Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know when to sell?  (Read 3917 times)
cubevtc

Activity: 496
Merit: 250

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 06:32:53 PM

No one knows with 100% guarantee exactly when BTC's price will rise or crash. You make profit by thinking about the price possibilities and reducing your risks iff anyone know the rules 100% they never tell anyone the goldmine

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 06:35:42 PM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.
If want to make money form crypto currency market you must know about of coin market . You can get a more information from coinmarketcap . Please watch coinmarketcap for your coin knowledge then you can get a best idea when you sell or buy. we just suggest you write a note which coin you want to use for trading.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:49:00 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 02:54:22 AM by bitcad4u

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.
If want to make money form crypto currency market you must know about of coin market . You can get a more information from coinmarketcap . Please watch coinmarketcap for your coin knowledge then you can get a best idea when you sell or buy. we just suggest you write a note which coin you want to use for trading.

Bitcoin price when increased means use that time to sell and the price increase in future the value of bitcoin is increased day by day and current rate of bitcoin is $7737 so in end of this month it Cross the $10000 so now also correct time to sell the bitcoin.If you want more dollars means wait til the price reaches 10000$.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:14:17 PM

I see it will depend on your situation, if for example you were part of those people who started with Bitcoin early, like way back 2009, I think it's up to you whether you want to sell it now or still hold since you investment has already grown a lot, but if you are starting just now, I suggest now to sell you Bitcoin even if you see a bull run, since the price of Bitcoin will still go up, and you need to satisfy how much Bitcoin you want to invest and to cash in, however looking at it on a different perspective since Bitcoin will be used in the future, holding it for a long time will be very beneficial, we should not forget, that time will come when Fiat will be obsolete and people will turn to crypto currency, specifically Bitcoin for their finances, so we must save all that we can, in order to survive or at least get a head start when that time comes.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:24:01 PM

If you talk about when you are trading altcoins, then it is upto you, i dont sell my coins until i make at least a two percent or three percent. That is a fair profit for me, i dont expect to get more of that profit per trade because i dont like to be always on a risk situation, so it is better to take a little profit, instead of a huge loss.
But it is always good to have a good setup before starting to trade, i mean, before starting your daily trade or whatever your are going to do.
If you dont control it, you may lose all your funds because your emotions, like it always happens when you dont handle the price.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:26:02 PM

Basically when your purpose is to do buy and sell i suggest you not too because the fees are quite  high if you wish ti sell your orofit instead of saving then you will regret it soon like what i'd used to i sell my coins im excited because the leice increase and afraid of become fall if you wish to sell you can see the orice in the coins market which is the price is high then time to sell but you're going to wait for the orice to decrease if you wish to buy trading is mouch appropriate since you can earn prodits there to sell it soon as you have lots.
geyayy

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:27:09 PM

For me, that is the sole reason why you are in crypto world. That gives you the hype to continue what you are doing in this world, the "when to buy and to sell". You can study first the basics but when you have coins, and you observe that price is pumping, that is when to hold. And if its dumping, sell. But it all depends on you.

mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:58:01 PM

For me, that is the sole reason why you are in crypto world. That gives you the hype to continue what you are doing in this world, the "when to buy and to sell". You can study first the basics but when you have coins, and you observe that price is pumping, that is when to hold. And if its dumping, sell. But it all depends on you.
At first when you are not updated about the coins you have bought is hard to predict the price actually. Yes observation is necessary in the market of cryptocurrency. Also, be updated on the project or development of the coin you choose so you can have an idea when is the time to sell. That is normal price dump and pump, but for me never sell when you are losing wait for the price to grow and sell to take profit.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:46:11 AM

There will be no sense in trading if we all know already what to do.

Luckily not all prediction will be right. So anything goes.
You can believe someone and it might come true but there is no guarantee in it.

Maybe it will be best to just have your own predictiom rather than getting angry with someone because you believed them.
I have regrets for not selling some coins but I dont lose hope. Supporting it more could raise it if someone here (investors) saw how convincing you are.
cryptohacker76484954

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:11:15 AM

Do any of you use stop loss orders ?
TwoSigm4

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:45:35 AM

It is hard to know.

Yiu have to read things before selling or buying.
Try also puumping king Smiley

It s fun
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:53:03 AM

While others are saying its hard to tell when to sell and when to keep holding I say just follow your target. If upon buying alts or BTC, start planning or set a target on when to Sell. If you didn't do this its like setting up a business without a goal. You need to achieve something and you cant achieve anything if you don't know if you already did because you failed to set a goal for your self. Set a target on when to sell and don't forget to use stop loss in case price drops drastically.
BBang

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

AVt57CanCYTH5JTVU8AHZVEcGZgmMaVbfS

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:20:44 AM

If my tips, usually if I want to know when the right time to sell, first you have to pick the term in the market that you visit, note the price coins in the market, if many coins are still not sold below the price you are targeting for your coin , do not sell at a time like that, you have to wait, on the other hand if the coin in the market has been sold that price below your target price, selling time like that, remember do not wait for the coin whose price below your target sold out, if like it you will be caught and waiting again, if you want auction is easy, the risk is loss

Nariza

Activity: 246
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 03:28:30 AM

For me, knowing when to sell the coin you are holding if it is already increased because the main reason why we invest is to get a profit.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 07:34:36 AM

Know the latest news about the coin you want to trade.
Most pumps and dumps are caused by events that are either positive or negative for the coin.
Examples of events that cause changes in price: Exchange shutting down, countries banning ICO, meeting announcements.
Then you need to predict what effect it will have on the price.

I guess I'll have try out this information based prediction to sell if it will work.
Thanks for your time sir.
You're welcome.
I have been using it for years and noticed all big fictionalizations are based on events impacting the coin.
Good luck with trading!
I think there is no specific time for selling or buying. It is all about the demand and needs. If you have the money and want to invest in bitcoin you can buy bitcoin anytime and by this way if you have some bitcoins in your wallet and you need money for your financial problems ten you can sell them without waiting for a particular time. I will hold my bitcoins for my future dreams and not to sell them without any need.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:05:05 AM

To be honest with you, you have to learn some few stuffs about trading since it seems you have no single knowledge and markets are always different as you have to analyze the charts most times to know the exact moment to buy or not.

Simply, most people will tell you to buy at lows and sell at peaks but not that simple if you do not even know how to detect that low and how to get out if you make the wrong move.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 07:27:00 AM

I believe knowing when to sell shouldn't be a major problem because if you your point of entry into the market then you should be able to know at some point when you in profit, then you will need nobody to tell you on whether to sell or continue to hold. As a trader you will need to the percentage of profit that you want to make and the percentage of lost that can sacrifice before you start trading.
Lovemae

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:47:53 AM

Its when you know the latest news about the coin you want to trade. Then you need to predict what effect it will have on the price. Thats what actually makes trading more interesting and profitable for some people.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 10:20:27 AM

If you are talking about the cryptocurrency market then it is hard to predict the market so you cannot accurately know when to sell and when to hold. This is not like the stock market that some traders based on candle sticks or should i say technical analysis. Bitcoin is different it is very volatile, more volatile than the stock market. What i mean by this is that you cannot just simply rely on the news, if there  is going to be bad news then price will fall just like in the stocks. What i can suggest is to just put a target price, say if bitcoin falls to X amount you will be buying and if it gets to this amount you will be selling otherwise you will just hold. You'll be making more profit by doing that. Patience gets rewarded my friend.
thats the difference of long term investment or the quick money making,if the opo wanted to make just money without any high profit expectation well i can say that if the price makes over from what he bought so its the time to sell.but if he really wanted to make good profit he must be willing to wait and it comes for long term biput the earning is surely i credible than what he expected.so better he decide for what he wanted
vhiancs

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

--=oOo=--

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:12:58 AM

I can only advise you that you should always focus on or monitor the chart so you know when you can set a bitcoin at a high price. if you feel that it's high for you to sell then sell it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: