Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 08:31:35 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know when to sell?  (Read 3917 times)
xxlouisxx

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:41:29 AM

Meaning you buy coins or tokens when the price is low or dumping and sell them when the price increases. It is just as simple as that, but you also have to keep an eye on when it dips and when it increases. There's no real easy way to know when it's the right time to sell or buy. You have to try to determine where the high part of a trading range is and the low part. Sometimes you have to wait a long time to sell or buy
bealjulian

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:42:05 AM

I am saying that sell it if it is not worth millions because if you money worth millions in the bitcoins you will have a long term selling time. Every after rise there will always a fall so probably sell it in a higher price before it falls. But if you do not need that much money then hold it more but to be must more secured just sell it then put it somewhere safe
boynamnhi

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:42:37 AM

The perfect time to sell bitcoin is at higher prices simply invest into bitcoin for the longer terms and when your desired prices come on the market chart simple sell those coin because waiting more at that time will lead you to the more wait for the higher time so don’t wait when the record value come and more of it bitcoin prices are bit volatile so keep on checking the prices if you really want to earn bigger loaf of profit. Choosing a selling point in this market is very important as it helps you maximize profit and minimize the risk for your investment
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:19:42 PM

I am saying that sell it if it is not worth millions because if you money worth millions in the bitcoins you will have a long term selling time. Every after rise there will always a fall so probably sell it in a higher price before it falls. But if you do not need that much money then hold it more but to be must more secured just sell it then put it somewhere safe

I don’t think anyone should be told when they are supposed to sell or when they are to buy. Everyone has a common sense, and that common sense is what tells you– this is loss and this profit. If loss seems to you as a profit, then you should sell with loss. But if profit seems to you to be what it is called, then sell whenever you think you have made profit. That is it, simple, and no need for a long talk.
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:57:05 PM

Selling Bitcoin depends on the person. You may sell it when it reaches your target price to avoid loss by selling it at lower price because it is extremely difficult to earn bitcoin in the present day.
Kocret02

Activity: 1176
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:06:18 PM

sell can be known in the market, we can sell when the price is high and improving. this time the market can be used as a benchmark when to sell before the coins back down.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Thardz07

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:35:02 PM

This is the challenges for all of the traders. There are many things that have to be considered. Holding is good but the basis of your holding is only a prediction and you have to take a risk. In my opinion, if there’s an advantages, then take it. Sometimes greediness, makes you fall down and loosing the opportunity for a huge profits.
Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:01:32 PM

It was a good question to answer, basically if you think that your investment now is higher as to you initial purchase on it then, it was advisable to sell it. But you might consider to hold it rather than to sell immediately by just hoping that it will still grow higher than normal.
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:07:34 PM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

I think to know when the right time to sell the coin is when the price is green and already get a profit up to more than 50% lest you sell cheap assets you have because it will make you lose if you sell cheap.
Panchum

Activity: 378
Merit: 55

Be Good to me!

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:14:11 PM

Can i anybody put me through the basics of knowing when to sell and when to hold?...
I actually don't know much about market rise in demand and supply and it's affecting me in daily trade of cryptocurrency.

For me its time to sell if the price is already right for you. But it's better to sell if you wait for the W pensive price of bitcoin. That's the only way you profit a big amount. But some bounty hunters who is in need will sell it wether it's too low. Because they need it for daily needs.
AngellSky

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:04:01 PM

For me its time to sell if the price is already right for you. But it's better to sell if you wait for the W pensive price of bitcoin. That's the only way you profit a big amount. But some bounty hunters who is in need will sell it wether it's too low. Because they need it for daily needs.
That's it to date, many sell Bitcoin, despite the low prices. Pay the bills every day and therefore there is no time to wait for the moment when Bitcoin will start to grow again in price. We have to be satisfied with what we have today.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
btsjungkook

Activity: 333
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:50:33 PM

when we get our target price it's the right time to sell your bitcoin
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:05:28 PM

But when the time comes, your greedy is higher than what you want, and you are convinced to keep holding for some time.

It happened to me a lot of times before, and that is what makes me lose a lot of money to be honest.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:46:10 PM

The only way to figure the right moment to sell out is the first moment when your coin is on red. I mean like it's on the raising but suddenly it becomes red, immediately sell and protect your profits.
This stragedy actually didn't work when that coin has so much waves but it's 100 safe.
michellee

Activity: 2856
Merit: 847

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:40:09 AM

But when the time comes, your greedy is higher than what you want, and you are convinced to keep holding for some time.

It happened to me a lot of times before, and that is what makes me lose a lot of money to be honest.

I have the same experience too and I think greedy is the most things that we need to control because once we are too greedy, then we don't have the opportunity to sell the coin to make money. and if we get our target price then we need to sell it and don't hold for another time because if we don't sell, the price will be down again for a long time so we need to hold again. we need to know when the time to sell the coin so we don't get trap in one coin without making money.
uyenthuy2212

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 01:47:38 AM

You should have the skill to see candle stick, trend line, support, resistent... to see when to sell.

vikl56

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:56:36 AM

I think you can analyze according to market data, and then come to your own conclusions. The timing of the admission and the timing of the sale determine how much interest you can get. This can only be judged by you. Others cannot give you specific information. s answer.
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:07:54 AM

Trading is very risky, you should know first the basics on trading. Like how to read candle sticks. When you are asking when to sell, it is really hard question. It is up to you, if I am, as long as I already have profits, I am selling. I'm not greedy at all.
richfinch

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:58:02 AM

A Strategy for When to Sell Bitcoin
By Barry Ritholtz

Running a money-management firm provides a window into the psyches of all kinds of people: long-term investors, real estate speculators, institutional traders, tech entrepreneurs and everyone in between. During any given week, I speak with all sorts of people who have capital at risk in markets. Most understand what they are investing in and why.

Then there are the folks who own bitcoin. Not on our recommendation, mind you; rather, through their own speculative urges and a bit of good luck. I have had conversations with folks who are now sitting on a huge financial windfall. Yet the sheer speed of bitcoin appreciation and the scale of the windfall have them paralyzed, afraid to make a decision -- any decision -- that might be wrong.

It isn't just that they don’t know what to do; rather they have no idea about how to approach the issue of when to sell.

First, one thing I won't do is discuss the viability of cryptocurrencies as a medium of exchange, or their utility as a way to move money in (or out) of any closed economy or black market. I have no opinion on crypto valuations. Rather, this is simply a framework for those fortunate folks who want an answer to the issue above.

To do this, let’s consider an instructive war story: During the mid-1990s, a good friend took a senior job at a tech startup that came with a good salary -- and lots of stock. The company got taken over in late 1996 by Yahoo! Inc. The shares in the startup were replaced with Yahoo stock options that had a six-year vesting schedule, with 25 percent vesting after three years and the balance vesting monthly during the next three years.

For those who were trading then, these were heady times. Tech stocks, especially the dot-coms, galloped higher, doubling and tripling over short periods. It seemed that every sale was a cause for regret, as stocks simply kept going up, up, up.

My buddy’s stock options represented a great deal of wealth. Not merely fun money, but life-altering: pay off the mortgage and the car loans, pay for the kids' colleges, fully fund retirement accounts, and still have lots left over. He could take any job he wanted for the rest of his life -- or none at all.

He was torn about what to do, and asked for some help.

My advice was not based on the dot-com bubble or the valuation of Yahoo’s stock or anything market related. Rather, I suggested employing a regret minimization framework. 1

Although any investment has a range of possible outcomes, I wanted to focus on potential outliers at either end of the spectrum. These were:

Scenario One: Hold and the stock tumbles from $300 to $30.

Scenario Two: Sell and the shares soar to $3,000.

How would you feel if either of these occurred? 2

For my friend, it was an easy decision. If he sold some of his shares and the stock went higher, he still owned a healthy slug of options. The probability of the outcome wasn't the issue; what really mattered was the potential future regret if he didn’t sell and the stock collapsed. 3

What did happen was he sold and the stock collapsed. Although he was happy with his decision, not everyone at Yahoo was so fortunate. Stories abounded of paper multimillionaires and even billionaires who saw much of their wealth evaporate in the subsequent collapse.

For those bitcoin holders sitting on a windfall, they too can employ a similar regret minimization decision-making strategy. If you are holding a life-changing pile of paper gains, consider the regrets of selling and bitcoin keeps going up, or not selling and it plunges. Which is the outcome you most want to avoid?

If you are still paralyzed, there's always the middle option: Sell enough -- perhaps half -- to become rich in reality and not just on paper; then let the other half ride. Doing this accomplishes several things: First, it locks in sufficient wealth to eliminate a lot of life’s money-related worries. Second, it still leaves you with upside if this is only early innings and cryptocurrencies keep rising. And, third, it protects you in case of a dotcom-like collapse (I know, that's impossible!). If this sounds a bit conventional, well, it might be, but look at it this way: The goal of life is not always to maximize your returns; sometime, potential gains must be balanced against the possibility of losses. That's why we need to occasionally consider minimizing regrets.

pelumischoles

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:09:55 AM

From my experience so far, i think many people do loose in Crypto-trading because of their inability to HOLD, though you could get a substantial profit if you are able to sell part of your coin immediately it gets listed on an exchange site. After selling a part, then i will advise you hold for at least 6 months before selling again, because most ambitious coins definitely pumps substantially within a period of 6 months. I hope this help?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: