Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 01:06:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today's attack on Bitcoin  (Read 2531 times)
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:55:20 PM

This whole issue once again shows that there is nothing more than a bunch of douchebags staying behind bitcoin cash. This behaviour can be easily classify as a pure scam.

it is a free market, yeah. it is also a free world but is it ok if i buy a house next to you and start burning tires in my backyard next to your window all day long?
Your understanding of definition of the free market is wrong and it is based on statism.

Rinaze

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 04:55:49 PM

Shouldn't BTC be taking some emergency measure and decrease mining difficulty significantly temporarily for a start?

burnedbyfees (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:02:37 PM

Shouldn't BTC be taking some emergency measure and decrease mining difficulty significantly temporarily for a start?

Not really, since BCH will go up 400% tonight no need. But it also looks like BCH has now failed in it's takeover bid anyway.

But people who own mining pools who are not arseholes could probably up their game to clear transactions maybe.

Not sure anyone can really do anything about people maliciously spamming the network can they? Genuinely asking.

cryptolerant

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:12:23 PM

This is a real coordinated attack.

Roger Vermin moved 25k BTC to Bitfinex to put on a public show.

Some mining pools have ceased mining BTC and there's services asking for Bitcoin cash to confirm transaction in the case of https://pushtx.btc.com/ (try it for yourself).

$700m worth of stuck BTC in unconfirmed transactions (including $900+ of mine  Angry ).

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/700-million-stuck-115000-unconfirmed-bitcoin-transactions/

Legions of dump btc and buy bitcoin cash comments everywhere online.

And they keep trying to pump Bitcoin Cash but the market keeps telling them to "fuck off", each peak lower than before, It took me 7 tries to dump the Bitcoin Cash I'd been holding on Bittrex, so I think they may be in on it too. This is not organic it all, it's a planned coup. A few people will be like "yeah, no shit Sherlock" but many people still don't know about it.

Your comments gentleman, is there something I've missed?

The good news is the mining difficulty of Bitcoin cash will soon rise massively so they cannot sustain it for long.

Were you finally able to sell your BCC on Bittrex ?  I tried to move my Eth to BTC but it took me awhile too, the funds kept getting stuck in "reserved".  Yeah something may be fishy with Bittrex, but it could very well be the network got jammed with Korean's orders...

Yes eventually, it took many tries and many error messages.

I've been using Bittrex since early June, done hundreds (if not thousands) of trades and never seen this before.

Same here, I've done even maybe thousands of transactions using Bittrex, never had experienced anything like this. Hard to understand what is going on behind the scenes.
12asphilip

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:15:07 PM

If you check Bittrex earlier, it is very evident that the rise of BCH was merely staged and coordinated. Nothing was natural, all of it were just made for the money and not to actually support BCH. Charts would tell you that.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:18:34 PM

there are so many transactions in hold because there are too many transactions since BTC started to decrease, people are getting panic, and want to sell it higher and buy lower
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:22:06 PM

This is a real coordinated attack.

Roger Vermin moved 25k BTC to Bitfinex to put on a public show.

Some mining pools have ceased mining BTC and there's services asking for Bitcoin cash to confirm transaction in the case of https://pushtx.btc.com/ (try it for yourself).

$700m worth of stuck BTC in unconfirmed transactions (including $900+ of mine  Angry ).

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/700-million-stuck-115000-unconfirmed-bitcoin-transactions/

Legions of dump btc and buy bitcoin cash comments everywhere online.

And they keep trying to pump Bitcoin Cash but the market keeps telling them to "fuck off", each peak lower than before, It took me 7 tries to dump the Bitcoin Cash I'd been holding on Bittrex, so I think they may be in on it too. This is not organic it all, it's a planned coup. A few people will be like "yeah, no shit Sherlock" but many people still don't know about it.

Your comments gentleman, is there something I've missed?

The good news is the mining difficulty of Bitcoin cash will soon rise massively so they cannot sustain it for long.

Were you finally able to sell your BCC on Bittrex ?  I tried to move my Eth to BTC but it took me awhile too, the funds kept getting stuck in "reserved".  Yeah something may be fishy with Bittrex, but it could very well be the network got jammed with Korean's orders...

Yes eventually, it took many tries and many error messages.

I've been using Bittrex since early June, done hundreds (if not thousands) of trades and never seen this before.

Same here, I've done even maybe thousands of transactions using Bittrex, never had experienced anything like this. Hard to understand what is going on behind the scenes.

Glad to see I've not gone nuts, I think if you're Bittrex and very rich and powerful people say "I want your help pumping BCH" you make it happen, that's just my gut feeling. There's no way to prove it so I'm not gonna say for sure they're in on it, it's just highly suspicious to me that now is the only time I have this problem where I can't dump a coin for BTC.

Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:28:36 PM

Not sure anyone can really do anything about people maliciously spamming the network can they? Genuinely asking.

If somebody is willing to pay the fees it hardly can be described as a spam. Bitcoin weakness is its limited blocksize, thats why its not hard to overload the system when many try to use Bitcoin at once. Only about 300,000 Bitcoin transactions can be confirmed daily and there are estimated about 10 million Bitcoiners - but Bitcoin can still work as speculative investment only if people send Bitcoin to the exchange once in while only.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:32:20 PM

If somebody is willing to pay the fees it hardly can be described as a spam. Bitcoin weakness is its limited blocksize, thats why its not hard to overload the system when many try to use Bitcoin at once. Only about 300,000 Bitcoin transactions can be confirmed daily and there are estimated about 10 million Bitcoiners - but Bitcoin can still work as speculative investment only if people send Bitcoin to the exchange once in while only.

https://bravenewcoin.com/news/bitcoin-spam-attack-stressed-network-for-at-least-18-months-claims-software-developer/

ghostunicorn

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:34:03 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 06:34:06 PM by ghostunicorn

Very unfortunate now one of my favorite alt coins is at a low price. I do not think that this will take for long though. it will probably done within in the next 12 hours but I am curious what will happen in the next 24 hours though! how much will it go down and how many FUD's will sell. Time will tell I guess.

Roger Ver and Jian Wu are trying to make bitcoin cash dominant market. They directly try to make bitcoin cash price manipulation. And none of the traders will be fooled by them. Their money is not unlimited, but for sure, they multiplied their reserve money with the last bitcoin cash rise. I hope they live the same bad action planned by other coins' teams.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:38:09 PM

I did not hear this news about the million dollar transaction stunt ,it is a terrible stunt pulled off by the whale,i wish he losses his coins so that he wont dare to do such stunts to stifle the network,Lee and Roger had an open bet about which network will be the leader in the future and with the cancellation of the fork the default winner is Lee i guess ,will he honor that bet. Grin What ever it may be the present situation is really frustrating for everyone and it will drive people away from bitcoin.
HEWRA

Activity: 157

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:38:47 PM

Honestly, i dont really think that so many unconfirmed transactions on blockchain might mean it is an blockchain attack.
There were many times when we saw amount of unconfirmed TXID's over 100k, and in most cases that was attack indeed, like someone sending 1 satoshi per transaction few thousand times.
However we just had the all time high price of the bitcoin, so in my opinion it is mostly happening because the price was over 7000$ and it got down a lot in a short amount of time: so people started to panic and move/sell their btcs: what is the reason of such a big increase in amount of TXID's.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:42:16 PM

Btw, if like me you had a stuck transaction this fella is kindly helping to clear some for free, I have my money now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7cebtu/unconfirmed_transactions_put_your_tx_in_reply_and/

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:48:25 PM

Honestly, i dont really think that so many unconfirmed transactions on blockchain might mean it is an blockchain attack.
There were many times when we saw amount of unconfirmed TXID's over 100k, and in most cases that was attack indeed, like someone sending 1 satoshi per transaction few thousand times.
However we just had the all time high price of the bitcoin, so in my opinion it is mostly happening because the price was over 7000$ and it got down a lot in a short amount of time: so people started to panic and move/sell their btcs: what is the reason of such a big increase in amount of TXID's.

No, the reason is some of the pools temporarily switched  their hashing power, read up on it, some of these guy are true believers in BCH and have even burnt money to promote it.

https://www.coindesk.com/miners-mining-bitcoin-cash-losing-money/

burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:50:30 PM

I also have two transactions with 0 confirmation
What to do ? Wait ? Huh

Yes, unless you want to buy Bitcoin Cash to pay a ransom to get your BTC...

...but there's also the Reddit link I posted above, he helped me.

Reid

Activity: 2940
Merit: 647

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:53:18 PM

Thank God someone still understands what is happening.
We bitcoin holders dont even need to spread FUD to make bitcoin grow again.
We just let it be because we know it will not take much time and all this shit will stop.
Then we go back to our normal threads.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:55:42 PM

I did not hear this news about the million dollar transaction stunt ,it is a terrible stunt pulled off by the whale,i wish he losses his coins so that he wont dare to do such stunts to stifle the network,Lee and Roger had an open bet about which network will be the leader in the future and with the cancellation of the fork the default winner is Lee i guess ,will he honor that bet. Grin What ever it may be the present situation is really frustrating for everyone and it will drive people away from bitcoin.

Yeah it's bad, we will all lose if they keep it up. They are trying to kill the goose that laid the golden egg for the chance of more money. Short-sighted greed, same old story.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:59:24 PM

there's services asking for Bitcoin cash to confirm Bitcoin transactions in the case of https://pushtx.btc.com/ (try it for yourself).

I did not notice that before. That's so brazen it's almost funny.

This attack is so goddamned insulting that I cannot see how it could ever hope to succeed. They're building hate, not goodwill. If they want to 'win' then all they need to be is better, not absolute pricks.

I genuinely cannot think of a time when they haven't been absolute pricks. The psychology is sub playground.

Humans in general don't take too kindly to being told what to do, Bitcoiners even less so.
burnedbyfees (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:01:40 PM

there's services asking for Bitcoin cash to confirm Bitcoin transactions in the case of https://pushtx.btc.com/ (try it for yourself).

I did not notice that before. That's so brazen it's almost funny.

This attack is so goddamned insulting that I cannot see how it could ever hope to succeed. They're building hate, not goodwill. If they want to 'win' then all they need to be is better, not absolute pricks.

Humans in general don't take too kindly to being told what to do, Bitcoiners even more so.

Yeah, all involved or those I suspect but can't prove are on my shitlist, I don't have more than a few BTC but it's leaving Bittrex for sure.

typhonb

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:07:03 PM

I also have two transactions with 0 confirmation
What to do ? Wait ? Huh

Yes, unless you want to buy Bitcoin Cash to pay a ransom to get your BTC...

...but there's also the Reddit link I posted above, he helped me.

But with Coinbase I don't see Tx....
I saw that if transaction is not done after 24h coinbase refund, right ?

Thanks
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: