Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:10:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5898 times)
GrandBcn

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:13:49 AM

My girlfriend hates bitcoin, since it takes all my free time. I think many of them are not interested in where the money comes from. They are only concerned with where they can be spent. Bitcoin? What? Is this a new makeup brand? I'm not talking about all women, but about the majority.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:28:51 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
Nowadays women started to open up their world on cryptos but maybe not like men who were so dedicated and interestes in this kind of job where they are looking for great success in this business,but as a woman i prefer to do online job its just need time management by doing household chores,taking care of kids and doing job in this forum because i wanted to prove that this job is for everybody and i believe that if bitcoin would be more famous and widely known well im sure there will be no more differences between men and women because every person have the same purpose to PROFIT for families sake.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:34:02 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
This is also i want to know Cheesy maybe some women prefer to work based on their course or maybe some girls did not know about bitcoins and we all know that boys is more brainy than girls so i think that is the answer. Cheesy
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 11:56:59 AM

Men are always the traditional type of person that is always looking for opportunities and that is why the population of the cryptocurrency users are more into men rather than the women and if there is women user in bitcoin then they are mostly housewives which they are in bitcoin because they want to help their husbands.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:10:07 PM

This is also i want to know Cheesy maybe some women prefer to work based on their course or maybe some girls did not know about bitcoins and we all know that boys is more brainy than girls so i think that is the answer. Cheesy
Men's brain is really bigger than women's, but it is just cause men are generally bigger than women. But let's see how many women are on a house wife role - I don't know the exactly statistic, but I think it's more than 50%.
Forex is the thing which appeared long time ago and as I know there was not so much women as well. So, it is normal situation for such things. I think this percent of women and bitcoin is going to rise with years, but not much.
Nanot

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:13:19 PM

The reason why female are less user of bitcoin than men because men can already idible to hold a bussiness because mens are too intellegence than womens when it comes in terms of holding a business and men can create more plans in able to increase a one business.bitcoin was too much wide and broader so that a good strategies are needed most of all mens state of thinking are greater than  womens so that is the main point of this topic.

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
blozo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 12:15:33 PM

Blockchain technology is very very very technical. Men tend to be more attracted to a technical world than women

Hopefully with mainstream adoption we will have more user-friendly applications that can attract a wider audience (including women  Smiley)

shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:16:26 PM

For me men are more into when it comes to the used of technology they like to explore a lot in the internet world or even find opportunities to earn here which is why men are more into bitcoin because bitcoin is one of the many great things out there in technology evolving country.

crypt -rider

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:19:03 PM

bitcoin is still a relatively unconventional currency and trading/investing space. The millenial male demographic seems to be drawn to this kind of higher risk, high reward trading.

but remember that outside of trading, the actual real-life usage of BTC will massively empower women, particularly in the third world where women are the most unbanked demographic in countries that are generally cut off from traditionally financial services.

Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:27:31 PM

Men's brain is really bigger than women's, but it is just cause men are generally bigger than women. But let's see how many women are on a house wife role - I don't know the exactly statistic, but I think it's more than 50%.
Forex is the thing which appeared long time ago and as I know there was not so much women as well. So, it is normal situation for such things. I think this percent of women and bitcoin is going to rise with years, but not much.
My opinion is that this is due to the fact that the female brain is wired differently. There are areas in which women are more successful than men. Now proponents of gender equity want to reduce the problem to simple arithmetic equality. It is not correct. Any operation requires efficiency. If a woman will have a male mentality, she always find an opportunity to apply your skills. As an example I can give that Gaddafi's bodyguards were women.
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:34:06 PM

Well I think women is not that interested in manipulating technology, well Im not generalizing it but starting up business like this is commonly suit for men who can consistently do the same thing as they used to.

jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:45:13 PM

People are giving lot's of reasons why women are seen very very little in bitcoin. Men are more tech friendly, women are not. Women are defensive, men are more aggressive in economic field, which actually implies that man are more likely to invest at risk where women aren't. But all of these couldn't justify the percentages here. Only 4% women!!! really! seriously!!! I had no idea.
perrysaico

Activity: 121

Own Your Privacy! TOR Integrated Privacy Coin

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 12:59:24 PM

Maybe because they are into different things Smiley....
I think risk-taking is not women's forte. 

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:59:52 PM

Are you asking this in the name of equality? Are you a feminist? LOL

There is nothing wrong with it, as you can see, crypto world and all IT related field doesnt really attract women attention in general

cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 01:01:28 PM

I'm sorry, but this is a stupid question. But I see you're a newbie, so... nevermind
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:01:10 PM

I think women dont like which belongs to technology. They just love simple things. Sorry, I just guess. Grin
You are right women doesn’t like bitcoin much as they love simply life daily things, and also women doesn’t go out for a job in high amount that’s why men courage to make bitcoin and the men known as satoshi I am not sure but I think he made this bitcoin so this is the best example.
gabbie2010

Activity: 2674
Merit: 326

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 08:49:07 PM

Women are unconcerned about bitcoin because they belief that it does not solve their domestic pressing issues as regards payment and mostly they belief that anything online is a scam.
To make women belief in bitcoin needs a convincing examples to show case how bitcoin is better than the current payment system.
More so women should be encourage in to tap the benefits of using bitcoin such as trading, mining e.t.c

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:59:22 PM

Women are unconcerned about bitcoin because they belief that it does not solve their domestic pressing issues as regards payment and mostly they belief that anything online is a scam.
To make women belief in bitcoin needs a convincing examples to show case how bitcoin is better than the current payment system.
More so women should be encourage in to tap the benefits of using bitcoin such as trading, mining e.t.c
Well i think it is all because of the work issue maybe some women will never really had a work at home and they are getting bored because some of the social media are getting boring when we use it everyday.Maybe because of that they are getting bored they make some kind of new thing to do such as searching some extra work online  and a kind of job that they can really do at home anf bitcoin is really fit for rhier needs because bitcoin is an extra investment with a huge return and it is challenging and interesting .
ps

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:00:48 PM

Domestic pressing issues? What are you talking about ? That's sexism I don't think that's the reason of girls/women out of BTC, they'r just focused in different things as you may know the many mens as policeman or any other proffesion.
Cyberczar

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

Crypto and blockchain writing service

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 09:22:43 PM

You have to understand that women are mostly disadvantaged in many parts of the world. It is only and a few other countries that women practically have equal opportunities and rights with the menfolks. There are parts of the world where a woman is seen as an object (or subject) meant for the kitchen or bedroom. There are others where it is a man's world and a woman wouldn't even go out to undertake any economic activities. Others still where a woman isn't permitted to even step out of the house, talk less drive a vehicle. These are some of the regional restrictions women face and which hinder their economic, academic or technological involvement in innovations such as bitcoin.

Another factor seem to be interest. Women naturally tend to go for things that traditionally are seen as feminine; cookery, embroidery, etc. while technical stuffs such as engineering and architecture are dominated by males. This may be why we are seeing less number of females involved with bitcoin.

Crypto and blockchain writing service
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: