Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:37:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5903 times)
centauruspages

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:06:17 AM

Biologically speaking, men tend to be more aggressive, which is good in risk-taking, compared to woman who are more reserved and prefers to take things in a safer way.
luigidosado

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:19:34 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
Usually guys are more risk takers than girls. Usually girls does not want to settle on things where they are not sure about like bitcoin which is too very unpredictable. Most guys have more patience in understanding and monitoring the numbers on their screen to see the value of each token.

micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:24:00 AM

Not necessarily, here you can not see who the original player.
It could be here the users of women or housewives, how can you say if women are not more in bitcoin?
how do you know it? i guess you are just guessing it.
First of all transactions made with the used of bitcoin is done anonymously meaning that no one will know the real identity of someone who will make a transactions with the used of crypto-currency or bitcoin so I support your speculation. We cannot really determine the specific number of women and men who uses bitcoin in a ratio but I think it is not a problem we should look. Because that good thing is to have the support need by bitcoin and the crypto world to be accepted.
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:45:18 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
This question is almost the same with why men are better in mathematics. In order to fully understand and analyze bitcoin, it requires a lot of logical thinking and patience when monitoring the values of each different coins. Usually men are more patient when it comes to this kind of aspect compared to women. Usually men are more risk takers than women who prefer a stable and a sure thing. But it doesn't really matter what gender you are.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
panganib999

Activity: 1750
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:02:59 AM

it is easy, most woman usually dont want to take the high risks and most of them dont want to waste money investing in some coins for longterm, everything they want is a safer way to guarantee their income, not just investing big like man that can loose of their money.
I think women are more skeptic than men specially on decision making just like in life where women prefer to have more choice on a particular thing to come up with decision. So basically it is hard for them to adapt on the changes of bitcoin in terms of price and value. To most of us specially the bitcoin users changes is a chance for us to earn because it could give us profit specially when we used it in a part of our investments and tradings.
nheychan

Activity: 203
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:11:53 AM

well maybe it's because us women aren't that investing minded like men. I mean we don't grab instantly what they offer us. we always think twice before deciding what to do. like for example, when we are going out, you see we take too long in choosing our outfits, we do our makeup, we wanted to be pretty. here in bitcoin is like that too. when someone told me about bitcoin, I studied about it very hard. and i've reasearched it to know if it is true, and if it is worthy as an investment. and yeah I know I regret being late in believing in bitcoin.
Rggadi

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:15:38 AM

Solution time!

Lets heavily market crypto to all the females we know for the rest of the week.

Hey Jane, hows it going, been getting really into this bitcoin thing lately.

Tammy, you heard about this whole ethereum thing, its pretty cool.

Ect.
PIR

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:20:57 AM

Because women have already many works to do at home like household chores, gardening, cooking, cleaning, managing the house taking care of the kids and many more their days and hours spend mostly in the house and if they have spare time they would rather choose to rest and relax before going to another work again...and men usually are into this kind of technology rather than women  although they can be learn it easily but it's not their priority- family is,

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:39:22 AM

Men are more likely to take risks, and only a handful of bitcoins are discussed. Men are more active online.

Absolutely, Men are likely taking in risks because they are more knowledgable in gadgets. Though there are women who are software genious. Otherwise men are not afraid of scam they are more creative to get what's in the box.
spooneds1

Activity: 195
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:40:04 AM

Most girls have a busy schedule like doing home chores and also busy spending time on shopping, also hanging out with friends is also their hobby, i think they dont have time to do bitcoin.

NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:41:22 AM

We outnumbered females here in crypto world simply because we are more interested In stuffs about technology comparing to them. It's very obvious that almost all of them will prefer more to engage themselves in cooking, cosmetics and fashion rather than spending the whole day in the front of computer/phone to keep updated on btc's price, yet there are still who are interested in cryptocurrencies but very rare.

Though females took a very small percentage, I admire them a lot because they're telling us that they can also do what we're doing and proving that crypto world is not only limited for men.
ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:41:36 AM

Woman believe so much in physical things and they are dependent on their spouse or parents for all their needs. They do not care how things are done but all they know is to be part of the celebration. This could be the reason why few of the woman are involve in bitcoin.

PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:46:35 AM

i think because male gender is more interested in all the things especially when they got curious and because bitcoin is all about money , who will never get interested ? . We need money in our everyday life to survive . Mostly male are more attracted to money than female because female gender has less curiosity in different things unless they like them.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:49:30 AM

I have come to realize that women are avast to risk especially in the field they have never been used to. Maybe, this is the singular reason why are not not yet much in cryptoworld. But trust me, women are the greatest risk takers when it comes to their familiar field. I think they can take risk more than men

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:51:07 AM

It could be here the users of women or housewives, how can you say if women are not more in bitcoin?
First of all transactions made with the used of bitcoin is done anonymously meaning that no one will know the real identity of someone who will make a transactions with the used of crypto-currency or bitcoin so I support your speculation. We cannot really determine the specific number of women and men who uses bitcoin in a ratio but I think it is not a problem we should look. Because that good thing is to have the support need by bitcoin and the crypto world to be accepted.
thats true, bitcoin itself is anonymous so you will dont know how many women use bitcoin, calculate exactly how many female users is impossible, even in this forum is hard to calculate because gender is not mandatory to fill but I see some users who already said that they are women, but only a few, I dont know why only a few women here, even if you browse deeper only a few women in the online business world, mystery questions lol
roxbit

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:47:25 AM

thats true, bitcoin itself is anonymous so you will dont know how many women use bitcoin, calculate exactly how many female users is impossible, even in this forum is hard to calculate because gender is not mandatory to fill but I see some users who already said that they are women, but only a few, I dont know why only a few women here, even if you browse deeper only a few women in the online business world, mystery questions lol

if that is true then I want to say that I am proud to be one of the 4% of female population in bitcoin. I must say also that women are not into this because this requires a lot of time to spend in the internet. Sitting in front of a computer is not their thing. And besides they have lots of things need to be done like going to salons, going to the gym, go shopping and doing household chores. etc... but for me I find time for bitcoin even if I am busy with the other things.
Tambu

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 08:50:13 AM

Maybe women more concern of taking care of her children and leave the crypto to men.
Majority of women not really into IT so there interest in crypto is not that big.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
faadhilah

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:53:14 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact, Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

I also don't know why more men than women who use Bitcoin. I still wondering will this. Hope anyone can answer with details.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
aljun107

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:56:52 AM

Well as far as I know.Men really tend to search more about some stuffs in the internet driving them to this bitcoin.While women are more of just doing what they usually do and dont really get this far.

yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:01:27 AM

I'll love to see more women embrace Bitcoin. I'm one of the few women that started early

Good to know there are some women who are really engaged in bitcoin. Some may not be in this forum because it's a bit technical for them or maybe men are just more technical than women. Smiley
Glad you are one of the few and welcome aboard! Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: