Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:09:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5903 times)
TTITA

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 04:43:39 PM

I've had discussions with some womens in my college. They doesn't like to join discussing group like forum or similar, they said already know about bitcoins with browsing it from some web blog source and has create wallet from some web wallet such as blockchain wallet. I don't know what they purpose but as i know they have balance btc on their wallet and hold it.
In my opinion, women have a simpler mind, they are not with volatile bitcoin prices, let alone doing much more complicated trading.
Weaklies

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:26:31 PM

I think most of the women are busy in their own cultural activities. Most women are busy with the cost of buying. They usually do more than work likely in the office.There is not much idea about their Bitcoin. They do not bother much about these issues. But I think women's presence will increase gradually...
Stef9292

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:34:23 PM

there's many womens advisors on bitcoin world, the ceo of paragon for example. Maybe because bitcoin is finance and finance its just a think wich targeting mens.
furry04

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:37:43 PM

In general women tend to be less risk takers and they can`t wait for a long time for prices to go up and down resulting in a panic which prevent them into entering the btc market.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 05:39:03 PM

There are probably biases like many financial sectors but in fact I have come across many women in crypto and think more and more will join, it is not an industry that discriminates in any way. In fact there may be far more women as we do not know who holds bitcoin.

lani123lani

Activity: 719

ORBIS PLATFORM

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 06:37:12 PM

most women may be less interested in technology products, because women are more likely to not understand, a lot
Women are more active in domestic work, rather than work, onlien.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:34:10 PM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

im thinking that while there are more males, the number of females present in the space is under reported. like the coindesk demographic research that shows most bitcoiners are while, young and male. this cant be the case if only you would consider the Chinese bitcoin markets.

the media that these surveys are presented in, doesnt seem to be read by the entire community.

and there are lots of females on this board, they just dont say anything because we get pretty "bro style" around here. chcek the politics section Cheesy
elie_s

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 09:35:27 PM

hahaha this is a funny topic maybe women are after men with bitcoins

•••     BitCloud  BTDX    |    A new type of decentralized currency     •••
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
• Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    •    ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  Twitter  Github  Slack
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 05:23:04 PM

In my own opinion, the diversification, norms, tradition or culture are the factors that should consider in this question. Most of the women in the society are full time house, which is not a joke and easy job. In this type of engagement many women cannot afford to engage to this things since they have no time or they are not knowledgeable enough that is electrocurrency is all about.
most-wanted

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:04:49 PM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
I think this is not an area for women. that's not every man will figure it out and believe that it's not a fraud . I think most women are busy with their business and do not know what it is Smiley))
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:15:41 PM

Most women are not abreast of the technicalities involved in Bitcoin. Even in various universities most women are not seen in the science arena. The few of them that are interested in sciences are geniuses though.
andylioe78

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:25:31 PM

You think if women are interested in this type of work. Because we know that very few use bitcoin as you say there are only 4% bitcoin users in the female world.
btcrich

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:36:35 PM

As per me women are much more simple than men. Women have to see things with more responsibility than men. Maybe women with knowledge do owe bitcoins but they aren't that much in number than what men are.
How can anyone know the gender of any user in the crypto world,there are users around the world and is there a way to know the gender of certain users and how relevance does it have in the first place,why everyone wants to be a male chauvinist and to create a thread to discuss about in a bitcoin forum is just pathetic.
50ouncebrew

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:55:59 PM

I think there a lot of women in Bitcoin, but most women just don't care enough about this type of thing because in most places in the world men are still expected to be the main breadwinners and BTC is all about making money and developing technology and such and women are more oriented to services and taking care of the home, while men make the money.

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:24:27 PM

As per me women are much more simple than men. Women have to see things with more responsibility than men. Maybe women with knowledge do owe bitcoins but they aren't that much in number than what men are.
How can anyone know the gender of any user in the crypto world,there are users around the world and is there a way to know the gender of certain users and how relevance does it have in the first place,why everyone wants to be a male chauvinist and to create a thread to discuss about in a bitcoin forum is just pathetic.

Dude this is an amazing point. How can anyone know if there is more men or women in crypto when we cannot see the genders over a forum? For all we know, there could be more women than men. xD

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:35:52 PM

To be honest, maybe because of diversification, norms, tradition or culture they have. It’s a big factor since adaptation in the society can affects the demand from the product.
aizadelacruz99

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:44:51 PM

There are few women join in bitcoin,  because most women are busy in their work like going to their respective offices and also they are taking good care of their kids.  Thats why there are few women who joined bitcoin compare to men .
Wulanayu

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:27:17 PM

Yes it is clear because it tends in this world in demand to seek the money the men so do not deny the majority bitcoiner the men.i'm sense of male investment affairs is much more aggressive than the women.

aleksandra_kickcity

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:42:13 PM

Guys,

I am so disappointed by all of your comments. There is so much sexism in bitcoin community. And I know it from my own experience. A man just doesn't take your words seriously just because you are a woman.

That is the problem. That is why there are not so many women is bitcoin. Because they have been told that they don't need to think and they should not have their own opinion for centuries.

However, there are companies that are open to women workers. For example, the company I work in. And I am very glad to work there

romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:51:36 PM

We all know bitcoin is not limited for men only, and bitcoin can be freely used by everyone. We have our own different reasons why we have used bitcoin, and why others do not use bitcoim even though they know what are the benefits of it. I am a female and I think the reason behind these things are because discoveries from internet or any technology is usually led by men and they are more interested in it. Women have different perspectives and we don't know what run on their minds.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: