Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:50:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know when to sell?  (Read 3917 times)
Robert Ryan

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:55:40 PM

For this you have to study both technical and fundamental aspects of trading. And learning is a process. You can not do it overnight. You have to give time for it. Only technical analysis can help you but it's better if you learn both technical and fundamental analysis. By using that knowledge you can know when to sell.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:59:53 PM

That is a question one can answer by himself, if you feel you have made a good amount of profit I would sell it and be happy with the profits, if it is one of the better projects or altcoins you can hold it for a few extra months or for optimal profit a year, if the project is solid it will reach its value over time, also you can allways sell half and keep the other half, works best in my oppinion.

shekt4

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:05:52 PM

You just need to set an exit strategy, example a percentage rise you are willing to consider a gain and then you sell. be careful not to get carried away by greed
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:15:53 AM

Basically you know when to sell when the price dips down, as the rules of trading goes "buy low, sell high". Meaning you buy coins or tokens when the price is low or dumping and sell them when the price increases. It is just as simple as that, but you also have to keep an eye on when it dips and when it increases.
There is no right time for either buying or selling the bitcoin or in fact any other coin which you do have. The only thing which matters is your personal knowledge and experience. There is no point of selling your bitcoins at low price and getting nothing fruitful in the end.

We all want to make money and for that we must sell our bitcoins only at the time when its market price is good enough for making us earn money.
clarkt

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:22:53 AM

You sell when you hit your price target! I do not think that should be a brainer. Of course if you are not satisfy with the price of your coin you can hold trade it to the acceptable income you want to make on it!

Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 07:57:24 AM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.
In the crypto world you come across PUMP and DUMP in the value of Cryptocurrencies.Now we all know that we sell when the value PUMPS and buy when the value DUMPS.Whether to sell or hold depends on the altcoin you have.For example:- If you are holding bitcoin then you should ignore all the pumps and dumps happening now because Bitcoin has potential and will keep growing slowly and steadily.So we should hold and refrain from selling out bitcoins during small pumps.
Sweet_Angel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:05:00 AM

Generally people will buy when bitcoin prices go down or cheap and sell when prices are high. You need online continusly to observe the market price movements. I hope you will get big profit in tradding. Good luck.
Neerajkumar

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 09:02:28 AM

Its better to look upon the current market price before selling the btc.If the market value is low one should buy try to buy instead of selling  and  should sell when the value or the price increases.
engrlodi

Activity: 308
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:09:12 AM

Selling bitcoin is in your risk, we cannot know when will bitcoin price is the highest. But I think when bitcoin pumps just sell. It is a good time. In this bitcoin we can’t predict when the value will dump or pump, it is in your instict to know when bitcoin has a great value. Sell it when the money is enough already for you and if you think it is profitable already.

twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:33:51 AM

Selling bitcoin is in your risk, we cannot know when will bitcoin price is the highest. But I think when bitcoin pumps just sell. It is a good time. In this bitcoin we can’t predict when the value will dump or pump, it is in your instict to know when bitcoin has a great value. Sell it when the money is enough already for you and if you think it is profitable already.

You will know the bitcoin process and gather some infromation for the selling. It will helpful to gathe more profit. Bitcoin prices will be change day by day so you will know the bitcoin process. If need for the information you will know the check the market place and wallet. It good to for the future growth and gather some information. It will helpful to for the future invest.
De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:05:13 AM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

Depends on your situation, how you view it, and what you think the market will do?
Do you think it’s at the highest potential or not?
Do you think that more or less people will get involved?
Do you need the money?
Do you view this as a quick cash maker or long term investment?
Once you have a general sense of the above you’ll be able to make your decisions.
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:42:34 AM

You can tell if you are going to sell if you are already satisfied or contented with the profits that you have. Before you buy something or invest your money, you should know what are the things that you want and what are the price where you want to sell so you will not get confuse.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 11:43:37 AM

You will know the bitcoin process and gather some infromation for the selling. It will helpful to gathe more profit. Bitcoin prices will be change day by day so you will know the bitcoin process. If need for the information you will know the check the market place and wallet. It good to for the future growth and gather some information. It will helpful to for the future invest.

Selling bitcoin is fully depends on you, we can just say what will happen in future but when to sell your bitcoins that you must decide.
I will sell my coins when the price is high, and i feel it is worth to sell. And i will never sell my all bitcoins at a time. Part by part I will sell. And also I am saving bitcoins for my future use.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:04:29 PM

You can tell if you are going to sell if you are already satisfied or contented with the profits that you have. Before you buy something or invest your money, you should know what are the things that you want and what are the price where you want to sell so you will not get confuse.

Well that should be the case. Have a target but be a little flexible. Your targetay be an amount where you're already comfortable with profit or it can be a specific amount that you're willing to hold for a long time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:35:40 PM

Thats a good question, some of us want a higher profit of btc but we dont know were to up and down because we cannot control the btc but if pumps every single minute meaning it has a chance to increase or higher profit and thats the time to sell botcoin.
Yes this need to be understand by general traders that what will be the suitable time for selling and buying. Actually there is nothing like this. You can’t find any better solution to this problem. Buying and selling strategies differ from person to person and everyone have different goals. So keeping that tin mind, I advise to consult expert traders if you know, read articles and get knowledge.
xenxen

Activity: 763
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 12:48:50 PM

if you know the price is higher than to last you buy any time you can sell your coin as long as you know have a profit.. dont sell your coin if you know you are lost. its easy to know when you can sell....

███▄▄ ▀████████▄▄
█████▀ ▄  ▀███████▄
████▌ ██▄▄ ▐████████▄
█████▄ ▀▀  ██████████▄
█████████ ████████████
█████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████ ███████▀
█████████ ██████▀
 ████████ ██▀▀
  ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀██████████
       ▀▀█████▀
.GptVerse.
A Metaverse App to Shop,
Learn, Organize, and Play!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
███████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███████
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 06:20:12 PM

I always sell my coins when the price is on the all time high and i just wait for the price to go on a dip or to go down and that is when i am going to buy again. That is my strategy and it works a lot compare to the past strategies that i have been using.

There are some analysis indicators embedded to the price charts of each coin, they show the temperature of the market. For instance, RSI indicator. If it's bove 70, this mean a sell wave can hit that coin.
Not all the time on which technical analysis would really work into trading cryptocurrencies because based on my own experience they wont really tend to work out and not really reliable to be used anytime because prices wont really go as expected basing on your analysis of your technical tools this is why the market is soo really unpredictable but it s much better to have your own basis than on selling out in random moves.
The main thing is experience that bring such a guessing quality which bring perfection in work and sometime when price stay at the same value for more than two days this shows that their rising limit is here and waiting at that time is useless so one must have to sell his coin at that time and this formula is quite good to guess the selling time and I personally do the same thing to make money In the pump time.

obinine

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:41:36 AM

I think this is the reason why it is really hard to trade crypto currencies, predicting how will the price move through the year. I think if you are active to some sites or this kind of forum, it will give you some tip to continue holding it or time to give it in. But to be sure, buy bitcoin now and hold it for a long time, well, it gave some profit to some.
Yes,of course.Trading is mostly an unpredictable job.You have to surf crypto related websites frequently and be updated on what progress is happening in the crypto world so that you could get an idea of which coin is performing well and which coin has the potential to rise in future.By tracing the most under valued coin and investing in it,you could make huge profits.Earlier,traders used to predict bitcoin market by keenly watching the china's bitcoin market as it had a very big impact on the bitcoin market worldwide.But it is now no more.You can get some ideas about price increase just like CME entered the market and bitcoin price triggered.You would have to learn it from the market.
If you are doing trading with bitcoins and you have some bitcoins in your wallet then I will suggest you to hold them for right time and keep in touch with the graph rate of bitcoin as the rate of bitcoin is increased enough from the rate at which you have bought bitcoin then you need to start selling your bitcoin.
CheatingCoins

Activity: 122

Do what needs to be done.

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:47:42 AM

It all depends if you are in for long term trading or daily trading or just quick in and out. It is important to set goals. For example, at this trade in is 13k I'll get out at 15k making a bank of 1/4 bitcoin in 30 minutes. Smiley Just for rough example...

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:59:10 AM

If you know whats the right price for you or the good enough profit for you. It all has basis and this one is yours to decide. You wont know if you wont read or speculate dont rely too much on suggestions be realistic and make decissions for yourself to improve yourself.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: