Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:40:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there ever be a Bitcoin Bank  (Read 3734 times)
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:25:45 PM

Theoretically, any service online where we store cryptocurrency can be called a bank. Whenever we need to trust the third party, we are losing the basic principle of cryptocurrencies - decentralization. Or something is cryptocurrency and is decentralized, or can not be called cryptocurrency.
I can't imagine that any bank can be decentalised, so for me Bitcoin Bank is impossible.
Jambo tape

Activity: 145
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:51:59 PM

I think not because the world bank does not all recognize the existence of bitcoin one of them in Indonesia
tigermonkey

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:21:52 PM

That would be nice as users do not need to worry about storing bitcoin and can earn interest from bank.

nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:10:51 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 09:36:19 AM by nebuch

It really open my mind in awesomeness. Why there is no centralized bank that bitcoin creates.?
Maybe because bitcoin is decentralized cryptocurrency. If there will be a future bank of bitcoin it will not become centralized it will become decentralized. That will be the time for bitcoin communities to have a tax. It will affect all communities in every single transactions. Bitcoin will be considered not having its own freedom in that moment. So I think it will not happen that there will be a future bitcoin bank because bitcoin is not centralized ruled by government but it is centralized ruled by its own power.
Guryon_master

Activity: 384
Merit: 12

Student Coin

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:15:43 AM

For me that would be the downfall of bitcoin if there will be a bitcoin bank. Because the government can control it already. So the outcome will be the chance for all altcoin to replace bitcoin in its place from being the top decentralized cryptocurrency.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
bots1

Activity: 929
Merit: 274

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:21:58 AM

Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.

it seems the bank will not use bitcoin but will use bitcoin technology because it is safer and more open the possibility of banks will work with altcoin that has a very large supply availability.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:56:19 AM

Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.
In many countries Bitcoin has not been accepted as a currency because they only consider Bitcoin as a commodity and some places they consider Bitcoin as gambling and do not accept it, so having a Bitcoin Bank is very difficult to implement, I also look forward in the future there will be a Bitcoin bank

BabyBoss

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:06:42 AM

In many countries Bitcoin has not been accepted as a currency because they only consider Bitcoin as a commodity and some places they consider Bitcoin as gambling and do not accept it, so having a Bitcoin Bank is very difficult to implement, I also look forward in the future there will be a Bitcoin bank
Yes especially I think in US because there are time that I have my conversation with my aunt and she ask me what is my work now and I said I have some sideline job and it is bitcoin and she said that bitcoin is scam they only tricking people for their own benefits and so on and so forth. So, some of the American thinking that bitcoin is like that without even knowing that it's so beneficial. Like US they don't accept bitcoin as payments so they are much more prefered on banks.
biboy

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:36:33 AM

Yes especially I think in US because there are time that I have my conversation with my aunt and she ask me what is my work now and I said I have some sideline job and it is bitcoin and she said that bitcoin is scam they only tricking people for their own benefits and so on and so forth. So, some of the American thinking that bitcoin is like that without even knowing that it's so beneficial. Like US they don't accept bitcoin as payments so they are much more prefered on banks.
When the US will have the chance to open a bitcoin bank for sure other countries will be able to open for this kind of opportunity as well, so for me it will be a great start for bitcoin to be able to become the great crypto of all time and eventually a lot of investors and countries will finally adapt it.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:44:36 AM

Though bitcoin was introduced to reduce or eliminate banking operations from life of common man`s life, it is not made to eliminate banks. Banks and bitcoin are two separate entities. Banks have many functions to do. Bitcoin is a currency and a good investment asset. All above that all banks are centralised in nature controlled and sometimes manipulated by its regulating authority. Bitcoin is purely decentralised, autonomous currency owned by no one. If bitcoin starts as a bank it will lose its centralised nature. This may affect its popularity and have bad impact on its investments.
adiksau0414

Activity: 462

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:15:24 PM

Theres an endless possibility about bitcoin have a bank. As of some country have their own bitcoin atm's sot bank is almost in our reach. But bitcoin is created to use online and as a trading thing. Banks is just around the corner to reach our goals to encash our bitcoin. If bitcoin has its own bank, the possibilty of all transaction will be keep in track, must be in order. All the bitcoin you have will be listed in all the banks and the government might have the interest of putting a big tax on it. Also, bitcoin is volatile, banks will be having additional work in adjusting your account every now an then

CherRic

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:32:54 PM

There are already existing banks for Bitcoin, it is our wallet. It serves as our bank because you can store or deposit your bitcoin in it, you can withdraww it anytime and you can invest it for gains or profits. The thing is, if physical bank for bitcoin, it is impossible because Bitcoin is for digital world, so maybe, Digital Banks for Bitcoin may exist very soon.
Indesses

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:43:17 PM

bitcoin create to make direct deals between every money over world so it is complete and more than just bank.
banks will disappear in future
Bestfriendko

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:56:29 PM

Very much highly unlikely. First of all we all know that the good thing about bitcoin is that it is highly decentralized. They are issued and managed without any central authority whatsoever: there is no government, company, or bank in charge of Bitcoin. As such, it is more resistant to wild inflation and corrupt banks. With Bitcoin, you can be your own bank.
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:45:53 PM

The existing monetary system is called the credit and financial system.
Its functioning is not possible without banks. A decentralized system of crypto-economics destroys intermediaries, creating chains of P2P services.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:17:27 PM

With bitcoin you do not need a bitcoin bank because there is no need for that. Bitcoin's advantage over the fiat currency is that it has improve on it. Getting a bitcoin bank is like back sliding. Why will you need a bank when you can manage your resources better.
Famnant

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:27:22 PM

I don't think that there will ever be a Bitcoin Bank because Banks are centralized but Bitcoins are not. And i would say that bitcoin is against the concept of banks.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:47:24 PM

Something centralized? It doesn't fit bitcoin if that bank is going to be ever be a centralized one. There can be a bank which what they do is focused on bitcoin and other popular altcoins as well, no fiat system involved and just a whole crypto bank. I don't know if there is already one existing but this is possible in the future if companies who are dedicated and amazed with bitcoin will start it.
petrov trevor

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:59:33 PM

Why want a bank of a product completely decentralize? more secure wallets are there for that!
Potatohead

Activity: 353

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:01:39 PM

Well I guess it would be great if there would be a bitcoin bank were you can directly and securely store your bitcoin in a bank. It would be convenient for those people who usually buy or convert money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: