Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:57:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5903 times)
feonaishere19

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:58:36 AM

There's a woman over here yow! Don't worry it will not be long before women rule bitcoin community have some faith will you.  Wink
minh7897

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:01:43 AM

Maybe men's are more aggressive when it comes money also men's are open minded and easy to learned, some women are doubtful the risky in investment they scared at.That doesn’t mean there aren’t women that invest in bitcoin but there is a clear tendency separating genders. This fact is not static though.
ParveZ219

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:02:16 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
Women are not interested in bitcoins..Infact they dont know about that...their motive is that their husband will earn money for them...they dont have that motive of earning money by own
lucas0909

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:08:18 AM

Well i think it is all because of the work issue maybe some women will never really had a work at home and they are getting bored because some of the social media are getting boring when we use it everyday.This may be why we are seeing less number of females involved with bitcoin.I think that's why bitcoin is not so interested in them.
uinu

Activity: 94
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:10:36 AM

Women do not like adventure, investment is at risk, bitcoin is no exception.
parweshparva@gmail.com

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:15:32 AM

This industry has just started, not many people are still aware about this industry. As the industry gets older, more people would be aware about this and that would be the time more women would come to this industry.
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:17:14 AM

Do we know exact number? I think there are quite lot women there. Roll Eyes
Hillthy

Activity: 229

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:18:03 AM

Do we know exact number? I think there are quite lot women there. Roll Eyes
I think little women learn about technology, electronic coins. They have difficulty accessing bitcoin information. They will find it difficult to use them, purses, security. My wife is impatient and does not like to invest in bitcoin.
criticalcrypto

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:20:31 AM

it's because there's no leverage by being a woman in crypto, the market doesn't care if your a woman so complaining about inequality or the wage gap isn't going to improve your investments.
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:21:12 AM

I think, this is not just happening in the crypto community or bitcoin world. because, in general, men are more encouraged to make money.

many studies have shown that women tend to be motivated to start making money just to achieve a better balance between work and family life. for example, many women begin to pursue business from home, it is because so that women can still take care of their children but still can generate income.
conversely, men tend to be more motivated by financial success in their endeavors. They start a business with a view to becoming financially independent. and if all goes well, a men is willing to work longer and devote more of their energy to their business. while women tend to be satisfied with simple success.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:29:47 AM

Usually from history of humanity , anything about working and making a living, is usually left to the confines of the men. This is one major reason that you don't find much women around the work premises compared to men.

Hence, this is exactly the situation as to the reason you don't see them much on the forum and when they are around, their commitment is usually diverted because of domestic chores plus taking care of the children.
Pulsar1x

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:36:19 AM

For women it's easier to do something else than this. I don't wanna say that baking cookies is easier for them, but guys are into crypto and they can easier find the mining equipment and do the things that are related to crypto. There are a few girls that are doing very good. Women can better setup the configuration file and similar things than most of the guys.
theaxemurder

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:00:13 AM

When FUD and FOMO hits the markets men go emotional. Woman are 10x more susceptible to emotional feelings. I dont think they can stomach the waves of this market.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:06:34 AM

When FUD and FOMO hits the markets men go emotional. Woman are 10x more susceptible to emotional feelings. I dont think they can stomach the waves of this market.

lol no, women are the ones who mostly feel emotional in any way but men are just strong type of people and doesnt go with the flow thru their emotions and in the case of fud or fomo mostly newbie or noobs will just panic whenever they heard some of it  but pro and veteran crypto enthusiast can always handle that situation by just holding on thier coins and controlling their emotions.  however i see many women are now getting involved in the crypto scene because they also want to earn money to support their kids and families.
sudhirratra68

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:08:29 AM

Generally, the boys are more technically educated than girls. Also, tech industries are inherently male-dominated for reasons that include boys being introduced to gadgets at a younger age but that is not in the case of girls. Girls are generally engaged in households business and even if they working professionals they do not have much interest in such type of online money making concepts.
Adenike

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:11:45 AM

There are alot of women, but some woman are just afraid to take risk but they never knew that they can't be rich if they don't take risk   
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:12:14 AM

Men are a bit more adventurous when it comes to investing. Some are even willing to sell everything, including the house, to invest in bitcoins.

I am not saying that it is wrong but the idea of including their houses are a bit over the top. Men are adventurous, that is right, but there are also a lot of women who are so business-minded and also adventurous as men are. It is just, in this type of industry, I think, men are a little above than women. There are also a lot of women investing and buying digital currencies, they are just not that popular and want to stay hidden and anonymous.
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:15:42 AM

I think that is only in the past. Now more and more women are getting into cryptocurrency as well. Just like here in our place. There are more women than men. Its not about the gender. Its about how we can make more money in bitcoin.

assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:18:49 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
I think there is much men here than women because for me men are much exploring the internet than women. They are much curious than women amd they are the persons that seeking and discovering for a new things. And also men are risk taker and doesnt afraid to lost something.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:30:02 AM

Number of women participating in some activity differs from nation to nation; place to place; even family to family.  In literate economically sound developed countries like Europe; women are found equally participatomg in almost all the fields.  In other countries i.e. developing countries; women residing in bigger cities are found more active in most of the activities but from smaller cities their number will be lesser.  It also depends upon the literacy ratio of the people of any third world country;  women from literate families will be participating though from illiterate families will not be participating.  Women from some religions are not allowed to play active role in work outside the household boundaries.  

So due to above mentioned reasons I think there may be difference in ratio and may be women may be holding or trading in lesser quantity of bitcoin as compared to men.  But women are progressing in all fields I can quote example of India where women are seeing progressing in all the activities and I am sure with the spread of education; their participation will definitely increase world over except in the nations where religious fundamentalist  do not allow women do anything outside their houses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: