Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:39:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Losing faith in BTC...  (Read 5420 times)
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:27:36 PM

Let's all calm down, don't loose faith in BTC yet. This just a time of trial for BTC and surely we will overcome. BTC will bounce back sooner than we think. Keep our faith in BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:31:27 PM

Not only you I think everyone attached to bitcoin community had some similar dillema. But I thinks its a bit too early to decide the consequences and decalre bch as the king. Its just been 4 days since this has started this might just be bitcoin price correction and not exactly dump.

BTC has made it all the way until now a long journey of 9 years we need to give it some time. But yes as its always said its the survival of the fittest so if btc fails on expectations of people they will surely shift to bch.
Anarc Senior

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:38:24 PM

Who else is losing faith in BTC? I use to believe that BTC would change the world. What I just witnessed last night with BCH attempting to take over just shook my entire belief in BTC and crypto currency in general. It feels pretty obvious to me that BTC is the best thing ever and BCH is built upon greed, but I'm not entirely confident that either will win in the end anymore.

The huge boost in BCH overnight makes me wonder if anything in the crypto world is legit. Seems like everything is based upon greed. All the figure heads that are suppose to support BTC started being like "oh yeah, BCH is the new bitcoin now guys". John Mccafee (yup, the guy who said he'd eat his own dick on TV if BTC doesn't make it to $500,000 by 2020) is all like BCH is the solution blah blah blah. I figured okay, people are getting paid off to say stuff like this, he's a miner after all so he's looking for money. But then I started reading the core developer's tweets. They either don't talk about BCH, but even some of them were talking about BCH taking over.

I get that pump and dumps are going to happen, but when developers are switching to BCH this means either two things. One, BCH will become the new BTC. Two, developers are greedy and care about making money than BTC.

Another part of me wonders whether this was a pump and dump or not. Perhaps BCH really is better now.

Decentralization, limited supply, medium of exchange, store of value. These words are thrown around a lot when describing BTC, but it just seems to me that people really care only about money. When the developers are like this, that is means for worry. This means people will make changes to BTC strictly for hype to make money, even if it actually hurts the security of the coin.

The only figure head in the crypto world that I feel is trustworthy is the creator of LTC. My reasons are this:
1) He hasn't pumped the crap out of Litecoin with false propaganda
2) He was awkward on TV when talking about Litecoin
3) Intuitively seems more genuine

Last night has left me depressed all day today. I'm very bothered by this. I feel like if I go with BCH I lose. If I go with BTC I lose. I feel like BTC is the good guy and BCH is the evil guy. However, BCH might win in the end. I see possible +EV with BCH though. So last night I caved guys. I caved. I feel sad but I did. I bought BCH which I thought I would never do (I didn't sell most of my BTC, It is like a hedge I suppose). Just seems like the +EV thing to do. Couldn't figure out if it was a pump/dump or a takeover so went with my limited knowledge.

If BCH makes it to $3,000ish I will dump some of my BCH for BTC again.

I'm distraught guys and not in a good way either. I kind of feel like I might be getting played, but I might be making the right decision.

For those whose didn't sissy out and bought during the dip/ attack - CHEERS !!

Cutekittens21

Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:40:26 PM

Why is there always such panic? We are just having another correction caused by the cancellation of the SegWit2x hardfork. It is just a matter of time before everything gets back to normal. We have 180k unconfirmed transactions. Don't you think it is suspicious that it happens right after some group claimed that they have 30% of the hashrate? Bitcoin hashrate dropped almost by 50%.

If you can't handle these ups and downs, I'd seriously sell right now.
admissions

Activity: 107

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:41:33 PM

I'm only gaining faith in Bitcoin right now its been attacked from multiple directions and currently its still sky high and holding a decent price.
Sanglotslongs2

Activity: 260
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:43:38 PM

A very important thing is that Antpool (25% hash power) reward only their miner with block reward. 100% fo block free (that represent like 15% bitcoin reward) is take by ANTPOOL ! So they want to increase block size to have more fees, but they are the biggest mining pool wich take all fee. They have full bags of bitcoin I guess  Roll Eyes
uslfd

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:00:01 PM

I understand what you're saying.
Wherever there is money to be made, there is conflict.
On the bright side, anything that doesn't kill BTC will only make BTC stronger.
In this particular event, I think it urges us to rethink the future of BTC and how we, as a community should think together what sort of future we'd like BTC to have.

Don't lose faith, the moment we lose faith, we lose

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Anarc Senior

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:11:19 PM

Why is there always such panic? We are just having another correction caused by the cancellation of the SegWit2x hardfork. It is just a matter of time before everything gets back to normal. We have 180k unconfirmed transactions. Don't you think it is suspicious that it happens right after some group claimed that they have 30% of the hashrate? Bitcoin hashrate dropped almost by 50%.

Agree !

To the OP:  BTC has been battled proof and won time after time.  This past weekend is especially unique because the attach was from within - by the large group of miners and Roger Ver...

1). It appears that you have invested too much money in something that you do not quite thoughroughly understand its  potential  - too much money in something that you cannot afford to loose.  Now you are seating around sweating bullets.

2). Do yourself a favor:  Get out of the kitchen if you cannot handle the heat !
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:12:52 PM

I suspect some people are manipulating the BCH for their own personal interest. They did same thing after the August 2nd fork and BCH soared to the apex and a lot of people followed and when the achieved their aim the pulled off and the price of BCH cascaded to the bottom.A lot of traders got burnt. Same thing will play out soon. Do not panic and what you are doing is good divest a bit from BTC and get some BCH.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:16:56 PM

What I just witnessed last night with BCH attempting to take over just shook my entire belief in BTC and crypto currency in general.

One simple thing to bear in mind.

This is precisely to the nth degree how the people doing this want you to feel.

Do you want to be the marionette of a bunch of psycho autists? Does their hand all the way up your colon feel good?

I'm guessing most people resent being manipulated. In that case the best thing anyone can do is refuse to be manipulated.

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:17:35 PM

Can we put this into perspective:

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Anarc Senior

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:21:18 PM

I suspect some people are manipulating the BCH for their own personal interest. They did same thing after the August 2nd fork and BCH soared to the apex and a lot of people followed and when the achieved their aim the pulled off and the price of BCH cascaded to the bottom.A lot of traders got burnt. Same thing will play out soon. Do not panic and what you are doing is good divest a bit from BTC and get some BCH.

You really think so huh ? 😉😜. It's a very bad advice you just gave the OP -  you just said that the people are trying to manipulate the gain of BCH and now you advise the OP to go buy some BCH !!  It's like giving money to the enemies!!! Are you an idiot !!

Stop giving advice when you have no idea what you're talking about !!
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:24:25 PM

this is exaclty true !
lets trust in Bitcoin iam still holding my coins even when its not much coins Cheesy
and now there is another coin witch is >1000$ !
and bitcoin today 8% profit and bitcoincash makes -3%

regards
percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:28:04 PM

Losing faith??  Roll Eyes

Funny thing. Check market cap since last year to nowadays. It is very obvious.

BCH is pumped by Bitmain, like Dash ( to keep minimum profitability of their D3).

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:34:42 PM

this is exaclty true !
lets trust in Bitcoin iam still holding my coins even when its not much coins Cheesy

regards
If you did able to make shortings on those times on bitcoin and you have some investments on bitcoin cash then you are really making money as of now. Panic? Its normal and you cant really avoid that in the community which there are really some people who do easily being affected by emotion when they are already seeing decreasing prices they do easily panic and made bad decisions.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
J. Cooper

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

Alea iacta est

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:40:34 PM

this is exaclty true !

regards
I completely agree. If you're this emotionally unstable being invested in cryptocurrency probably isn't for you. I'm not implying that that's a bad thing but I really feel like we've just hit the top of the iceberg. Bitcoin still has an extremely long and difficult road ahead and will become stronger after overcoming every single obstacle. Right now we are seeing people who are already in the space (Ver, Wu etc.) attacking bitcoin. What do you think will happen when governments start joining the party? I think you can already picture something and it's not going to be a pretty sight.

So I think you have 2 solid options, either you take profits: $6500 is still not a bad price for bitcoin (it's not good either) or you lock away your bitcoin and try to forget about it an come back in a couple of years. This will prevent you of panicking and selling your bitcoin or buying some kind of 'bitcoin-killer' like bitcoincash.
freeElectron

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:49:36 PM

Can we put this into perspective:

Weak.

Lets look at this one instead.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-transactionfees.html
freeElectron

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:54:37 PM

Let's narrow down the OP worrisome:

Which part of of the plot below do you worry of ?

Everyone got $20 extra for every transaction fee, so lets ignore that problem.
Look over here.. I have this historical graph showing BTC price going up up up.

/sarcasm

Anarc Senior

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:02:17 PM

Enough of the " Transaction fee" already:  

Do you realize that on the fiat currency could charge up to 10% for transactions fee ?  Up to 5 days to make the money transaction ?  And the government takes note of how much money you have transferred ? And they have your name and your address in case they would like to come - to see you - to tell you that they decide to keep your money ?

Urrrrg ! Why do we waste our time with this nonsense !!
freeElectron

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:05:15 PM

Enough of the " Transaction fee" already: 

Do you realize that on the fiat currency could charge up to 10% for transactions fee ?  Up to 5 days to make the money transaction ?  And the government takes note of how much money you have transferred ? And they have your name and your address in case they would like to come to see you to tell you that they decide to keep your money ?

Urrrrg ! Why do we waste our time with this nonsense !!

Why do you compare it with crap, when there are decentralized coins much better than both BTC and fiat banks.
Yes, it might be $10 or $20 bucks today, but do you think it will just stop here?
Could be $100 within a year or two.

No problems.. lets just look the other way and sing cumbabitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: