Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:55:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know when to sell?  (Read 3917 times)
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:58:15 AM

Know the latest news about the coin you want to trade.
Most pumps and dumps are caused by events that are either positive or negative for the coin.
Examples of events that cause changes in price: Exchange shutting down, countries banning ICO, meeting announcements.
Then you need to predict what effect it will have on the price.
Crypto markets are high to predict and they can really bring about what is not expected. News has always helped most of the times but it is not every time you will always have news at your finger tip and most times you have to make decisions based on the activities on the charts and some expected outcomes. It is also better to find a market one understands very well before trying to trade the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sugihe

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:08:00 AM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

I think this is the reason why it is really hard to trade crypto currencies, predicting how will the price move through the year. I think if you are active to some sites or this kind of forum, it will give you some tip to continue holding it or time to give it in. But to be sure, buy bitcoin now and hold it for a long time, well, it gave some profit to some.

Regarding prediction, every prediction is hard specially cryptocurrency or other speculation or other trading so not only cryptocurrency prediction is hard. If its not hard then every body always get profit and will be rich.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:39:49 AM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

There is more than a single basis as to when to sell or continue to hold or cut loss. Some of my trades are based on signals so they have certain targets for buying as well as selling. I also have some trades that are fundamentally based on a certain announcement of the project so I would be holding it until such point when I think it is already gaining big. I also scalp at times. A 10% growth is enough for me to get out. Especially if the charts are very unpredictable.
henriquelb

Activity: 163

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:40:10 AM

Are you a Baby? Or you just do not understand what your heart is telling you to do? if you think that this is the time to sell X coin, just do it, do not wait or ask for advices, it is all on your mind.
If you want to make more money, just hold, otherwise, just sell.
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:08:33 AM

If you really know about trading about crypto then, you must learn how to look the price of which coin do you have in the market. Because this is considered required for a trader to have a knowledge what scenarios happen in the market, so that there will be no confusion on the day of trading.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:29:10 PM

Quote from: whalez link=topic=2398181.msg24520729#msg24520729date=1510591538

I've been in bitcoin for almost 8 months. I did a lot.of trading especially selling alts. I will not deny that I made mistakes selling because right after I sell the price goes so up high or if I hold its price goes down even more. It is very hard to predict when to sell your coin. We really need to analyse the market. I have friend he gained a big profit in trading. Looks like he is not sleeping just to analyse the market and find good coins. I have observe it takes time and willingness and despite of all mistakes we learn. We need to consider the supply of the coin the lowest order, consider the ICO price and many more.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
ramzhies

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:41:30 PM

i always do charts whenever the coin is losing its momentum.. u can simply look at the ticker, check ur chart so u can finalize ur exit point. dont look back. coz when u look back and u seem it is still going up, there are a lot of tendency that u will rebuy. from that moment u may be caught in a whipsaw or sudden plunge of the price
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:51:31 PM

I've been in bitcoin for almost 8 months. I did a lot.of trading especially selling alts. I will not deny that I made mistakes selling because right after I sell the price goes so up high or if I hold its price goes down even more. It is very hard to predict when to sell your coin. We really need to analyse the market. I have friend he gained a big profit in trading. Looks like he is not sleeping just to analyse the market and find good coins. I have observe it takes time and willingness and despite of all mistakes we learn. We need to consider the supply of the coin the lowest order, consider the ICO price and many more.

Yes, analyzing the market cap will help you decide when is the time you'll going to sell it. Aside from setting a target price,  there are unexpected things that may happen. Even if you keep on holding your coin and waiting for it to reach your target price, it will not guarantee you that you'll earn huge profit. There are things that you'll be forced to sell it if its price may keep on decreasing, coz you'll end up losing your money if you won't do that. The key here is to keep on updated at its price in the market because it keeps on fluctuating every seconds. You'll lucky if you can timing its price is at its highest peak.
semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:56:44 PM

I think if you always check the price of cryptocurrency every time, then you will know when the best time to sell or hold it. But keep in mind don't just focus on one source only, because if you do then you will be easily exposed to economic traps.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Ganerch

Activity: 180

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:19:47 PM

I believe that your satisfied with your profit and percentage then you can sell it. But if you hear the news or see in your analysis that there is 95% that it will increase then hold for few more days then sell it if your satified.
Despacito

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:31:12 PM

Yes, analyzing the market cap will help you decide when is the time you'll going to sell it. Aside from setting a target price,  there are unexpected things that may happen. Even if you keep on holding your coin and waiting for it to reach your target price, it will not guarantee you that you'll earn huge profit. There are things that you'll be forced to sell it if its price may keep on decreasing, coz you'll end up losing your money if you won't do that. The key here is to keep on updated at its price in the market because it keeps on fluctuating every seconds. You'll lucky if you can timing its price is at its highest peak.

Sometimes try to use economic indicators what will help you predict possible buy and sell points for each crypto coin. This is a good aspect of the indicators, but never act with them solely.
earl07

Activity: 168
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:31:40 PM

Keep monitoring for the movemens of the digital currency as you can,specially bitcoin and the altcoin etherium.This two is a good choice for holding and can be profitable when selled.When you observe a fall of the price of the coin its the right time to buy,get as much as you can and hold from the time being,wait for its price to get high the thats the right time to sell it.But as of now bitcoins value dont show of highing its running between 14k and 13k and vice versa.Etherium on the other hand is showing a good growth.Besides it up to your own strategy or plan if whats be the good way.

_$ Cheesy BAKIT SAYO GILIW Cheesy$_  
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:33:46 PM

When the price is higher or below the moving average for longer than you're comfortable with, that's when you sell. That being said there are various strategies that can be used, e.g. Buy at statistically significant troughs, and sell at the peaks, buy when trade volume multiples in a particular direction by a certain percentage etc. Best thing to do is enable bollinger bands, look at the trends and try to identify where the market is going, this works best in the short term.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
yasirsidds89

Activity: 114

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 01:41:59 PM

i will give you few advises what i do everyone has different set of mind do what you think is better.
1) Always try to buy at dips.
2) Once you bought any coin and after some times if you got more than 100 to 300% profit just take out your initial investment and play with your profit.
3) Always have a look around and do your own research while buying any crypto coin you should have to at least bid between low and high prices of 24 hour or may be more like a week.
Best of luck!
QB Horse

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:58:13 PM

i will give you few advises what i do everyone has different set of mind do what you think is better.
1) Always try to buy at dips.
2) Once you bought any coin and after some times if you got more than 100 to 300% profit just take out your initial investment and play with your profit.
3) Always have a look around and do your own research while buying any crypto coin you should have to at least bid between low and high prices of 24 hour or may be more like a week.
Best of luck!

Agree!
I would also add... less is better! Meaning trading just a 1-3 coins at a time is far better than trading 12-40 coins.
Laser focus is better than diversification.

As I always said... Diversification is a "BAND-AID" against ignorance.
yabull5

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:14:44 PM

It all depends on our strategies, in my opinion, either short/long term have their own indicators to time the exit. Fibonacci retracement and trend based-fibonacci are prominent enough as an indicator to predict the pullback or trend reversal. I've seen a lot of traders used them you should check it on YouTube it really helps me a lot mate.
Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:16:46 PM

It all depends on our strategies, in my opinion, either short/long term have their own indicators to time the exit. Fibonacci retracement and trend based-fibonacci are prominent enough as an indicator to predict the pullback or trend reversal. I've seen a lot of traders used them you should check it on YouTube it really helps me a lot mate.
that's true but not all of this indicators will go and follow it still we are clueless if it will pump or dumo after we sell. A good well experienced trader also loss so practixe and practice.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:20:27 PM

As everyone will say that don't be too greedy or else you'll just loss instead of profiting.
So just sell when you at least profited like 20% - 50% and if you can see that the coin will continue to pump then just sell the half of it and monitor closely the market.

Rnd2012

Activity: 185

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:05:14 PM

The seller he/she that one keeping monitoring for the bitcoin price when waves so the good expect for low profit and buying again for next target aim less than first
bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:44:43 PM

If you are talking about the cryptocurrency market then it is hard to predict the market so you cannot accurately know when to sell and when to hold. This is not like the stock market that some traders based on candle sticks or should i say technical analysis. Bitcoin is different it is very volatile, more volatile than the stock market. What i mean by this is that you cannot just simply rely on the news, if there  is going to be bad news then price will fall just like in the stocks. What i can suggest is to just put a target price, say if bitcoin falls to X amount you will be buying and if it gets to this amount you will be selling otherwise you will just hold. You'll be making more profit by doing that. Patience gets rewarded my friend.

Well, I somehow agree. However, it's generally hard to predict what would happen in the the cryptocurrency market with fair certainty to actually use it as a guide to know when to sell or hold. I think the better way to actually guide you is your profit goal, if you want a big profit and you see that the profit you would get from getting rid of your holding at a certain would not be enough to satisfy you, then hold it by all means. It would depend on how much capital you've used to invest in it as well.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: