Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My advice to Bitcoin newbies: relax  (Read 4911 times)
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:17:12 PM

There are as many beginners who do not know the bitcoin they are afraid of because they do not know. so it's important to have someone who is well educated and teach them well. This handbook is very useful to me as a beginner, so thank you for the effort and for sharing it. I espcially like that you're pointing beginners in the right direction (either through bitcoin podcasts, or by following bitcoin experts) to further build their knowledge and whet their appetite for curiosity.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:42:17 PM

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.
Am a newbie and have decided to hold on to my bitcoin for now I need to get more  knowledge on how to trading aspect before venturing into it.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:47:31 PM

This is not an ordinary "price" swing.  The end is near for legacy Bitcoin.
You were right that wasn't an ordinary price swing seems to me this caused a catapult effect which saw bitcoin go from $6600 to as high as ~19000 dollars the highest price I have seen besides other exchanges going higher than this .

If we crypto-users can just relax whenever there is a dip we could make some good profits for hodling
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:49:45 PM
Merited by nikenv2212 (1)

Hello everyone, recently there has been a lot of panic on this forum due to the big price change of Bitcoin (as it always happens). Understandably, many people are confused and worried as they have lost thousands in their value, especially if they have bought higher than the current price. But as someone who has been into Bitcoin for 1.5 years (not too long, I know) I want to advice to newcomers to simply relax. Huge price swing were always a part of Bitcoin, so there's nothing extraordinary here and the worst thing you can do is to make panic trades. Basically, there are two main approaches to Bitcoin trading - you either hodl it, meaning you never sell it until it reached "the moon", or you are actively trading it to get profit from volatility. So, if you believe in Bitcoin's technology and don't experience as a trader, I suggest you to not touch your coins - Bitcoin always tends to increase in its value in the long run.

In the last 24 hours bitcoin again showed a decline below $ 10k, that means bitcoin back near the support level in the last few weeks. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the prohibition of bitcoin & ICO's advertising in the world's largest social media company Facebook. As written by Rob Leathern, the company's product management director that

"We want people to continue to discover and learn about new products and services through Facebook ads without fear of scams or deception. That said, there are many companies who are advertising binary options, ICOs and cryptocurrencies that are not currently operating in good faith."

well, this will be a great trial for beginners in bitcoin and it will also dismiss the notion that bitcoin is a place where we can get instant benefits.
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:15:11 PM

Good advice, for me I never touch my coins and hold it for long term and I have target price when I sell it. Many newbies like me are not reading the past priced chart of the bitcoin because you can see it pumps and dumps. So be relax and don't panic!
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:24:59 PM

This is not an ordinary "price" swing.  The end is near for legacy Bitcoin.

I expected that by Jan 30 the price of Bitcoin will rise up because of South Korea will back to crypto business after they really did not ban bitcoin but only those local exchanges that using questionable bank accounts and they will start open to local exchanges to accept Btc once again for traders and investors on this day therefore we expect a spike in the volume. But as i see today the price is falling down again after this development perhaps we need more patience and a little bit holding once again.
heninur

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:26:33 PM

So many people are panicking with declining bitcoin prices, especially with high-value investments, so they take a shortcut by selling their bitcoins and cause losses because they sell when cheap bitcoin prices. Actually this is normal, especially if new people start investing in bitcoin, surely they will panic because they do not know the rotation of bitcoin prices, frankly I also feel panicked and had thought to sell bitcoin, but many of my friends who suggested we should survive and wait until bitcoin prices rise again....

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
muhsyakir

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:36:49 PM

yes I agree with you. Relax is necessary when bitcoin prices go down, relaxed when things get very worrisome is very difficult, especially for beginners, sometimes this situation can release their trust in bitcoin, so someone should explain to them that something like this is common in Bitcoin, if now the price drops then someday the price will surely rise again, we just need to relax and wait a little until that time.
Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:54:48 PM

This is normal, you should see it until three or five times in the last year. Bitcoin will only go up and then continue its trajectory. I think many people are surprised how fast growth this year, but no one is sailing regularly, ups and downs. Hold back what they can say and do not change other than the word hold.  Cool
manyu22

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:18:04 PM

This is normal, you should see it until three or five times in the last year. Bitcoin will only go up and then continue its trajectory. I think many people are surprised how fast growth this year, but no one is sailing regularly, ups and downs. Hold back what they can say and do not change other than the word hold.  Cool
yes if so better we continue to monitor first, how the development, up or down we can not know its development. so we need to make a vision of the news of its development, which is growing day by day
Zalfa_mui

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:28:22 PM

Currently bitcoin is decreasing, but don't panic and the step you should do is buy the current price.Bitcoin prices will rise again in the near future ,,

goocoin

Activity: 175
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:58:34 AM

Relax is a good advice for everything that has to do with money. But it presumes that you have thought about your actions in advance. Blindly throwing money in bitcoin with the hope for profit, that is something where nobody can stay calm. In order to relax, get to know bitcoin first, invest then.

I think the reason why Bitcoin will not shrink in the short term is because Bitcoin itself has the powerful charm: First, to save the economy hit by the financial crisis; second, as a novelty, Bitcoin huge space for imagination.
Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:04:05 AM

If you listen to the 'governments are bad' side of the crypto argument for bitcoin you will see strong comparisons between the behavior of the federal reserve (Im thinking US but its kinda applies globally) and Tether (the recent news of which is driving down the price IMO). Printing money that doesnt exist in order to float something (like post GFC) when its not backed by anything. The thing is things work themselves out in the long run. So relax is good advice, forget about bitcoin for a while if its causing stress. There are tonnes of stories about people who forgot about coins and then came back years later to find that they need a bigger pool to fill with all their cash. 

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:07:44 AM

My only advise is to keep on reading the articles and they have to know on what fields they want to earn money. There are a lot of things you can do here and it depends on your skill on how you will get paid. I started with signature campaign because I don't have enough friends and followers on social media. Whichever works for them, that is what they need to study first. Know the do's and don'ts on the forum before posting anything. Avoid being banned and just respect everyone here.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Nowherman

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:17:22 AM

If you look at Bitcoin's large-scale charts, you can see that the trend for the increase continues.
There is only a correction now.

crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:22:42 AM

That's what I've been saying to all  friends asking about cryptocurrencies. Just wait and relax. You can do nothing here about BTC price!  In fact you have 2 options, first one : sell with a loss and have some fiat. Or just forget about crypto, live your life and when bitcoins is up - return and earn good profit. Like 50cent did, he just forgot about it LOL ))
MMS2017

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:30:12 AM

The best thing for newbies is to able and to have the appropriate knowledge of the crypto market and these currencies are now the future currencies. People who have knowledge of the this currencies and they are very profitable and they can become successful in the near future.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
nascrypto

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:37:40 AM

Every time a restriction comes, price starts dropping.....it really panics a newbie like me. Still I have decided to HODL whatever I have.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:00:17 AM

That's what I've been saying to all  friends asking about cryptocurrencies. Just wait and relax. You can do nothing here about BTC price!  In fact you have 2 options, first one : sell with a loss and have some fiat. Or just forget about crypto, live your life and when bitcoins is up - return and earn good profit. Like 50cent did, he just forgot about it LOL ))

Well that's going to be very hard for newbies. I mean, we've all been newbies here and a small dump then makes my nerves go crazy. What more if you've invested during the btc pump and are now looking at a 50% loss and a declining market? Though for us it would be easy to keep calm, we need to make them understand crypto before they even put money to it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
dalesotpi

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:06:32 AM

That's very helpful of you. You havey thanks.
As it stands, should any more of btc asset holders let go of their account,btc will surely progress to its demise.
But if we have a lot of asset holders with similar idea as you, then we can keep the value of btc.
So lets hold our horses guys!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: