Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 01:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Do People Desire What's Not Theirs  (Read 2839 times)
hermae

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:57:27 AM

I don't mean just seeing something nice and wanting to have something like that. Some people would not mind doing anything to take what belongs to another. Why do we have people like that?
Our mind always wanted new things, it will always want to expand and is easily bored that's why we must have the control over our mind or our mind will control us.

We desire things that we dont have , and if we have these things in our hands already, we want more. That is because it is our nature not to be contented and satisfied. Humans can never achieve satisfaction because we want more and more.
giftoflove58

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:33:18 PM

I don't mean just seeing something nice and wanting to have something like that. Some people would not mind doing anything to take what belongs to another. Why do we have people like that?

Some people want but not theirs because it makes them feel envy. The fact that having that thing that others have makes them feel secure and fulfill the feeling of having it. Insecurity and lack of self confidence are the reason why they get jealous and desire to have it. They don't feel satisfy if they don't have it.they will do their very hard to get that desire.

onur_simsek

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Pro Translation Agency, Istanbul

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:12:05 PM

logical fallacy
Jikalau

Activity: 241

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:51:24 PM

Our mind always wanted new things, it will always want to expand and is easily bored that's why we must have the control over our mind or our mind will control us.

We desire things that we dont have , and if we have these things in our hands already, we want more. That is because it is our nature not to be contented and satisfied. Humans can never achieve satisfaction because we want more and more.
that is human nature that is never satisfied with what it has. if we can not control our greedy nature. this will be dangerous for our life in the future. if we can not hold back our ego until whenever we will never be satisfied in our life, because this is the nature of all people who always want more when he already has it all.
Alghoritma

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:52:59 AM

Manusia selalu merasa iri ketika melihat orang lain mempunyai sesuatu yang lebih, ketidak puasan yang membuat kita tidak mau bersyukur dan selalu ingin memiliki yang lebih dari orang lain.
SoundChariGrabs

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:28:47 PM

being more ambitious than required is harmful to your health. rather be happy with what you have and enjoy life
VelascoMark20

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:27:44 PM

Peoples doesn't have contentment from what they have. We always want something new and finding for satisfaction. Even those rich persons, billionaires find for that satisfaction. We believe that they have everything but the nature of a human is finding what is missing to their life.
Chusnul

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:07:18 PM

People are always attracted to what they want than what they need. If in case you happen to possess something which has been there desire, it easily makes people jealous. They try to stuff you with their inferiority complex and make yourself prone to their emotions. Jealousy is common to all people. The way we hide it makes the difference. Nothing is your fault.
cr_liev

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:20:57 PM

I can only judge from the side... For example, I have this acquaintance of mine who is an orphan. As an orphan, he got the financial help from the state and got used to buying anything he wanted. Now, when he is of the full legal age, he has to work to get this money and everything he wants... Money doesn't fall from the sky anymore, but he still wants to get many things in the easy way. I'm sorry to say this, but he became a robber. He steals money and gadgets from other people, as he says, just because he wants to live luxuriously  Embarrassed
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:11:45 PM

Because covetousness has been born together with humanity. Anything that is forbidden and not theirs is good for them. I dont know, it somehow causes so much interests on a person who desire’s side. I think envy in the main reason, am not sure but it all starts with envy that your neighbor is hAving something that you dont have so you also want the same, and the ultimate action to take is to take it from them.

tseplish

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:48:19 AM

some people are used to have this illness kleptomania and it is something on psychological level, that we cannot explain, but is also difficult to treat
Dorion2124

Activity: 127

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:04:43 PM

Because they also want what others have, its not bad because they are just dreaming and whats wrong with it? If they dont hurt people its ok, just do what they need to do to get what their desire, work hard for it, there is no wrong with dreaming.
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:19:31 PM

I think those people were taken by their own jealousy. They somehow at any point believed that they supposed to have those things, that they deserved to have it than to those who have it. They were also taken by their insecurities. They always see what they don't have rather celebrate how blessed they are on what they have. We should not have that attitude. I must confess that I already experienced it but believe me, it only effects me negatively. So I tried to remove it and happily I now live without insecurities and with contentment.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
C. Bergmann

Activity: 803
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:22:23 PM

Well basically it's part of the human nature , and it's seems part of logical things that can't be explained though ,

I have this link feel free to look at , to be honest it expand my perspective on understanding why , I hope you too ,

Link :  https://www.livescience.com/1788-greatest-mysteries-desire.html

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▄█████▀▀            ▀▀█████▄
▄███▀       ▄████▄       ▀███▄
███      ▄██████████▄      ███
███    ▄██████████████▄    ███
███    ████████████████    ███
███    ▀██████████████▀    ███
███      ▀██████████▀      ███
▀███▄       ▀████▀       ▄███▀
▀█████▄▄            ▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TOKEN SALES
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Mariksa

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:11:21 PM

Because some people are greedy thats why they desire what others have. Envy and jealousy also are the one factor, they feel that they are not so blessed to have those things that they think that they deserve it. Thats why others do bad thing and force to do to have those things.
I would say that all people are greedy, not just some. Just think about yourself. Have you ever felt that you wanted to have something that another person has and you don't? Doesn't it feel unfair if your friend bought a new big house or car or etc and you can't afford it?  I think that every person had this feeling in his life at least once (but mostly even more). So we all have this jealousy inside us. As I see it, the only way to fight it is to start with ourselves. Just try to remember that every person has his own life and that we are all blessed in one way or another Smiley You just have to look at your life from the positive side and I am sure you will find those "good things"  Smiley
interknit

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:06:53 AM

Your examples are all about choices between alternatives that have different advantages and disadvantages. If you live in the city, there are a lot of things to do, better infrastructure, but no quiet and clean air. In the village, things are reversed. Obviously people want both: quiet, when they feel like quiet, action, when they want action, clean air all the time, and good infrastructure. The underlying cause is that people want both alternatives at the same time. Your question needs examples where alternatives are not the reverse of each other and not balanced regarding (dis)advantages.
acathepsin

Activity: 9
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:10:28 PM

The reason for desire or want or liking is Pleasure. Various people have various things to get pleasure: from Money, from Power, from Love etc. etc. But this pleasure is always based on comparison. For ex: I may have money, power, wealth and love. I am satisfied with all these. When I encounter another person who has all these things but with another proportion, then I tend to "HAVE/POSSESS" that. The reason could be, "THAT" appears more pleasurable to me than what I have.
vina.lugtu

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:12:52 PM

I think this will only happen if someone has something that is impossible for others to achieve. Envy can have many forms and its natural for humans to want something but not in a way that we will take something from others. Only God can explain why we still have those type of people. Maybe they create balance to our world. Evil people will always exist. We should try our best not to be one of them.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
1excel

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:22:07 PM

We live in a world where greed has become the order of the day, certain group of people think that every good and perfect gift should be theirs. They don't see why God should bless others better than them and for that matter they will go extra mile to covet what is not theirs. 1 Kings 21:1 to 20 gave an account of how King Ahab wanted the vineyard of a man called Naboth for herbs garden despite all the lands he had as the custodian of the land of Isreal.
Suprex125

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:29:38 AM

they only have desires but lack the ability.
usually this kind of thing will show up for lazy people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: