following the right strategy, when I see BTC price increasing a bit compared to the price I bought I immediately sell it, fearing to see the price dropping right after. But what usually happens is that the price continue increasing and then I lose a good profit opportunity. I think you are right, better to set a goal in price even if it takes more time to happen. I will do this next time...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:13:35 AM

Relaxing while you are trading is easier said than done but it is correct, panicking when seeing price going down will make you illogical and make you sell your position.
Azroyxx

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 01:30:27 AM

Yup good advise. I'm start buying btc from price at usd3,800 per btc consider very late entry. But I'm optimist that the price will go further after experiencing up, down and up. Now already break usd8,000. That why I'm still hold until now. With current growth reaching usd10,000 per btc by 2018 is not impossible. Saving wisely.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:35:21 AM

I think this is some valuable advice. When things are volatile, people are more susceptible to making rash decisions. As long as you are confident with your research and decision making, then stick to your strategy and keep on truck'n. Its easier to lose than it is to win when you are indecisive.
First of all we need to welcome them and after that we need to teach them about bitcoin because here is also of opportunity to learn but for that they need to be careful because if they want to do daily trade or investment here so they must have a complete knowledge about bitcoin and I’m sure once if they understand bitcoin so it can change their life.
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:40:31 AM

Relaxed and long-term hold, the current bitcoin is still a low price, bitcoin will not let you down, buy as little as possible operation.
 Wink
Well I think first of all we need to welcome newbie because they can play a very big role here so we need to teach them about bitcoin in detail that how it work because some of them can be investors and maybe there are some people who want to do daily trade here because bitcoin is such a currency which always believe to help people.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:27:40 PM

Always preferred to HODL it through. Managed to do that for years. Another point of advice is due diligence and smart diversification of your portfolio.

There is still a lot of room for growth for bitcoin. It is quite reasonable for bitcoin to hit like $50k. So do not get too affected by the up and down of bitcoin. That is just how crazy the price movement but because of that, that is why it can go even higher.
tanghere1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:38:43 PM

This is not an ordinary "price" swing.  The end is near for legacy Bitcoin.

I don't think so mate. As of now the price of bitcoin is 8k usd and I believe it will go higher by the end on this year.

SerioGiocatore

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 01:57:57 PM

JP Morgan CEO once said that bitcoins are fraud so the prices dropped and then people caught them buying bitcoins.
as per business insider: http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-price-jpmorgan-looked-like-it-was-buying-after-dimon-called-fraud-2017-9

I agree with you saying to "relax": Maybe some people want's us to panic, so we will sell our bitcoins making the btc amount lower then they will buy more bitcoins. Clever right?
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:05:09 AM

Now traders are waiting to buy the more bitcoin with offering high cost than the Coindesk or Preev price index. Many newcomers in the forum simply selling out their coin for fiat cash and different altcoins. These kind of moves will always taken by the whales to reduce the bitcoin growth and value. This time they touches the mining process in bitcoin. Please ignore these of price fluctuations and you will be able to make more with the holding like reaching to next peak as everyone expected.
I also suggest the same to all the newbies. There is nothing to hurry just relaxed and especially while making money in this forum because it is time consuming to start making money here. The newbies will have to wait for a long time to upgrade their position and join signature campaign. One day they will also be able to make money in this signature campaign. Don’t be panic besides be patient and calm.
fipper

Activity: 383

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:07:43 AM

my advice for beginners you have to read a lot and also a lot of understanding bitcoin science so you can get a lot of insight and understand bitcoin as a whole. you as a beginner should also learn to the seniors that you get knowledge and practice directly.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 07:11:32 AM

Buy first! Relax later, then would a bit more interesting attitude.

Just joking, the main advice would be to read everything you can get about crypto in order to get a full picture about what is going on around you. Also, do not follow any internet guru or market advisors. They usually only want clicks, views, ref commission or something like that.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:12:44 AM

I agree with your words but on the other hand due to my losses we have to quit at some level otherwise the loss will increase.
Well i believe  that if you are a true newbie maybe you really need to be more temperate on whats going on on the bitcoin.Because if  you only lean on your own way of understanding without the help of  any seniors or maybe the person who are really experience enoughf on bitcoin feild maybe you will end up loosing yet you maybe  drawn to the feeling tgat has really un contious you cant really refused  the fact that you are a newbie and  maybe you need some adviced and temporary mentor just relax and take it easy.
Gasolined

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:16:42 AM

lots of new people. have to go to bitcoin. Some people do not believe. The market is quite panic with new ones. They have no experience
tulakill

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:17:32 AM

advice for new people. Have faith in bitcoin. If you do not have confidence in the job, then you can not do anything
kikay15

Activity: 127

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:32:26 AM

i agree with this post. thank you so much for the info. but why many people wasted their bitcoin.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
hatshepsut93 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 06:52:07 PM

Recently there seem to be a lot of panic again, so I want to bump my threat and repeat my advice to newbies: relax, everything will be fine.

Are you worried about the price? Then stop checking it every few min, don't try to be a trader if you don't have skills and experience for it, just HODL and wait for the moon. Long-term investing is always smarter and less stressful than short-term gambling on price.

Are you worried about fees?
Fees are the price of Bitcoin's success, the technology is still quite new, but eventually it will be solved. And this congestion is only temporary and caused by the spike in trading, in a few days or weeks the mempool will clear, you will see.

Are you worried about forks? Forks don't matter anything, they are shitcoins, and people were creating shitcoins for many years already. Every altcoin outher is a version of Bitcoin's protocol, so technically they are all forks - and guess what, none of them is nowhere near as good as Bitcoin, because Bitcoin the most safe, secure and reliable coin, it has the best community and the best developers, don't believe in any FUD that says that Bitcoin will be replaced by something.
pickledflu

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:55:48 PM

If you are new in the industry, don't be too hasty in making decisions. Remember, small steps will lead you to bigger success and waiting for the right opportunity will be worth it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: