Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How to choose the right ICO? Is it by..
Team (This includes Advisory board) - 136 (52.1%)
Road map and/or White paper - 44 (16.9%)
Disruptive in nature - 10 (3.8%)
Hype or Marketing - 27 (10.3%)
Size or range - 12 (4.6%)
Business utility - 32 (12.3%)
Total Voters: 261

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose the right ICO?  (Read 7840 times)
tibahoni

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:13:28 AM

How to choose the right ICO look at his Web project and see his teamwork

Hi My Friend, The Right ICO Is Flogmall. I invested in this project and believe in it Wink
A7373

Activity: 602
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:44:04 AM

To choose the right ICO for investment, you need to study at least  three sites with ICO ratings. On such portals  the audit of the project is already done for you!
chainguru12

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:23:20 AM

I think is from the team, because most there recent projects were successful so if someone have known so team they can easily partake of the project. Although sometimes roadmap also matters if they are inline with what is written on the roadmap that shows that the project will be successful too.
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:39:49 PM

I think to choose the correct ico by looking at the vision and mission of an ICO. See Ambit mining ICO https://ambitmining.io

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:00:46 PM

We have different prediction and  for we have opinions about how to know if they have possible to become successful the ICO. This my requirements if it's good ICO . The unique or the difference of other project and the purpose of investing to the project . But even its potential ICO they have chance to become failed once they not reach target hard cap..
wabashky

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:24:16 PM

I think many factors r considered to choose the right ICO projects. Firstly reading the WP carefully is a must, then u have to check its team and visit their profiles to see if they r really experienced or not. Also the concept of the project, and its roadmap are another signs showing u if the project is going to success or not.
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:43:41 PM

i prefer to evaluate them on some form of the following. Note to newbies: also always be careful to follow instructions clearly, including whether they accept btc or just eth, and not to send eth/btc from an exchange etc.

Hype:
twitter users
reddit posts
telegram members
discord members
responsiveness/truthfulness of moderators in these channels

Fundamentals:   
Availability of MVP
Team strength (number of experts in the field; linkedin profiles)   
Whitepaper originality/technicality/clarity   
Independent reviews   
Partnerships with corporates/academia   
Use-case strength   
Clarity of roadmap

Others:   
Existing Competition (other coins in the same space? how established are they)   
Regulation Risk (does it have security characteristics?)   
Hardcap (is it asking for too much money for its use case?)
Share of tokens distributed (are the founders/team keeping too much for themselves, escrow?)
iadowr

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 01:45:23 PM

Here is a novel idea.

Have they created anything?  Will they create something in my lifetime? Are they really doing something new or is it a pipedream?  Not "they aim" to create something.  Have they actually created something that could have value?  Or is it another "idea" with the words Decentralized, Protocol, Blockchain and Infrastructure in it.  

It doesn't have to be high tech for it to be viable.  It needs to actually be something, anything.  Then maybe you can establish a value.

HAI11

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:59:26 PM

mainstream ICO like lending ICO bitconnect , regal , hextra and another
so be carefull some ICO will scam just see team , roadmap , whitepaper
iadowr

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 02:44:23 PM

Bitconnect and other ponzi schemes had great whitepapers.

Is a whitepaper a legal document?

Is a whitepaper even remotely based on reality?

A Whitepaper could be written by a very talented writer that is full of promises of things that they have no ability to do or sweeping generalizations of decentralized this and that.

A team would need to be verified and not just some pictures of cool looking millenial programmers and VC guys.

What have they made?  That is what you can verify?  Is it something someone can actually use?  Is it legit?  Does it have any real world use or problem solving?

To tell people that they just need a nice Whitepaper and a good looking team is in my humble opinion a failed investment approach.

There are also projects that pay money to some "name" in the blockchain world to say he is an "Advisor" on their project to give their project credibility.  They do it in Hollywood, they do it on Wallstreet, and they do it in ICO's.  Do you think the 100 projects a certain someone is associated with is actually being advised by that person?

What have they made?  Is that verifiable?  Is it being used?  Or did they just post some open source somewhere?

Do they have contacts and the ability within whatever industry that they say they are in to solve the problem they are attempting to solve?  That might be a better question than wanting pictures of programmers.  So many tokens don't need people with blockchain experience, they need people with industry experience.  Unless they are making a new blockchain technology, I would rather take a group that knows about the industry they are in and 90% of ICO's are not attesting to be making new blockchain technology but using current platforms and protocols to make something new for the actual public to use.

I would rather look for the next Uber or Amazon that utilizes already made tech for real life use than trying to find the next Ethereum.   

Just a humble opinion, but what do I know.
Bas01

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:53:36 PM

As for me, the first is the idea of the project, then you need to study the team and the road map , well, you always need to remember that investing in cryptocurrencies is very risky!
parlament9

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:00:14 PM

First of all it is worth checking rating on various websites, it is the best of all if this rating is the computer work, because voices and opinions of people are very often just bought.
Then it is worth checking what team or the person stands behind this project, most often all this information can be found in the Internet.
Reading whitepepper and the decision to enter ico will be the following stage which I advise to you. Very often projects are repeated each other and it is necessary to find the alternative project and to understand why this project is better
Well and as practice best of all shows a blockchain projects are on sale. Good luck

Veylmav

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:10:11 PM

To select a good ICO, you first need to understand the ICO campaign. After analyzing the ICO campaign and referring to the web site overview, you need to decide whether the ICO development team is reliable?
seymenyunus1654

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:52:48 PM

It is very important to study the "white paper" in sufficient detail. Unfortunately, many investors do not find for this time, although it is there that everything you need to know about a particular ICO is located. Compare the content of the "white book" and what you found in other sources. Then ask yourself: what value does this project bring to the world?
PROTO_Token

Activity: 67

The Next Evolution In Transaction Technology

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:08:47 PM

I think you nailed all the popular points of note.

If you look at most ICOs, the concepts are really shit...so be careful.

• Do your research on the technology's viability in the market
  • Make sure the funding is relative to the amount of funds necessary to make the project work
  • Look for projects that really have something unique and necessary for the current space (HINT: if you're paying attention, there are a lot of problems to solve)

And there should be one great idea in ICO which is different from other ICOs, coins or tokens

I agree with ceferov, but add the caveat there are projects coming with more than (1) great idea, have an adoption strategy, and a great business model (very important).

Look for the projects that can revolutionize cryptocurrencies adoption and market acceptance.
Vasil Hamadrilo

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:54:52 AM

Generally in my opinion ICO is always a good option.  In particular, it is very profitable to look for companies that are only gaining momentum and investing in them, because after a rapid growth on this you can raise the money.  Of these, companies have recently found Paytomat for themselves.  As if the company is not very popular, it already cooperates with NEM and Hacken, which I trust.  Details can be read on them on the telegram channel, called Paytomat Announcements.  But in general, I do not want to impose my point of view, so think for yourself
Jony Denir

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:55:08 AM

Many people in my environment ask me where I invest.  But I think this question is not correct, because each individual chooses investment individually, in addition to the aspects of profit, it is necessary to oversee the value component as well.  So it is desirable to define at least between bitcoinom and ICO, but in these spheres already to choose more personally.  For example, I chose Paymot.  because my selection criteria are trust in the company, publicity, openness, stability and a couple more.  But the main premise of this comment is that everyone chooses himself
David Hamadrilo

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:55:21 AM

I always look for some good new companies for investment, I select them according to several criteria, publicity, openness, perspective, need personally to me.  And then I consider them a good investment not important for a month or a year.  Well, for example, I can mention Paytomat from the last, I know that their idea will be relevant to me.  Because the problem of transferring real money to Coins is now very topical4
Inna Pasichnik

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:55:31 AM

I see more and more people talking about Paytomat.  And at first I thought that it was a bad spam, but I decided to take a chance and, at the beginning, I did a little bit of risk, and then it all turned out to be surprisingly good, I wondered where it was, and it was not there, it was strange because it got used to everyone who wants to swear.  But the company is really cool and sincere.  Therefore, do not think that the spam, was simply surprised by this discovery
ebykamsiokoro

Activity: 310

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:07:37 AM

For me, I love ICOs with workable projects, and better still, ones with a working product. A utility token has to be worth its name, not just an abstract project. Well, I may be wrong but, its been working for me so far. No complaints. Checking and thoroughly reading the whitepaper for the project should not be overlooked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: