Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How to choose the right ICO? Is it by..
Team (This includes Advisory board) - 136 (52.1%)
Road map and/or White paper - 44 (16.9%)
Disruptive in nature - 10 (3.8%)
Hype or Marketing - 27 (10.3%)
Size or range - 12 (4.6%)
Business utility - 32 (12.3%)
Total Voters: 261

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose the right ICO?  (Read 7838 times)
BlackMoon258
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:46:04 AM

Something you have to know to choose the right ICO:

1. Know the people/team behind them

2. Go for disruptive concepts
The product or service they offer must address a real need area and use revolutionary solutions. Look for concepts that truly seek to disrupt the status quo of a particular industry by leveraging the strengths of blockchain.

3. Understand the target market
It is important to put the company, their technology, and product or service in the context of their target market. They will inevitably be subjected to the market and regulatory pressures of their target industries, so knowing the environment should give you an idea of what challenges and opportunities these ventures face.

4. Evaluate the technology
One can also evaluate the viability of a venture through its proof of concept. Ventures with proofs of concept and pilot case studies are often safer bets. ICOs that offer nothing more than an idea bear significant risk compared to ventures that have proofs of concept already available for evaluation and testing.

5. Nitpick the white paper
A white paper serves as the company’s pitch to potential investors. As such, it should be well-written and substantial enough to provide compelling arguments on why people should trust the venture with their investments. Nitpicking the white paper could prove useful in revealing the details of how their solutions work and what need areas they will be addressing.

6. Know what the coins are for
Integral to ICOs are the coins or tokens themselves. Aside from functioning as the form of security (similar to stocks in traditional investments or initial public offerings), these coins often have other functions with the platform or ecosystem.
Keep in mind that not all commodities (digital and real) may be ready to be tokenized and traded digitally like bitcoin. If the market isn’t ready, it will ultimately affect the venture and the value of their token.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoiner

Activity: 351
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:21:31 AM

I think many factors r considered to choose the right ICO projects. Firstly reading the whitepaper carefully is a must, then u`ve to check its team and visit their profiles to see if they r really experienced or not. Also the concept of the project, and its roadmap r another signs showing u if the project is going to success or not.
cypher1992

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:02:40 AM

Interesting poll.

Lately, I read an article from panteracapital.com. They also look into ICOs. One guy, dont remember his name said, the main factor they look into is if an ICO team is able to build a large community. Cause Crypto is currently less about demand&supply, it's more a community thing.
Cokodi

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:16:08 AM

I think u have to know the people behind them, go for disruptive concepts, of course understand the target market... So, evaluate the technology, nitpick the WP and know what the coins r for...
vadikalora

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:39:06 PM

Choosing the right ICO goes to your preference but most of us here are looking first with it's roadmap but that's not a good basis now. I'm looking for the team of developers for that ICO because everyone can make a fantastic roadmap. I would go for Ambit Mining as it has completed all my criterias. https://ambitmining.io/
dipannita1

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:03:04 PM

All are required but Team (This includes Advisory board) is most important because without a big team its not possible to other cryteria.

AWR Coin Upto 98% MN Rewards POS + MasterNode❍Twitter (twitter.com/CoinAward)❍
❍Discord (discord.gg/zdDX86J)❍
unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:59:26 AM

choose ico by 3 easy  steps :
1. good team
2. whitepaper .
3. support from team.

I am seeing all these 3 in Ambit Mining: https://ambitmining.io/
upisdown

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:36:18 PM

I carefully choose the company. There are similar digests, how to do it and you can find them on this forum, or on YouTube. In short, what is most important:
1. Team. Information about people needs to be online. Facebook, Twitter and other social networks. Scammers usually hide their identities.
2. Product. It must be in demand and it really implemented the idea or development.
3. The attitude to the program. Website design, how the team communicates with the participants. This is important. If things go bad, chances are the team is not working well.
I now participate in the bounty and buy the token-ICO Daneel. In my opinion this is a good project. They have a good team and an interesting product in demand.

poli.isk

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:52:04 PM

I look at the team, the idea, the tokens. I think that's the most important thing. the main thing to think about, to make the right decision. because sometimes the idea is good, but the team is not. sometimes Vice versa, it all depends on the people always.
Hanazawa

Activity: 181
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:01:11 PM

I think you already answered your questions because all of the given choices are right. You must do all those things to find the good ICO. You know choosing the right ICO is just like finding a needle in a crowded places I mean all of the ICO's are good but we don't know if that Ico is already good for us because sometimes a scam ICo is just like a real good ICo. What I mean the real ICo is difficult to distinguish among scam ICO's. So it is base on how you are differentiate a scam and real ICO. So you must deeper you knowledge about ICO for you to find the right one.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► H (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
felixesteban

Activity: 294

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:10:36 PM

There are lots of projects coming to the market almost every day, and it is very difficult to follow and examine for the normal user. Before investing, you should definitely ask yourself why I'm investing in this project, not others. What kind of changes will occur in the real world. What are the targets and objectives.Think about how realistic and feasable their goals are. Another important issue what is the coin distribution to its own team, and you have a reason to suspect that if they divide fifty percent and over, a good project should allocate most of the distribution for roadmap, because it will need resources in the future.

Who works in the project? When we go to the website and look at it, make sure that all responsible people are connected to a Linkedin link along with their first name, last name and photos. It is helpful to identify these people as real persons and it may be a good sign that the company is not afraid of being contacted. In some scam projects can be used pictures of someone else If a Avatar is being used instead of a photo, stay away from that project. Most likely the names they wrote are not real people.

Remember, there are now thousands of ICO projects, and most of them are trying to steal our money. Always have reason to suspect. You have accumulated money for months and years by adding your night to the day, and unfortunately someone covets it. Learn to protect yourself. If the project promises to make a huge profit in the short term, it would indicate that it is not a serious company. I am talking about 'the to the moon' concept. . If something seems like a scam, it probably is. Trust your senses. Finally, let's end up with the general rules everyone must know. Invest only what you can afford to loose this is the place where you can reset your money overnight, remember that. The second important rule always do your own research. Don't settle for what others say, don't forget it's your money and if you lose, you're gonna be the one to worry about.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
ai5998865

Activity: 216
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:25:54 PM

am choose icos based on raitings, in particular ICO drops team!
its a good project, non sponsored ICO's.
and icobench raitings.
sharaban

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:46:46 AM

I think many factors r considered to choose the right ICO projects. Firstly reading the whitepaper carefully is a must, then u`ve to check its team and visit their profiles to see if they r really experienced or not. Also the concept of the project, and its roadmap r another signs showing u if the project is going to success or not.

How do you feel, can I trust the choice of ICO professional analysts? There are a lot of such communities and individual researchers Undecided
Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:30:14 AM

If we take on consideration all those points I think we areon the rigt track, its better to be choosy than to waste our money and effort for some useless project. better be cautious than regret on the end. As well on choosing bounties.

Yeah I know right
Germantopov1

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 01:43:54 PM

I can say that cool cousin will do. cool cousin is a vc-backed travel company launched in 2016, with a thriving global community in over 60 cities. crowned by the new york times, l.a times, the guardian and as a “must app for travelers”
topcigars

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:01:42 PM

With so many icos, it's hard to choose right.  i will be using tokenway service soon.  they will buy packs fo the best icos and deliver them to your wallet every month.
At first i was sketchy but they closed the registration at 100 clients.  i think they dont look greedy at all.

It seems to be a good project. Could you give me some link from them? I was interested and wanted to research more about

www.tokenway.io  the team is working on the platform, and is planned to release in may.
Jaephoenix

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:51:04 PM

To choose a great ICO, you would have to do your due diligence and research. This sequence is what I have done and come up with AllStocks. Great team with integrity
TheMateus

Merit: 15

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:45:13 AM

With so many icos, it's hard to choose right.  i will be using tokenway service soon.  they will buy packs fo the best icos and deliver them to your wallet every month.
At first i was sketchy but they closed the registration at 100 clients.  i think they dont look greedy at all.

It seems to be a good project. Could you give me some link from them? I was interested and wanted to research more about

www.tokenway.io  the team is working on the platform, and is planned to release in may.

It seemed interesting to me. I hope they at least show the criteria used to give the project more credibility. Well, I'm sure no one will give away money like that.

Crypto Jenny

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:01:05 AM

I think a community is an important factor for a successful ICO, the people and the team needs to be friendly and responsive. The one I like the most at the moment is BlockGrain.io. They’re aiming to automate the supply chain with Grain and later on Fruit/Vegetables/Wool. It’s an Australian ICO. The reason why I like them and looking forward is cause they team itself has a background of farmers and they really wants to help farmers to grow.
And their sale is on!!

If you are interested, here is the link to their telegram: https://t.me/BlockGrain
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:28:08 AM

Choosing the right ICO is not easy. In the market there are many scammers which are difficult to distinguish from these projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: