Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:27:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there ever be a Bitcoin Bank  (Read 3732 times)
_Dawid_

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:10:27 AM

I think that there is an opportunity (not for centralized bank) but for an company named similar to bank where people could put their Bitcoins and pay small fee for such service. It could be usefull for people who has recently lost their money on exchange or used to forget their wallet's password.
That place should be for sure bless by bitcoin or someone who is in power to pick that institution die to not destroy the idea of crypto. Then it may works.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ashfer

Activity: 353

https://luxantdigitalbank.com/

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:11:11 AM

May be in future as you said there might come up as something so called bitcoin banks which provide loans like the credit card company but there is already a loan availing feature which is already there in the btc which means you can take bitcoin as loan but the interest will be calculated from the time you take btc as loan i think its interest rate is so high than any other lending service so its better to choose normal credit cards and bank for lending rather than taking loan from btc.As it can only be considered as a best form of crypto currency which is one of the best of investment asset.Some even think crypto exchange as banks.

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:15:34 AM

Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.

i think thats possible and will going to happen soon because as we see there were some bitcoin atm's now that automatically withdraws your bitcoin without any conversion online or using any other cashing out methods, so i think that its also posssible for them to built such atm only for bitcoins and this will totally help people who are always on the go.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2017, 10:25:24 AM

I think its possible but not feasible. The idea of bitcoin bank where an institution would lend bitcoin as services is really risky. Because bitcoin is designed in the form of trust and the greater risk is on the lender since there is no guarantee that the money would come back to the lender due to anonymity.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 11:45:50 AM

The only bitcoin bank i can think of is the regular bank which includes the possibility to move fiat to crypto and vice versa directly with them.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:56:39 PM

There is already a bitcoin bank and that is the hardware wallet that you can buy from different websites in the internet. Bitcoin doesn't need any bank because it only promotes centralization which is not a good idea to stick with because we choose bitcoin because we want a decentralization and with the different bitcoin wallets, we are already have our own bitcoin bank.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:21:18 AM

I would agree the practical uses for it are yet to be conceived of besides simply securing assets

It will be interesting to see if banks in the future will start to accept Bitcoin alongside other currencies once it becomes more mainstream

larrylegend33

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:38:38 AM

When the banks realise that BTC is killing them, they will change their minds and BTC banks will open.

Also there are BTC ATM's in everywhere, so we can easily say that BTC banks will open. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqEdBCKFPAo)
LoudA__

Activity: 241

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:46:43 AM

The only bitcoin bank i can think of is the regular bank which includes the possibility to move fiat to crypto and vice versa directly with them.

There are some banks that do that today. But there are also some exchangers who just convert the bitcoin that will be cashed out to fiat and then send it on the bank account of the sender. Bitcoin bank I think is redundant because you can be your own bank using bitcoin. Bitcoin wallets are safe if you really take care of them since it is not that easy to hack bitcoin wallets unless it is in an exchangers wallet.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:03:32 AM

when there will be a bitcoin bank then the government will inside the bank and the bitcoin system will be change from decentralized into centralized. the government will fully controlled bitcoin and we can not see our change to take a part again in bitcoin world and i think if the government is controlling bitcoin then the situation will be change. the government will do everything just to make sure that they can fully controlled bitcoin especially with the price.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:44:59 AM

Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.

Take note : Bitcoin itself is a bank

The largest face of what are you saying is the Bitcoin community back in the days where people are living here and everyone is sharing and making this community lively as they can. Making informative yet supportive, sometimes strict and funny messages all over the threads.

When you want to talk about a bank of systems (implementations of rules and regulations to have a proper approach on how to handle the trasactions of BTC) many platforms are offering that but only few have been successful so far in the industry, because they are still lacking of government support and people handling people is still a big question because BTC itself is bank that no one owns.

Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:49:41 AM

I'm not sure about this. Banks are under the power of each government of different countries. Bitcoin is decentalized so it will appear in contrast. But we don't really need banks to be honest. There are e-wallets where its users are able to store their bitcoin for a long period of time and it is more advantageous since there'll be no one to have access to that wallet except for the user itself so it is more secured in my opinion.

Laland

Activity: 317
Merit: 104

Bounty manager

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:34:36 AM

I'm not sure about this. Banks are under the power of each government of different countries. Bitcoin is decentalized so it will appear in contrast. But we don't really need banks to be honest. There are e-wallets where its users are able to store their bitcoin for a long period of time and it is more advantageous since there'll be no one to have access to that wallet except for the user itself so it is more secured in my opinion.

Not necessary because their are already a lot of affiliation with banks. The scheme on bitcoin is like a bank it self and it is even more better than banks themselves. So i would still use wallets than banks for storing. But off course in terms of buying things like cars or loans and houses. I could make banking transactions.
Hamstead

Activity: 805

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:38:53 PM

I can't really imagine of having that bank specialized only just for bitcoin. Because usually stored in banks are having a physical identity just like fiat money, valuable metals and some important documents. Having this bank(bitcoinbank) is not totally a bad idea because someday we need to secured our bitcoins. Having deposited it on the bank would be one of our options but not of being digital, maybe we should convert it first to fiat money before depositing.
golek upo

Activity: 214

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:12:10 PM

I believe it is possible but not impossible, as in my country the banks are fighting against bitcoin as it is causing many obstacles to their development.
yes the same with your opinion, in my country,  many banks who are struggling to stop the development of bitcoin. because the development of bitcoin is the main obstacle to the development of fiat money.

konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:25:51 PM

If seen until now did not rule out there will be bitcoin bank Because from year to year there are many new hunters and automatically need a place in doing all forms of transactions later to more easily and efficiently.

jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:18:03 PM

Your statements are quite confusing but in my understanding what you're trying to tackle is a btc bank but is not really a bank. But anyways, imho there will never be a btc bank because people will not entirely support it. The sole purpose of btc is to be decentralized and Satoshi developed btc to be free of a third party to in securing our money. If there will be a btc bank then the purpose of btc is lost.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Agostosmori

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:33:47 PM

This is a good idea but Bitcoin Bank should have a big difference on fiat banks, of course anonymity should still be maintained trust ratings will depend entirely on the persons account performance on a certain website or forum not his personal performance. It may be  more difficult to manage this kind of bank than the existing one.
mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:07:31 PM

in my country there is still no bitcoin bank, but if bitcoin ATM in my country already have some, and already in use, but still little available bitcoin ATM.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:12:31 PM

As much as i hate the idea of bitcoin bank, i believe there will be some in the future, although decentralized is the point of having bitcoin, some people will have the need to store their bitcoin somewhere safe. There will be one in the future but i don't know whether it's going to be popular or not.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: