Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:02:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will there ever be a Bitcoin Bank  (Read 3734 times)
kkukkugaga

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:20:13 AM

I think btc bank is possible but for sure there will be some difficulties. As for now, having 'bitcoin bank' is somehow enough, but in my opinion, some btc bank are not secured. Unlike mew, where only you can access your account. I think the purpose of us having bank accounts or wallet is to secure our money.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:33:34 AM

Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.
i dont think that banks for crypto is necessary since our wallet and storages are the banks for our funds,why will be needing banks to store our investments when we are more secured on ours now?no this will never happen,the anonymity and privacy that we are having now is enough for the offers banks can give
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:43:10 AM

Bitcoin bank? Like where you can store your bitcoin safely and earn interest? I wouldn't think so. Your bitcoin is already "relatively" safe in your wallet if you follow security precautions. And online wallets like coinbase, blockchain and others already act like banks where you can store your coins. There are already bitcoin lenders also. I don't see the need for a bitcoin bank.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:48:06 AM

Bitcoin Bank could be possible that would depend on who is going to build and invest in having a bitcoin bank. But I think for now that it is better for us to manage our coin holdings in on our own safe’s to secure our investments because banks would only use our investments to outgrow their investments i hope you see what i mean. So for our holdings to be safe better yet we secure it between ourselves.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:00:50 AM

The idea of having a Bitcoin bank is something that is not impossible but I think it is very unlikely yo happen. One of the reasons is Bitcoin is decentralized and that is one of the best features of Bitcoin, one that makes it unique, trustworthy and successful. Having a Bitcoin back will defeats that, that is why I believe that idea is possible but unlikely to happen.
I heard that bitcoin banks are already realizing? http://kryptomoney.com/worlds-first-bitcoin-bank/
it means this idea is very possible in apply, bitcoin banks only need identity of the user to be a customer of the bank, I know that bitcoin is decentralized but you see how the exchange site gives the option to verify so users get additional facilities, isnt decentralization gone from it? I think bitcoin banks will also do the same,
snowwyjonny

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:12:18 AM

Banking currency means the government will have a control to it, since the government sees the cryptocurrency a threat may that would not be a good option. This back currencies are centralized, so why would we want a decentralized coin to be bentralized coin.
tannerchum

Activity: 350

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:32:47 AM

Does anyone on here think that there is ever going to be Bitcoin Bank, be it something which is centralized or something which isn't really doesn't matter. But I'd think of this as a company, or a union (like one of those credit union banks) where loans would be given out to people with trust, money is held, and so on and so forth.

I know many think that they can escape banks, but they are insanely helpful and trustworthy for many everyday people who we'd want to join into the BTC community.
I believe it is possible but not impossible, as in my country the banks are fighting against bitcoin as it is causing many obstacles to their development.

For me it can be, and it is possible too. Soon that wll be happen because their is no impossible in bitcoin. It is good to hear that there will be a bitcoin bank for the bitcoiner. Maybe at that time the government will enter and recognize the world of bitcoin and for them to gain and earn that adds the income of the economy. The cryptocurrencies also will high the value of the price.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
nazaididuan1

Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:44:43 AM

I think it's very difficult to have a BTC bank.

Because the digital encryption world has no way to build a credit system!

Because people who trade are anonymous and scattered around the world! If the BTC loan does not return, it is very difficult to punish them!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:49:23 AM

I dont thing so, bitcoin is the one causing the banks to be useless, so there will be no need for a banks for bitcoin, it needs no bank to survive, if bitcoin grew and the wolrld relay on it, then it will be the time that banks are extinct,
Hirameki

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 05:49:29 AM

As long as there will be someone who will sponsor it and support it, it is possible, but what is its purpose anyway? A coin app serves as our personal acct or a personal bank that stores our coin etc.

nmax21

Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:05:05 AM

I do not think that creating a large bank for bitcoin is a good idea. This will lead to the centralization of the coin, which is contrary to the principles that once put into bitcoin Satoshi Nakamoto.

akiraminai

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:09:46 AM

I don't think there would be any. But if so, I think it is very helpful and can be convenient to the btc users. But I have to say that if a btc bank will be created, it will called a crypto bank made software,
Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:30:49 AM

I think there are banks for digital currencies as of today yet I can't confirm if such business have really started as of now since I did not know if they were successful in their attempts to establish one. But this is not far from reality as there are no differences between real money and digital currencies. They are valued just the same. The diffrence is one is virtual or digital and the other is real. Should there be any, I would certainly agree it could be that helpful as you have stated.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:40:11 AM

Yes I am thinking with that also that there will be a bitcoin bank someday. You know that bitcoin could be possibly legalize with its existence with secure development then it could be possible. I guess the developer's of the system are eyeing on to these possibilities since this system is one of a kind of investment. It will be a matter of time that this system will be acceptable as alternative to fiat money that could be use to any online transactions. Why do we need to develop our system? Because its popularity are widely spread all over the world that any other investment could ever have its uniqueness. So to those who are planning to establish bitcoin bank as early as now try to start naming your own bitcoin bank that could be attractive to the bitcoin depositors.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Kalemder
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1727

Be A Hope

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:13:21 AM

This is the opposite of bitcoin's power. But there is a big need at the same time. It will surely be forthcoming. There are some projects for this.

Kripto Para Rehberi: Koinmen
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
torch2121

Activity: 210

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:07:19 AM

I believe we ourselves are the Bitcoin Bank. How about cardless ATM located at malls. Were your Bitcoin exchange for fiat for retailers that still not accepting bitcoin transaction.

Joyceshiroor
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:08:19 AM

Banks are generally “for profit” companies.

They are also highly regulated by state and federal agencies.

If they can find a way to work with bitcoins that are easy, profitable, and without getting the regulators all worked up, I am sure they will do that. I know major banks are looking at the block chain. In a few years they will probably start doing that.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:09:13 AM

A bitcoin bank it's a nonsense by definition, as "money" is already stored in a safe place.
But a kind of bank can be useful as a "buffer" to guarantee a transaction, in the same way it happen today with credit card.
You can't wait 30 minutes when you pay a coffee... :-)
(we complain that bitcoin transactions are slow, but credit card ones requires much more time. If we have the impression that they are immediate is because there is a bank that takes the risk)

BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:21:50 AM

Sorry, but a Bitcoin bank is an oxymoron. There have been lately a few ICOs trying to sell something like that to the public, but I really cannot see the point in something like that.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:04:12 PM

Sorry, but a Bitcoin bank is an oxymoron. There have been lately a few ICOs trying to sell something like that to the public, but I really cannot see the point in something like that.
I agree with you because it doesn't make sense to just have a bitcoin bank because just like.. what is the reason of the wallets that are available for bitcoin if they will not be used like your own bank because the reason why we are in the cryptocurrency world like bitcoin is to have space from the banks and we should not allow the banks to create their own for cryptocurrencies because it is like centralization.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: