Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:52:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5895 times)
Adrazan (OP)

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:35:46 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mashort

Activity: 281

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:40:35 AM

i believe part of the reason could be that men tend to be more aggressive and women tend to be suppressed. there is also the notion that tech in general is a man's field and also safe spaces for women in the blockchain world have not been created. also there needs to be more role models so that other women can aspire to be like them.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:41:09 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
I dont think if women interesting in this kind of work. because we know that only few used bitcoin as you say there are only 4% of bitcoin users in the world that female. i think because it is in online and they think it scam or just bored and we know that men was more got interesting in one thing if we have gain in it and we know that women was do shopping in one things before it they got interested. we male was more on the online and as an male i fond in this kind of work that female think it is boring.
Pearlfx

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:43:30 AM

I'll love to see more women embrace Bitcoin. I'm one of the few women that started early
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:46:25 AM

Men are more inclined to be adventurous when it comes to technology. Most women grew up in a society where tech is a 'guy thing', so it is not very surprising.
Momoamzad

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 09:49:19 AM

I think women are more active in their household work than online work. They find it boring . only few women are intereseted in bitcoin . men's are more active in online work. Women have more work in household and in office . they prefer office work than online work. But now a days women's are also showing interest in bitcoin sites.

kqyyzmlc

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:51:27 AM

I think that the majority of women may not be very interested in technology products.Such as graphics and group installed, mobile processors, running speed, how to use the APP more reasonable, of course, the concept of COINS, women tend not to understand, because they are more perceptual, to this kind of abstract things, probably only men will be interested.hahaha
jacabi

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 09:52:15 AM

I'll love to see more women embrace Bitcoin. I'm one of the few women that started early
That's commendable.
Adrazan (OP)

Activity: 142

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:07:42 AM

I believe most of them do not have passion for it couple with their busy lives taking care of family plus seeing to various house chores task because to me if they develop the interest in it they will equally outshine as men
Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:09:37 AM

maybe women are more into men with bitcoins
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:13:35 AM

Generally women are less involved with the IT stuffs. As we all know .. that bitcoin is about solving hard algorithms.
This is why women are not in the crypto world.
In addition, I see that women (most of them) are very scared from something illegal or inusual so they prefer to stay away from it.        
heraldlazaro25

Activity: 134

ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:16:57 AM

I think the reason why there are only few females in bitcoin is that, males are more knowledgable than females in terms of technology because they engaged theirselves more to computers and other technologies while females are busy making themselves beautiful. Also, males spend most of their time in computer thats why most of them knew bitcoin well.

8270thNinja

Activity: 210

busy in real life, long post gap is understandable

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:20:40 AM

Generally, women viewed as not to be a tech savvy type of  person. We see a rare amount of women who are tech savvy and into the likes of Cryptocurrency. Some of them are on Information Technology field but not into Bitcoin.
In my honest opinion, women are busy with their life as a mother or as a career woman. Bitcoin requires a lot of time to understand and to gain experience on it. Well, we shouldn't just view and just stop with this survey. I believe that more women around the world are in with Bitcoins.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:25:16 AM

most women do not like the work that continues to linger long in front of a computer, especially when they have children, will be busy to take care of it.
Survey some of my female friends from 10 people only 2 people who are interested in bitcoin, most of them said do not understand, difficult, boring and others.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:02:22 AM

Because most of them are not aware about bitcoin. Also, one factor is that most women are not open to embrace with what can bitcoin do to their lives. But as of now i am seeing some women started their interest and willing to learn about it, this is a good indication that in the near future number of women in bitcoin industry will rise.

Viakor

Activity: 104

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:04:38 AM

Generally, women viewed as not to be a tech savvy type of  person. We see a rare amount of women who are tech savvy and into the likes of Cryptocurrency. Some of them are on Information Technology field but not into Bitcoin.
In my honest opinion, women are busy with their life as a mother or as a career woman. Bitcoin requires a lot of time to understand and to gain experience on it. Well, we shouldn't just view and just stop with this survey. I believe that more women around the world are in with Bitcoins.

This is very true. Women are making sometimes a career but they can also be a mother too. So it would take a lot of time to understand bitcoin and it needs hard work and also skills.

Mens are in it because they like working on computers. Thats why i do bitcoin.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 11:07:09 AM

Right now this hasn't got a wide spread, also it is highly an technology based innovation. Very few women were much focused towards the technology, whereas majority has their focus towards the fashion field. Maybe in future this trend will change when cryptocurrency occupy the fashion industry.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:31:21 AM

It's a good question that why aren't more women.Actually most of the people in many country still don't know what is cryptocurrency and waht is the bitcoin.But it is bitcoin which is become popular in the modern world.Actually I think Man are more need to earn and make his life stable then women.He/she who just come across digital technology using can know well about bitcoin.In this site man are more agressive then women.Today or tomorrow he/she everyone will see Bitcoin is real money.

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:32:55 AM

I think men have more patient than to women and some reason is that they don't want this kind of way to earn money, because it takes time, though i know women who trade and use bitcoin but the number is quiet not that high. Men are more risk taker than women.
wahlburger

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:35:11 AM
Merited by rogmaks768 (1)

I do not know about that because women do not take interest in these kind of things if i am honest i would also say that this is very boring and women do not have the patience to actually do something like this because they want it fast.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: