Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:19:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5898 times)
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:40:23 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

it seems like there should be a beauty shop that sells their goods with big discounts for buyers who use BTC as a means of payment

L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:31:22 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
[/quote

I go to computer shop regularly and from where i play ladies and girls who are hooked up with the internet are more gamers themselves. DOTA2, LOL and CSgo are the usual games they are playing. None of them are engaged in forums such as these. Maybe it is a way for them to follow what is in right now.
Julia_KA

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:46:23 AM

Women are much smarter than men, so: why to make the effort to learn how to make profit with bitcoin, when they can smile to a man :-)

OK, just kidding. Women usually don't like trading because is too much like a videogame, and usually you stay alone in front of the monitor.
But I know some women that are fantastic forex trader, because they mix competence with female intuition, and have very good results.

That might be the reason why there isn't that many women in Bitcoin. Women like to spend money more than making it.

A remark: Women like to make men make money for them. And the funny fact is, it works!

It's an old story which started millions of years ago, and the proof is that men have on average more muscles than women or anyway their muscles produce more force, which proves that women don't really need a lot of muscles if they cans use the ones of the men for the crucial things like finding food, making money or moving a furniture.
Note: Muscles were very useful in the past to provide food, I have to mention that for those who spend too much time in front of their computers and would never suspect something like that.
haha, so true! unfortunately I don't think many of the residents of this forum are fit and muscled guys. Unfortunately too many people now think of their body only as a means of transportation for their head and other pleasure-delivering parts ))) Let's see, do you think there are are less or more fit hot guys in the crypto community than women? Who is a bigger minority? lol =)
futuristic18

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:00:42 PM

Before answering the question, I want to ask how you know that the person on the other side is male or female. Its crypto market and most of the ID's are not giving any clue on the gender of the user. If so, then calculating men:women ratio is far difficult.

I am here and I am sure many other females like me are here. Currently, may be there are less than men, but I Must Say there is no gender discrimination. It's just a matter of interest only.
Joyceshiroor
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:03:42 PM

Women  are not that much aware about such investment. They dont have knowledge about cryptocurrency. Awareness programs for the benifits of the women should be organised in order to boost the online business.
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:07:44 PM

Maybe because they afraid of this. Women  are not really engage into investing or something about business. Most of it are men, and they also wants to be sure on something they dont really know and they are much focus on like nursing , teacher .
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:54:56 PM

Women are much smarter than men, so: why to make the effort to learn how to make profit with bitcoin, when they can smile to a man :-)

OK, just kidding. Women usually don't like trading because is too much like a videogame, and usually you stay alone in front of the monitor.
But I know some women that are fantastic forex trader, because they mix competence with female intuition, and have very good results.

That might be the reason why there isn't that many women in Bitcoin. Women like to spend money more than making it.

A remark: Women like to make men make money for them. And the funny fact is, it works!

It's an old story which started millions of years ago, and the proof is that men have on average more muscles than women or anyway their muscles produce more force, which proves that women don't really need a lot of muscles if they cans use the ones of the men for the crucial things like finding food, making money or moving a furniture.
Note: Muscles were very useful in the past to provide food, I have to mention that for those who spend too much time in front of their computers and would never suspect something like that.
haha, so true! unfortunately I don't think many of the residents of this forum are fit and muscled guys. Unfortunately too many people now think of their body only as a means of transportation for their head and other pleasure-delivering parts ))) Let's see, do you think there are are less or more fit hot guys in the crypto community than women? Who is a bigger minority? lol =)

Well how did you come to that conclusion though? We wouldn't exactly know how many men and women are in crypto and btc. Has there been an excessive study to prove this? I think there are as much women in crypto as there are men. The major figures probably are men, but you can't say women are less interested. Crypto is unisex.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:15:21 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 04:38:01 PM by Andrej Peiboski

Well, at least after so many posts we arrived to a common conclusion: women are smarter than men!

And this is evident, as they put men to do a lot of that are useful and necessary but also are difficult and/or boring.

So I just wonder why some women - that seem very smart - lose their time writing on this thread instead to put their husband/boyfriend at work...

Ok ok, just kidding! :-)

neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:30:19 PM

Bitcoin need patient and risk to accept the earning or losing your money when you invest in btc and that two things exist in men so for that reasons we don't see more women in bitcoin
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:38:06 PM

Absolutely! Women have something more important to do than to lose their time with so low level activity.
And, as a friend of mine said, "to be appreciate as a woman in a male world, you need to make your job at least two time better than them."
And she added: "well, not too difficult..."

I can well envision a situation where some white collar woman is leading some huge office full of Bitcoin traders who are making money for here without that she has to lower herself in this den of crypto-madmen Smiley
The majority of women are not interested in new things including bitcoin, they just think practically that is by doing something that already exists, according to them bitcoin full of controversy so do not want to get involved with bitcoin.

This is why they would cleverly (and practically) use men to deal with the complications of bitcoin so that they would just enjoy the benefits. Smiley Who could ever actually blame them for that?

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:42:28 PM

Bitcoin need patient and risk to accept the earning or losing your money when you invest in btc and that two things exist in men so for that reasons we don't see more women in bitcoin

I think that there are lots of women also that are involved in bitcoin. There are just silently working, they don't just actually brag what they are doing
As for patience and risk taking, women do have that kind of attitude too! Actually,  women are more patient than men. Maybe men are just more exposed that women.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Marco Ambrusini

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:48:32 PM

There is equality between men and women in all sectors, and so is the financial cryptocurrency. But men are more likely to invest more because men are more adventurous than women so they accept risky investments with bitcoins but in return they can earn huge profits.
avoxosuccesful

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:56:05 PM

A question that i too have asked my fellow colleagues per time.but pretty much overtime now i see some women becoming interested on bitcoin.but they don't have that drive a guy has,and it came to my understanding that a guy's are the main hustlers,can go any extent to get the pay
xandra

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:45:31 AM

Maybe because men are more into technology ,they are more agressive in terms of trading but more impulsive than women.. I am a woman but i can say men are more risk taker than women,women always think the what if's ,like what if i can't do well in this things and women don't compromise things with out assurance.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Rascar Capac

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:55:09 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 03:46:31 PM by Rascar Capac

Finance is a very masculine environment, and so is crypto. Men have a very different relationship with money. Women don't run as hard after wealth as we do... But we have still some women in french section !
Crypto Vitriol

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:45:07 AM

I think that there are a lot of girls on the forum, but they don't want to reveal themselves just not to be harassed by usual stupid guys...
konfuci

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:56:55 AM

The majority of women may not be too interested in technology products. As graphics and clusters develop in clusters like mobile processors, running speed and how to use the app will make more sense. Of course the concept of female coins is not inclined to understand it. They are more perceptual with these abstract things or maybe just more interested men.    Smiley
merrillolive

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:21:01 AM

I think most women do not like the pressure, do not like risky investments. They like stable and solid work. I think that's why so few women invest in the crypto market.
Sexy_Sees

Activity: 128
Merit: 22

Life is like a box of chocolates :)

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:27:40 AM

I believe it needs a push from their spouse (or close friends) to make an investment or get interested in the whole space. This is how it most likely will start.. In my experiences it is a 'men's world'.. Perhaps it is also because it all is very emotional, what could be too much to handle for most women. Although I believe more and more women are entering at the moment. It is a movement which can not be stopped and it is a snowball effect. Where women will start, their friends will likely follow one day or another. Especially when there will be a new rise soon. Smiley
Women like money too and Bitcoin (and alctoin in particular) means money  Tongue So brace yourself! Women of the new world are coming!
Lyd

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:29:06 AM

There should be more women into bitcoin. They are capable once they get in. I think for now they are not very  interested by technology
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: