Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:57:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren't there more women in Bitcoin?  (Read 5898 times)
Ratash

Activity: 1540
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:04:10 PM

i see that women are not intrested in digital technologies an example is videogames there are less women than men in the virtual world and since bitcoin is virtual money so there are not lot of womens intrested in it .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stuffokator

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:13:04 PM

To attract more girls we need Bitcoin that can take selfies and submit them to instacryptogram.
Nyenyepogi

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:35:32 AM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why
I think bitcoin is not an easy thing for women. For men it is very difficult to understand what the true meaning of bitcoin is. I think most women would prefer to make money from real life jobs rather than work on forums like this. It's really hard for women to manage a lot of projects or profiles.
Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:02:17 AM

I guess men are more interested in the world of technology and they are more tech savvy. They are more engage with their internet for many online activities, but women now are catching up. When it comes to investments, women are simply more careful with money, that could explain their reluctance to invest in the volatile bitcoin currency.
oracleongoodbye

Activity: 623
Merit: 362

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:07:08 AM

Maybe because the man or male they have more knowledge in technology they are more active in finding new through internet. And more on female they are more busy in household and they rest or sleep in their free time while the boys thier relaxing way is to play with their gadget for online gaming  or like read news or stories about bitcoin.How they can fine extra income for their family.
YuiAckerman

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:21:29 AM

In my country (but I don't like mention it) as of now many women I've been met in telegram. But probably they have been persuaded by their friends or by their bf/husband also for learning about crypto-world. As you can see 2017 is more users to be registered than past past years and will be more users will be coming this year, I think students are more knowledgeable now in this cryto-think I must suggest.
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:28:34 AM

In my country (but I don't like mention it) as of now many women I've been met in telegram. But probably they have been persuaded by their friends or by their bf/husband also for learning about crypto-world. As you can see 2017 is more users to be registered than past past years and will be more users will be coming this year, I think students are more knowledgeable now in this cryto-think I must suggest.

The reason why there are more woman in bitcoin because woman has a lot of extra time compared to men, and mostly women have patience in doing things even if it doesn't entertain us so long us we'll be able to get something in return. We always persevere and we are good in analytical skills.
suzane18

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 06:53:12 AM

Men were early adopters in crypto world but now even women are getting into it more and more

▬▬▬▬▬  First Ever Commodity Crypto Exchange  ▬▬▬▬▬
Digital Ticks│ Public Token Sale
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:14:54 AM

Maybe most women can work in bitcoin because they are working mom on the house, so instead of cleaning they are doing a bitcoin forums to have a income and of course they will doing these especially for financial family or for paying a tuition fee of their son to do it well so keep it a good work and happy womens day...  Smiley
Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:21:24 AM

As we know that women do not like changes and new things, if the purpose for payment they prefer bank transfer or paypal, whereas if the purpose for the investment of course they prefer gold because it can be seen and used.

hoomg

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:22:02 AM

The reason why there are more woman in bitcoin because woman has a lot of extra time compared to men, and mostly women have patience in doing things even if it doesn't entertain us so long us we'll be able to get something in return. We always persevere and we are good in analytical skills.

Men are 64% more likely than women to take more risks. Many things depend on information flow. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are first popular in the most concentrated corners of the “geeks” of the technology and finance industries. These corners are dominated by men. Of course, I believe that the proportion of women in the Bitcoin industry will become higher and higher in the future.
Ravenangel

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 07:23:39 AM

Women tend to be cautious and more careful with where they put their money. most are not out and out risk takers and would rather avoid the uncertainty of cryptocurrency, some just dont have the heart to bear losses and therefore settle for less risky ventures.

Bitcoin to the moon
leonardian_project

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:19:03 AM

Tech industries are inherently male-dominated for reasons that include boys being introduced to gadgets at a younger age, leading to just 16% of computer science undergraduates being female. Despite initiatives designed to encourage more girls to code, the number of female computer science undergraduates in the UK has actually dropped in the last 10 years.
Qu33nz3r

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:57:03 AM

because women are more likely to busy at home. Smiley
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:22:01 PM

I suppose that it does not depend so very much on the gender. If a woman is really interested in cryptocurrency and has free time, why not trading? The same with men - the real interest is a rotor that makes people starting this business.
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 03:58:45 PM

I think there's a lot of women in Bitcoin, take a look on Twitter for example.  By no means is it 50%/50% though.

My organization will work with women in the field, we hope to expand opportunities for women to work with crypto assets and other emerging technology.  There are lots of great women coders.  Just yesterday I was reading a Tweet about women coders that have trouble finding an 'in' because most companies are looking for more senior positions and they're fresh out of coding training, so wouldn't be able to necessarily go straight to a senior position that typically requires work experience.

We will hire some of those junior coders (not only women, we don't discriminate), and give them experience that can be a stepping stone to other jobs.  We also plan on doing the same in our InfoSec and Ops.  We will give them experience on real-world projects.  I'm excited to be able to give that opportunity to people.  Knowledge in the blockchain field is very valuable.  We will likely send some of our best to the blockchain boot-camp that a few of the top "gurus" in the field have started to operate.

We are FAR from saturation in terms of people, projects, or potential of this new paradigm.  Bitcoin is truly earth-shattering.

Best,
Ben

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
BlackBlue

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:11:13 PM

Take a look around the crypto community, both in meatspace and online, and it would be fair to say that the majority of participants are male. This is borne out in a recent survey of 2,000 Americans which shed light on the makeup of the bitcoin space, highlighting a stark gender divide. In fact Google Analytics data estimates less than 4% of bitcoin users to be female. The question is, why?

Source: https://news.bitcoin.com/why-arent-there-more-women-in-bitcoin/?utm_source=Why

Well said, but as of today the users of female is continous to grow day by day. Male is much more interested when in terms of technology. Specially in crypto-trading.
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:19:38 PM

Here in Europe more and more women are getting interested by bitcoin and they start to join the bitcoin community. Soon we could be half men half women in the community
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:21:33 PM

I think there are plenty of womens in bitcoin but we don't see them on the surface. Most of the girls prefer to stay in the shadows when making money is real so this could be a reason but like I said , there are plenty of womens around here , we just don't know yet.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
jcpone

Activity: 685
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:07:44 PM

I think most of the women's is work with her degree. Some of them is house wife,  no time in bitcoin because they busy in caring of their children., and maybe because they no idea in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: