Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:44:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know when to sell?  (Read 3917 times)
bismillahi

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:57:11 AM

I think most of good investment coin is always go up, like ethereum, bitcoin, bitcore, deeponion, Time to sell this coin is when you need money and that is urgent (long term investment).
Safex coin is also long term investment and dont sell it before you need it soo much, because this coin have trusted dev and great future.
Thats is some example if you want to be HODLERS

if you want to be trader, just buy when you have good rumor, and sell when your target profit reach.
so sell when you reach your target, dont be greedy.
or if you already have trusted signal, just follow it.
Nfp

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:16:30 AM

If you want to be a good trader you must keep monitoring its market value time to time, and you have to pick your target so you can find out when is the best time to sell with your bitcoin or altcoin. It consumes a lot of time so you need to manage your time very well to earn a lot of profit with it.                                                                                                                                                                   
vhiancs

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

--=oOo=--

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:03:22 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 08:15:07 AM by vhiancs

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.
like they said you must monitor the market chart time to time, hold your bitcoin for awhile until the price reached your target then you will know when is the right time to sell your bitcoin currency. but much easier to become a holder all you have to do is waiting until the price increase then you can sell your bitcoin currency.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:22:18 PM

Buy on rumors and sell on news.
Selling when the price is up and just hold or buy when its down. Very popular words like the famous quote from Warren Buffet, it's a effective way of understand on when we should sell and how to start it all over again. As for my situation, I don't have an idea if I'm about to sell or not. As long as I don't need that much money, I won't sell but if I'm in quite difficult situation that I need cash, I would sell.
That's the good way to profit, just hold when price drops. Because it'll grow, maybe it takes little more time than the predicted time scale. Else, just have a targeted price and sell when it reach the respective value. This too could take time. Whatever might be having patience unlike the fluctuations will result in profiting.
Nothing will happen if you'll just hold when the price starts to drop. But if you will not be calm and you are thinking about the price will be moving quickly down, possible that you will loss more. Having a target price of selling is also a good way to determine on when you can sell bitcoins. You must agree to yourself when to sell and that will satisfy you so that there's no regret when you sell.
Luke8321

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:27:17 PM

If you want to be a good trader you must keep monitoring its market value time to time, and you have to pick your target so you can find out when is the best time to sell with your bitcoin or altcoin. It consumes a lot of time so you need to manage your time very well to earn a lot of profit with it.                                                                                                                                                                   

Are there any apps you could recomend to watch the market and to set the target price?
hritevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:15:21 PM

Basically, the right time to sell your coin is when the price of the specific coin is high because it is a profitable way. Holding your coin is also profitable but the thing is, the risk is greater. As the matter of fact, there are lots of things to consider in order to earn money out of digital currency and it is always up to you. Monitoring and studying the market will help you a lot to be a good trader.
tushkanych

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:38:25 PM

Here very much depends on which coins you are going to trade. If you only got a token for the bounty and he only appeared on the exchange, the coin should hold long enough and the profit you will be stunning. While the popular coins to trade during peak growth or drops.
Widgetloxz

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:40:27 PM

Whales usually sell while the price is going up. They don't sell at the top all at once or it will cause a lot of panic. I suggest we follow the same thing. We sell portions of our holdings as targets are hit to seal our profits and don't regret it if price goes further up since you didn't lose at all. That's what's important.
stromae

Activity: 309

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:47:15 PM

Here very much depends on which coins you are going to trade. If you only got a token for the bounty and he only appeared on the exchange, the coin should hold long enough and the profit you will be stunning. While the popular coins to trade during peak growth or drops.

Yes but the question is detecting that drops and peaks. That's how you can turn your trading into a nice one othewise it's likely to lose money on your trade positions. That's the key here to know when to sell or buy.
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:04:53 PM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

Basic of knowing when to sell is when the coin you are holding increased up to 20% for just a short amount of time. And it's time to hold when that coin of yours is dropping. Don't panic when the coin you hold is dropping and just stay away from the charts and don't ever check the price of that coin. Do read all the time updates on different news cryptocurrency websites on what's happening in the market because it plays a big factor to the crypto market.

I like this your tactics of 20% increase then sell i guess it's a nice tactics to try out.
But what i can't afford to do is to not check charts and updates when the coin is dropping.
I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to checking charts and updates about my portfolio.
But i think I'll give it a try and see what comes of it.
Thanks for this simple advice.

I wonder is it good idea to sell a coin once it increased 20% , some coins price up to 800% and more sometimes. 20% may be safe but i think if you pay your attention for the news related to that particular coin you know what's going on and how upcoming things event the coin you can hold it for better profit.

johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:18:02 PM

What I do is wait for 25% profit and sell approximately 25% of my stack. Hold the remaining 75% till it reaches 60% or more profit. If it reaches that point then again sell another 25%. By making these slabs I will be in good profit regardless of what happens with the coin. Holding at least 20-25% of a coin is my basic nature so you may call me a bag holder now.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
cucd23

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:32:53 PM

Many People asked for Paid Telegram Groups. NO SCAM Trial 1 Month if u dont like leave Wink

I found a new paid btc bittrex channel 36 tickets for 1 month Trial.
Just test

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEy01J1ltFoApMglQg

BettingTips

Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:05:06 PM

To decide when to sell crypto, I think it is due to individual satisfaction. For example, you invest in an ETH when the exchange rate is $ 1200, expecting it to reach $ 1,500. So when it reaches $ 1500 you will sell and not hold. Many people when the exchange rate reached 1500 still not sold but continue to hold led to losses. Put a goal for yourself and follow it.

marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:32:39 PM

To decide when to sell crypto, I think it is due to individual satisfaction. For example, you invest in an ETH when the exchange rate is $ 1200, expecting it to reach $ 1,500. So when it reaches $ 1500 you will sell and not hold. Many people when the exchange rate reached 1500 still not sold but continue to hold led to losses. Put a goal for yourself and follow it.

Yes sell it when it reaches to your target price as holding at that stage doesn't make any sense as price can fall anytime and if you don't sell at the right time then you are likely to make loss by selling it at lower price so its good not to get too greedy and sell whenever its giving you good profits as you can buy it back anytime when price drops later which is likely to happen in cryptos as price stability is impossible in both bitcoin as well as altcoins.
Man21

Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:49:44 PM

That's what actually makes trading very interesting and profitable for some people. No one knows with 100% guarantee exactly when BTC's price will rise or crash. You make profit by thinking about the price possibilities and reducing your risks.

This is also something that make us as possibility speculator but not certain because we will not know for sure all thing about trading like price possibilties and reducing the risk. All just prediction.
taeewo

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:52:23 PM

I always check buy order and sell order to determine if the coin still have future.....
shiunsai

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:43:30 PM

I sell when I am making at least 10 to 15% profits either on bitcoin or on altcoins as I don't feel of holding it too long as it can be risky as price of altcoins can drop any time and if I don't sell at a right time then I won't be able to make profits any time so I keep on buying and selling my coins regularly to make regular profits but majority of times I prefer to hold bitcoin longer as its not too risky to hold bitcoins as price will keep on going higher in future.
Ashimwe

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:47:10 PM

When youve reached your target profit
01asd

Merit: 112

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:47:18 PM

I sell when I am making at least 10 to 15% profits either on bitcoin or on altcoins as I don't feel of holding it too long as it can be risky as price of altcoins can drop any time and if I don't sell at a right time then I won't be able to make profits any time so I keep on buying and selling my coins regularly to make regular profits but majority of times I prefer to hold bitcoin longer as its not too risky to hold bitcoins as price will keep on going higher in future.
I personally do not do short term trading. I only do long-term trading only, and only sell once only when the time is right. I collect Bitcoin as much as possible right now. Later I will sell when the time is right where the price of Bitcoin becomes very high and the amount of Bitcoin mine is very big to realize all my dreams. To know when to sell, is actually quite easy. There is my friend who says that the best way to trade is to buy a new cryptocurrency that is still cheap and wait for several weeks. Usually the profit will increase up to hundreds of percent. But you can also do trading by buying and collecting new cryptocurrency that appears in the market. New Coin emerging in the market usually the price will soon rise.
Crislyn4116

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:16:18 AM

If you know what is the basic candlestick you know when to sell a coin for me i love short term trading because i study the basic trading technique to know when to buy and sell

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: