Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5903 times)
Julia_KA

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:06:19 PM

No, no, please do a little check: I'm pretty sure that there are girls with Phd in technical or financial stuff, but it seems to me very unlikely they are all looking as Victoria Secret's model!
There is something more!

Actually, I'm really buzzed: there are so many unbelievable beautiful "girls" on twitter with all kind of crypto hashtags.
(most of them, russian)

Two possibilities:

1) they are men just trying to catch attention at any price

2) they are real girls trying to find a bitcoin millionaire.

Do you have other explanation?

Maybe they are just girls who are interested in bitcoin or more importantly blockchain? Girls who work in IT start-ups (scandalous!!!!)? Girls who have PhD in computer science (impossible?) Girls who have finance background (ridiculous?)

Check out this girl's photo in the article https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-12/bitcoin-started-with-all-men-now-crypto-is-opening-up-to-women
Not a Vicky Secret model but to me she looks very attractive. The right balance of look and intelligence:
"Others are building their first careers in the industry, such as Maxine Ryan, a half-Chinese, half-Australian 25-year-old who dropped out of university to launch Bitspark in Hong Kong, where she was born. Its ICO last month raised $1.4 million."
Sendibere

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:13:59 PM

Because women much wiser about money than men, and women cannot underestimated. The women is the handle of all want. They can manage the money even in the house. They are money keeper. And the women are more perspective on their mind.
freshm4ker

Activity: 726
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:39:06 PM

There is one explanation for this phenomenon and it is because unlike a man who always goes with news of opportunity to make money. Women are more likely to analyze and sometimes even analyze the situation when it comes to managing and investing with money. Women are less confident in money-making schemes and women are more confident in shimmering objects. Cool
MaskOffFuture

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:41:06 PM

Because women much wiser about money than men, and women cannot underestimated. The women is the handle of all want. They can manage the money even in the house. They are money keeper. And the women are more perspective on their mind.

This is the general fact for th business. You can see the same result in many fields of the companies including the most famous technology companies such as Amazon, Apple, Google and automobile industry. It's normal for me. Men are more dominant.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:00:43 PM

Men are better when it comes to innovation, a unique vision and practical application of knowledge. That's why men make up most of the technical space. Stop coercing women to scold, when they, naturally, are not inclined to it. Just because you have to be screaming when the baby cries. Cryptocurrencies have very obvious goals and identities. You either have it for them, or you do not. No one stops women to take risks in Bitcoin or crypto terminals. No one is required to attract more women to Bitcoin. 
Ianbadz2000

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:22:46 PM

I'll love to see more women embrace Bitcoin. I'm one of the few women that started early

Im a woman who starts embracing bitcoin too in my life,,,i wont hesitate to join in cryptoccurencies and how to trade someday,some woman are s uch too busy in taking care of their duties as mom or maybe a working mom,,,i am one of the typical moms but im gladly use this bitcoin as my new inspiration and wealth in life.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:34:57 PM

LoL. Good question haha
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:13:18 PM

Well, I remember a good quote by George Orwell:
"A woman's got a sort of mystical feeling towards money. Good and evil in a woman's mind mean simply money and no money."
Women are the real master of the world, so to produce money that they need for shopping, they put men to work.
Why to make an effort to earn bitcoin or whatever, when there are so many men ready to be their slaves?

viarathel

Activity: 243
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:30:53 PM

I'm a woman and first time I know about bitcoin that I think it's a man's job,besides that most women are busy taking care of children and households, and not just in the crypto world or online only but in the workplace in the real even more men who work, because in the country I still think that the task of making money is the job of a man.
nene14

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:33:32 PM

in my opinion it's probably because women are more understanding than men but now that those who participate in bitcoin are mostly women, and few men. Although we say that women are always left behind they are home to make a way to divide the family time and work on bitcoin not as men who have difficulty devoting time to bitcoin because they are working for their family. Having women to interact with other people through social media do not like men who are shy to communion people ..
morrisby25

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:44:31 PM

I am also very surprised to realize the marked absence of women in this area. However, this is not exclusive to the bitcoin ecosystem. Over the years I have been involved in multiple financial affairs or technology issues and in most of them the woman is practically absent. I do not think that this is about discrimination, but rather it seems that women have other vocational preferences, since in my country the nursing or psychology schools are filled mostly by women.
Yeah for some reason those fields are generally dominated by women instead of men, it’s pretty much just standard shit imo
piter66

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:52:02 PM

I am also very surprised to realize the marked absence of women in this area. However, this is not exclusive to the bitcoin ecosystem. Over the years I have been involved in multiple financial affairs or technology issues and in most of them the woman is practically absent. I do not think that this is about discrimination, but rather it seems that women have other vocational preferences, since in my country the nursing or psychology schools are filled mostly by women.

Maybe the business is always filled with man and because of that, the statistics is saying that there are more man that's related to cyrptocurrency. Cryptocurrency was mined through block chain and most of the programmers are man so most likely the statistics is true that more man are on the filed of cryptocurrency.
A lot of people who are labelled as “nerds” who also happen to be into cryptocurrency are generally men so it’s kinda a given
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 04:53:22 PM

If you could make a Bitcoin look like a shoe I bet it would help.  Maybe a Jimmy Choo or something like that.  

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
zzxswqq

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:04:30 PM

I think women are more active in their household work than online work. They find it boring . only few women are intereseted in bitcoin . men's are more active in online work. Women have more work in household and in office . they prefer office work than online work. But now a days women's are also showing interest in bitcoin sites.

More active in "household work?" Seriously? Well if you're getting women pregnant typically they will usually end up raising the children thus keeping them at home. Again different countries and different standards.

If you're a woman without children and without someone poking you with small fleshy objects you'll be able to focus on other things.
Generally across the world it’s largely the men who’re forced to earn for the family and women forced to raise children
jerry29@

Activity: 206
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:18:29 PM

i believe part of the reason could be that men tend to be more aggressive and women tend to be suppressed. there is also the notion that tech in general is a man's field and also safe spaces for women in the blockchain world have not been created. also there needs to be more role models so that other women can aspire to be like them.
In which century do you live!
Its 21st century. women are more dominating then men.
The reason behind this is the women love materilistic things. They enjoy what they have right now.
Men are more patient about accepting anything.
But women is setting new records everyday.
underestimating women strength will be a confliction because they can do.
The best example is J.K rowlings who don't know about her and her biography.
Harley29

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:29:24 PM

Actually, I'm really buzzed: there are so many unbelievable beautiful "girls" on twitter with all kind of crypto hashtags.
(most of them, russian)

Two possibilities:

1) they are men just trying to catch attention at any price

2) they are real girls trying to find a bitcoin millionaire.

Do you have other explanation?

Maybe they are just girls who are interested in bitcoin or more importantly blockchain? Girls who work in IT start-ups (scandalous!!!!)? Girls who have PhD in computer science (impossible?) Girls who have finance background (ridiculous?)
This all is possible because now women are more socially active than men as now women are educated and they can do all thing that a man use to do, girls are having sharp mind than men now, girls are able to serve the country they can be doc, they are teachers, they are now working in banks and a lot of other things so why they won’t use bitcoin, if they have skills and information they will use it to help her family.
sulendra12

Activity: 2856
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:00:42 PM

2000 people for survey matter isn't something huge subject to measure and it just for American only, while in Asian women also involved on Bitcoin and Altcoin community like you are already seen on ICO project these days. That you can find woman involved on those project to help develop the project.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
MWalk

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:08:38 PM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

Not sure how seriously to take this topic - and not really the original (valid) question - but most of the responses are just silly. So I'm a dude but I'm aware of many incredibly talented women in blockchain/crypto/bitcoin - and I'm proud to be working with some of the best both in terms of engineers and public relations. Our parent company's CEO is a woman - and a big supporter of women in technology - and well tbh there aren't enough women in technology in general - let alone "bitcoin".
sajjad.uc

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 06:10:41 PM

This is a really interesting question. Women are really not into cryptocurrencies like a man. Men are aggressive in nature, men like to take a risk. On the other hand, women don't like to take any risk. Women are suppressed in nature. That's the one of the main reason why women are not in the bitcoin. But not all the women. There are some women who are doing really great. Even some women are doing better than us. I personally know a woman, who is really master of bitcoin and bitcoin trading. So women are also involved in this crypto.  
corall

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:13:54 PM

I guess women will come to Bitcoin, now they do not interest so much as it is brain new thing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: