Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:50:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How to choose the right ICO? Is it by..
Team (This includes Advisory board) - 136 (52.1%)
Road map and/or White paper - 44 (16.9%)
Disruptive in nature - 10 (3.8%)
Hype or Marketing - 27 (10.3%)
Size or range - 12 (4.6%)
Business utility - 32 (12.3%)
Total Voters: 261

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to choose the right ICO?  (Read 7837 times)
the_viper

Activity: 315
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:51:28 PM

Choose ico by 3 easy  steps :
1. good team
2. whitepaper .
3. support from team.

I saw all these three best quality in Ambit Mining https://ambitmining.io.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
A7373

Activity: 602
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:46:07 PM

Choose ico by 3 easy  steps :
1. good team
2. whitepaper .
3. support from team.

I saw all these three best quality in Ambit Mining https://ambitmining.io.
It would be nice if the project team personally went through the procedure KYC with  advisors also =). It can be seen on special web-sources.
tachi641

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:39:34 AM

For my personal experience here are mine in terms of importance:
1. Video about project (promo)

2. Team/advisor, has to be experienced and there should be at least one "superstar"

3. Product/alpha/beta

4. market cap, it has to be less than 30M

5. roadmap/whitepaper

6. Hype/marketing

All these quality I saw in Ambit Mining ICO https://ambitmining.io/
PRINCEREDROSE

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:44:20 AM

Investing in ICOs or fully functional fresh currencies can be very profitable due to the fact that one is able to get in asset quick and often ahead of other market participants. However picking bad coin can easily lead to complete loss of investment if something goes wrong on development or coin has no long term use and the market looses faith and trust in currency which leads to collapse of value.
Shocking statistics that majority of new traders or investors do not realize is that majority of coins are the ones crashing not the ones performing with significant value increase over long period (1-3years). This is important fact to consider that one should be very careful when deciding and judging which coin is worth to invest in and which not if one is looking to make money in this market. If its just a fun or hobby then you might not be interested in this post and feel free to skip it.

Strategic thinking and asset judgment is needed in order to decrease chances of entering in bad asset, no person can decrease risk to 0, but you can decrease risk of failure a lot by strategically picking the asset apart with correct thinking and plan.

I have been part of many IT projects that were based on community collaboration and pinching the ideas on forums and also doing several years of trading in FX and stock markets which helped me alot to see relatively quickly for majority of crypto coins that are screaming scam, a no long term value of use or just simply ill planed ideas. Its something that many participants in crypto community lack but it can be quickly learned and applied as long as one if following correct rules.
With that said following those principles and rules that i will explain will not prevent you 100% to step into bad investing asset, but they will decrease of chances to stepping into one by 10 fold if not more.

checklist-41335_640.png
Here is quick checklist that i go trough always before investing in coin:

1. Check the crypto currencies forum page on bitcointalk forums. Checking for several different things from lower part of checklist.

2. Flashy images and good page setup. Solid structured page is what i look for, anything that is scraped up quickly without images or videos often means that developers put little effort into marketing of coin, which is not a good sign to see for investing. Remember you are not in it alone, you want other market participants to get in too if you want to sell coin for profit.
Generally people think completly wrong on this one, thinking that flashy images mean developers are just looking for profits and coin is more likely a scam, while the reality is if you do deep statistical checking and pattern checking of the coins, it is exactly the opposite. The more work developers put into the coin the better, there can be exceptions but in the end its overall statistical performance that matters not single picked example.

3.Transparent team. Images and names of all developers on project, coins developed and released by hidden developers are way more likely to be scam or eventually loosing overall value. This is a fact. Its logical, if someone has ill intent its more likely that staying in shadows will guarantee better safety or perception of it. A good sign is team with experianced members who produced previously successful projects.
Screenshot_699.jpg

4 Long term use. Coin, token, system no matter what the ICO or release is it needs to have long term useful value. Just releasing currency for the sake of it doesnt cut it. Whatever the asset is, it has to provide some real use in order for market to see long term value in it. This means when one sees coin always make sure to think ahead how could such asset provide value to certain people, organizations, companies etc...
For example it could provide platform for developers to develop other blockchain softwares on top of it, which gives it intrensic value of whole ecosystem build on top of it, it could provide capital flight in reppresed countries such as privacy coins allow, it could be distributed power sharing and use such as certain coins that distribute computer power might allow in future, it needs to give value to certain market.

5.Mining should be low on list of forum page. When you see coin page that has mining explained and front pushed right bellow the tittle or near it, its usually red flag. It means that developers did not develop any other significant feature to represent it in coins description that could drag in the  :oinvestors. Mining is only process that helps functionality of currency, it is not the actual use of currency and its only sole feature.

6.Market capitalization. Very important and often overlooked. When investing in any asset it is important to recognize what current market capitalization of it is, if you are value investing and looking for asset that will produce long term increase of use for certain market, it needs to be as under priced and under capitalized as possible, this means that you as investor are entering at best possible price. If market capitalization is way above the actual real use of market it very often leads to strong price drop in order for price to stabilize around intrensic value.
Let me give simple example on this one:
Imagine company X that sells product with limited production of assets of 100 per year and has limited number of companies to sell to. Maximum profits that this company could get is 1 million USD if all products are sold (and lets say that company can only extend production and market by 10% per year).
If such company forms IPO and there is 50 million USD entering in first day, then no matter how good the production and products of company are, the asset (stock) is heavily overpriced. In majority of cases this leads to strong price correction.
Market cap can be seen on website like : https://coinmarketcap.com/
For ICOs market cap after finished ICO can be seen on coins website.
Screenshot_699.jpg Roll Eyes

Now the key is to assume as good as possible what is decent market cap for certain crypto currency that one wants to invest in, its not very easy. Best way is to focus on obvious extremes. Often if investing in ICO one does not know ahead what value will be collected, which means that investor has to asses sitatuation and actions later on once the coins ICO is finished. Often there is still enough time to get out of position without any major loss if its done quickly.

By following the above 6 rules one can decrease chance of bad investment a lot.
Grin
A7373

Activity: 602
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:06:31 AM

I know very many cases when weak and not  untwisted projects bring good results to their depositors. You have to choose the project whose idea you like.
BTCITA187

Activity: 1176
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:51:29 AM

Maybe this is very obvious answer but - TEAM. I agree with most voters here and I can say that without good team any idea, any project won't make any sense. I know a lot of ICO's that was ruined by
unqualified team. Because team is a key to any ICO. I won't invest to ICO even if it has brilliant idea and promising market but don't have qualified team.
For example you can remember Envion. They have good idea and raised more than 100$ but still can't do anything.
Rakesh_alejandro

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:06:49 PM

if ico is good, they will explain about their ico development and tell the news about their ico, we can see ico's background.

I think I will usually look for more information about the team, check all their social network accounts to assess their relevant knowledge and whether they have a large network of related connections. Followed by the presentation of their products on their functional website and not forgetting the white paper should provide detailed details and clear explanation of the whole project.
The choices given by you are all important key factors to watch out for when choosing the right ICO to invest. Most importantly, Do look out for a good strong project team as they will result in a greater success rate in their ICO.
lilifcik

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:14:25 PM

It is necessary to investigate the project to select the correct iC. The power of the team was checked. If everything looks good, ico is selected by analysis. weak or insecure projects should be avoided. Choose projects that you trust in their ideas.

▬▬[  REMIIT.IO  ]▬▬[Resolve Trust Issues]▬   
▌ Decentralized Remittance & Payment Platform ▐
▬▬  PRE - SALE STARTS SEPTEMBER 2018▬▬| Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn   | Facebook| ▬▬
Veylmav

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:23:10 PM

If you are bent on investing in new tokens, do your due diligence. Consider ICOs that have working projects and not just proofs of concept. Check the domain expertise of the executive team. Read the ICOs’ white paper with a critical eye. Stay clear of projects that offer a mere wish list
CEL12

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:07:11 PM

7For example it could provide platform for developers to develop other blockchain softwares on top of it, which gives it intrensic value of whole ecosystem build on top of it, it could provide capital flight in reppresed countries such as privacy coins allow,
Rocktop044

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:53:27 PM

I prefer the road map, because we will know the project plan. It's useless if the team is good but the road map is unattractive and has no potential in the future.
Veviene0417

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:38:55 PM

ICO's are high risk, high reward investment. Its important to know how much one is willing to invest and possibly lose before participating in one. Most likely you must know the people behind them and you must understand the target market. And most of all you need to study and know what coins are for.
Alex Melkov

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:59:33 PM

In my opinion, the most important criterion when choosing an ICO project is the idea of this project, and only then the team and everything else.
YAyyas

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:35:10 PM

You need to read more about ICO, read their whitepaper, their vision and most importantly, their developers. Study carefully the developers, do they have experience? Are they on social networks? Do they go out to communicate. This is a very important point, scammers will not show themselves everywhere.
vanductam

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:47:11 AM

These days team is more important. Because after ico and collecting money, it is possible to develop stuff.
I have seen some projects, team must announce that project owner are scam, they didn't pay for team and disconnect when the project was running. So the project owner is important.
coingrowth

Activity: 416
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:38:57 AM

One Blind rule we can choose right ico if the ico attend the blockchain conference then we can relay they are serious and will stand on their working team we can relay on
O9NpJ9ld1opS

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:16:36 AM

With more and more ICOs coming up frequently, care should be taken while selecting one. The first and foremost rule is not to follow the crowd. Don't listen to others shill. Do your own research. Understand the project and observe the issue it solves. Take a look at the team and for an active community. Study the whitepaper and roadmap. This way you can find a good project.

vanductam

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:34:07 AM

There is the VC rule: administration, technology and sales -> it is all focused on the team.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2293442.new#new
Thanks for your sharing, there are many helpful infomation in that.
Scor1937

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:04:42 AM

To be able to choose the right ICO you have to read and understand really about the ICO, from project quality, project concept, project vision, and mission, project flow, future project prospects, project team, whitepaper, project wallet there are investors or not, coins also need to be considered, whether the coin produced has a good value in the market. All must be completely detailed so as not to be hit by a scam project.
Dragomot435

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:07:07 PM

To choose right ICO you should to know enough about segment in which they do their business and analyse their plans and intentions if this ICO is going to be succeced
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: