Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:34:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5903 times)
Anna567

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:36:06 AM

Because most girls actually do not like to invest, the investment risk is very high. Women value stable and do not like adventures.
thaitea.deluxe

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:08:30 AM

haha, are you sure there are no more women in bitcoin ?
my friend's wife has a bitcoin account on her.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:00:10 PM

2000 people for survey matter isn't something huge subject to measure and it just for American only, while in Asian women also involved on Bitcoin and Altcoin community like you are already seen on ICO project these days. That you can find woman involved on those project to help develop the project.
I think that in the overall amount of the users of bitcoin and also the other cryptocurrencies, it is still more men than women in ratio for comparing the numbers of both side and i think the reason is the women are not really into opportunities like this because they are more into being a mother to their child and also focusing more into jobs rather than being an opportunist.
baho11

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:18:12 PM

I've also asked this in our local forum as it is very difficult for me to find a crypto group with many female members. It is not just in crypto but in finances in general that you observe this low participation. It could be due to risk appetite as with investment vehicles. It could also be the fact that, even in this modern age, women retain home-making roles and tasks that consume most of their time. Those I know who are into bitcoin and altcoins are either already in tech industry or have partners in tech or financial industry.
Isaacck

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:42:44 PM

I think this has something to do with how a specific gender uses their access to the internet. I think there are more males that are adventurous and risk-taking than females. And women tend to spend almost all of their time online in social networking sites. It is also possible that women don't take posibilities that came from the internet. And bitcoin has a game feeling in it so, men are more hooked into it.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:50:19 PM

I think this has something to do with how a specific gender uses their access to the internet. I think there are more males that are adventurous and risk-taking than females. And women tend to spend almost all of their time online in social networking sites. It is also possible that women don't take posibilities that came from the internet. And bitcoin has a game feeling in it so, men are more hooked into it.
That is right, there is no gender preference here and we don't know how much women are here in the forum as we don't have any status or data that could give it. Actually, I have a female friend here in bitcoin and she is doing well as she can do trading as well and signature campaigns, it is really the willingnes of the people how well he/she will be here so far.
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:53:57 PM

Most women are not very interested about the technology and digital currencies but they should promote it between them

The best is yet to come!
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:54:49 PM

Well I guess men are more exposed with games and the latest update on technology.  Many men are plauing games in their computers so it is greatly affects the use pf bitcoin.  They know bitcoin from the start so I guess that would explain why there are many people who uses bitcoin are male rather than women.
klim80

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:17:53 PM

I think  women are bisier in daily routine than men. Besides the men are more patient and can concentrate better. May be it's boring a little for women or too risky. As for me, I'm interested in bitcoin and I like to spend time earning extra money.
Jjunpat

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:26:52 PM

I think men have more patient than to women and some reason is that they don't want this kind of way to earn money, because it takes time, though i know women who trade and use bitcoin but the number is quiet not that high. Men are more risk taker than women.

I do agree with you that most people dominated this line of bitcoin activities or tradings are men. A year ago I already heard bitcoin trading but I am not mindful to know about it because I have been busy of my retailer business at home and at the same time landscaping my home outdoors. Just before new year comes I got interested bitcoin because my brother told me his success in mining and trading. As women I think we can do what men are interested of but we are just more careful to take risk on anything uninformative. When I have learned some of it on how will I get started thats the time I registered but I am already a little bit late.
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:04:17 PM

This "lack of women" in bitcoin is just a local problem: like it or not, in a lot of countries women have still difficulties to access education and the internet (don't forget, there are places where they are not allowed to drive a car or to walk alone in the street...)

Where they have the possibility, women are very good traders, so I don't think there is any kind of gender problem.

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
akiraminai

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:09:36 PM

Of course women like me intends to do more like shopping and beautifying ourselves. But not me, I prefer doing things on my own, being an independent women is more profitable in any aspects that women doing make ups and not earning any. I'm just a chick wanting a brighter future on my own strategy and my own rules.
CryptoPsycho

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:21:20 PM

To be honest we don't know how many womens using bitcoins nowadays because we have no statistics. Nickname there can hide any person so better not even to think about it Grin
Julia_KA

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:47:52 PM

Well, I remember a good quote by George Orwell:
"A woman's got a sort of mystical feeling towards money. Good and evil in a woman's mind mean simply money and no money."
Women are the real master of the world, so to produce money that they need for shopping, they put men to work.
Why to make an effort to earn bitcoin or whatever, when there are so many men ready to be their slaves?

Love it! Not a bad interpretation of Orwell...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy But the part about "their slaves" is the best  Wink
Julia_KA

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:51:29 PM
Merited by QuestionAuthority (5)

Actually, I'm really buzzed: there are so many unbelievable beautiful "girls" on twitter with all kind of crypto hashtags.
(most of them, russian)

Two possibilities:

1) they are men just trying to catch attention at any price

2) they are real girls trying to find a bitcoin millionaire.

Do you have other explanation?

Maybe they are just girls who are interested in bitcoin or more importantly blockchain? Girls who work in IT start-ups (scandalous!!!!)? Girls who have PhD in computer science (impossible?) Girls who have finance background (ridiculous?)
This all is possible because now women are more socially active than men as now women are educated and they can do all thing that a man use to do, girls are having sharp mind than men now, girls are able to serve the country they can be doc, they are teachers, they are now working in banks and a lot of other things so why they won’t use bitcoin, if they have skills and information they will use it to help her family.

That's a nice one, thank you! However I bet for the ICO in your signature it's way better that crypto stays male dominated - will ensure constant demand growth Wink
Julia_KA

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:58:19 PM

Can you believe that DGX token allegedly backed with physical gold went +30% up according to Coinmarketcap while the rest is in the red zone. That's amazing how such an advanced community as crypto is still stuck to the good old gold standard paradigm. Kinda like Exchange-traded funds e.g. GLD on the classic capital market. Very surprising to see it in crypto or not? What do you think?  Huh Huh Huh

On February 2d I started this thread (bit outdated now but DGX token still doing well). It's quite a serious question and I reckon an interesting market behaviour. Comments by male dominated bitcointalk community = 0. On the same date I posted to this thread that, taking the majority of the comments, basically discusses how women are not smart and household oriented. Got several comments. Wow, boys are smart lol  Cheesy Cheesy  Kiss
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:07:51 PM

Actually, I'm really buzzed: there are so many unbelievable beautiful "girls" on twitter with all kind of crypto hashtags.
(most of them, russian)

Two possibilities:

1) they are men just trying to catch attention at any price

2) they are real girls trying to find a bitcoin millionaire.

Do you have other explanation?

Maybe they are just girls who are interested in bitcoin or more importantly blockchain? Girls who work in IT start-ups (scandalous!!!!)? Girls who have PhD in computer science (impossible?) Girls who have finance background (ridiculous?)
This all is possible because now women are more socially active than men as now women are educated and they can do all thing that a man use to do, girls are having sharp mind than men now, girls are able to serve the country they can be doc, they are teachers, they are now working in banks and a lot of other things so why they won’t use bitcoin, if they have skills and information they will use it to help her family.

That's a nice one, thank you! However I bet for the ICO in your signature it's way better that crypto stays male dominated - will ensure constant demand growth Wink

Ne laisse pas les hommes ici te déranger trop. la plupart des hommes sont vraiment stupides, surtout ceux qui sont dans ce fil.

cryptosluck

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:11:35 PM

women don't have patience in Crypto world they can't wait for a long time
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:00:08 AM

I know there are many women here. It's not just obvious to see in their names but I know that a lot of them are housewives that are looking for another source of income and they found it on bitcoin.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:48:20 AM

OMG this thread is so hilarious  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  As I girl I can say guys, though we are few here, we are still here and also making money on crypto. So please still keep at least a tiny bit of respect  Wink We are also S&S which stands for Smart and Sexy  Kiss
Was also wondering has anyone already created a dating topic in off-topic thread. Might be that crypto S&S girls could just charm you  Wink

A dating topic where crypto enthusiasts could look for their crypto-matches in the off-topic category would be quite funny, if the likely disproportion between males and females were not so big. Smiley
Actually this likely disproportion that you point out as the buzz killing factor, can actually make it sooo funny. When I get to Full Member status and have a profile pic, I'll test my theory. Just wait, soon to come a Bitcointalk Dating Thread "Find your Bitmate" ("Bitmate" stands for Bitcoin+Soulmate"). You might think it's sooo girlish to say such stuff but I'm sure some guys will go crazy. It will be like Penny appearance in the BBT effect, I have a feeling. Will keep you updated, sweety Smiley

That's a more than excellent idea, I mean that you keep me updated Wink No, I really mean "Find your Bitmate" it's a truly excellent idea, such that it is even wasted to be used just as a thread. Perhaps we should think at an app and make an ICO instead Wink In which part of the world do you live by the way Julia? If Julia is your real name of course, and not perhaps Igor or Johnny Cheesy

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: